Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net Pokémon X/Y Discovery Thread

http://www.serebii.net/xy/ingametrade.shtml In-Game trade page. Let me know if you spotted one I have missed!

Oh, so just checked PMs and people spotted Mawilite in Shabboneau Castle...they're in buildings. This changes things a bit...frustratingly..

Time to loop round important buildings (I hope to god that they aren't in random houses)

Checked all the important buildings. Nothing.

Right, one last thing before I head to my slumber...thanks to Malloxcorp for pointing out the location to me. It's in the most evil place ever. If Aggronite/Tyranitarite are the same, then damn you GameFreak. Right behind Abomasnow so you can't even see it

Mega Scizor. Bug/Steel-type. Ability Technician

A pic from a different angle

A select group of members and moderators will be assisting with discoveries. Please see the first post to see which games they'll be using to post their discoveries.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Alright, I've been playing. Not very far at all, but a bit of info that's more flavour than content. Joe's way too far ahead for me and I have uni stuff. =p

Lots of Pokemon available! The forest is quite early on and it's full of stuff. Catapie, Weedle, all three monkeys from BW, Pikachu, Scatterbug, etc. No shaking grass of note, at least here.

Annoyingly it seems the first town has no PC? =/ So now I'm actually bothering to get out of the forest and to the next town to maybe snag a low quality picture of a lil' SHINY Pikachu I found. :V

Minor notes - two shops in the first town, one selling pokeballs, one potions. Premier ball deal still exists too which is nice, and there's the typical shopkeeper in town who gives you a potion. 1st forest has mostly healing items on the ground, and you get one of your rivals to follow you round and act as a healer when you talk to them 1st time through.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fashion Focus: Team Magma and Team Aqua! What's the verdict on the new outfits?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

On the PC system!

Someone's PC, Professor's PC, log out options as usual. Move Pokemon option is now called Organise Boxes, seems to be the same otherwise.

7 initial boxes, plus battle. Putting a poke in each box and quitting out pushes it up to 15 boxes. Need some more pokes to push that up again though.

Shiny Pikachu from bad phone camera - really not missing much due to poor pic quality, but it's the same colour as before (last picture is of a regular one for comparison).
        Spoiler:

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Current article: Fashion Focus: Team Magma and Team Aqua! What's the verdict on the new outfits?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Just Starting: Well. The old ABC... Table of text entry from older gens have gone from English games, being replaced by the Qwerty Keyboard.

At least, I've Started. As Miké. And lets check some communication functions out first.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com is up and running.. and I've just registered with my Main account. And Sadly that's all I can do for now.

With a Pile of other players saying Hi to me... The only think I can say is "Science is amazing." I may have quoted someone.

Hitting B is available from the start. Sweet.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

As for the bag system. It shows your party on the screen when looking for items, so that's neat I suppose. Item (including balls) pocket, medicine, TMs/HMs, berries, key. Can auto-sort by type, name, or quantity.

I'll add that if you need to get to the PC then trainers are not too hard to dodge.

Items I found so far:
    You start off with a potion.
    Aquacorde Town

Shop person to right side of centre town gives you a Potion.
    You can buy Potions and Pokeballs (with Premier Ball bonus for buying 10).

Route 2 - get given Poke balls. (10).

Santalune Forest:

Potions (immediately right of entrance, one up and to the left from entrance), and one near the end of the forest route (straight south of north exit.
    Antidote - one straight left from entrance.
    Pokeball - given to you by a rival at the north exit if you talk to them. Another straight south and then right from north entrance, past a Lass trainer.
    Paralyze Heal (look ma, I have an e now!) - rival with you gives you it on rightmost stretch of forest (mini-cutscene).

There's an item behind a Cut tree in the route following too.

You have some cakes already for the Pokemon Amie too (available as soon as you get your starter!). Can also do super training. Did one as a test, then got a special training bag that the Pokemon broke and apparently increases points I get in the minigame next time if I make successive shots.

Also, at least with Fennekin, it starts with Ember at level 5. :V Very easy rival battle considering type advantage! Got Howl on level 11, iirc.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 12th October 2013 at 1:30 AM.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

I can Confirm most of BobandBills's statements.

Potion North West of South Entrance.(Image taken on Place.) EDIT: BnB mentioned this one.

Female Pikachu's still have the "cut" in their tails. EDIT: Mine has a Light ball!! She's so going teach Volt Tackle when she can a willing partner.

When in the Santalune Forest, Shauna is following you and can heal your Pokémon outside battles.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Scatterbug learns Stun Spore on level 6. Otherwise stuck with Tackle. :V Didn't evolve on level 7! Nor 8! A bit annoying. =p Also wild Azurill have Water gun.

Next upgrade to number of boxes gives 23. I suppose it'll go beyond that too.

Route 3:
    Super potion below ledge by schoolkid (go south, right, south from north/Santalune exit) - alt, go straight south into grass, then right.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

I'll confirm that Stun Spore won't work on Pikachu (ie electric types) too, so they really can't be paralysed it seems. Scatterbug decided to evolve on level 9, for those curious. (The evolution sequence is shiny). Learns Protect.

Dunsparce is also on route 3 (seems rare). And knows Rollout. :V

Mart in Pokemon centre, at least pre gym, has guy selling all the X items (X Special, etc -_-). Other guy there just sold Poke Balls and Potions.

Also a hat shop next to the centre/mart. Lots of hats. Pricey hats. :B

Santalune town:
    Kid in house behind the hat shop (row of houses directly north of the Centre/Mart) gives you a great Ball.
    Teacher in Trainer School gives you X Attacks. And X Defences. 3 of each! Great, stuff to sell. =p

Also Psyduck looks deep into your very soul in 3D.

The ingame trade for a Farfetch'd had it come at level 10, rather than matching the level Pokemon I gave him (it was 2 :V). It having a-ace and Jolly nature is nice. ;p Called Quacklin' though.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 12th October 2013 at 2:11 AM.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Youngster Joey Returns, has Scatterbug Lv3, Fletching Lv3. (No Rattata, not even in the Top Percentage.)

Anway Lv 2 Caterpies vs Pidgeys... It seems Familiar: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bign...e0ea1.jpg.html There's also Weedles in the forest, too!

Pidgey Learns Sand Attack @ Lv 5, like every other game.

EDIT: The Forest Map is almost a copy of Viridian Forest.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Route 4 has another cut tree blocking an item to the northern corner.
    Super potion straight left from right exit (to the Pokemon league), past two ledges. Even more pokes to catch too there.

Fennekin got Flame Charge on level 14, and it looks pretty.

And Vivillion is indeed obtained on level 12. For you Australians, mine has the River Pattern form (Brown-orangy top wings, blue bottom wings). Learnt Struggle Bug (50 BP).

As that's what I wanted to aim for, going to focus more on uni work now so playing is in the background. :V Still, will take another break later.

Also: dang, saving is quick.

Beat up a trainer by the Pokemon gym and she'll give you the roller skates too. All she has is a level 7 Zigzagoon, so that's easy. :V
    Last edited by bobandbill; 12th October 2013 at 2:57 AM.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

I don't have much to report, but because Vivillon's patterns is seemingly based on countries, and states in the US. I can say that Texas gets the Modern pattern.

I also love how despite my Froakie is both poisoned and Infested, it still manage to pull through.

Edit: Also, I believe like weather moves, they nerfed Mud/Water Sport to last only some number of turns.
    Last edited by Auraninja; 12th October 2013 at 3:03 AM.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Got to Santalune City and Got a new hat.. Not sure about it though, I think a Towering Pillar of hats is what I want. (Not a Pokémon Link.)

I'm calling it a night. I'll need to get X from the store in the morning. I downloaded Y.

For you who Soft Reset: L+R+Start+Select works. And I've Downloaded the Torchic Wondercard. EDIT: Apparently, Select isn't required to SR now.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I really want to see bobandbill's Vivillon. IT sound so lovely
    Alrighty!
        Spoiler:- More subpar pics:

Braixen on level 16. It has a bunch of animations when you tap it on the status screen, most of them it twirling the branch when it's on fire. Very nice.

The gym is easy with it, and Viola's Surskit does indeed go for Water Sport asap though when facing it. She uses a Potion.
        Spoiler:- Gym details:

Notably, her Vivillon is of the pink/Japanese pattern. Gym leader battle music is decent. She has some photography in the opening room too. One which has the exit from the gym behind it, haha.

Shop upgrades after first badge: Great Ball, Super potion, standard status healing items, escape rope, repel.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 12th October 2013 at 3:21 AM.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

My Pansear knows a new Normal type move called Play Nice, which lowers the opponents attack

Thought I'd mention that the party interface is much easier to use too, you can drag and drop Pokemon and items to switch them.

Hats I'm seeing in Santalune City.

red Logo Cap 800/gray button accessory 500
    black Logo Cap 800/ pink button accessory 500
    orange knit cap 800/ purple button accessory 500
    olive camo cap 800/ lime green button accessory 500
    black outdoors cap 3100/ red feather accessory 1400

There you go.

Edit: This is what I'm getting at least.
    Last edited by Auraninja; 12th October 2013 at 3:34 AM.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!

Couple of Sabtalune Forest trainers:

Lass Anna - Pikachu lv 5
    Lass Lise - Scatterbug lv 2/ Bunnelby lv 4

Poison Barb located. After the Skating Arena in Route 4, there is a fence at the beginning in the middle of the route. It is behind that fence.

Here are my discoveries:

Multi-Player Features:

Team Preview returns and you can't turn it off (experimented in a local battle, this will definitely be the same in other forms of battle except for maybe infrared) so no changes here.

Auto leveling to level 100 is nowhere to be seen.

Wi-Fi play in terms of rules is a carbon copy of local play.

Rules you can change:

• No. of Pokémon (Can be flat rules with 3v3 or full 6v6)
    • Pokémon Level (Level 50 to unrestricted)
    • Special Pokémon (Stuff such as Jirachi and Mewtwo)
    • Same Pokémon (Turn Species Clause on or off)
    • Same Items (Item Clause on or off)
    • Handicap (No idea what this is but you can turn on or off)

You can enter multi-player from anywhere on the world map from the PSS.

To actually connect to the internet press the blue pulsating button on the touch screen (it's at the top).

Battle Spot is where you do ranked random battles it seems. Online competitions happen here as well.

To access this press the icon with 9 yellows dots on the PSS screen on the touch screen and then press the Battle Spot button.

Trading happens by pressing the same yellow dot icon.

GTS is found by pressing the same button.

Game Sync as well as PSS settings among others can also be accessed by pressing that icon. They're split into to two groups so press the right arrow to go to the second group.

Doing local and friend battles happens by simply pressing the battle button in the same window.

Infrared is an option (=/ does anyone use this....).

To do friend battles click Battle with Someone Far Away and choose your rules. When you confirm your friends should appear on the top.

You can even challenge random people in this menu it seems (they appear in the Passersby category) so in some ways this might be an un-ranked battle finder but they can decline a challenge. With this feature I believe it's possible to do random 6v6 battles with complete strangers which some people may like but don't quote me on this.

Ranked battles are likely the same as Gen V so that's 3v3 Flat rules with special Pokemon banned, item clause and all that fun stuff. Also if you hate weather teams they are now nerfed so each instant weather last the same time as Sandstorm and Rain Dance.

Super Training

You do two tutorials before unlocking level 1 where you can train for each stat category.
    As of right now there are 3 levels that can be unlocked by playing normally. I believe there is a higher level which contains mega evos as balloons but I don't know how to unlock it yet.

You unlock a new level by completing each stat mini-game in the current set at-least once.

Level 1: +4 in any stat you choose to raise.
    Level 2: +8 in any stat you choose to raise.
    Level 3: +12 in any stat you choose to raise.

The game I played was football. You use the stylus to shoot balls into the nets hitting their weak spots. Hold on the touchscreen with the stylus to charge shots. Hold for too long and you lose the charge. Charge shots give you higher points which means you can complete the mini-game faster providing you don't get hit. The balloons can attack you and each hit you take causes you to lose points.

Completing a mini-game gives you a punching bag you can use to raise your Pokemon's stats if you're feeling a bit lazy. These bags give the same boosts as the mini-game you got them from and of course you can get different bags which can give you more boosts (up to 12 but that's at level 3 and those mini-games can get a bit tricky and chaotic so I recommend doing level if you wanna get lots of them quickly).

You earn a medal on each mini-game for completing each mini-game fast and effectively. These only appear on the mini-game select screen on the actual mini-game you completed and scored well in and then are locked the the pokemon you used to complete them. When you go challenge the mini-game again with another Pokemon the medal won't appear next to it. Replaying the mini-game with the Pokemon that scored well will cause the medal to appear again before you select the game.

Your Pokemon can fall asleep on the Super Training screen (before selecting the football game). Just tap them to wake them up.

Pokémon

Lucario's nature in the Tower of Mastery is fixed to Hasty.

The Snorlax you encounter is random every time so if you want to try for another nature go ahead (but it's hard to catch sometimes).

The Kanto starters can be obtained after Gym 1. Just play the game as usual till you get to Luminose City.

If you want to reset for natures on them save before fighting the professor.

Your rivals don't get the Kanto starters (from what I've seen so far).

(I personally prefer a Hasty or Naive nature on Charmander as it doesn't hamper it's attack stat plus the Mega Evolutions can be more versatile but that's just me).

Other Stuff

To use registered items hit the Y button. You can register up to 4. To use the others hit the Y button again and use the D-Pad to select them.

If for whatever reason you want to delete your save file, the new combination is Up + B + X.

It doesn't get dark till like 10pm and you will only really notice it in battles tbh. Day time starts at 4am.

You can change the background for the pokemon battle menu in the options menu.

The Battle Chateau works like this. Talk to every person you see to initiate a battle. Beat everyone in that facility to raise your rank there. Your rank raises when you try and leave (the lady at the door will stop you). If she doesn't stop you, you didn't ravage everyone (enter every door to see if you missed someone). The higher your rank, the harder your opponents are the next time you go in (that was implied but my memory has seen better days so that could be wrong).

The Battle Chateau is just after catching Snorlax, which is on the way to Gym 2.

Be warned the distance from Gym 1 to 2 is long so you'll be running around for a while. You won't get lost (if you manage to, well....).

You can get the bike from Cyllage City. You have a choice of Green or Yellow.

You get the Mega Ring which unlocks Mega Evolutions in Shalour City. If you play well you will have access to 2 Mega Pokemon (your Kanto starter fully evolved and Lucario which is obtained after beating the leader of that town on top of the Tower of Mastery). If your Kanto starter is still at stage 2 then it should evolve soon.

L = A returns.
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 12th October 2013 at 3:42 PM.

I bought X&Y, decided to use X as my main game. I downloaded my 2 Torchics from each game.

Things I don't like in the game: Random group of people trying to be my friends and give me a nickname. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to become america's next top model.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast