Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youkai Overdrive [R]

Default Youkai Overdrive [R]

(Oops, Sorry about posting thread in wrong section I haven't been thinking straight today so I'm so sorry ;-;...)
    Youkai Overdrive

Plot: Long ago in the sky, there lived thirteen celestial animals called the eastern zodiac. These animals were assigned certain years and watched every person born in that lunar year, helping shape their personalities with the help of the western zodiac. The two Zodiacs lived together in harmony, with the western more humanoid and the eastern more mammalian. Though, the two eventually got separated, and now the western zodiac is more well known in the western world, and the eastern zodiac in the east, the mystical land of Asia.

These twelve zodiac then decided to make their home somewhere in the sky between the two lands of China and Japan. Now, when they arrived Japan was all but just a primitive country while China was beginning work on it’s great wall. Soon afterwards, they were shocked by the sudden strife of the three kingdoms era, and went in and helped the chinese continue on with their lives. Though, during the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the zodiac also sealed away a powerful evil, and along with it their de facto member Cat. Thus, after this point in history, the cat has been left out in most circles of worship and observers.

Well, what is this darkness and why cat defacted? Well, this evil is said to be Sin, the driving force of chaos and disorder in the world. Sin is what lived in Pandora’s box, and made the world how we know it today. The eastern zodiac were able to located Sin when they arrived in China, and quickly tried to seal it away again after a three thousand year reign. Cat, however, was drawn in and believed in Sin’s lies, and turned against the other zodiac. What these lies were and why Cat believed them, no one exactly knows for sure, but it forced the zodiac to seal him away along with Sin.

Though, fast forward to now, 16th century Japan. Oda Nobunaga has unified most of japan under his reign. The zodiac have felt a great, powerful evil coming from Japan. Strange cracks have started to appear in the ground, and “Youkai” or demon sightings have increased unexpectedly. Then Oda's "disappearance" happened, and it send the heavens into chaos. The death of Oda seemed to break the final seal on that ancient evil from long ago. The first one to notice these signs was Rabbit, and he desperately tried to warn everyone of the powerful evil.

Though, their hubris got to them, and most of the Zodiac shrugged it off, well, until their leader, Dragon, suddenly disappeared. One by one, each and every Zodiac fell out of the sky into ancient japan, embodying a newborn child. Though, before Rabbit fell, he sent out a cry of help to the Japanese gods, and hoped for the best. Also, he saw a strange vision of Cat crying out for his help, but it wasn’t exactly a vision. Cat somehow had managed to escape his imprisonment, and fell with Rabbit into twins.

These children all had special traits corresponding to the zodiac, both mentally and physically. Stuff like Snake’s eyes, Sheep’s and Ox’s horn, Rat’s whiskers and so forth, but also things like Rabbit’s swiftness, Dragon’s wisdom, and Dog’s sense of smell. These children were branded as Youkai, and were instantly left for dead. Though an old, traveling shrine maiden was able to receive Rabbit’s message, and was luckily able to find and care for all the children, raising them. This shrine maiden is actually the goddess Amaterasu taking on human form, and knowing the danger of Sin quickly tried to save these children from death.

Now, as they start to reach adolescence, these children are slowly starting to regain their memories as the zodiac. Sin has risen up again, and a dark army is starting to rise up in japan. These zodiac have little time to spare if they’re going to save the world, even if they’re bodies are still weak. I guess one can say, they’re about to go into a Youkai Overdrive.

Zodiac
        Spoiler:

Rules:
    1. All standard Serebii and RPG forum rules apply.

2. This is rated R for a reason. Heavy Violence, Alcohol Use, Implied Sexual Relationships (With Minors... At times), Language, Mental Deterioration/Insanity, Mind Games and some other things make it R.

3. Please, try to at least do the post minimum, but go above and beyond

4. No Bunnying unless it’s absolutely necessary and required. Get permission first.

5. No Power Playing / God Modding. Some of these powers can be abusable, so don’t even think about it.

6. Inactivity will be penalized with death. If you are inactive without notice, your character shall suffer a permanent death.

7. I want skilled people. All SUs must at least be of 1000 words length (At least 3 decent size paragraphs in each section suffices)

8. Mutliple people can reserve the same sign. There will only be one though, and I'll choose the best character for the sign (Besides Rabbit because GM needs most plot relevant character. Sorry guys .-.)

9. Have fun~

Sign-Up
        Spoiler:

Reserves:

I’ll be taking six to eight people, and expand it to ten if we get enough. The signs that aren't used will be explained in the plot.

Lost: Rabbit
    Snail: Sheep
    DVB: Rooster
    Azer: Dragon
    Muse: Tiger
    Beirut: Dog
    AoT: Horse
    Spandex: Rat
    GH & Kamina : Snake
    Dixie: Ox
    Last edited by Lost™; 9th October 2013 at 3:14 PM.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

I'd like to reserve sheep please. Won't be able to post till monday

Give me a reserve for Rooster. May wanna try this out

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

I'll take a reserve for Dog my lovely ouo

Dragon reserve
    So the wrath of god in all its fury has been unlocked to welcome the death of evil,
    And all it portrays in the eyes of the good and just
    It shall be known that when the threat to mankind has been laid down to the lord.
    A sceptre of fire shall be driven through all its perpetrators.

Hrm...reserving for Tiger please.
    Last edited by SoulMuse; 6th October 2013 at 3:27 PM.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

@Everyone

Alright then, reserves are then accepted. Expanding to 8 now so if anyone wants to sign up *Looks at a certain two people* they can. All reserves will drop within a week. Also, if someone else wants the sign they can still post a SU, and I'll accept the better character from the sign. Reserves here are more saying you're interested in being that character, not that you'll be that character. So multiple reserves for the same sign is fine. I'm trying out something new, okay?

Credit to EG for Banner.

Can I try a reserve for rat please, I've made a base for my SU but will spend some more time improving it but in case anyone is interesting my characters name will be Konezu (written 小鼠 meaning small rat/mouse and this took way too long).
    Last edited by Spandex Faffy; 7th October 2013 at 4:52 PM.
    Hey look at this cool art and stuff
        Spoiler:- Picture:

For more like this and commissions and stuff go to here

Quote Originally Posted by Spandex Faffy View Post
    Can I try a reserve for rat please, I'll probably be making my su in a few hours
    Alright then.

One more "reserve" unless three more people are interested.

Credit to EG for Banner.

When does this take place? The Meiji Restoration was from 1868 until 1912.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by DVB View Post
    When does this take place? The Meiji Restoration was from 1868 until 1912.
    Oops, got some facts wrong. It takes place during Hideyoshi's unification of Japan.

Credit to EG for Banner.

I'm just going to post a WIP for now so I can remember to work on it ouo

Name
    Shiba

Female (My boyfriend told me to do this so we could call her a female dog)

Zodiac Sign
    Dog

Leitmotif

Appearance

Shiba is a fairly average looking teen, nothing quite sticks out about her average body. She has a mocha or cappuccino skin tone, and her skin feels velvety to the touch. She stands at a very average and unspectacular height of 5'2" and an average weight of about 120 pounds, all of this evens out pretty well thanks to her fit body type. Her breasts are about a C cup, nothing truly special about them, although she is quite young and is really just starting to go through the horrors of puberty. Although, her face is when things get somewhat interesting. Her face is dotted with dark freckles, along with an oddly dark nose, somewhat resembling a dog's. Her eyes are two very vibrant shades; her left is a pretty orange colour, while her right is a dark ocean blue. This resembles the heterochromia that a few species of dogs seem to exhibit. Her hair is messy and blonde, almost resembling unkempt fur. Two cute and very noticeable floppy chocolate brown dog ears reside at the top her head. Fully functional like actual dog ears.

Her body is also something to behold. When the young girl is unclothed you can see her body, she has a fairly good muscle tone for someone as young as her. As well as the fact that she is already mildly above average in breast cup size. Her dark freckles line her collarbone and neck just like they dot her face, she also has a fairly bad looking scar shaped like an x above her heart. However, she really doesn't remember when, or how she got it. At the small of her back, just above her bottom a fluffy tail the same colour as her cute fluffy ears pokes out. The tail wags profusely whenever she's happy, which sometimes irritates the girl.

In the fashion sense of things, Shiba likes to keep it simple. Shiba likes to wear a komono on most days, this komono is very ordinary, just a regular brown kimono that stops just before her ankles. Along with these she wears small cute little shoes that are quite easy to move around in.

Personality
    [ Insert ]

History
    [ Insert ]

Weapon
    Shiba's weapon is based off of many elements of the dog zodiac. The dog is said to value justice, or as some people know it, the sword of justice. Along with a dog's keen sense of smell. These make Shiba's flower rapier, as she calls it. A light and agile blade decorated with lovely flowers.

Shiba is also able to use her teeth as a weapon in tight situations, although she dislikes doing so.

Abilities
    [ Insert ]
    Last edited by Mogar; 13th October 2013 at 1:05 AM.

Is there anyway I could get a reserve for the horse please? I'll start working on my SU asap, maybe post during the weekend if all goes well.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    Is there anyway I could get a reserve for the horse please? I'll start working on my SU asap, maybe post during the weekend if all goes well.
    Sure, that won't be a problem... I'll most likely edit this post with Usa.

Credit to EG for Banner.

Like Beirut, I am putting a Work-In-Progress sign-up. Also, the tektek avatar was a good idea

Name
    Mao

Zodiac Sign
    Rooster

Leitmotif

Appearance

Mao is about the average height and weight of a 13 year old male. This makes him about 5 feet tall and about 90 lbs. He has a somewhat round face, giving him a boyish look and his eyes are slightly larger than normal, adding a quirky form of innocence to him. This fits the rather stocky build he has, perfect for gaining muscle, a tribute to the fighting nature of the rooster. He has light olive skin and his hair has the texture similar to rooster feathers. He has a rather nice shade of brown eyes and some pretty even dark hair. However, There is a streak of red that runs through the center of the hair. This red streak seems to represent the red crown that roosters have on them. Furthermore, Mao has markings around his eye that give him even more of a resemblance to a rooster. Perhaps most shocking is the large tail that he has behind him. Mao has practiced to ensure the tail doesn't hinder him and occasionally uses the feathers. He comments the pain like taking out a few hairs, though somewhat gently pulling them opposed to yanking them.

Regarding his outfit, Mao is dressed in a manner resembling the yamabushi, the mountain hermit warrior monks of Japan. He has on a black robe with a red sash across the robe. However, he also has garments underneath, mainly that cover his legs and chest whenever he has to take off his robe. He also wears the traditional underwear, fundoshi underneath. He wears traditional moccasin-like sandals and is often seen with several red prayer beads around his hands. Most notably are the rather larger prayer beads he wears around like a necklace. They appear to be made out of polished stone and is one of his most prized possessions.

Personality
    [ Insert ]

History
    [ Insert ]

Weapon
    Being a yamabushi, he wields a khakkhara or monk's staff. This represents the balanced nature. The staff has four rings, symbolizing his status as a novice monk. The staff is powerful and durable, representing the endurance of the rooster.

Abilities
    [ Insert ]
    Last edited by DVB; 16th October 2013 at 6:02 AM.

You know what, what the heck. I think I can handle this. Snake plz.

Should be up in a week.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

GH, you're reserved. Going to expand to 10 until the 12th, if no one else bites by then , we'll keep it at 8.

Credit to EG for Banner.

I'd like to reserve Ox. I can post a profile tonight at the soonest and Saturday at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerDixie View Post
    I'd like to reserve Ox. I can post a profile tonight at the soonest and Saturday at the latest.
    Alright then. One more spot left. I'm surprised no one has taken Monkey yet...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Can I reserve Snake? This looks kinda interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Kanima View Post
    Can I reserve Snake? This looks kinda interesting
    I'd prefer you choose a different sign since I know GH's pretty much automatically got the snake (Have you since her SU's? Or his. Bah I need your gender GH .-.)

Though I guess I can put you down. One more zodiac remaining... Also due to inactivity clause most of the first reserves will drop Saturday. I'm more doing it based on based SUs then first come first serve. So Eleven Reserves doesn't mean everyone will get accepted.
    Last edited by Lost™; 9th October 2013 at 3:16 PM.

Credit to EG for Banner.

Nevermind, I'll take the Monkey-spot

Also gonna post a WIP, but I should still have this done in the alotted time frame!

Name: Oshi (I wanted to call him Ico but I didn't want to get yelled at for plagiarism)

Zodiac Sign: Ox

Leitmotif:

Appearance:

Despite being only 14, Oshi is very tall and strong for his age, standing at about 5'6'' and having the muscle tone of someone four to six years older than he is. His skin is slightly darker than average and his hair is a long, black, unkempt mop on his head as his only stand-out feature, a pair of long, black bull's horns, make maintenance difficult. His eyes are a pretty shade of brown, and despite the fact he rarely ever smiles, the warm, intelligent look in his eyes reveals a good heart beneath his gruff exterior.

Oshi does not like bright colors, so his clothing is, by choice, very worn and drab. Hardly anything he owns is anything more than some muted shade of green, brown, or black, and while he's often forced to wear his tabi, he would much prefer to run around barefoot. He does have an ox's tail hidden under his clothing, but since it's easier to conceal than his horns (and he's already a bit touchy about those), he tends not to let it show.

Personality:

History:

Weapon:

Abilities:

Name: Kuon Mu

Zodiac Sign: DURAGON

Leitmotif:
    The Fun ends here.

Decent.

Appearance: Standing at 4'11, weighing in at 57kg. Short, but fairly average for her age. She has a pale complexion, that would make her seem albino if her eyes were red.

Her face is relatively human, besides two jagged yellow horns that grow on the side of her head, about a foot long, sweeping backwards and adding to her imposing visage. The horns and her ears are the most sensitive part of her body, usually making her shiver if a strong wind blows at them, or if someone touches them. She has sharp, reptilian teeth that are relatively retractable back into a white case that makes them resemble a normal human's. A slightly chiseled jawline makes her seem a little more masculine than how normal girls would look. Small, yellow spikes protrude from her skin at the back of her jaw, only visible close-up. Although her cheeks have a tiny touch of femininity to it, making her still identifiable as a female. She has long, red hair that accentuates her features well. She has a long fringe that usually covers one of her eyes, but only if she puts it down. Usually she pulls it over her ears, so it doesn't obscure her view. She has slit eyes, as a snake would have, but with a small circle around the slit that would make it look more reptilian, like a Lizard. The slits are black, surrounded by a yellow, vaguely gold pupil.

She has two rows of jagged, yellow spikes flowing from her neck down to her waist. They are small and too, can be retracted to resemble little fins, or even like patterns on her back. Her clothes are specifically designed to have holes for these spikes, and are weighed. She has a rather large rack for her age... It would fill a B-cup bra snugly. Her hands are small and soft, different from the rather manlier, tomboyish look she has. There is a large scar that trails from her left breast to her right abdomen, which few know of. Her shirt has a red cross, surrounded by a gold pentagram, and the rest is teal-greenish, that run up to her elbows. Upon the shoulders on her shirt are insignias that bear the mark of fire from the sky, more precisely, a meteor. They represent the "Descent of The Dragon." More on this in Abilities section. She wears a short teal skirt that reaches the middle of her knees. Her right arm, from the fingertips to the elbow, is wrapped in red bandages. They seem to somehow reflect light, just a little. She assures others that it's just an aesthetic effect, as it truly is. Under the bandages is the only part of her body that has scales. They function just as how scales would protect a part of a creature's body, and need to be kept moist and warm. This is why she usually goes into the bath with the bandages on. The scales resemble little shields that overlap one another, and are patterned to resemble a spiral down to her hand, which is the only part that is completely covered in scales. Since the scales lie above the skin, it makes her right arm seem just a tad larger than her left.

Personality:
    The Dragon is supposed to be a calm, yet ferocious being. Wise and all-knowledgeable. Respected and revered.

Kuon Mu, literally meaning Eternal Victory. Her name represents her strong will and dedication. She is aggressive towards anyone that goes out of their way to offend her. There is an air of arrogance and pride that swims forth from her manor of speech. Blunt and uncultured it may sound, rarely holding the wisdom that the Dragon would give to others. It is however, with thought and planning. Confidence and Bravado both play a part in her personality, taking up most of how she presents herself to others. Her mind is a complex one, filled with contradictions. She weighs the pros and cons of every situation, but never really uses them to decide on her actions. She may be strong and have heart that cannot be easily broken, her resolutions can be questionable at times. She listens to the advice others give her, and she remembers them. However, she does not take them to heart. She will be seen making the same mistakes over and over again until she herself experiences the change and understands the situation as a whole. Naturally, she makes a good leader due to how she can effectively boost the morale of those that follow her lead. This is due to the air of pride that she gives off. Even in the heat of battle, her charisma will be the driving force that others will take in to continue the fight.

She values friendship greatly, and knows the importance of it. She also respects and admires others who treat friendship sincerely. She fears little to nothing, but she gets affected mentally by those around her rather easily. It would be safe to say she "Fights for her friends" and if none of them are there she would have "Nothing to Fight for". She is seemingly unafraid of those that would and do overpower her, and instead grows to want to understand those that are far above her level. Though masked by her hot-blooded personality, she can plan well for situations if the need arises. Her role as a leader is not to lead, but it is to inspire and drive others to do what she herself believes she cannot. She believes that nothing is perfect, and she herself cannot achieve that perfection. She strives however, for others to obtain what she can't, unorthodox in a leader's position, but it still works out. In battle, her ferociousness and hunger are matched only by her vigor and will. She is willing to break through any wall, any barrier, anyone and anything to get the fight done. Holding hostages is a great way to force her to stop right in her tracks.

When alone with another person, her voice is much softer and gentler. The air of pride still persists, but she is generally easier to speak to and always seen with a faint smile upon her face. She forgives others easily as long as they apologize, and she believes those she thinks are friends. The only time doubt will cross her mind is when it is forced upon her by others who are also her friends. She gets embarrassed easily, even during confrontations. She blushes heavier than most and has a habit of covering half her face and turning away whenever she does.

History:
    [INSERT]

Weapon:
    Armlet of The King, the name for the scales and claw that are her right arm/hand.

Bladus Ultima, a naginata whose blade takes the shape of a Chinese and Western dragon circling one another, and whose shaft is a spiral of humps and curves that make out the two dragon's bodies.

Abilities:
    Crimson Ash, The Breath of The Dragon. The flames of the Dragon burn and incinerate all that stand before her. Self Explanatory.

Dhisu Force, The Strength of The Dragon. Within herself is the full strength a Dragon would be able to bring out. Although not as strong as the Ox, the Dragon's innate strength is enough to shatter solid rock. Confined to a small child, however, lowers the power of the Dhisu Force, giving her the capability to lift large objects and crack rock. Only from her right hand. Her left isn't as strong, but is still able to wield the Bladus.

Dragonfall, The Descent Of The Dragon. As the very Aspect of the Dragon, she is able to fade into flames and reform wherever there is fire. A spark is more than enough for her to emerge and descend down onto the ground like a raging inferno from the skies, or a meteor. Combat wise, this allows her to disappear into her own breath and reappear at the end of it. She can also spew flames into the sky, disappear and emerge from the heavens above to crash upon the ground to leave an impact crater. Other uses allow her to teleport to anywhere in her view that has a flame.
    Last edited by AzerWrath; 12th October 2013 at 9:06 AM.
    So the wrath of god in all its fury has been unlocked to welcome the death of evil,
    And all it portrays in the eyes of the good and just
    It shall be known that when the threat to mankind has been laid down to the lord.
    A sceptre of fire shall be driven through all its perpetrators.

Well, since everyone's into this whole WIP thing....

Name: 足南死 - (read as Ashi Nashi (lit. “No feet”) The kanji used for nashi mean south and death respectively, as Snake’s representative direction is South and it is believed that the Death God lives in that very direction)

Zodiac Sign: Snake

Leitmotif: (Musical Theme. Doesn’t have to be Oriental)

Appearance: Nashi is a short and very small boy, though considering his age and nationality it’s not really a wonder. He stand at mere 135 centimeters, and his constant leaning on his walking stick further takes away from that number. He’s lithe and his facial features delicate, leaving him looking terribly fragile and weak; both terms that describe him rather accurately. His skin is almost unnaturally smooth and very sensitive to both pain and touch, hence why you will find him retracting away from you if you attempt any sort of physical contact with him. His lips are thin and his teeth eerily white and sharp. His ears are hidden from sight by his thick, silky black hair that falls a little past his cheeks and licks at his neck from the back.

As his name suggests, Nashi’s feet aren’t completely functionable. They’re underdeveloped, wobbly and unable to support his weight without some kind of an aide; hence why he’s almost always seen leaning on a walking stick when standing upright. Needless to say, he’s unable to really run, and can’t walk for extended periods of time without proper rest in between miles. He’s a bit of a sickly-looking boy in general as well; thin, pale, and usually running out of breath and not being able to lift heavy things by himself. Most would deem him unsuit for combat from the get-go but then, most don’t know about his powers over the mind…

In general, there are two features that betray his true nature as the Snake Zodiac sign. First, his yellow eyes - mere glowing slits in their sockets, they always seem to have a certain sinister glow to them. “It’s as if he’s plotting something”, people usually say, and most of the time they aren’t wrong. Slightly sensitive to light, his eyes nevertheless enable Nashi some level of heat vision, making hiding from him extremely difficult even when it’s dark. The second feature is a tail constantly trailing behind him on the ground. Long, somewhat thick and very flexible, it helps him keep his balance whenever his feet threaten to fail him and his stick doesn’t feel adequate enough. His scales are a dark, glowy blue color, and on the tip of said tail is a brown rattle that is tied to his powers. It should also be noted that whenever he feels threatened or annoyed, he instinctively rattles his tail as well, so you can often guess his emotions even if his face doesn’t really show them.

As for clothing,

Personality: (Try using the basic personality of your sign as the base, and build from that. I expect good, complex characters that aren't all depressing)

History: (I don’t expect this to be long or detailed. Though, give off some important events of them as a Zodiac. Flash backs and regaining memories will be prominent after all)

Weapon: (A weapon based of your zodiac your character will receive from Amaterasu...)

Abilities:
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast