Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net Pokémon X/Y Discovery Thread

You get the Rocky Helmet in the Gatehouse between Ambrette and Route 9, from the female NPC.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 12th October 2013 at 11:47 PM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

These two ability images have cropped up from the Japanese version

Must be from Friend Safari as they're not in Hordes. Anyway, Goodra's ability here states that if a Pokémon makes contact with it, the opponent's Speed is reduced. It's called "Sticky" in Japanese. Talonflame's increases priority for Flying-type moves. Its Japanese name is "Fast Wings"

At level 34, Braixen learns Psyshock.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Ah, some new ability names. Just found the search function in the dex

Aroma Veil
    Bulletproof
    Gale Wings (presumably the one listed above)
    Gooey (presumably the one listed above)
    Grass Pelt
    Magician
    Symbiosis

Those are the only ones I don't recognise

A lady in the hotel in Cyllage gave me a snooze ribbon. She seems to be similar to the woman in Sunyshore City back in DP. I'll check back in half an hour and see if it's daily.

Also, an old woman references Lavaridge Town's hot spring.

Teirno battle on Route 5
    His single Pokemon, Corphish level 12, knows and leads with Swords Dance. Thankfully it's slow but sheesh

Sooooo the people in the hotels seem to change daily. The guests that were there earlier are gone. I'll check the other one in a few.

I wonder if this Pyschic on Route 10 has Seen DragonBall:
        Spoiler:

Yup, "Over 9000!"

Oh yeah, I've found some Shorts.. But they're Kinda Longer than I'd like.. But they're comfy and easy to wear.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

After Braixen evolves, it learns Mystical Fire.

Sorry I'm a bit behind, I had troubles at home, then I went for streetpasses.

Anyway, I was backtracking for things you get for Cut. To the right of Camphrier( on Route 5) lies two cut bushes. The lowest down has a low leveled youngster who also loves shorts. Higher up is where you get the Sharp Beak.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I used rock smash on the boulders in glittering cave and found Old Amber.

Messing with Battle Chataeu, I didn't realize that you gained EXP with this. I thought it was just like a battle facility.

Though I met Viola, not Korrina.

As for other items accessible from Cut, Route 3 has Revive, and Route 22 has Elixir.

I think I got a critical capture too, so that's still in.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 13th October 2013 at 6:08 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

This level 15 Hoppip has Fairy Wind, meaning it finally gets to have an actual attack other than Tackle before level 19

e: Level 15 Scatterbug had Bug Bite. This is about the level all the other catterpillars learn it so probably the same for it

e2: 8 people defeated, still no rank up. Incidentally, at the Baron rank they all have 1 pokemon, level 15.
    e3: Ah, the maid alerts you to a rank up upon exiting. I'm a viscount now

e4: Double battle at the end of route 7. You pair up with Serena (leads with Fletchling, level 15; Braizen level 16) against Trevor (Pikachu, level 14; Flabebe [orange], level 14 ) & Teirno (Corphish, level 16)

Swirlix learns Cotton Spore at level 17. I'm presuming it learns Cotton Guard later on but I wonder if it loses the ability to get the Cotton moves when it becomes whipped cream

Hoppip hordes on Route 7!

The Persim Berry tree is on Route 7 below the two cave entrances.

Also, it would be neat if we could somehow make a color-coded map for the Vivillon patterns. We could at least have the list of regions on the site.

Hoenn has disappointed.

A friend of mine I'm playing with has just found a Shiny Absol a few hours in. I really think the Shiny Encounter rate needs to be looked at some more. Even with all the people playing and able to report it seems like they're easier to encounter.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Just started raining on Route 9 after being clear skies

So far, I only managed to play my copy for 4 hours and I just recently got my first badge, and I'm currently at Route 22.

Anyway, here's just some interesting tidbits. It might be already mentioned in the other threads, but I'll post it anyway.

• When your Pokemon gets into critical health, you only get 3 warning beeps then it's gone. It's no longer as annoying as it was before. And there's no "Low HP theme" like Gen 5.
    • Every Pokemon only shows 2 different attack animations on the Summary screen.
    • You get higher chances of getting rare pastries or decoration/wallpapers from visitors in Poke-Amie if the 3 of them share the same type.
    • First Photo Spot is located in Aquacorde, although it's not yet available (based on my current progress).
    • Trainer classes I've encountered so far are: Youngster, Lass, Preschooler M, Preschooler F, Schoolgirl, Schoolboy, Roller Skater, and Rising Star.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

^I can consider the lack of a low HP theme a blessing.

Anyway, found another type boosting item, the Silver Powder is found by cutting a tree near Ambrette town and heading where the newly opened path is.

Hoenn has disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    ^I can consider the lack of a low HP theme a blessing.

Anyway, found another type boosting item, the Silver Powder is found by cutting a tree near Ambrette town and heading where the newly opened path is.
    Confirming that the Silver Powder is behind the cut tree just before you reach the caves.

Also horde battles with both Zangoose and Seviper, if they make any attacking moves, it will be aimed at the other species rather than your Pokemon until the other Pokemon is knocked out (though status moves such as Leer will still be directed at your Pokemon)

Also not sure if this has been mentioned, but normal running is limited to at most diagonal movement, while moving with the rollerskates or the bicycle are free to move in any direction (using the analog stick for roller skates/bike and walking/running in buildings, and the d-pad for normal walking/running)
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by Miror View Post
    Confirming that the Silver Powder is behind the cut tree just before you reach the caves.
    Forgot to mention "caves".

I've done some breeding tests with Ducklett, and I found out that Frogadier and Inkay are both Water 1 (unless GF wanted them to be birds, lol). I have a sneaking suspicion that Inkay is also Amorphous, but I don't know if I have a testing partner for that yet.

Hoenn has disappointed.

At level 26, Amaura learns Ancient Power. At level 26 it also proves to be the cutest Pokemon ever.

A friend of mine I'm playing with has just found a Shiny Absol a few hours in. I really think the Shiny Encounter rate needs to be looked at some more. Even with all the people playing and able to report it seems like they're easier to encounter.
    I'm not so worried myself, because it tends to seem this way every gen from experience of the number of shiny stories when a new game comes out. This game has sold millions of copies and basically came out everywhere at the same time, and with the likes of horde battles (5 chances at once for a shiny, not just 1) and more in the way of ease of sharing such info in social media, I'm not surprised by the number of reports of shiny Pokemon.

Not too much to report than hasn't been said already, not had much time to play too much and still not up to the 2nd gym. Honedge gets Pursuit at level 14, and Automise at 18. Floette gets Wish on level 20, Pancham Slash on 20 or 21, and Bunnelby Mud-slap by level 13.

The GTS system seems nicer now, and it's not just the fact that probably most people haven't gotten up to seeing legendaries so they can ask for level 9s of them. :V There's an option where you can not include searches for Pokemon when the person wants a 'special Pokemon', so I assume it means legendaries. That's a good way to combat it. And then there's the fact that when it lists people offering the Pokemon, it no longer cuts off at 8 - it keeps going! Much nicer. (A hint to people - starter bait will be a good way for you to get what you want, I'd wager. Breed with ditto when you get them and to the day care).

Random trade is quick and easy. Bunch of rubbish here and there (early route Pokemon =/), but I got some neat things (Driftloon, Kecleon, Timid Synchronise Abra for example).
    Last edited by bobandbill; 13th October 2013 at 9:55 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Sorry my input seemed to start late

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kalos

Done this. Locations may be incomplete. I ran through with the dex and my notes so let me know if anything is a bit screwy.

Hope to have trainers by tomorrow (I jotted them all down as I encountered them)

Delphox learns Flamethrower at level 42.

Amaura learns Avalanche at level 34.
    Last edited by Kreis; 13th October 2013 at 10:42 AM.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast