Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Origins

I hate the begining of Giovina because it doesn't have any pacing at all. What I mean by this is that after introducting Blue/Green again they cut to them running away from Team Rocket. Really it shows us that it has no time to show us what happen in the next few minutes of them meeting with the woman and then running away from Team Rocket.

^Well it is a 4-part miniseries...

I have had the privilege of watching Pokemon: Origins in it's entire 4 episode entirety the other day, and I have to say, compared to the 1st Season. Pokkemon Origins blows it completely out of the water.. A few thoughts...

1. I do think they could have focused on at least another gym battle or 2 at least..

2. Something tells me the reason they focused on the actions of Team Rocket in Lavendar Town & Saffron City was sort of to make up for their portrayal in the main anime, where they didn't have a huge presence outside of Jessie, James & Meowth.. We can count the whole thing with Mewtwo & St. Anne, but...

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

Damn. The quality of animation in these specials makes the main anime and its two-frames-per-second
    battle scenes look like garbage.

All in all, this was a really enjoyable mini-series. Charizard was just plain awesome and I absolutely
    loved how they portrayed Brock and Giovanni.

Also a supporter of:
    ***** Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping *****
    Banner by me

The music used in Origins KICKS SOO MUCH A**!
    I love it when they do remixes of old game music
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

Gotta say I really enjoyed Origins. It was a little short and fast paced but what can you expect with only 4 episodes. The characters and battles were all amazing. I kinda hope that they will make more specials like this for either red or the other game counterparts like Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, extc.
    3DS FC: 3711-7165-2684
    Normal type safari:

Message me if you want to battle

Currently seeking: level 1 male Modest , level 1 male Moxie ability that knows Zen Headbutt & Ice Punch, any pokemon with good egg moves and stats, shinies, ev trained pokemon

Offering: Pokerus, Froakie, Chespin, Fennekin, Tyrunt, Amaura, other pokemon, Blastoisinite, Gardevoirite, Venusaurite

I've watched the first two episodes thus far, and while I enjoyed them, particularly the second, I wasn't extremely impressed. I'm not too fond of the animation and the limited portrayal of the games' events is irksome. I am looking forward to seeing how the Mewtwo battle plays out. Plus, the remixes of game tracks are helping to keep my attention.

I finished watching Pokemon Origins and it was great.

I had watched Origins recently and I must say I was very impressed.Cubone and Marowak's story was particularly touching.I wanted to see more of Red's Gym and Elite 4 battles though.Hope if they make another mini-series like this,it won't be as rushed as Origins are.

My god. They did it...

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Just got around to watching this series finally, even though I'm several months late.

Pros:
    -Great music and animation
    -Battles were a bit rushed, but enjoyable to watch. The pokemon actually moved like actual animals, something the main series lacks.
    -Darker storyline was a nice change of pace. I like how they portrayed Lavender town and the Cubone/Marowak story and a darker, more malicious Team Rocket was good.
    -Red shows good character development, even in only four episodes. He starts off immature and inexperienced, but then learns from his mistakes and becomes a very talented battler in the end.
    -Nostalgia (of course) I like that they used exact quotes from the game. Even Blue's speech at the elite four was the exact same as in the game. Plus the white hand quote was great.

Cons
    -Rushed. Way, way too rushed. I wish they would have extended this beyond four episodes and actually showed the gym leader and elite four battles. I also would have liked to see Red build relationships with more of his pokemon than just Charizard.

-This anime STILL does not follow type weaknesses very well. Red obviously understands type differences based on his pokemon choices against the elite four, yet the anime still has Charizard/Charmander beating pokemon that he honestly should stand no chance against, like Onyx, Rhydon and Blastoise. If you started with Charizard, you would never beat your rival's Blastoise in the game 1v1 like that (unless there was a huge level gap). I also don't get how one fire blast from Charizard would take down 3/4's of Blastoise's health, when megapunch barely did anything at all. It doesn't make sense.

-Building on the last point, Red relies on Charizard too much. Maybe I wanted to see his Jolteon or Persian win a battle instead for once. I love Charizard, but it was a bit excessive.

-The voices were honestly kind've annoying, in both the sub and dub. I actually could not stand the sub... Red had this extremely pitchy voice and Blue/Green had a voice that makes him sound like he is 18+. I didn't exactly love either voices in the dub either, but they were still better than the sub (which is rare for me to say, the main series is much much better in sub).

Overall: 7/10. I enjoyed it quite a bit, even if it is just the nostalgia goggles blinding me. I wish there were more episodes to spread it out a bit, but it was a very enjoyable watch. It's too bad they don't have any plans to make more of these for latter generations/games.

*Warning: A Well Deserved Positive Review of This Incoming*

Let me just start by saying this is hands down the best I've seen Pokemon in Animated Form in a long time: I was so surprised as how good this was, really, and the English dub was actually pretty good, too. Shame the main anime's dub can't go to whoever dubbed this into English (I suspect Viz Media, and if not, must've been NYAV Post), and shame the main anime in its present condition completely lacks the depth in its characters these days that Red demonstrated in Files 2 as well as 3, and how deep Giovanni was in this compared to how his anime counterpart has been post the OS, among others (the only other time I've liked Giovanni in the main anime is BW, but I digress).

What I really appreciate about this wasn't the 2nd half of File 4-- that I will readily admit was the worst part and I hated the shameless Gen VI pandering with Mega Zard X-- that said, even then, it's better than most episodes of the XY Anime have been. I appreciated that our main protagonist, Red, had a set start to his journey and an end to it (even when he said he was going to get Mew and more Pokemon at the end, at least he won the Pokemon League and we felt like we had a solid ending to his tale), actually had a lot of emotion throughout the special: especially in Files 2 and 3 where Red got so upset at what TR was doing, forced Blue against the wall and told him he's not a real trainer if he's willing to abandon Pokemon to TR like that in lieu of just getting badges instead: this is the series I've been missing for so long from the main Pokemon Anime.

Granted it had a few more problems like the pacing, but this is easily better than how the Pokemon Anime is these days, IMO. I look forward to seeing more specials like this in the future as well-- nice to see a journey that starts and ends with the main protagonist rather than seeming endless with 800+ episodes, with characters that don't completely lose their depth altogether as time passes, and aren't replaced constantly every 3-4 years with others while we still have the same protagonist and villains...that says a lot there.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th March 2014 at 3:48 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I thought Origin was pretty good. My favorite was the first episode. There were things that bothered me though, especially Charizard mega evolving. I don't recall that being a thing until X and Y. lol But I can get past it. I know it was just to promote how awesome it is. :P

Anyway, my buddy and I had a battle featuring Red's Origin hall of fame team against Bruno's team. It was pretty fun. check it out if it interests you. :3

Is this movie coming out on DVD just asking or anything
    Sinnoh champion
    Freind code 4742-6459-2262
    My team for pokemon y

First shiny caught

Apparently it came out in December in Japan. I totally missed it. Dunno about the ENG version.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/pocket...0-en/info.html

http://www.yesasia.com/global/pocket...0-en/info.html

Yup I'm weird.
    Credit: ico

Giovanni taking out Red's entire team with a Rhyhorn was really silly. C'mon now. It at least should have been a Nidoking or something.

I started watching it yesterday. I've watched half of it so far.
    Is Red voiced by the same person as Kirito? And that one girl in Lavender Town sounds like Asuna...
    [16/Dec/2014] It's Porygon day today! If you get a Porygon from Wonder Trade over the next few days, it was most likely from me.

16th December 1997: Always remember, never forget.
    Always remember when the Pokémon anime was almost cancelled, but never forget that those two were in the anime, if only briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Star View Post
    Is Red voiced by the same person as Kirito? And that one girl in Lavender Town sounds like Asuna...
    Yes Red is voiced by the same person as Kirito, don't know about the the girl though
    I have claimed

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Star View Post
    Bryce Panperbrook? Yes.

He's like everywhere in anime now. Johnny Yong Bosch (who voiced Brock here) has been dethroned.

Funny thing is, Pokémon Origins (I like to call it that sometimes okay) is the most game-close Pokémon anime yet (Pokémon Brotherhood!), and Sword Art Online takes place INSIDE a video game.
    [16/Dec/2014] It's Porygon day today! If you get a Porygon from Wonder Trade over the next few days, it was most likely from me.

Always remember when the Pokémon anime was almost cancelled, but never forget that those two were in the anime, if only briefly.

Best anime series ever. But nothing beats the classic Pokemon anime though.

Sword Art Online or Pokémon Origins?
    Just like I have the ability to derail any TLOZ discussion into an FMA discussion, I have now discovered that I can also derail any PO discussion into an SAO discussion.

I'll hopefully be finished with Origins by tomorrow.

They should have written much longer for the Pokémon origins. It looks like a speed run to me as they make just four episodes. In the future I hope they make some other episode parallel to other games such as gold/ silver, ruby/ sapphire, diamond/ pearl and so on. Other than that I support the idea of making this awesome episode.

So how did Charizard evolve with holding a Mega stone? In the main anime Pokemon have to hold it.
    Total Shinies 233

My DP Team

Quote Originally Posted by King Charizard View Post
    So how did Charizard evolve with holding a Mega stone? In the main anime Pokemon have to hold it.
    This was the Pokémon origins and most about the Red/ Blue in the old games. So mega stone was not supposed to be there.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast