Naive
    Compound Eyes
    -Draining Kiss
    -Bug Buzz
    -Stun Spore
    -Psybeam

I got them both for xmas but I haven't started X yet but this is my Y team:

Chesnaught- My starter.
    Greninja- Got by trade for a male Sylveon (my sylveon is female)
    Delphox- Also got by trade for a Charmander.
    Sylveon- took a while to evolve with amie so worth it, love her! I never knew i would like fairy types so much now. Dazzling gleam is a epic move.
    Heliolisk- Cool Pokemon though can't take hits as well as the others but helped me destroy the electric gym...
    Pangoro- He defeats foes like a boss!
    I love every Pokemon!

Hey everyone, I hope everybody is enjoying X and Y

So, I'm just now starting to work on my competitive team as my pokedex progress is slowing, awaiting the US release of PokeBank, whenever that comes. Currently, my team is the following:

Aegislash
    Brave natured
    Leftovers
    +252 Atk +252 Def +4 HP
    Moves: Shadow Sneak
    King's Shield
    Iron Head
    Swords Dance

Tyranitar
    Adamant natured - Sand Stream
    Tyranitarite
    +252 Atk +126 Def +126 SpDef
    Moves: Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Crunch
    Screech, but going to get Rock Polish TM

Noivern
    Modest natured - Frisk
    Getting the Life Orb
    +252 SpAtk +252 Speed
    Moves: Draco Meteor
    Boomburst
    Hurricane
    Roost

This is all I have so far. I was going to use Mega Gengar and Blaziken, but according to Smogon, they're banned from OU. I am thinking of adding in Ferrothorn if I can. Any advice on what to add? All suggestions would be super appreciated

Sooo. I got X a while ago (After Y) and to be honest, Tyrunt, Farfetch'd, Delphox and Diggersby REALLY disappointed me. I liked Lucario and Blastoise, but that didn't surprise me. On Y I used Greninja, Aurourus, Florges, Talonflame, Ageislash, and 1 other that I can't remember :S

I enjoyed Y a hell of a lot more. I'll probably use more obscure Mons on my playthrough of "Z" or the eventual "Third" game or Sequel.
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:

Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Well I'm noob to poekmon X and Y
    I haven't played since platinum. I loved garchomp from the moment I saw a gibble
    So naturally I've got one of them.
    Here's my team:
    Garchomp
    Charazard
    Pincer
    Togekiss
    Aerodactyl
    and
    Crawdaunt

Oh and if anyone wants to add me :3
    I want your friend safaris >.o

So lemme yak about my Y team now that I have the game.

Delphox: I've been hearing a lot of mixed opinions of this thing. Bear in mind I have yet to complete the game (on my way to the seventh Gym), but except for its ability to take physical hits (his Rash nature doesn't help much), it's really come through for me when I need an ace in the hole.

Florges: Not gonna lie, this thing was a bit of a load. But now that it has Moonblast, its usefulness can only increase, especially since I'm giving it Calm Mind once I beat Olympia. Though once I realized Petal Blizzard was a physical move, I started to have doubts. May replace it in the postgame, though I don't know with what.

Blastoise/Mega Blastoise: A solid team member, but I kind of depend on that Blastoisinite for it to function, since it uses Water Pulse instead of the traditional Surf.

Heliolisk: Everything you need in an Electric-type. Fast, strong, moves that make it work.

Tyrantrum: It still has Rock Tomb and Bulldoze holding it back somewhat. But whatever, Strong Jaw turns Crunch into a third STAB. Still undecided on Rock Slide for safety or Stone Edge (or even Head Smash) for power.

Hawlucha: By far my favorite team member. I never got tired of Flying Press's animation, but there were times when the move's added Flying-type hindered Hawlucha's usefulness rather than helped it. It has High Jump Kick now, so barring the odd miss screwing me over, that should fail to be a problem.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Ok so far my team will consist of

Greninja
    Blaziken
    Venasuar
    Aegislash
    Sylveon

I want to add a Dragon type. So I am debating between Goodra or Noivern. On one end Goodra is so cute, is a freaking pseudo legendary and I really want to use one, on another end Noivern is part Flying and my team could really benefit from a flyer(Just imagine all the sky battles I had to skip during the game lol).

So what do you all think?
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 4th January 2014 at 3:36 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

So far I've got..

(M) Quilladin [Guardian]
    (F) Kirlia [Ophani]
    (M) Wartortle [Pressure]

But i'm hoping for..

Chesnaught
    Gardevoir (Mega)
    Blastoise (Mega)
    Goodra
    Gengar (Mega)
    Bisharp

I don't really like using pokemon with the same types
    "'Youth is both a lie, and a form of evil. Those that glorify that youth are only fooling themselves and those around them, and believe that their surroundings always affirm their actions. By using the word youth they twist and distort common sense and anything logical. For them lies, secrets, sins, and failures do nothing add spice to their youth.'" - Hikigaya Haciman, Oregaiu

Since I started over in X..

Almost beat the game now, but here's what I have:

Chestnaught
    Mega Charizard X
    Scolipede
    Heliolisk
    Sylveon
    Golurk

I pretty much ad libbed this team and the team simply fell into place as I progressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I finished the game and my team was...

Delphox
    Pyroar (female)
    Florges
    Dragalge
    Meowstick (female)
    Goodra

Pretty like this team even if it has a bad coverage... Fire, Psychic, Dragon moves are something I used during Aaaaaall my journey, but I made it !
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

I completed the game with;

Blastoise
    Snorlax
    Beartic
    Pangoro
    Haxorus
    Raichu
    FC: 5429-8397-9509
    Drop me a message so I can exchange the gesture

Shiny Count: 1

I completed the game with:
    Charizard
    Sylveon
    Aegislash
    Heliolisk
    Gallade
    Greninja

I just finished breeding 2 perfect Pokémon from every egg group! So now I am ready to breed perfect Pokémon of any sort as soon as PokéBank is released.
    I have breed and prepared a team of 6 Blissey at Lv 100, all with Healing Wish as their only move in hopes that the Secret Base mechanics stays the same as in RSE. If so, then it would be a great place to EV train HP and an even better place to gain exp for your team.

Nintendo 3DS friend-code for Pokémon Y: 4570-7229-7578
    Nintendo 3DS friend-code for Pokémon X: 0104-0371-0173

The 3DS with Pokémon Y is my main game! Please add both, but if you'd prefer to only add one, please add Pokémon Y.

My Pokémon Y FS is Poison with Garbodor, Drapion and Kakuna.
    My Pokémon X FS is Psychic with Munna, Wobbuffet and Duosion.

I swap my team up before every battle, got loads of IV'd pokemon, however when I first beat the elite 4 (way back when I only had 16 hours play time) I was running this:
    Charizard Y
    Chesnaught
    Lucario
    Lapras (HM slave)
    Yveltal
    Doublade

I know, I beat it with almost all gifted pokemon, if you don't count the legendary, the only non-gift was doublade.
    #HoennHype

Quote Originally Posted by Harty4United View Post
    I completed the game with;

Blastoise
    Snorlax
    Beartic
    Pangoro
    Haxorus
    Raichu
    DA BEARS !! Just need an Ursaring.
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Y Fc

Im trying to do some silly things with a team of pokemon I think are cool.
    Special wall Cryogonal (screens, recover, ground immunity) or Mr. Mime (screens, can be offensive, interesting move pool)
    Physical wall Bastiodon (sturdy and some offensive power) or Tangrowth (has a freeky good move pool to regen and stall)
    Special sweeper Yanmega (speed boost and move pool)
    Physical sweeper Medicham (mega and move pool) or Escavalier (interesting move pool and can work in trick room team)
    Utility Reuinclus (screens, recover, trick room) or Cabink (trade regen for hazard redundancy)\
    Entry support Forretress (best in the game) or Tentacruel (unexpected toxic spikes and rapid spin, Hex combos)

Idea or suggestions?
    note: I'm trying to use pokemon that are NOT COMMON
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

completed the game with

Protean Kecleon with a black belt
    Power-up Punch
    Psybeam
    Sucker Punch
    Shadow Claw

Flame Body Talonflame not holding any item except a macho brace for training
    Fly
    Acrobatics
    Overheat
    Flare Blitz

Intimidate Luxray holding a magnet
    Crunch
    Facade
    Thunderbolt
    Wild Charge

Damp Golduck holding a mystic water
    Hydro Pump
    Zen Headbutt
    Psychic
    Waterfall

Snow Cloak Beartic with a never-melt ice
    Ice Beam
    Icicle Crash
    Thrash
    Surf

Sturdy Donphan holding leftovers
    Giga Impact
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Strength

Noticing a huge disadvantage in online competitive battle, so I'm looking to re-arrange move pools.

Kecleon's sp at is much lower than it's attack, but having at least one sp at and the option to use a psychic attack with Protean always seemed a good idea. Or is it? A hold item to let it move first would also be an option, for now I'm trying to make up for the lack in damage that first Power-up Punch delivers. It's only any good if it's super effective or if Kecleon has gained momentum with it.

I didn't like the idea of Talonflame having 2 attacks with recoil damage, so I figured Acrobatics with no holding item does the trick, in stead of Brave Bird?

Luxray 's Facade would be replaced with Return and I'm not the lookout for better options to replace Crunch. I picked accuracy over power with Thunderbolt in stead of Thunder and Wild Charge as a last resort/sweeping move because of recoil damage.

Golduck has the messiest move pool methinks. Hydro pump & Psychic were an obvious choice, with its sp at stats. Waterfall as an att with STAB and Zen Headbutt mostly because I have no inspiration for a better 4the move. maybe some sp att of another type than Water or Psychic?

Beartic basically has less than decent stats, so she's all over the place as well.

Donphan could do with Return in stead of Giga Impact, Rock Slide seemed like a good idea at the time, but I wouldn't miss it if I replaced it with a good special move and Strength is there for the effect outside of battle.

I'm not a good tactical player, I just like the game for the storyline and my favorite pokes, hence all the 100% offensive moves, but I'd very much appreciate tips that help me in the right direction. Because that doesn't mean I can't try and make the best out of this team.
    Last edited by carnevore; 7th January 2014 at 2:49 PM.
    Dream Team

Spoiler:- ign FC:

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    Im trying to do some silly things with a team of pokemon I think are cool.
    Special wall Cryogonal (screens, recover, ground immunity) or Mr. Mime (screens, can be offensive, interesting move pool)
    Physical wall Bastiodon (sturdy and some offensive power) or Tangrowth (has a freeky good move pool to regen and stall)
    Special sweeper Yanmega (speed boost and move pool)
    Physical sweeper Medicham (mega and move pool) or Escavalier (interesting move pool and can work in trick room team)
    Utility Reuinclus (screens, recover, trick room) or Cabink (trade regen for hazard redundancy)\
    Entry support Forretress (best in the game) or Tentacruel (unexpected toxic spikes and rapid spin, Hex combos)

Idea or suggestions?
    note: I'm trying to use pokemon that are NOT COMMON
    A few pokemon I'm crazy on at the moment is Ursaring w/ toxic orb qwik feet or guts w/ facade.

Roserade as a Venoshock user after spikes. Very qwik and powerful.

Compound eyes Galvantula.

Huntail or Armaldo for baton passing.

My recently used favorites were a calm Ninetales it could handle alot with it's SpD , Carracosta #1 , Aerodactyl , head smash Aggron , Toxic spikes & Stealth rock Nidoqueen. Some are popular but they alot of fun.
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Y Fc

Just out of curiosity, if you've used Aurorus in a playthrough, how was it? Because I'm contemplating it for my X team, but that big Fighting weakness is a serious red flag, and I want to know if that affected anyone's use of it.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

I'm currently running these teams.

Pokemon X - Greninja, Shiny Mr. Mime, Pangoro, Shiny Raichu, Talonflame, and Venusaur.

Pokemon Y - Chesnaught, Sylveon, Aerodactyl, Vivillion, Pyroar (Lioness), Blastoise

I am working my way slowly through both and have max affection on both teams. Currently trying to use the Madura method for Shinies but having no luck. Guess I used it all up on the two random Y encounters.

Feel free to message me to trade friend codes! Can't wait for the Friend Safari!
    Heath-beauxtithe - 4656-6712-0285: Normal Type—Lillipup, , &

Pokemon X Shinies:

Pokemon Y Shinies:

So I'm trying to do a Mono Water team and a Mono Flying team and this is what i have for each:

Water: Flying:
    Blastoise (Mega) Aerodactyl (Mega)
    Greninja Noivern
    Gorebyss Talonflame
    Swampert Alteria
    Relicanth Togekiss
    ???????? ??????????

I'm not sure who to put last for my teams
    On punishment wont be on till off, sorry!!!!
    FC: 3179-7235-3277. FS: Poison. Pokemon In Fs:Kakuna, Swalot and Whirlipede
    I've claimed the blaring Noivern.
    Looking For: Pinsir, Nuzleaf, Vullaby, Pachirisu, Clefairy, Mankey, Throh, Sawk,, Rufflet, Sawsbuck, Toxicroak, and Munna,

Looking For a League to Join. Please pm if you are looking for leaders

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtDeViL609 View Post
    So I'm trying to do a Mono Water team and a Mono Flying team and this is what i have for each:

Greninja Noivern
    Gorebyss Talonflame
    Swampert Alteria
    Relicanth Togekiss
    ???????? ??????????

How about Ludicolo, Azumarill, or Gyarados for Water, and Drifblim, Vivillon, or Gyarados (again) for Flying?
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 9th January 2014 at 3:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtDeViL609 View Post

Greninja Noivern
    Gorebyss Talonflame
    Swampert Alteria
    Relicanth Togekiss
    ???????? ??????????

maybe you should have a water type, hmm barbaracle or clawitzer?

While I've seen a lot of good strategies for a Heliolisk with either Solar Power or Dry Skin, I was wondering what a good moveset be for one with Sand Veil as its ability? I'm still trying to look for one with Dry Skin regardless, but just in case I can't find a good one I'm trying to come up with a good strategy for my Sand Veil Helioptile. Right now, this is one movest I've been thinking of after seeing ones for Dry Skin & Solar Power:

Heliolisk @Life Orb/Smooth Rock/Ability Capsule
    Ability-Sand Veil
    Moves:
    * Parabolic Charge/Thunderbolt
    * Sandstorm
    * Surf/Grass Knot/HP Ice
    * Razor Wind/Eerie Impulse/Electrify/Hyper Beam (due to evasion boost)/Flash/Double Team/Charge Beam
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 11th January 2014 at 7:49 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

My team for Y before the elite four is
    Greninja (F) - 58
    Charizard (F) - 60
    Lucario (M) - 58
    Yveltal - 57
    Gengar (M) - 59

Need one more option preferably to deal with the water elite four
    http://goo.gl/5BTh0 < League referal

Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast