Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Origins

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.M View Post
    No, not really an investigator.
    To recap the entire change that happened.
    During their battle Giovanni was gradually questioning himself as he was getting agitated and even exited from their battle, impulsively challenging Red with everything that he's got, contradicting himself when he had earlier stated that pokemon are just a business, and towards the end he even saw his old self in Red, in his passion that apparently he could see from Red's stance and throwing style, and upon conceding defeat he disbanded team rocket just because Red refused to accept the badge from the boss of team rocket, in order to actually be able to hand over the badge.
    And in the following scene where he stands alone with the evening sky in the backdrop, he thought to himself that maybe it's time to start over as a pokemon trainer.

So it wasn't really that puny, it was a change that was building up ever since their battle at silph.co.
    Oh, got it, thanks, and you're right, that's not puny at all

Another highlight about this special was how they used the ingame NPC sprites as actual characters, I remember the Youngster, the Lass, the Beauty, the Female Cooltrainer, the Young Couple, the Blackbelt, it was a really nice nod to the games.

Quote Originally Posted by wildvaporeon View Post
    About Jolteon getting KOed by an electric attack,in my opinion if mega evolutions can be in this,then so can abilities.
    Jolteon should not have been affected by electric moves.
    Yeah, it sucked they they didn't acknowledge abilities in this. It's kind of weird how they seemed to pick and choose which things to acknowledge from each generation - some designs from gen 1, some from gen 3, movesets from gen 1 and the mega-evolutions from gen 6, but it was still pretty cool.

To be honest though, I think Jolteon was one of my favourites of Red's pokemon in this. It just seemed cool, though that might be due to seeing an electric type owned by the main character that isn't a Pikachu or one of its clones...
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

It appears there are a lot of highly inaccurate translations of this special floating around. Make sure not to trust any random translation you find on the internet, especially if you don't know who made it.

Seriously the best anime I've ever watched. Red is a ****ing beast!!!!!!!!! So, is red the first to use mega evolution??

I thought Pokemon Origins was good. I'm not sure about this whole mega evolution though. It felt like I was watching Digimon when Charizard mega evolve against Mewtwo.

it was awesome even its not subtitled. It's really like an exact copy of the game Firered. It even got a save scene, where Red will save the game. I hope they will make the Heartgold/Soulsiver or Ruby/Sapphire movie! That would be great!

"Pokeballs are red, water is blue, I came here to search for you and I will catch you!"
    ~brendan25

Current Team in Pokemon Y:

3DS FC: 2895-7891-8754

I thought Origin's was fantastic! Hell it even cleared up why all the gym leaders suddenly got weaker or stronger in each game.
    The mega evolution thing didn't bother me because they saved it for post-game. Which is good because stuff like that in a special based off nostalgia needs to handeled properly.
    Loved it!
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Mega Charizard was still tacky. It couldn't be helped; you can't keep the story limited to the originals and then throw in Kalos on a whim. OLM thought they could get around it because it tied into the greater storyline, but then that failed, because the stones are never mentioned again until after the League victory, so their presence is just suddenly just announced again.

For the most part, though, the four studios did a good job differentiating the special from weekly series tropes (Red catches everything!) and trying to get the sort of tone that I think the games wanted but did not have the means to present. They took Team Rocket pretty seriously, for good and ill (Namely that TR had zero reason to be in Lavender Town and that grunts are incompetent), and instead of making Red look preachy, it made him look like the annoying persistent brat with Pokemon that Giovanni saw him as- did any of us expect him to tell Giovanni "I don't take badges from a man who uses living creatures for his little "business"!". That was Red throwing out a moral question that Giovanni had done nothing to provoke; just like the games. And I a huge sucker for Giovanni, he was perfect. Same with Green, special didn't hide how Red crushes his dreams and nobody cares.

Love the music and all the little game callbacks (Dang it, Chansey!) that the special didn't have to acknowledge at all, but did, and how every non-badge plot was introduced entirely through hearsay- because it's true! It was a good ride.

Hate it when producers do that. It's not like Pokemon is a black mark on the resume, given how many big-name VAs in Japan have been in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post

In the bottom right corner! Slowking!
    So that blood I saw on the floor was the continuity...

More seriously, do any of these teams reference anybody? It would be the perfect place to throw something obscure like that in.
    Last edited by Pinsirius; 7th October 2013 at 5:10 PM.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

I liked it. Just wished it was a little longer... We only saw two Gym Battles and the final battle between Red and Green was way too short.

I thought they were going to reserve the last episode entirely for the Pokémon League battle. And that is why I didn't appreciate the Mega-evolution as much as I could have. They sacrificed the Ultimate Showdown between rivals to dedicate to a feature that wasn't even in the games this was supposedly adapting.
    Fanfiction.Net account; DeviantArt account

Contact me here or in those sites to keep me motivated for this fic. Several chapters are already concluded, but there's still a LONG way to go. I want to be sure I'll finish this thing before I start publishing it.

Spoiler:- http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/355/f/f/my_pokemon_teams_by_tomnamikaze-d6y3n4h.png:

2nd episode was the best. Those feelings. Dammit I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

...So in episode 2, when red was talking to that lady in the pokemon center, she commented on the ghost hand...AND there was a ghost hand :O!!
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

I'm very surprised with the ratings.

Pokemon Origins has gotten a rating of 4.7 which I find a bit low given the timeslot where it aired (although it's better than getting a 2 from Inazuma) but is better than the ratings of the anime lately.

But the Cilan special got a 5.5??? Why????
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    -I think that they are too much focusing in Gen I and they are ignoring FR/LG. THose games have a similar plot but those are more recent. And the latter games had 10 million copies sold. I said more for the marketing of the special.
    Umm... all the characters were in their FR/LG outfits (except Brock, who for some reason was wearing his HG/SS clothes, and Lance, who was mostly in his FR/LG outfit but his jacket/cape had the silver attachment thing that's only part of his HG/SS design, and Blue/Green who was basically in his FR/LG outfit but with a green jacket) Not to mention there were a lot of visual cues/references to FR/LG, such as the design of the Indigo Plateau building, or that brief clip of Red inside of Team Rocket's HQ where they made it look EXACTLY like it does in FR/LG in the room where you battle Giovanni for the first time.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

It was so awesome! Best pokemon anime I've seen (I've only seen a couple movies and first gen anime, and like one episode of a newer one). I loved how they took a more serious turn, instead of constant slapstick jokes. Mostly I adored the animation. So. Much. Seeing the pokemon move how they should, awesome battles, etc. Only thing I didn't like was how short it was. I could probably watch a mini series where it showed almost everything, like all the gym battles and some random trainer battles. I could never get tired of those awesome battle scenes. It could also allow for more expansion on his relationship with his other pokemon/how he got them too. I'm also not upset that it featured mega charizard x, just more awesomeness. Can't wait to watch it in English.
    To put it in perspective, I actually really dislike the normal pokemon anime. Ash and pikachu are getting so old, they at least should start with new characters every gen instead of having Ash replace all his friends/pokemon. It also seems much more childish, which I understand why obviously, so I have no desire to watch it as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    I'm very surprised with the ratings.

Pokemon Origins has gotten a rating of 4.7 which I find a bit low given the timeslot where it aired (although it's better than getting a 2 from Inazuma) but is better than the ratings of the anime lately.

But the Cilan special got a 5.5??? Why????
    Perhaps because the Japanese were genre savvy enough that the "Origins" special didn't fully stay true to a fully true depiction of the games of the past.

Oh, and glorifying (the punching) Charizard a lot wasn't probably a good idea. Those are my thoughts, though.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

It was very wonderful and muy interesante to see another take on the world of Pokemon. What I liked most about where they chose to timeskip was the fact that it seems clear these writers know the anime inside and out - they skipped straight to the most interesting plot points from the games that were never explored in the cartoon.

I liked that the Pokemon had CRIES, not just stating their names - I actually completely forgot this was an anime-creation, and nowhere in the official canon of the games do they all communicate by stating their names.

I only wish there could have been an entire episode devoted to battling the Elite Four. They got GIPPED in the anime.

Agh, this gives me such nostalgia.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Pokemon Origins was great! Oh man if only it wasn't four episodes because the events went by quickly.

FC: 3196 - 4102 - 0131

I just watched this, I honestly liked this, Pretty cool to see the anime have things you have done in the games, I hope they do more stuff like this.

I watched it fully raw the first time! I just couldn't wait to see it. Well, I have to say, that I was impressed. Like many people have mentioned, it was way too rushed. All of Kanto in just 4 episodes!!? It would have been much better if we had at least 30 episodes. That way, the characters would have grown on the viewers more. Also there would be a nice chance for character development if more time given.

I felt that there should have been much more explanation what exactly team rocket was (at least there was none in the subbed version), just at least for any new, new viewers of Pokemon. Just to mention one thing that I really like: The slightly more serious tone that this special had. It involved Charmander being hurt, mention of death, and Brock's fainted Onix slowly falling on the Lass. xD

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10.

Default Analysis on "Pokemon: Origins" (*Potential Future Spoilers*?)

Hi, guys. This is going to be a long post, but I hope it won't be ignored because there's a few things to consider. After finally seeing the special "Pokemon: The Origins", I have to say that it gave me a lot to think about it. Let's see:

1ş) First of all, we have to understand this story is not from a "real life Pokemon" like in the official anime; just a "videogame Pokemon" story represented as a movie. Have you seen Disney's movie "Wreck-It Ralph"? Well, I believe this story is what we would see if we enter inside the game's world, like in the games of "Fix-It Felix Jr", "Hero's Duty" and "Sugar Rush". There are some proofs of this in the special:
    - In the Gym Battles, you can use all your Pokemon against the Leader's Pokemon, instead of following the rules of 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3... etc.
    - The Pokemon in the special don't say their names, they just roar, growl, squeak... etc.
    - Those screens where you could see the damage received by the Pokemon during the fights were very rare for a real battle like in the anime.
    - The best proof you can get is in the final battle between red and Green in the Kanto League. In the short assault Blastoise vs Jolteon, Jolteon was thrown against a wall, cracking it. Then, instantly, the wal fix itself through somekind of "digital pixelament". How was that possible unless we were inside the videogame world?

2ş) The Red guy is not Ash's equivalent; or at least, not 100%. The character design comes from the most recent "Fire Red" and "Green Leaf" games, not the one from the original Red and Blue versions. I believe this Red could actually be another character in the anime. In the first episode of Pokemon, we saw that four different trainers parted from Pallet Town; each one with a different Pokemon. Ash took Pikachu and Gary took Squirtle, and I always believed that the two other "never-seen-before" trainers who took Charmander and Bulbasaur are the Player Characters from "Fire Red" and "Leaf Green". The Male could be the one who picked Chamander and the Female the one who picked Bulbasaur.

3ş) This Red is not Ash, but it's clear that they designed it to look like the most to him. You can see it reflected in his Pokemon and in severa events of the special:
    - Between his first Pokemons, he had a Caterpie/Metapod and a Pidgey, which could be a reference to his Butterfree and Pidgeot. It's true that Ash didn't capture a Pidgey, it failed and later he captured a Pidegeotto; but you get the idea.
    - Red's Spearow and Rattata can be references to another Pokemon. The Rattata can be the same Pokemon that tried to steal Ash's food in the first episode, or the Raticate he temporally traded by Butterfree. And the Spearow can be the same Pokemon Ash hit with a stone and later chase him and Pikachu with his whole flock.
    - Ash never had a Jolteon, but it's clear that his role in red's team is the same that Ash's Pikachu. And in the end, Red captured a Pikachu too, but it's obvious that it's not like Ash's. It's ironic that this is one of the last Pokemon captured by Red.
    - Red's team in Viridian City was very similar to Ash's in the Orange Islands: Charizard, Snorlax, Jolteon (Electric Type like Pikachu), Victreebell (Grass/Poison type like Bulbasaur) and Kabutops (Water type like Squirtle). Only difference is Hitmonlee taking Lapras' place, although we saw red using Lapras before arriving to this Gym.
    - It's ironic that Red had a Victreebell. I always saw this Pokemon as Ash's best alternative for a Grass type Pokemon is he had never caught Bulbasaur. Of course, if Ash would have captured a Victreebell, it wouldn't be like James' at all.

- Red's Hitmonlee can be a reference to two Pokemon. One can be the Pokemon defeated by Ash's Primeape before becoming Grand Prix P-1's Champion; and the other one can be the Pokemon Ash borrowed from Master Hamm during th Battle Frontier's adventure. The truth is that I always saw this Fighting Pokemon a good candidate for Ash's team.
    - Like Ash, Red had a Lapras which he mainly used for water transport but he also used it in a few Pokemon Battles.
    - Red captured a Haunter and used to defeat Sabrina's Psychic Pokemon. Ash tried to do the same in the anime, although the result was quite different.
    - In Giovanni's Gym Battle, Red's Charizard gave the final strike with a Seismic Toss; just like Ash's Charizard did for a long time in many of his battles.
    - Red's Kanto League Challenge against the Elite Four and the Champion (his Rival) can be equal to Ash's Orange League Challenge; as both have "4 Leaders and a Champion". Both Red and Ash won their challenges and entered in a Hall of Fame with even some of the same Pokemon: Charizard, Lapras and an Electric type (Pikachu/Jolteon).
    - Drake's Pokemon Team in the Orange League can be a reference to the game's Kanto League Challenge. He had a team with a Pokemon from the 5 trainers you have to defeat: Onix (Bruno), Gengar (Agatha), Venusaur (Champion Rival, if you pick Squirtle) and Dragonite (Lance). The only trainer who Drake doesn't share a Pokemon is Lorelei.

- Both Red and Ash lost their first battles against Giovanni. Ash in a Pikachu vs Persian battle, and Red in a Charizard vs Nidoqueen battle.
    - Red's Scyther could be a reference to Tracey's Scyther, since Ash tried to captured it before Tracey, but he failed. Either way, this was an elder Scyther, so it didn't fit for Ash's team.
    - Red's Persian could be a reference to TR's Meowth? I think this is a Pokemon they souldn't give him in his team. Snorlax looked way better here.
    - Red's ultimate battle against his rival, Green, was decided in a match of Red's Charizard vs Green's Blastoise; with Red winning. The same thing happened in the Johto League when Ash and Gary's ultimate battle, in a match between Ash's Charizard vs Gary's Blastoise, winning Ash.
    - The Fearrow that Red captured could be a reference to the Fearrow that evolved from the Spearow has hit in the first episode, and later it was defeated by Ash's Pidgeot. Just like in Red's case, Ash tried to captured this Fearrow, but even defeated, it still had enough strength to resist the capture.
    - Just like Ash, Red had a Tauros in his team, which he used to capture Zapdos. Of course, I don't think Red captured a whole herd of Tauros like Ash, just one.
    - Red's Rapidash could be a reference to the Pokemon Ash borrowed from Lara Laramie to win in the race of "Flame Pokemon-athon". The truth is that it would be good for Ash to capture this kind of Pokemon, not only for battle, but for a rideable Pokemon too. I don't see why Red didn't use his Charizard to capture Articuno instead of this Rapidash.

- During all the chapters of the episode, Red never used a Ground type Pokemon, just like Ash.
    - The Arbok that Red captured could be a reference to two famous Pokemon from the anime: One could be Jessie's Arbok, and the other one could be Ash's Muk, as both are Poison types.
    - The battle between Charizard and Moltres could be a reference to two of the most significant battles of Ash's Charizard. One could be Charizard vs Entei, as the power of Ash's Charizard can match the power of a Legendary Pokemon. On the other hand, it can also be a reference to the second Pokemon movie, since in one scene, Charizard blocked Moltres' Flamethrower with his own, drawing their power. It can also be a reference to Charizard's battle against Noland's Articuno, as this mean Ash's Charizard is powerful enough to defeat a Legendary Pokemon; and if this Pokemon would have been "entirely" wild, mayba Ash could have captured it.
    - Speaking of which, the fact that Red defeated and captured Articuno, and then used it against Mewtwo, could also be a reference to Ash's battle against Noland Articuno. If this Articuno wouldn't have been friend of Noland, maybe Ash could have captured it.
    - Finally, I believe several of Red's Pokemon were references to main characters during the Kanto and the Orange League's adventures. All those Pokemon looked fine for Red, which could confirm an old theory I have: All the Pokemon that Ash's companions (or even some of his rivals) had belonged could suit in Ash's Pokemon team. The Pokemon I'm talking about are these: Psyduck (Misty), Chansey (Brock), Scyther (Tracey), Dodrio (Gary), Arbok (Jessie), Victrebell (James) and Persian (Meowth).

Sorry this post is so long, but I think it was necesarry to analise this. Since this is long enough, I will wait for some answers before posting those who I think could be spoilers about future events in the Pokemon XY anime. Well, what are your opinions?

If it just wasn't so damn rushed this would have been the best thing like ever.

But because of how freaken quickly everything goes by (Even if that does make it fun in some sense.) I just can't put it very high.

It's sad, because the animation was beautiful, and when not rushed the story was fine.

The battles were rediculously rushed. I don't know. Maybe it's just me and watching too much exposition but...ugh. I wanted to see all of it. Or just you know, a BIT more. askldflsdflks.

My god though. This sound track. </3...So many noglasitic feels. I think thats the most lovely thing about it.

Last comment. That ending. That ending.

"Hey, mewtwo is the 'child' of mew correct...?"

LET ME CATCH MEW. 8D

I lol'd.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I liked that the Pokemon had CRIES, not just stating their names - I actually completely forgot this was an anime-creation, and nowhere in the official canon of the games do they all communicate by stating their names.
    One or two in-game Pokémon do say their names. In Blue version the Pokémon Fan Club has a Pikachu which says it's name; in Crystal version a Jigglypuff in the Johto Radio Tower says part of it's name. It seems to be the opposite of the Anime, where most Pokémon say their names and a few make animal-like sounds.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

What bugged me about this was Red's victory to Green, his Blastoise got knocked out by a fire blast. How? The explanation I can give is that Red's Charizard is level 100, perfectly EV trained and got a critical hit. And if I'm not mistaken, Green's Blastoise was at least a half health. Overall, meh, I wasn't amazed by it. The rushing was annoying, Giovanni's overpowered Rhyhorn made no sense and the battles were pretty meh as well. The random mega evolution seemed stupid and more like shameless advertising than anything, also Red caught all Pokémon and it is supposed to be a representation of the games and as we all know, catching all Pokémon is impossible. The Marowak getting killed by electricity was stupid and going against the game mechanics. And, why did the Marowak just stand there and take it and not attack? Okay, I'm going to stop ranting about what I dislike and mention what I did like.
    Green. That's pretty much it. Even if he did get screwed over just to make Red the hero, I found him to be the most likeable character in the entire thing and the most realistic. Red's character put me off slightly because at the beginning he was a bit ignorant on the whole Pokémon thing, which I could stand, but then he started to wander into perfect territory, always doing the right thing. I would like to see a special from the point of view of the rival character because they're a whole lot more interesting.
    I prefer the main anime, origins sounded good and I was excited to watch and I was slightly disappointed and it could have been a lot better. I wouldn't want anymore episodes because they're just going to be the same thing, only in a different region and the characters will have a different face. To me, if maybe they had stretched it out longer then there might have been time for character development (slow character development, not instant amazing-ification) and we wouldn't have previews of gym battles and we could see Red catch different Pokémon, the other members of his team could have their time in the limelight and not leave it all to Charizard. So in summary, could've been better, I give it a rating of 3.5/10.
    All hail the jiggling Ditto!

It was great. I'm looking forward to watching it with some friends when the dubbed version comes out on the 15th. Looks like it would be really sentimental if charmander was your starter. Mine was squirtle and my friends was charmander so I put myself in blue's shoes a bit.

That was so awful, the animations, the voices, the new game/save game thing. I'll watch the rest of them, but god does it make you appreciate the main series.
    Looking for any Diancie. Any IVs, any nature, cloned a million times. It's for the dex, I'll trade a shiny Dragonair for it.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast