Thread: Friday: Pokémon XY - Event Download Methods

Default Friday: Pokémon XY - Event Download Methods

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

Friday: Pokémon XY - Event Download Methods

More...

Events are also locked to the console's language, rather than the game so if you're playing a Japanese game in English, you will receive Japanese events but Japanese games in English cannot receive North American events and vice versa.
    This is very confusing, as it doesn't make a lick of sense. You state that the events you receive are dependant on the language of "your console" and NOT the language you play the "game" in. Yet your comparisons all use the word "game" rather than "console".

Do you perhaps mean... If you play Pokemon X/Y on a Japanese 3DS, then you can only receive Japanese events, even if you choose Italian/French/German from the games language menu...?

If so, then thats a better way of putting it.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 4th October 2013 at 10:41 AM.

The games have multi languages in them. So you can play the Japanese version with English language.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    The games have multi languages in them. So you can play the Japanese version with English language.
    I understand that perfectly. But as stated in the part i quoted, it says
    Events are also locked to the console's language, rather than the game
    Hence where the confusion comes in, because what if i own a UK "console", but i buy the Japanese "game", but i choose to play the game in German "language".

That should mean i can only access UK events, as my "Console" is registered as United Kingdom.... but the way Serebii has worded it, he uses the term "game" for his explanations... so that could mean Japanese(as thats where the game is from) or German(as that's the language i'm playing).

I'm just looking for the statement on the news page to actually use one consistent term, rather than confuse the matter.

It also raises the question, that lets say for example, events you can access are determined by the language you play the game in, and nothing else... whats to stop someone from keeping to hand a copy of the game to do nothing with but reset over and over, changing the language, and accessing all the events for each language?
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 4th October 2013 at 10:58 AM.

Well since the games are already region locked, you first of all wouldn't be able to play the Japanese game on a UK console. What the page is saying is that if you have the Japanese version and you play in German, you can only get Japanese events not any German events.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    Well since the games are already region locked, you first of all wouldn't be able to play the Japanese game on a UK console. What the page is saying is that if you have the Japanese version and you play in German, you can only get Japanese events not any German events.
    Ok see, that's a great response, thanks Sam. That's much clearer.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 4th October 2013 at 11:07 AM.

kinda off topic

what happens if i delete a wonder card after i claim the pokemon or item or whatevs i got with that wonder card?

Pokegyms Double Battle Frontier Brain
    FC: 2294-4517-3671 (IGN: Alen)

21.4.2014. National Pokedex completed

Psychic friend safari:

Pokegym League gym badges earned:

Credits to Azulart for the gym badges

Absolutely nothing

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    This is very confusing, as it doesn't make a lick of sense. You state that the events you receive are dependant on the language of "your console" and NOT the language you play the "game" in. Yet your comparisons all use the word "game" rather than "console".

Do you perhaps mean... If you play Pokemon X/Y on a Japanese 3DS, then you can only receive Japanese events, even if you choose Italian/French/German from the games language menu...?

If so, then thats a better way of putting it.
    Perhaps language was a poor choice of word. I switched the word to region.

All 3DS games are region locked so you can't play a Japanese game on a European console.

Essentially Japanese games can only get Japanese events regardless of the language and the same with everything else. It makes perfect sense

Don't worry Serebii. I think he got it already :3
    Latest Shiny!

PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Well shoot.
    There goes my dreams of wordwide Wi-Fi events.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

So if someone with a Japanese 3ds in America has Pokemon X/Y, can he/she get the wi-fi Japanese events?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    So if someone with a Japanese 3ds in America has Pokemon X/Y, can he/she get the wi-fi Japanese events?
    As long as the version of the game is Japanese and you have wifi. It does not matter where you are.
    Latest Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Perhaps language was a poor choice of word. I switched the word to region.

All 3DS games are region locked so you can't play a Japanese game on a European console.

Essentially Japanese games can only get Japanese events regardless of the language and the same with everything else. It makes perfect sense
    I may be a bit late to this topic but I have a question that fits it quite well:
    I'm from Germany, thus having a European console and game. However, I'm currently living in Japan, so I was wondering if it was possible for me to receive Japanese events now or if I will still only be able to receive the European events.