Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Origins

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHARIZARD!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    The battles were at least more sensible and finished unlike the anime ones so I don't know why even you are complaining. The designs of this anime is aweful to me but the concept and everything else is great. If they were to do another special like this again, I hope Leaf, Yellow and the others get showcased. Hopefully the animation would be much better.
    Nooo, no no no no NO. This is my main problem here, people are just blinded by Red or what ever other awesome things in here. The battles weren't any different from DEM stuff you may encounter in the main anime. Red's Jolteon got one shotted by a THUNDERBOLT by RHYHORN, his Charizard turned a seemingly hopeless battle against an op Rhydon around with one Seismic Toss(stole that right from Ash lol), his Charmander did way more damage to Onix with Scratch that it could ever do in the games, which this is supposed to represent. Then we have all the skipping and Red relying on Charizard all the time. Not to mention using more Pokemon than the gym leader to win, people went crazy when Ash did it but I'm not seeing any complaints here.

The battle against Green was super rushed, even the Zard vs Blastoise matchup. There was no turning point in the battle, Blastoise just suddenly fainted from an attack.

People always complain about these exact same things when they occur in the main anime so I'm gonna be highly upset if this gets nothing but praise despite the flaws just because it has goddamn Red in it.

It's not the special itself I have a problem with, I enjoyed it for what it was. It's the blind Red fanboys and Ash/main anime haters that are gonna be a pain.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 2nd October 2013 at 6:14 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Funny how this Red has a Haunter that eventually became a Gengar, whereas Ash didn't even catch Haunter and just gave it away.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Funny how this Red has a Haunter that eventually became a Gengar, whereas Ash didn't even catch Haunter and just gave it away.
    Ash never 'caught it', he befriended it.

Looks real good, judging by the pictures. Red's team was a bit of a surprise - Charizard and Lapras I guessed but the rest were a bit of a surprise. I had hoped for Jolteon over Pikachu and thankfully we got it. I'm quite surprised that Nidoran got dropped instead of being evolved up to Nidoking though. Also Scyther, Dodrio and Persian seemed to come out of nowhere. It's have liked to have seen more of Rattata and Spearow. Haunter/Gengar was quite cool though. Articuno seemed a bit of a random thing to give him though, but then this is based more on the games.
    Did he really catch Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball? That was always a real pain to try and do.

Had to laugh at the way he battled Brock though - throwing out every one of your pokemon because you didn't choose the easy option of Bulbasaur or Squirtle and managing to just knock out that Onix - Been there!
    Last edited by Sprinter1988; 2nd October 2013 at 6:27 PM.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

where i can watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    Looks real good, judging by the pictures. Ash's team was a bit of a surprise - Charizard and Lapras I guessed but the rest were a bit of a surprise. I had hoped for Jolteon over Pikachu and thankfully we got it. I'm quite surprised that Nidoran got dropped instead of being evolved up to Nidoking though. Also Scyther, Dodrio and Persian seemed to come out of nowhere. It's have liked to have seen more of Rattata and Spearow. Haunter/Gengar was quite cool though. Articuno seemed a bit of a random thing to give him though, but then this is based more on the games.
    Did he really catch Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball? That was always a real pain to try and do.

Had to laugh at the way he battled Brock though - throwing out every one of your pokemon because you didn't choose the easy option of Bulbasaur or Squirtle and managing to just knock out that Onix - Been there!
    Dodrio kinda makes sense, it's statistically the best bird out of the games back then compared to Pidgeot and Fearow and is found last, Red was going a pretty competitive route. Persian seemed the most random to me, but then again in gen 1 its Slash always critical hits lolol.
    He pretty much discarded the weak Pokemon from the first routes.
    Also dunno if you typo'd or what but his name's Red.
    And obviously since this is the games Red caught all legendary Pokes too and would use them to battle something as strong as Mewtwo.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Dodrio kinda makes sense, it's statistically the best bird out of the games back then compared to Pidgeot and Fearow and is found last, Red was going a pretty competitive route. Persian seemed the most random to me, but then again in gen 1 its Slash always critical hits lolol.
    He pretty much discarded the weak Pokemon from the first routes.
    Also dunno if you typo'd or what but his name's Red.
    And obviously since this is the games Red caught all legendary Pokes too and would use them to battle something as strong as Mewtwo.
    Yeah, sorry - force of habit. I meant Red.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Nooo, no no no no NO. This is my main problem here, people are just blinded by Red or what ever other awesome things in here. The battles weren't any different from DEM stuff you may encounter in the main anime. Red's Jolteon got one shotted by a THUNDERBOLT by RHYHORN, his Charizard turned a seemingly hopeless battle against an op Rhydon around with one Seismic Toss(stole that right from Ash lol), his Charmander did way more damage to Onix with Scratch that it could ever do in the games, which this is supposed to represent. Then we have all the skipping and Red relying on Charizard all the time. Not to mention using more Pokemon than the gym leader to win, people went crazy when Ash did it but I'm not seeing any complaints here.

The battle against Green was super rushed, even the Zard vs Blastoise matchup. There was no turning point in the battle, Blastoise just suddenly fainted from an attack.

People always complain about these exact same things when they occur in the main anime so I'm gonna be highly upset if this gets nothing but praise despite the flaws just because it has goddamn Red in it.

It's not the special itself I have a problem with, I enjoyed it for what it was. It's the blind Red fanboys and Ash/main anime haters that are gonna be a pain.
    You, sir, are an intelligent person, battles in Origins aren't any different from main anime battles, people are just blinded because the guy is Red, but, basically, he could made his journey only relying on Charizard, the rest of his team was useless, even freaking Articuno (¬_¬).

I've never been a fan of the Charmander line, it was shoved down my throat on Original Series, it was shoved down my throat in Origins, and now with the brand new Black MegaCharizardMon, it will be even more shoved down my throat, the Squirtle line and the Bulbasaur line were totally screwed ... just like in the main anime.

Also ... they showcase TM's, MegaDigiEvolutions, but they don't showcase abilities?, Jolteon should just absorbed Rhyhorn's Thunderbolt, but yeah ... it's not Charizard, it was forbidden to shine

My favorite part of the special, definitely the Cubone part, all the story was narrated perfectly and the ghost looked awesome
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 2nd October 2013 at 6:30 PM.

You really didn't see this coming?

Finally watched the 4-episode Origin special. The battles weren't as great as I was expecting, but they sure had great animation. Asid from the Megaevolution spacial, the spacial kept many important aspects of the games. In my opinion This was an awesome special, it had great music and many nostalgic aspects from the games. MEGA CHARIZARD X Was Badass, I really loved it's Black and Blue design.
    Red was sending Pokémon without thinking in his and Brock's battle, but he was just a beginner trainer at the time.....so it made sense. It's interesting how Red's Charizard defeated Blue's Blastoise with Seismic Toss, it reminds me of the battle between Ash and Gary in the Johto league......where Ash's Charizard defeated Gary's Blastoise with Seismic Toss too.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    You really didn't see this coming?
    The Red favouritism is always present, but I wanted to wait til the thing actually airs to see if it is justified in this case. And I gotta say it honestly isn't. Even though like I said, I still enjoyed the special.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    Finally watched the 4-episode Origin special. The battles weren't as great as I was expecting, but they sure had great animation. Asid from the Megaevolution spacial, the spacial kept many important aspects of the games. In my opinion This was an awesome special, it had great music and many nostalgic aspects from the games. MEGA CHARIZARD X Was Badass, I really loved it's Black and Blue design.
    Red was sending Pokémon without thinking in his and Brock's battle, but he was just a beginner trainer at the time.....so it made sense. It's interesting how Red's Charizard defeated Blue's Blastoise with Seismic Toss, it reminds me of the battle between Ash and Gary in the Johto league......where Ash's Charizard defeated Gary's Blastoise with Seismic Toss too.
    He beat Giovanni's Rhydon with S-Toss, Blastoise fell to a Fire Blast.

I really don't like this speacial. The charater don't have any charaters to them to make them memberable. The battle were weak and the Pokemon had no personally to make me not care for them at all. But the second part of the Pokemon episode was okay with me I don't think that this anime speacial doesn't make me feel that the Pokemon anime shouldn't go out of there way of the other anime. I can say that I rather have the anime we have then this series of Pokemon. I felt the health bars were stupid in this because it an anime while the health bar are for the games, this make me think that the Pokemon of this Anime are weaker compared to the main stream anime.

The special was okay until marketing reared its head in the fourth part...or, actually, ever since Mr. Fuji randomly gave out a Mega Stone without much explanation. This is why we're never allowed to enjoy the current stuff in its own form when it comes to Pokémon. 'Twas pretty cheap of Charizard to curb-stomp Mewtwo that way.

I'm seriously shocked how many people here are warming (no pun intended) up to Mega Charizard X instead of the Y form. Random addition of black color aside, I think there's more of physical resemblance to the original Charizard, though the black color just balances the feeling, sadly.

Overall, I think this is a decent special but it should've been better without shoehorning the Kalos stuff in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The special was okay until marketing reared its head in the fourth part...or, actually, ever since Mr. Fuji randomly gave out a Mega Stone without much explanation. This is why we're never allowed to enjoy the current stuff in its own form when it comes to Pokémon. 'Twas pretty cheap of Charizard to curb-stomp Mewtwo that way.

I'm seriously shocked how many people here are warming (no pun intended) up to Mega Charizard X instead of the Y form. Random addition of black color aside, I think there's more of physical resemblance to the original Charizard, though the black color just balances the feeling, sadly.

Overall, I think this is a decent special but it should've been better without shoehorning the Kalos stuff in the past.
    I think the addition of Mega Charizard was good because there was pretty much no other way for Red to oppose Mewtwo, other than some kind of team effort between Zard, the three legendary birds and something else, which I gueessss would've been cool, but the most likely alternative would've been Red simply using the Master Ball, which would've been less entertaining imo.

What a mess ...

They should've started the special at the Elite 4 Battles and went from there. Then we'd get VS Green as a starter and VS Mewtwo as the Main Event. It felt like they shoved too much into a limited amount of time and nothing besides Charizard got a chance to shine. Also totally called this not just being a throwback and more of an advertisement for X/Y. Also got a bit of an animation drop like I expected. Colors of the main anime showing through with some of the Pokemon designs, and a lot of montage battles.

In all it makes me appreciate the main anime that much more. Even at its lowest point the anime has heart and certain charms.

I think the addition of Mega Charizard was good because there was pretty much no other way for Red to oppose Mewtwo, other than some kind of team effort between Zard, the three legendary birds and something else
    Well, wearing down a Pokemon that is clearly stronger so his strongest Pokemon can finish him off is more of an " Ash tactic ".

In the sense that it's one he actually did before that is.

The reason they don't showcase Abilities, is because this was based off the original games, Abilities don't exist. While yes they updated it in Gen III to have abilities, I believe Oak stated at the beginning of the special they're were 150 species of Pokemon, making this gen I only

Credit to Darkrukario and Chibi Pika for banners

Poke-Artists Club

I think the addition of Mega Charizard was good because there was pretty much no other way for Red to oppose Mewtwo, other than some kind of team effort between Zard, the three legendary birds and something else, which I gueessss would've been cool.
    You just gave out an epic what could've been, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman456 View Post
    The reason they don't showcase Abilities, is because this was based off the original games, Abilities don't exist. While yes they updated it in Gen III to have abilities, I believe Oak stated at the beginning of the special they're were 150 species of Pokemon, making this gen I only
    Mega Charizard X says hi.

The special looks awesome, can't to see it when its dubbed. Mega Charizard X was major surprise to all of us (even me), I wonder if they do a 2nd remake (which they won't, I think) they will give the player the Mega Stone for their starter. I liked how the episodes played out, exactly-ish how a player of Red and Blue would play the game (minus Mega Charizard X).

great episode

I love charizard the more of him the better

This was how Ash should've been from the beginning....capturing awesome pokemon and starting out with Charmander

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman456 View Post
    I believe Oak stated at the beginning of the special they're were 150 species of Pokemon, making this gen I only
    Which makes no sense considering Fuji mentioned the Kalos region when thinking about the stones near the end of the movie. Unless we're exptected to think that Kalos only had gen 1 Pokes at the time.

I think the addition of Mega Charizard was good because there was pretty much no other way for Red to oppose Mewtwo
    Mewtwo was difficult to capture in the original games. Not impossible. They could have had Red used actual tactics in order to capture Mewtwo instead of brute force...but that would require effort.

The reason they don't showcase Abilities, is because this was based off the original games, Abilities don't exist.
    Of course they didn't. But Mega Evolutions did. I remember practically everyone I knew had to Mega Evolve Charizard in 1998 in order to even stand a REMOTE chance against Mewtwo. It was a regular right of passage. Le sigh. Honestly, Abilities would have made a lot more sense since at least the remakes of the original games had abilities. Considering that all of the character designs of this special were based on the remakes instead of the game boy originals... I could see them adding any or all the content from FireRed LeafGreen. I was actually expecting Charmander to Metal Claw Brocks Onix.

I'll admit, I'm something of a Gen 1 fanboy. I'm not always proud of that fact, but while I greatly enjoy all Pokemon games I don't think any will have quite the colossal impact on my life like the originals did. For me that's just a fact of my life. So it goes without saying that I was greatly looking forward to this special. I want to love it so much...but it has too many flaws to ignore. The somewhat sub-par animation, the fact that Red can't tie his shoes without Charizards help, the insanely rushed storyline...I could almost forgive these flaws...but then they toss in Mega Charizard just to rub salt in the wound.
    I cant for the life of my fathom why they would go through so much trouble to emulate the original game boy games only to throw it all away at the last minute. The Gameboy text boxes, the Gameboy save screen, the floppy disc TMs, the original Gameboy Pokedex, the Dot Matrix Gameboy ending background...all a total waste if Mega Evolutions are included. That's my opinion, anyway.

Not to say the special didn't have its moments. The whole Lavender Town episode was fantastic. The ending with Mewtwo was actually pretty cool (Mega Charizard and all). The way they tossed in Mew at the last second was a very pleasant surprise. Not to mention the aforementioned Gameboy throwbacks. So it was still an enjoyable special and I still can't wait to buy the DVD/Blu-Ray release...but I still can't help but think it could have been so much better.

This is the wrost Pokemon related stuff to date

Another highlight of the episode: Brock, FINALLY an animated Brock that I would give a crap about, not annoying flirting, not a bland personality, REAL smart (not Brock "smart" that doesn't work in battle losing most of them), I'll gladly support 12 years of him instead of the ... thing we got to endure.

Question for someone who understands japanese: Did Giovanni had that puny closure where he decides to become a Pokémon Investigator because Red inspired him?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It was advertised as commemorating the XY release from the start, and went on about how it was for both current fans and those who played in their childhood and not anymore. Assuming it wouldn't promote Mega Evolution and hype up XY for people who haven't been follow the series as of recent is ridiculous.

They're not ever going to pander to people who are stuck in the past and hate everything new, because the anime is made to advertise. Showing off the old stuff they recognize and then putting Mega Evolutions in is a great way to make people interested in the newer stuff they haven't been looking into.

HOW is this not obvious?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast