Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2101

Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper27 View Post
    After Beating the 6th gym, my team is currently: (bold represents decided Future moves)

Chestnaught lvl 48
    Impish Nature @ Rocky Helmet
    Leech Seed
    Spiky Shield
    Seed Bomb/Wood Hammer
    Rollout/Stone Edge
    This thing is just a great physical tank. Its spiky shield + leech seed works really well and it is just soo awesome to use.

Greninja lvl 49
    Hasty Nature @ Metronome
    Surf
    Extrasensory
    Quick Attack/Dark Pulse
    Aerial Ace/U-turn
    Fantastic Pokemon to use, great offense in general and extremely fast.

Delphox lvl 48
    Modest @n/a
    Flamethrower
    Psybeam/Psychic
    Psyshock/Shadow Ball
    Light Screen/Calm Mind
    This thing has been good, Im sure it is awesome like the other 2, but it doesn't have quite the best moves yet...

Doublade lvl 40
    Adamant @ eviolite
    Shadow Sneak
    Swords Dance
    Night Slash/King's Shield
    Slash//Sacred Sword
    Takes physical hits pretty well. Just added eviolite so I'm sure it is much better now with its specially defensive side.

Now for the hard part... What should I add next? What other pokemon have you guys used that has made your gameplay experience really fun? I was considering Noivern, but I couldn't figure out any others for a team of six past that. Any Suggestions?
    Thanks, Hyper27
    For Delphox
    I would use Psyshock over Psychic since it can allow Delphox to kill Special Defense Wall. As for Item I would use Expert Belt.

For Greninja
    I would rather use Ice Beam over U-Turn to cover a lot more type and you could switch Pokemon easily in-game anyway. You will get the Ice Beam TM after you beat Gym 8.

As for new Pokemom, why don't use a Mega Evolution like Mega Lucario or The Kanto Starter you choose?

Hope this help

I need help. The pokemon I have is a greninja, charizard, and Lucario all level 50. I am planning to get a beldum by trade and I am training a level 42 goodra, what should my sixth pokemon be

3ds friend code: 2380 - 3796 - 1947

Credits to sworn metalhead for the Latios banner

I mean sliggoo

3ds friend code: 2380 - 3796 - 1947

Credits to sworn metalhead for the Latios banner

I love my Lvl.100 Ninjask, he sweeps in-game easily and is able to baton pass to things like shiny salamence and stuff (not pointing at my signature though, but the friend safari exchange thrad is closed O.O)
    if u put 70 % of us into a bowl it becomes the bowl, put 70 % of us into a tea pot it becomes the tea pot.. 70 % of us can flow ,, or crash be urself my friend-Hitmonlee

Friend Safari:GRASS Sunkern, Swaddloon, Quilladin
    NDS Friendcode:2852-8108-6092

I'm a little bit unsure of this being in the right place, so please do redirect me if I'm lost! But I'm wandering about building a Sand team once poke bank is active. I know I want to use my Tyranitar, Garchomp, Excadrill, Scizor and Tyrantrum, and am thinking of training an Aerodactyl as these are some of my favourite pokemon, and aside from aerodactyl I have each of these lvl 80+.

Which should be my mega? I'm thinking Aero. What items should I put on. The rest?
    I know there are other pokes that might be better candidates but I like to use the ones I love!
    Any help very much appreciated, and again I apologise if I'm in the wrong place!
    Cheers guys
    718 / 718
    TRADING SHINY female RALTS FOR SHINY male RALTS/JOLTIK/TYRANITARITE - PM me

Credit to ASTRAL SHADOW for my team shot
    Add me as a friend on X Y to expand our FREIND SAFARIS?
    2595-0873-6517 IGN: Gromit

[B]OMEGA RUBY TEAM[B]

Quote Originally Posted by Srignan View Post
    I need help. The pokemon I have is a greninja, charizard, and Lucario all level 50. I am planning to get a beldum by trade and I am training a level 42 goodra, what should my sixth pokemon be
    In my X team I used Heliolisk am in Ynim using Dedenne. Both make excellent electric types as leads, using thunder wave/nuzzle, and both have access to Uturn and Volt switch. Heliolisk has better stats and stab Hyperbeam, and can also use surf to take out ground types.
    Dedenne ha been great as my first fairy type, it can easily take out dragons due to its move 'play rough' but it is fragile against the wrong opponent so use him carefully. Your team is missing electric, fairy and normal types so there's some food for thought
    718 / 718
    TRADING SHINY female RALTS FOR SHINY male RALTS/JOLTIK/TYRANITARITE - PM me

Credit to ASTRAL SHADOW for my team shot
    Add me as a friend on X Y to expand our FREIND SAFARIS?
    2595-0873-6517 IGN: Gromit

[B]OMEGA RUBY TEAM[B]

About to go to lumiose to challenge lysandre: (bold represents items/tms/moves I dont have and will have in the future)

Chestnaught lvl 55
    Leech Seed
    Spiky Shield
    Wood Hammer
    Rollout/Stone Edge

Greninja lvl 55
    Hasty Nature @ Metronome
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Quick Attack/Dark Pulse
    Aerial Ace/U-turn

Delphox lvl 55
    Modest @Expert Belt
    Flamethrower
    Psychic
    Psyshock/Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind

Aegislash lvl 54
    Adamant @ Leftovers
    Shadow Sneak
    Swords Dance
    King's Shield
    Sacred Sword

Is my team so far, and I was hoping to have a team of six before the battle against lysandre, but it's not looking likely right now...
    I wanted to add:
    Noivern
    Timid Nature
    Boomburst
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Fly

But for my sixth member, I just couldn't figure out who to use. I definitely want a flying type (hence noivern) and I want to use a gen 6 pokemon without type repetition. That doesn't seem likely now, though... Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe tyrantrum...
    @ chap196 : thanks for the suggestions! But as you see above I dont know if I want to repeat types... If I did however, would mega charizard X be a good option? I'll resort to that if I can't think of anything else.
    Last edited by Hyper27; 11th November 2013 at 10:54 PM.
    ORAS Team:

Delphox lvl 92
    Future Sight
    Psychic
    Fire Pledge
    Flamethrower

Blastoise lvl 83
    Surf
    Flash Cannon
    Water Pledge
    Waterfall

Rotom-R lvl 100
    Hex
    Thunderbolt
    Ominous Wind
    Blizzard

Lucario lvl 83
    Aura Sphere
    Strength (very useful)
    Close Combat
    Earthquake

Staraptor lvl 86
    Fly
    Close Combat
    Brave Bird
    U Turn

Xerneas lvl 83
    Nature Power
    Horn Leech
    Moon blast
    Megahorn
    GAME OVER
    please try again next time

3DS FC: 0387-9333-2196

I haves claimed PorygonZ! (Not a typo)

http://dragcave.net/view/NjBIS
    http://dragcave.net/view/flTM8]
    http://dragcave.net/view/HXFjx]

Currently, my team consists of:
    - Greninja: 37
    - Talonflame: 37
    - Chesnaught: 37
    - Doublade: 37
    - Shiny Skrelp: 37
    - Amaura: 37

Wasn't too sure on Amaura. I like myself a Rock and Ice-type, but didn't want to wait until Bergmite. I'm just at the Laverre Nature Trail and just caught a Goomy (and a Modest Haunter for that matter). They don't have too many fancy moves, so I'll skip that part. Considering my first five, those were set in stone, my number six isn't.

I've already said that Bergmite would've been an option, but so are Helioptile, Carbink and perhaps Dedenne. I don't like doubling up on types, but that basically means that I couldn't add my Tyrunt (though I prefer it over Amaura, aesthetically), Binacle, Phantump, Pangoro, Pyroar, Gogoat or Malamar to the roster. And yeah, Tyrunt is excluded because Skrelp will evolve into Poison/Dragon.. Oh, and I've got a thing against mono-types.. Though I like using them, it makes me feel empty if I put them in the Main 6 roster.

So yeah, what I could do.. Is...
    - Greninja: Water/Dark
    - Tyrunt: Rock/Dragon
    - Klefki: Steel/Fairy
    - Phantump: Ghost/Grass
    - Pyroar: Normal/Fire
    - Hawlucha: Fighting/Flying

Or:
    - Binacle: Rock/Water
    - Delphox (I don't have it yet): Fire/Psychic
    - Noivern: Flying/Dragon
    - Pangoro: Dark/Fighting
    - Dedenne: Electric/Fairy
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper27 View Post
    About to go to lumiose to challenge lysandre: (bold represents items/tms/moves I dont have and will have in the future)

Chestnaught lvl 55
    Leech Seed
    Spiky Shield
    Wood Hammer
    Rollout/Stone Edge

Greninja lvl 55
    Hasty Nature @ Metronome
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Quick Attack/Dark Pulse
    Aerial Ace/U-turn

Delphox lvl 55
    Modest @Expert Belt
    Flamethrower
    Psychic
    Psyshock/Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind

Aegislash lvl 54
    Adamant @ Leftovers
    Shadow Sneak
    Swords Dance
    King's Shield
    Sacred Sword

Is my team so far, and I was hoping to have a team of six before the battle against lysandre, but it's not looking likely right now...
    I wanted to add:
    Noivern
    Timid Nature
    Boomburst
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Fly

But for my sixth member, I just couldn't figure out who to use. I definitely want a flying type (hence noivern) and I want to use a gen 6 pokemon without type repetition. That doesn't seem likely now, though... Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe tyrantrum...
    @ chap196 : thanks for the suggestions! But as you see above I dont know if I want to repeat types... If I did however, would mega charizard X be a good option? I'll resort to that if I can't think of anything else.
    Mega Charizard X is fine as it is a lot of difference between Mega Charizard X and Delphox. Other option for Mega Evolution might be Mega Lucario as Aegislash won't be using Steel Type move anyway.

does anyone have any houndoomnite? im willing to trade manectite for it.
    My friend code is: 3282-3561-5485

Does anyone know how get this set on tropius?
    Air slash
    Substitute
    Protect
    Leech seed

Leech seed being the big problem with the set

Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    Does anyone know how get this set on tropius?
    Air slash
    Substitute
    Protect
    Leech seed

Leech seed being the big problem with the set
    Breed one with a male Bulbasaur or Roselia that knows Leech Seed, so the offspring will be Tropius with Leech Seed.
    Sub & Protect are TMs and Air Slash is a level up move.

Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

I have a post-game team, mainly for online battles. I need some moves replaced, but I don't what to teach them.

Blaziken w/ Blazikenite
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Double Kick (Needs replacing)
    -Brave Bird
    -Blaze Kick

Greninja w/ Mystic Water
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Waterfall
    -Night Slash

Aerodactyl w/ Aerodactylite
    -Crunch
    -Iron Head
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fly

Gyarados w/ Gyaradosite
    -Surf
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Fang
    -Hyper Beam (Needs replacing)

Lucario w/ Lucarionite
    -Close Combat
    -Strength
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dragon Pulse

Gengar w/ Gengarite
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Dark Pulse
    -Destiny Bond (Needs replacing)
    -Shadow Claw
    My Platinum Team:

My OmegaRuby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Currently, my team consists of:
    - Greninja: 37
    - Talonflame: 37
    - Chesnaught: 37
    - Doublade: 37
    - Shiny Skrelp: 37
    - Amaura: 37

Wasn't too sure on Amaura. I like myself a Rock and Ice-type, but didn't want to wait until Bergmite. I'm just at the Laverre Nature Trail and just caught a Goomy (and a Modest Haunter for that matter). They don't have too many fancy moves, so I'll skip that part. Considering my first five, those were set in stone, my number six isn't.

I've already said that Bergmite would've been an option, but so are Helioptile, Carbink and perhaps Dedenne. I don't like doubling up on types, but that basically means that I couldn't add my Tyrunt (though I prefer it over Amaura, aesthetically), Binacle, Phantump, Pangoro, Pyroar, Gogoat or Malamar to the roster. And yeah, Tyrunt is excluded because Skrelp will evolve into Poison/Dragon.. Oh, and I've got a thing against mono-types.. Though I like using them, it makes me feel empty if I put them in the Main 6 roster.

So yeah, what I could do.. Is...
    - Greninja: Water/Dark
    - Tyrunt: Rock/Dragon
    - Klefki: Steel/Fairy
    - Pyroar: Normal/Fire
    - Hawlucha: Fighting/Flying

Or:
    - Binacle: Rock/Water
    - Delphox (I don't have it yet): Fire/Psychic
    - Noivern: Flying/Dragon
    - Pangoro: Dark/Fighting
    - Dedenne: Electric/Fairy
    What I ended up doing was similar to your mindset, not repeating types and using all dual-typed Pokémon. My team ended up looking like this:

-Heliolisk (Electric/Normal) Never underestimate the value of a good Normal-type.
    -Aegislash (Steel/Ghost) I wanted one on my team ever since Honedge was revealed.
    -Delphox (Fire/Psychic) #TeamFennekin from the start.
    -Azumarill (Water/Fairy) I trained one in Black2, and she was a beast.
    -Venusaur (Grass/Poison) My team's resident Mega Evolver, and also my first starter ever.
    -Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon) As a childhood fan of Jurassic Park, I just HAD to have this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbro223 View Post
    I have a post-game team, mainly for online battles. I need some moves replaced, but I don't what to teach them.

Blaziken w/ Blazikenite
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Double Kick (Needs replacing)
    -Brave Bird
    -Blaze Kick

Greninja w/ Mystic Water
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Waterfall
    -Night Slash

Aerodactyl w/ Aerodactylite
    -Crunch
    -Iron Head
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fly

Gyarados w/ Gyaradosite
    -Surf
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Fang
    -Hyper Beam (Needs replacing)

Lucario w/ Lucarionite
    -Close Combat
    -Strength
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dragon Pulse

Gengar w/ Gengarite
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Dark Pulse
    -Destiny Bond (Needs replacing)
    -Shadow Claw
    For Blaziken
    Use Protect over Double Kick for a Free Speed boost. Replace Sky Uppercut with Hi Jump Kick since it has a lot more base power and its accuracy is not that low.

For Greninja
    Replace Night Slash with Dark Pulse since Greninja has higher Special Attack and replace Waterfall with Grass Knot for coverages or even Spike (for Protean Greninja only) to change its type to ground if you predict that your opponent will use a Electric Move. Also you don't want 2 moves With the same type unless it is a speed priority move. Use Focus Sash or Life Orb for Greninja.

For Gengar
    Use Shadow Ball instead of Shadow Claw as Gengar has a lot higher Special Attack than Attack.

Don't attach 5 Pokemon with Mega Stone since you can only Mega Evolve once per battle which will be a waste of item slot if you already Mega Evolve Other Pokemom. There are many good useful item like Leftover, Choice Item, Assult Vest and many more.

Hope this help

Quote Originally Posted by chap196 View Post

For Gengar
    Use Shadow Ball instead of Shadow Claw as Gengar has a lot higher Special Attack than Attack.
    Dark Pulse isn't a bad move, but I would switch that with STAB Shadow Ball and then switch Shadow Claw with Thunderbolt, Psychic or Focus Blast for more type coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiëstik View Post
    Dark Pulse isn't a bad move, but I would switch that with STAB Shadow Ball and then switch Shadow Claw with Thunderbolt, Psychic or Focus Blast for more type coverage.
    Oddly enough, Gengar gets Dazzling Gleam, as well, so that's another viable option.

This will be my final team once Deino evolves... this should give good coverage across all of the types:

Gardevoir
    Gengar
    Hydreigon
    Charizard
    Tyranitar
    Lucario

Find a weakness... I dare you!

has anyone heard about the poke transfer from gen 5 to 6? Apparently its going to detect hacked pokemon and deny them. Do you think clones will count? Im going to be very dissapointed if all my cloned events cant make it to 6, so dissapointed it may change my decision buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    has anyone heard about the poke transfer from gen 5 to 6? Apparently its going to detect hacked pokemon and deny them. Do you think clones will count? Im going to be very dissapointed if all my cloned events cant make it to 6, so dissapointed it may change my decision buying it.
    We don't know yet because TCPI won't say, due to the danger of people using that info to circumvent their protective measures. All that cheaters/cloners/hackers can hope for, is that if the Pokémon itself is not modified in any way, that it'll still transfer regardless of other modifications to the game's code (hacks used for items, exp gains, etc.,) and that taking advantage of glitches doesn't trigger rejection.

I'm not at this point yet since not all the guys are evolved, but I'm working on this team. I haven't made final decisions and I need to wait for the Pokemon Bank to bring some p.:

- Greninja
    - Venasaur
    -Typhlosion or Infernape or Talonflame
    - Pikachu or Heliolisk
    - Tyrantrum or Aerodactyl
    - Gliscor or Lucario or Heracross

Does anybody have any suggestions for the undecided spots. Obviously I don't want Talonflame, Aerodactyl, and Gliscor together since they share flying type, or Infernape and Lucario. The real choice for me is bringing up a Chimchar or Cyndaquil from my Gen 4 games since that'll decide the rest. Talonflame will mainly be used for transportation with Fly. I know people always rave about how great Blaziken and Mega Blaziken are but I'm trying to build a team with pokemon I've never really used before.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vogon View Post
    I'm not at this point yet since not all the guys are evolved, but I'm working on this team. I haven't made final decisions and I need to wait for the Pokemon Bank to bring some p.:

- Greninja
    - Venasaur
    -Typhlosion or Infernape or Talonflame
    - Pikachu or Heliolisk
    - Tyrantrum or Aerodactyl
    - Gliscor or Lucario or Heracross

Does anybody have any suggestions for the undecided spots. Obviously I don't want Talonflame, Aerodactyl, and Gliscor together since they share flying type, or Infernape and Lucario. The real choice for me is bringing up a Chimchar or Cyndaquil from my Gen 4 games since that'll decide the rest. Talonflame will mainly be used for transportation with Fly. I know people always rave about how great Blaziken and Mega Blaziken are but I'm trying to build a team with pokemon I've never really used before.
    1) Pikachu vs Heliolisk
    Well this is a pickle. Both need certain situations to be considered.

Pikachu needs Light Ball to become a mainstay. On the other hand, it seems those things are quite rare (supposedly). But if you do get one, you have yourself a power house. I kept mine as a Pikachu even now, as in the non-competitive scene my Pikachu is the strongest in the offense department: with his Attack and Special Attack doubled, his attacks are stronger than those of my fully evolved Pokémon.

Heliolisk requires weather to fully utilize his abilities. If he functions in one that his ability supports, he'll have more options to work with. On the other hand, your team doesn't seem to work well with weather, so that will be a minus.

My opinion, go Pikachu.

2) Typhlosion vs Infernape vs Talonflame

You'll be waiting for a long-time for the first two, so I really don't suggest them yet. Talonflame will be a good Pokémon if you get the HA version, with it's always priority Flying-attacks. But at this point it's no contest, any Talonflame or nothing.

3) Tyrantrum vs Aerodactyl

I haven't seen a decent Tyrantrum yet to be honest. One of my more recent fights had my Galvantula taking out a Tyrantrum with Thunder. Which it should resist.

Aerodactyl doesn't have much going for it either. It's shallow move-pool, and even less moves that can work with it's Mega Evolution ability makes it look definitely pale. It's like there's no reason to go Mega aside the stat boosts. Still, I think you would find more ways to work with Aerodactyl than Tyrantrum, which you may need to breed just to get some of his usable moves. And the stat boost from the Mega certainly helps it if you do decide to use it.

4) Gliscor vs Lucario vs Heracross

Gliscor, IMHO, is a very stable Pokémon that requires no Mega to be workable. If you have another Mega Pokémon in mind (I'm looking at Venusaur) then you'll be wanting to use Gliscor, as Lucario and Heracross current viability is in their ability to go Mega. Gliscor is a very wonderful staller, winning me many battles, sometimes just for the fact that it is very, very annoying. If you need a defensive pivot and a harassment-attrition type Pokémon, this is your bug.

Lucario and Heracross are offensive Pokémon. Heracross has went down in previous generations because of it's speed letdown, and I think it should only be considered if it goes Mega. If it does, however, it will sport a dominating 185 attack with 5 x 15 = 75 STAB Arm Thrust, 5 x 25 = 125 STAB Pin Missile, a 5 x 25 = 125 Bullet Seed, and if bred into it, a 5 x 25 = 125 Rock Blast. But since it loses it's staple Choice Scarf to keep it's speed relevant, it will need support to be able to do an effective sweep.

Lucario is still a powerful Pokémon without going Mega, but it will definitely appreciate it's Mega ability. It will now have a stronger Bullet Punch than Scizor and a much more devastating Close Combat.

My decision, it's a toss up. Depends on what your team needs. Gliscor and Lucario are safe choices, but don't put out Mega Heracross that fast.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAlex View Post
    This will be my final team once Deino evolves... this should give good coverage across all of the types:

Gardevoir
    Gengar
    Hydreigon
    Charizard
    Tyranitar
    Lucario

Find a weakness... I dare you!
    Two Dark-types, two Dragon-types if Charizard is Mega X, and a Fighting-type, all spell "beware of Fairies!" Gengar will only protect you for so long before it falls.

Another X and Y Wifi Team

Klefki
    Item: Leftover
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP/ 128 Defense/ 128 Special Defense
    Moveset:
    Swagger
    Thunder Wave
    Foul Play
    Substitute

A real annoying Pokemon, but it really requires luck.

Clawitzer
    Item: Assult Vest
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Mega Launcher
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Special Attack/ 4 Defense
    Moveset:
    Water Pulse
    Dragon Pulse
    Aura Sphere
    Dark Pulse

This Pokemon has really high Special Attack and take advantage from Mega Launcher, however its Speed is slow, so it need Assult Vest to deal with Special Attacker

Mawile
    Item: Mawilite
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 HP/ 4 HP
    Moveset:
    Sword Dance
    Sucker Punch
    Play Rough
    Iron Head

Mawile is stronger after X and Y due to its typing and Mega Evolution. I am not sure should I replace Sword Dance or not though.

The reason I am creating a new Wifi battle team as the old Wifi Battle Team completely loss to Diggersby after Talonflame got knocked out. I really need suggestion with this team, so all advice is appreciated.

Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast