• 7: This team is good!

5 38.46%
  • 8: This team is great!

0 0%
  • 9: Excellent team!

0 0%
  • 10: Absolutely perfect!

1 7.69%

Thread: The advance of Napoleon! (BW OU)

Default The advance of Napoleon! (BW OU)

Im back. This will be my 3rd RMT, and my last BW RMT. I will make XY RMTs though. I made it with salamence in mind, since I've never actually used it.

War Skar (Skarmory) (M) @ Custap Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Brave Bird

This is my hazard setter. Skarmory with sturdy + Custap berry pretty much guarantees me stealth rocks and at least 1 spike layer. I can even guarantee more by taunting other leads, like rocks Ferro, forretress, ect. Whirlwind helps me remove dangerous sweepers, too!

Aladin's Wish (Jirachi) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 152 Atk / 208 SAtk / 148 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - Thunder
    - Icy Wind

This is a mixed Rachi. It's easy to think that it is scarfed, so many pokemon Will try setting up on me. However, they won't be able to, because I run expert belt! Iron Head gets stab, Fire punch hits steels, Hidden power Ice hurts dragons and Thunder hits anything that is water type in rain.

Dumbo (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 88 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 168 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Bounce

Dragon dance gyrados gets a ton of set up chances, like subbing on breloom to avoid spore. After subbing, use dragon dance. I can then sweep from after 1 or 2 with powerful stab moves like bounce and waterfall. Movie also increases my attack every time a pokemon faints, making sweeping even easier.

Alan! (Alakazam) (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Signal Beam
    - Focus Blast

This pokemon acts as a very powerful special attacker. With magic guard and sash, it is impossible to OHKO alakazam. Therefore, taking down other pokemon become easier. Psychic gets stab, signal beam hits dark pokemon, HP ice hits dragons very hard and focus blast helps dear with steels.

Grovyle's GF (Celebi) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Earth Power
    - U-turn
    - Recover

Celebi acts as a status absorber thanks to natural cure and a very good special attacker. Leaf storm is very powerful and gets STAB, Earth power hits steels, U-Turn allows me to escape and hit things like Hydreigon and Recover is a way of recovering my Life Orb damage.

Napoleon (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    -Fire Blast
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake

After all the steels are gone, this pokemon can spam outrage or Dragon claw to victory! Those moves are powerful stabs, and fire blast and earthquake is just in case not all the steels are dead. Normally, this allows me to clean up the remainder of teams and win

So, what do you think? Please suggest changes and use the poll!

Changes in green.
    Last edited by Minedreigon; 8th October 2013 at 7:29 AM.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

I think you may want to use Latios over Alakazam. If you have Magnezone, you may as well take advantage of it and use a Pokemon that can tear holes in teams with Draco Meteor and also unleash Psychic Type Moves like Alakazam.

Also, Hippowdon can pose a problem to Salamence, while Tyranitar can to Latios. Be sure to eliminate them before attempting a sweep or even attacking in Latios' case if Tyranitar is still conscious.

As you added a Special Attacker in Latios, consider replacing one for a Physical Attacker. In other words, use Breloom over Roserade. It can also work as a Status Absorber through defensive set with Toxic Orb. Spore is better than Sleep Powder, too. It can deal with Steel Types even easier and can deal with Tyranitar more easily, which I think is more of a threat than Hippowdon, especially as Latios cannot even safely attack as long as Tyranitar is in and Latios can deal with Hippowdon himself. Breloom mostly does things Roserade can, but better.

Also, use Whirlwind over Taunt or Brave Bird. It is very important for a Pokemon like Skarmory and either of those two moves can leave. Be aware that losing Brave Bird makes Skarmory complete Taunt bait, which is commonly used against Skarmory anyway.

Give Magnezone a spread of 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spe. It allows it to outspeed Adamant Scizor even if it has maximum EVs and IVs. Avoiding Superpower is important.

Also, be careful of the occasional Flame Charge Air Balloon Heatran. It shall make Dugtrio fail.

Spoiler:- Sets for Suggested Pokemon:

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    I think you may want to use Latios over Alakazam. If you have Magnezone, you may as well take advantage of it and use a Pokemon that can tear holes in teams with Draco Meteor and also unleash Psychic Type Moves like Alakazam.

Also, Hippowdon can pose a problem to Salamence, while Tyranitar can to Latios. Be sure to eliminate them before attempting a sweep or even attacking in Latios' case if Tyranitar is still conscious.

As you added a Special Attacker in Latios, consider replacing one for a Physical Attacker. In other words, use Breloom over Roserade. It can also work as a Status Absorber through defensive set with Toxic Orb. Spore is better than Sleep Powder, too. It can deal with Steel Types even easier and can deal with Tyranitar more easily, which I think is more of a threat than Hippowdon, especially as Latios cannot even safely attack as long as Tyranitar is in and Latios can deal with Hippowdon himself. Breloom mostly does things Roserade can, but better.

Also, use Whirlwind over Taunt or Brave Bird. It is very important for a Pokemon like Skarmory and either of those two moves can leave. Be aware that losing Brave Bird makes Skarmory complete Taunt bait, which is commonly used against Skarmory anyway.

Give Magnezone a spread of 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spe. It allows it to outspeed Adamant Scizor even if it has maximum EVs and IVs. Avoiding Superpower is important.

Also, be careful of the occasional Flame Charge Air Balloon Heatran. It shall make Dugtrio fail.

Spoiler:- Sets for Suggested Pokemon:
    I'll certainly give both these pokemon a try! What worries me is that gliscor could become a problem though, since I used to be able to OHKO it with roserade. So, I'll definitely use this! Thanks for the help!

I gave both a try, and really, they didn't help much at all. I think I'm better of with what I he atm. Thanks anyway!
    Last edited by Minedreigon; 3rd October 2013 at 8:34 PM.

Also, I forgot to mention: Change Magnezone's Nature to Timid to outpseed Adamant Scizor with maximum Speed EVs and IVs.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

I thought this team would have an Empoleon....

Anyway, whirlwind has little use on Custap Skarm, and it's really strange that you have invested 252 EVs in attack without using Brave bird.

Also, keeping hazards on the field is crucial for your sweepers to score kills, so go with Gengar over Alakazam to act as a spinblocker.

I also think that having two trappers is rather unnecessary, and if Heatran is a problem, then it would be better to just use a sweeper that beats Heatran instead of Dugtrio.

Finally, Roserade isn't really very good in OU. I'll think of a replacement and edit it later, but yes, there's a lot that could be improved in this team.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Also, keeping hazards on the field is crucial for your sweepers to score kills, so go with Gengar over Alakazam to act as a spinblocker.

Finally, Roserade isn't really very good in OU. I'll think of a replacement and edit it later, but yes, there's a lot that could be improved in this team.
    First gengar can't do what alakazam does for the team, switching zam makes he weak to a plethura of threats such as +1 dragons and celebi
    Second roserade has niches in OU, namely as a defensive grass staking spikes.

I have no idea why you`re using 2 trappers on a team that gives 2 shits about what they trap. The only thing that benefits is salamence and between roserade and alakazam + the other 2 threats you could be using over the trappers you can check steels.

Switch whirlwind on skarmory so you can do SOMETHING to lead terrakion or other skarmorys that taunt you.

As I said above, the trappers are honestly useless, and the way you use roserade, celebi is far better. As such, i recommend Offensive Celebi > Roserade as it hammers steels with hp fire, but baits in and checks heatran with earth power, providing better team support.

Instead of trapping steels and losing momentum, gain momentum on them, I suggest switching magnezone for Special jirachi for multiple reason. Jirachi can not only check steels with fire punch or hidden power fire, jirachi can also bait in and remove troublesome physical walls such as landorus therian and garchomp that you have no answer to if they are in, rock polish landorus sweeps through your team with alakazam's sash broken. However, jirachi baits in these threats with its typing and how common its scarfed set is, making the opponent think they can set up on it, and then they take and icy wind or hidden power ice to the face and get KOed or near KOed. Jirachi can also pressure other threats like bulky politoed with thunderbolt and kyurem with flash cannon. Finally, it gives you a pivot against the lati twins, who are a big problem.

Finally, I suggest switching dugtrio for something that can benefit from the ability of celebi, jirachi, and alakazam to break physical walls, while resisting scizor that is a big threat. I recommend bulky dragon dance gyarados as it easily sets up on scizor, outspeeds breloom and subs on it so it avoids spore, and with celebi to check rotom wash and ferrothorn, can sweep fairly easily. Furthermore, the amount of chances gyarados can set up in the meta is insane, it shuts down common rain teams as well as common clear skies threats like keldeo, jirachi, and scizor, while working well with salamence to weaken or beat physical walls that still remain.

so tl;dr
    whirlwind->brave bird
    roserade->celebi
    magenzone->jirachi
    dugtrio->gyarados

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    First gengar can't do what alakazam does for the team, switching zam makes he weak to a plethura of threats such as +1 dragons and celebi
    Second roserade has niches in OU, namely as a defensive grass staking spikes.

I have no idea why you`re using 2 trappers on a team that gives 2 shits about what they trap. The only thing that benefits is salamence and between roserade and alakazam + the other 2 threats you could be using over the trappers you can check steels.

Switch whirlwind on skarmory so you can do SOMETHING to lead terrakion or other skarmorys that taunt you.

As I said above, the trappers are honestly useless, and the way you use roserade, celebi is far better. As such, i recommend Offensive Celebi > Roserade as it hammers steels with hp fire, but baits in and checks heatran with earth power, providing better team support.

Instead of trapping steels and losing momentum, gain momentum on them, I suggest switching magnezone for Special jirachi for multiple reason. Jirachi can not only check steels with fire punch or hidden power fire, jirachi can also bait in and remove troublesome physical walls such as landorus therian and garchomp that you have no answer to if they are in, rock polish landorus sweeps through your team with alakazam's sash broken. However, jirachi baits in these threats with its typing and how common its scarfed set is, making the opponent think they can set up on it, and then they take and icy wind or hidden power ice to the face and get KOed or near KOed. Jirachi can also pressure other threats like bulky politoed with thunderbolt and kyurem with flash cannon. Finally, it gives you a pivot against the lati twins, who are a big problem.

Finally, I suggest switching dugtrio for something that can benefit from the ability of celebi, jirachi, and alakazam to break physical walls, while resisting scizor that is a big threat. I recommend bulky dragon dance gyarados as it easily sets up on scizor, outspeeds breloom and subs on it so it avoids spore, and with celebi to check rotom wash and ferrothorn, can sweep fairly easily. Furthermore, the amount of chances gyarados can set up in the meta is insane, it shuts down common rain teams as well as common clear skies threats like keldeo, jirachi, and scizor, while working well with salamence to weaken or beat physical walls that still remain.

so tl;dr
    whirlwind->brave bird
    roserade->celebi
    magenzone->jirachi
    dugtrio->gyarados
    Thank you mcdanger! I tried this out, and I feel it definitely improved the team, so I'm keeping your change on the team!

Thunder outside of rain is unreliable, I think you should change Thunder for Thunderbolt
    Friend code Y:2320 7216 6241
    Friend Safari: Psychic , Espurr and

Spoiler:- Banner:

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidgator View Post
    Thunder outside of rain is unreliable, I think you should change Thunder for Thunderbolt
    See, the whole point in that is to bring a threat to rain teams, since it hits for considerably more. I think I'll be keeping it, but thanks anyway.

Hey Minedreigon, cool team you've got here. I do see some changes that could be made right off, however.

Though I've not done a team rate in quite some time, I do notice right offhand a weakness to Sun teams that run Mamoswine. It's ability to come in on Salamence and threaten it with STAB Ice Shard and even outpace and possibly OHKO Jirachi if ever faced with having to do so.
    I did some calcs on the scenario: Jolly Mamoswine does 95.6% - 113.2% damage to your current Jirachi with Earthquake, 106.3% - 126.9% damage to your current Salamence with Ice Shard & 37.6% - 44.4% to Celebi with Ice Shard, 78.1% - 92.7% with Icicle Crash...which it can then follow up with Ice Shard to KO.

Since Mamoswine seems a bit concerning should it have the support of the Sun, Skarmory out of the way or forunately have Alakazam's Focus Sash broken for easy removal, I'd suggest replacing something on your team for Terrakion, whom removes most Sun team threats including Mamoswine with its STABs Close Combat and Stone Edge.

-Will edit later to continue rate-

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...
    Feel the Heat
    Check out my latest RMT

Quote Originally Posted by CedOmega View Post
    Hey Minedreigon, cool team you've got here. I do see some changes that could be made right off, however.

Though I've not done a team rate in quite some time, I do notice right offhand a weakness to Sun teams that run Mamoswine. It's ability to come in on Salamence and threaten it with STAB Ice Shard and even outpace and possibly OHKO Jirachi if ever faced with having to do so.
    I did some calcs on the scenario: Jolly Mamoswine does 95.6% - 113.2% damage to your current Jirachi with Earthquake, 106.3% - 126.9% damage to your current Salamence with Ice Shard & 37.6% - 44.4% to Celebi with Ice Shard, 78.1% - 92.7% with Icicle Crash...which it can then follow up with Ice Shard to KO.

Since Mamoswine seems a bit concerning should it have the support of the Sun, Skarmory out of the way or forunately have Alakazam's Focus Sash broken for easy removal, I'd suggest replacing something on your team for Terrakion, whom removes most Sun team threats including Mamoswine with its STABs Close Combat and Stone Edge.

-Will edit later to continue rate-
    ya except mamo isnt a problem, jirachi outpaces as it reaches 300 speed, as does celebi as it reaches 285, outpacing jolly mamo by 1, and he cant ohko celebi, while gyarados, jirachi, and celebi all hit it back with super effective, while alakazam can beat it with its sash still intact.

IMO i would give jirachi icy wind so it can beat scarfed landorus and standard garchomps that switch into it, as he cant OHKO iirc. Also give salamence naive nature so it takes less from priority moves like mach punch and bullet punch.