Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Fennekin- I'm actually surprised that I may end up using her. I started out as a big Chespin fan, but after I saw Quilladin, I realized it's probably going to be bulky. I think I'm probably going to find a better grass type. Now I'm not 100% set on using Fennekin all the way through, but it will fill a fire role quite nicely, since I usually lack fire types on my teams anyways. Though I'm not so sure if it's going to be a problem if she takes up the psychic type, but I'm sure I could just use her for my fire type. I don't really like a lot of the early route Pokemon, to be honest.

Vivillon- This one is a big maybe. I know that she comes early, which will be useful. May have her replace my starter, maybe not. It all depends on the playthrough really.

Khangaskhan- I'm assuming that she's in-game because she has a mega. I want to use one because 1.) it's a Pokemon that I've never used, but always wanted to, and 2.) her mega-lution is awesome.

Dedenne- One of the only Pokemon that I'm 100% sure that I'm going to catch and train. I have trouble finding electric types that I like for some reason, and I loved Dedenne at first sight. Not only that, but fairy type. I would love the little critter to be my first fairy.

Meowstic- I'm probably going to use the female because I find the appearance more attractive, and I prefer a more offensive approach during play throughs. This one is almost guaranteed.

Skrelp- I'm interested in the little guy. I want him to show his chops on my team. I could see myself finding a better water type down the line, but for now, I certainly have no qualms with him being my water filler.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I'm planning a Fairy/Psychic team. I need to know what's in the game, when they appear, and what's getting a Fairy type in order to make a team. So far I know I'm using Fennekin (if the final evolution is Psychic.) I haven't decided on the rest yet.

Team thus far

Delphox
    Meowstic
    Florges
    Gardevoir
    Gallade
    Azumarill

Back ups

Goodra
    Slurpuff
    Sylveon
    Espeon
    Pyroar
    Venusaur
    Aroumus
    Dedenne
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 7th October 2013 at 7:57 AM.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

It's tough to decide without seeing all the Pokémon, but I'm planning on Froakie, Helioptile, Flabebe, and Skrelp so far. If I had to pick from the currently revealed Pokémon, Amaura and Meowstic would round out the team. Malimar and Pyroar are Pokémon I'd consider rotating in though.

I tend to pick the water starter first, and the second stage convinced me that Froakie will be a pretty good choice. I also want to try a Fairy Type, but I don't like Dedenne, Spritzee, or Sylveon, so that narrows it down to Xerneas, Swirlix and Flabebe. I'm getting Y, so that just leaves Flabebe. I also really liked Skrelp from the moment it was revealed (although I originally was going to start with Fennekin so it wouldn't have been a redundant type). Helioptile could get dropped, but I tend to pick Electric over Grass for countering opposing water types. I want a Psychic Pokémon, and actually like both Meowstic and Malimar pretty well. I'll probably use the one you can catch sooner. My friend is picking Tyrunt, so I agreed to take Amaura, but I do like Ice Types a lot, I'm just worried it might be really slow and the two 4x weaknesses could cause it problems.
    Sapphire Scramble Challenge completed.
    Now taking Pearl Challenge Final Team:
    Luminion Torterra Bastiodon Rapidash Carnivine Luxray

Froakie - I always end up preferring the water starters and that isn't changing now.

Oorotto - I love its design even though the poor thing doesn't have a proper name yet and I'm assuming it's a grass type.

Talonflame - I need a flyer and it also gives me access to fire type moves.

Malamar - Excellent design, interesting typing just keep it away from bugs.

Helioptile - Hopefully it evolves into something good, be a very handy electric type.

Aurorus - Just to give the team a bit of class, a graceful looking ice type that'll gain stabs from body slam and stomp can do a lot of damage.

This is a tough one since there are so many cool looking ones but it would have to be:
    Froakie
    Noivern
    Pangoro
    Tyrantrum
    GoGoat
    PyRoar

These ones look so awesome in my opinion and I'm guaranteed getting these, not sure if they will be on the team though when the games come out but for now this would have to be my squad
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-8252-4249
    Add me and then PM me so I can add you. Looking for anybody who is getting "Y"

I know that I will be choosing Gogoat in my first game. But, I don't really like any of the water-types shown so far.
    I'll edit this later.

So far under consideration

Frogadier
    Tyrantrum
    Noivern
    Pangoro
    Helioptile
    Skrelp
    Malamar
    Talonflame
    Oorotto
    Charmander

Of course it depends on the evolutions that are yet to come. But already 9 candidates, and not even all pokemon are revealed.

Anyone know if the Johto starters will be available in game before you face the E4? If so Totodile will be 100% on my team.
    Anyo

I've just recently become a fan of using only the starter for the entirety of the storyline and elite four. Using just Samurott for my Black2 play through (used Snivy with a normal team in Black1), I taught him Return, and between Water and Normal attacks, I had perfect neutral coverage for every Poke type.

For my first play through in X/Y, I've already decided on Fennekin, but I've been thinking about doing a starter-only play through with him. Between Fire and Psychic, I'll have perfect neutral coverage, and with the way I always grind, my starter will be at least 15 levels above the opponents' Pokemon.

I'll probably use Charizard as well, if only to use Fly
    Last edited by Ulicies; 1st October 2013 at 2:42 AM.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

To complete my Pokedex collection, I need: Genosect, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Phione. If anyone would be willing to trade, I don't have an impressive collection to offer, but I would very much appreciate it! Please PM!

The Pokémon I'm thinking of using right now would probably Chespin, Amaura, Fletchling, Swirlix, and Furfrou. Although I did prefer Fennekin at first, Chespin has grown on me a lot. Plus Quilladin looks like it'll be bulky which might help me later on. Amaura just looks cool to me, plus it has an awesome ability. Talonflame has one of my favorite designs of Gen VI, so I might as well use it. Swirlix is just adorable. Furfrou's normal form looks pretty cool to me, and I hope that it gets a better looking coat than the ones that were shown.

This is my tentative team:

Fennekin
    Squirtle
    Mawile
    Tyrunt
    Pancham
    undecided Electric type

This team is probably going to need retooling because of multiple Mega evolutions and no Electric type, but IDK what else to use here. All I know is I want the following:

-Diverse team of Pokemon
    -A Fairy type
    -A Mega Evolution
    -A speedy Electric type
    -Poison type preferable (I didn't use Skrelp because I don't want to double up on Water types)

Problem is that some of the Pokemon revealed don't really fit this. We don't know any Poison types aside from Skrelp (I might use an older one if the new ones don't impress me), and none of the revealed Electric types seem really speedy (Helioptile looks like it'll develop into a slower Electric type, Dedenne I probably won't use unless it evolves, and MegaAmpharos doesn't seem any faster and I already have a Mega evolution and a Dragon type, so that doesn't really benefit my team). So I guess I'm stuck playing the waiting game before I can make any changes to my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Meh, I might just pick Squirtle and use that as my water-type. I mean, it gets a Mega Evolution.
    I'll edit this later.

Here is my work in progress - Normally have a team of around 7-10 that i will finish the game with

Froakie - Water is my favourite type and froakie's evo line is looking amazing so far! Lets hope it don't disappoint. Only ever used a non water starter twice and that was my 1st ever play through and the hoenn games as i didnt like mudkip.
    Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander - I normally only use that gens Pokemon so im in 2 minds if i should use 1 of these or not? Squirtle is my Favourite pokemon but i will already have a water type, charmander will deal with my rival (if there is one) but i have never done a play through with bulbasaur so might choose him.
    Flitchling - Fly slave + fire coverage if i dont take charmander/get a litleo early on
    Sylveon - Got to have the new type in my team and no better way that to have an eeveelution! (Love these guys)
    Tyrunt - Really like both fossil pokemon this gen, Tyrunt is just in front but i could chance my mind!
    Scatterbug - Early bug pokemon
    Litleo - for some reason pyroar male really reminds me leomon from digemon,
    Pancham - Looks a beast when evolved

Half of them no doubt wont make the team once we get the full Dex
    Original Teams
    Red -
    Gold -
    Emerald -
    Diamond -
    Black -

Not sure if anyone else saw that leaked picture of Braixen's supposed evolution. (well of it evolving, you don't actually see the evo, but an outline of it)

If it's legit, it looks like Braixen's evolution will ride on it's broomstick. Not sure how I feel about this yet..

I just hope Elekid is in the kalos pokedex.
    Electivire is probably my favourite Pokemon of all time (tied with a few others) and it would be awesome to have him on my in game team!

Anyone Thought Of Making A Team Of One Pokemon From Each Gen Post Game?
    Just For Fun.
    3DSXL FC: 2552-1613-8090
    Friend Safari: Electric

STARTERS
    CHESPIN, QUILLADIN, CHESNAUGHT
    IF EVERY WORD IS CAPITALIZED, I'M SORRY, IT'S MY PHONE :/

I was thinking

chespin
    pancham ( reconsidering since he now has a x4 weakness to fairy plus he's been easily pwned in all fights we've seen him in)
    slyveon
    charmander ( not sure since i've raised chamander a dozen times )
    tyrunt
    clauncler

does that team sound well balanced?
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Firefly View Post
    Just For Fun.
    Yeah that's how I usually do things, my team on Black is one from each but two from Gen 3. Gets harder and harder to choose.

Just For Fun.
    Oooohhh I like this... I'll give it a try:
    Gengar
    Kingdra
    Blaziken
    Mamoswine
    Hydreigon
    Sylveon???
    White 2 FC: 3740 9108 6010

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Yeah that's how I usually do things, my team on Black is one from each but two from Gen 3. Gets harder and harder to choose.
    I know. I'm still waiting for the final Dex but it still might take me a minute to think of a team. Too many favorites from each Gen!

Edit: Only got a slight headache trying to think of the team. Still a little iffy.
    GEN I:
    GEN II:
    GEN III:
    GEN IV:
    GEN V:
    GEN VI: ???
    Last edited by Phantom Firefly; 1st October 2013 at 5:02 AM.

STARTERS

Thats a nice little idea!

Charizard
    Tyranitar
    Blaziken
    Electivire
    Galvantula/Haxorus
    Pangoro

Just For Fun.
    Nah, I think I'll just stick with mostly Kalos Pokemon. Maybe in a future playthrough, though~
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Just For Fun.
    Gen I: Venusaur
    Gen II: Donphan
    Gen III: Metagross
    Gen IV: Togekiss
    Gen V: Galvantula
    Gen VI: Frogadier's evolution(I refuse to accept Greninja until it's confirmed)
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by Icepath View Post
    Nah, I think I'll just stick with mostly Kalos Pokemon. Maybe in a future playthrough, though~
    Yeah it's just a fun little topic for everyone.
    Last edited by Phantom Firefly; 1st October 2013 at 4:59 AM.

STARTERS

Based on what I've seen so far, I guess I'll have:

Fennekin/Braixen: The other Fire-types don't spark up much of an interest for me. At first, Chespin took the cake, but after a bit of debating, I thought Fennekin would be a better choice (I favor Fire-types above all else anyway). Just for now, it's Fennekin.

Honedge/Doublade: This guy is probably the second Ghost-type I've actually gotten into, the first being Dusknoir. Anyhow, I see him as an all-out Offensive sweeper, and by the looks of it, his diverse movepool is really shaping him up to be an efficient counter. Honedge will definitely be in my team for Gen. VI.

Tyrunt/Tyrantrum: This. This has to be the most phenomenal fossil design I've seen so far. I've been wishing for a T-Rex fossil for a while now, and my wish has been answered. Unique Rock/Dragon typing can counter Ice-types, depending on how much Ice-types get a buff this gen. Even so, Tyrunt/Tyrantrum is a most for me team now.

Bunnelby: This guy has so much potential for being a Ground-type, seeing as how it's literally the "Digging Pokemon". To hell with me if it maintains Normal. Even so, I have faith in this little guy.

Helioptile: Must be a Fire/Electric. "Nuff said.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

My team for Y as of now.
    Fennekin
    Spritzee
    Amaura
    Pancham
    Inkay
    Meowstic

Not a very strategic team I know (3 probable Psychic types and Two Dark, plus a fairly obvious glass cannon) but since this is my return to Pokemon after sitting out Gens 4 and 5, I'm going with my aesthetic choices as I get used to the various aspects of gameplay that have come into effect since then. (Holding out hope Spritzee's evo is part Poison, so I have some Fairy Fighting power)

I do want to catch and train somewhat all Gen 6 pokemon as I can during the game, but other than Mawile, Sableye, Dunsparce and the Bulbasaur I'll get, other gens will be caught post-game to complete the Dex challenge.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/29w0sad.jpg[/IMG]
    Hopes for Megas

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2u4iudy.jpg[/IMG]

Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast