Page 116 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3359

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    After lots of effort involving breeding, IV selection and leveling painfully to 50 via pkmn league I finally defeated the Battle mansion single train (20consec battles). The most painful part was breeding with pokemon that did not like each other and then leveling to 50 took several completing rounds of the pokemon league which was almost all day. After that, getting lucky with the pokemon you faced to streak 20 did make a difference. The amount of times I lost at 17,18,19 was a lot. If the boss starts off with Purugly you will have a hard time! Mega Lucario with almost max speed IV was not able to outrun Purugly. The first attack of Purugly is hypnosis. I was luckily able to survive 3 turns , woke up and then Close combat to one shot the poke. One shot Wigglytuff because its very slow but Grumpig took 2 turns which was okay, i had 2 other fast pokes waiting to fight.
    In future, you should get into the habit of using the Battle Chateau, and perhaps use the E4 while waiting for it to regenerate after defeating everyone there at the time. With the Black Writ of Challenge, a Lucky Egg, the Exp-boosting power, and the presence of high-level Audino teams, you can get heaps of experience in a relatively short time. The other Marquis/Marchioness/Duke/Duchess trainers give a lot of experience, and Diantha will give a lot, too, when she shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    In future, you should get into the habit of using the Battle Chateau, and perhaps use the E4 while waiting for it to regenerate after defeating everyone there at the time. With the Black Writ of Challenge, a Lucky Egg, the Exp-boosting power, and the presence of high-level Audino teams, you can get heaps of experience in a relatively short time. The other Marquis/Marchioness/Duke/Duchess trainers give a lot of experience, and Diantha will give a lot, too, when she shows up.
    Restaurant Le Wow works even better with a Lucky Egg(s) & Exp. Power Lv3 which lasts through all 5 battles regardless of the time it takes to finish.
    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

List of Gen V TMs that no longer exist in Gen VI:

Telekinesis (TM19, replaced with Roost)
    Ally Switch (TM51, replaced with Steel Wing)
    Work Up (TM81, replaced with Infestation)
    Pluck (TM88, replaced with Sleep Talk)
    Dive (HM06, not replaced)

I'm sure we all missed these.

I'm surprised they bothered keeping Sky Drop and Quash as TMs, considering how few Pokemon are capable of even learning them.

I wish they'd bring back TMs like Focus Punch and Avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

I miss Dive. #HoennRemakes

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm surprised they bothered keeping Sky Drop and Quash as TMs, considering how few Pokemon are capable of even learning them.

I wish they'd bring back TMs like Focus Punch and Avalanche.
    I'm surprised they made Quash a move in the first place. Focus Punch, Giga Drain, Stealth Rock Dragon Pulse. Why aren't TM's like these around anymore?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Actually, Pluck is missed, because not everybody gets Acrobatics, Drill Peck or Brave Bird(see Choice Band Archeops, Unfezant). It also gave Rattata and Bidoof Flying coverage for in-game.

Work Up is also missed because it was a near universal TM that allowed for Pokémon with no stat boosting options to gain a stat booster. It wasn't useful competitively, but it was good in-game, like Pluck.

Ally Switch is actually more accessible now, and Telekinesis should be accessible as a Move Tutor two years later along with Dive. So they aren't exactly missed even if Telekinesis is a fun doubles gimmick that needs to be buffed a bit to be used seriously.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

If you saved a Battle Video, do Mock Battles with Imposter Ditto and Frisk anything to record full movesets and items.
    That is a good idea. I'll have to save the record next time I get to 20. Will need to fiddle around with my choice scraf so I can knock out that Primeape before it it one shots my pokes.

Take 2 of Battle mansion Doubles. Choice Scarf to Chandelure, was able to strike first and took out the OP Primeape. After that just used Mega Lucario to wipe out everyone with Close combat. Had 3/4 of team standing.
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 12th November 2013 at 10:46 AM.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

I found something. I was trying to get a scope lens, on the itemdex it just says Lumiose City (very specific, like saying it's in Hoenn when playing RSE :P). Going to lumiose city's pokearth page gave me more though, shutterbug cafe. However, some googling found me the following: you need to have a specific number of photo's, to get certain items. Apparently:
    Wide Lens (1-14 Photos)
    Scope Lens (15-29 Photos)
    Zoom Lens (30+ )
    Currently testing this. Already had the wide lens and 13 photo's. Will edit this post to confirm it.

EDIT: I can confirm 15 photo's gets you the Scope Lens
    EDIT2: 29 photo's doesn't yield anything, one more to go...
    EDIT3: 30 gets you a Zoom Lens. The guy now says: "You've totally gone beyond a pro like me". so I figure that's it.
    The Zoom Lens item isn't listed in the itemdex, nor pokearth. Guess I really discovered something Well google helped, I should give credit to this, where I found it: http://www.marriland.com/forums/poke...39-photo-spots

For those wondering, I just flew to Anistar and took a couple of pictures in a row, checked back at 20, 25 and 29. So it doesn't need to be different spots. I did already have a photo of every spot though.
    Last edited by bign0se; 12th November 2013 at 7:52 PM.
    Pokemon X
    http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/M-322-0034-S/timeline
    3DS FC: 3239-2904-2693. Please PM me when you add me with yours. Normal: Minccino, Smeargle, Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Actually, Pluck is missed, because not everybody gets Acrobatics, Drill Peck or Brave Bird(see Choice Band Archeops, Unfezant). It also gave Rattata and Bidoof Flying coverage for in-game.

Work Up is also missed because it was a near universal TM that allowed for Pokémon with no stat boosting options to gain a stat booster. It wasn't useful competitively, but it was good in-game, like Pluck.

Ally Switch is actually more accessible now, and Telekinesis should be accessible as a Move Tutor two years later along with Dive. So they aren't exactly missed even if Telekinesis is a fun doubles gimmick that needs to be buffed a bit to be used seriously.
    Pluck is not a miss for anybody unless a gimmicky because there's Aerial Ace, which has --% accuracy and it's available to all of Pluck users (at least, the ones who are playable in a tier).

Work Up is the only a bit problematic because even though it's not exactly great, it was learned from all of Normal anmd Fighting Pokemon.

The other two are a negligle loss for competitive, even in doubles given his distribution of the former, and utility of the latter.

About the returning TMs:
    Roost is one of the missign TM from Gen IV. Same with Sleep Talk (specially because sleep is back to Gen IV mechanics) and Dark Pulse.
    I'm surprised woith Steel Wing because I expected Iron Tail more And I am very surprised of Dragon Pulse not returning.
    Infestation is there to showcase something new.

In general, this gen is apart of the gen woith less pokemon, it's the gen with less moves. And in damaging moves, or there are Fairy type, gimmicky, or nothing. And the TM list is similar: 4 returning TMs and 4 new TMs.

The last TM 100 is a new move learned Confide which I'm surprised that this hasn't got anything in Smogonń As a move, makes the oponnent lower the Special Attack. You aren't going to use a move for that, but has another effect removes the ability of the target. In some case, makes the pokemon unusable and forces switches. And the best part: it's an universal TM.

Can we request website updates here? I'd like to see egg groups list on the pages that show what pokemon can learn a move.
    Friend Code: 3909-7680-7010
    My Type: Flying(Farfetch'd, Woobat, and Rufflet)

Spoiler:- My Breeding Projects/Breeder Trades:

Just saw something really odd happen.. I was battling in ranked online and a Garchomp used substitute, but my attack went right through and KO'ed him... I was using a Volcarona with focus sash and flame body ability, and I attacked with bug buzz. Does this attack ignore substitute or something? I tried searching google about this and found nothing. Maybe I'm just missing something?

Here's the replay if anyone is interested: RG2W-WWWW-WWW2-R6Y4
    My 3ds friend code: 4141 - 2396 - 6096 (Ghost safari)
    PM me with your FC if you want me to add you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    The last TM 100 is a new move learned Confide which I'm surprised that this hasn't got anything in Smogonń As a move, makes the oponnent lower the Special Attack. You aren't going to use a move for that, but has another effect removes the ability of the target. In some case, makes the pokemon unusable and forces switches. And the best part: it's an universal TM.
    Losing its ability to concentrate =/= losing its Ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelg View Post
    Just saw something really odd happen.. I was battling in ranked online and a Garchomp used substitute, but my attack went right through and KO'ed him... I was using a Volcarona with focus sash and flame body ability, and I attacked with bug buzz. Does this attack ignore substitute or something? I tried searching google about this and found nothing. Maybe I'm just missing something?

Here's the replay if anyone is interested: RG2W-WWWW-WWW2-R6Y4
    All sound attacks and attacks from Pokémon with the Infiltrator Ability pass through Substitutes now.

Ah, I see. Did not know that.
    My 3ds friend code: 4141 - 2396 - 6096 (Ghost safari)
    PM me with your FC if you want me to add you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    All sound attacks and attacks from Pokémon with the Infiltrator Ability pass through Substitutes now.
    All sound based moves bypass substitutes now, regardless of ability.
    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

I think it should be noted that when the Battle Chantelaines show up in the Multi Battle challenge, the game randomly picks two of the four to fight you, on top of choosing two of their Pokemon at random, as well.

Makes it kind of hard to prepare in advance.

I readed something that kinda confirms what I was thinking about: the IV spread of the next egg is setted even before you left the pokémon with the daycare.

Let´s say you save in front the daycare and them give her 2 pokémon, one of them with destiny knot. Then, the egg hatches and you check the IV spreads: HP, Attack and Defense from dad, SP Attack and SP def from mother, and a random Speed.

If you reset and left ANY pokémon there, the spread will be the same. If you use a dad with perfect HP, ATT and DEF, and a mother with perfect SP Att and SP Def, you wil get a 31/31/31/31/31/x offspring. I believe if one of them has 31 Spe and a Power Anklet, you can have a perfect IV mon!

Is this knowed yet? Can someone test?
    Last edited by Leonsoares; 13th November 2013 at 4:13 PM.
    Playing Pokémon X, my FC is 0490-5631-6727.
    Add and PM me!

Pretty sure Iron Tail is missing too.

I officially own Pikachu!

Looking For:
    Pokemon: Pikachu/Pichu
    Shiny: No
    Nature: Timid, Adament or some other decent nature
    Hidden Ability: Not necessary, but obviously would be nice
    Egg Moves: Volt Tackle
    IV's: Preferably decent
    I can trade exclusives from both games and a level 50 Garchomp with Dragon Claw and Dig, holding a Dragon Fang

Quote Originally Posted by ULiopleurodon View Post
    Pretty sure Iron Tail is missing too.
    Iron Tail has been gone since Gen 5, though, with Smack Down taking its place. He's talking specifically about TM's that got replaced in the transition from 5th to 6th Gen.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post

Rattatta learned pluck? I do miss that move.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Mime Senior View Post
    All sound based moves bypass substitutes now, regardless of ability.
    Yes, that's what I said.

It depresses me that they still want to give good moves like Boomburst to Pokemon who can't even use them effectively like Taillow.

I also wish Serebii could share which moves have been tested on each Pokemon so far.

Should I mention this here?

You can also find Purple and Green Trees in Route 22. The main Serebii page doesn't mention that.

Has anyone figured out what the Celebration move does, the one on the eeveelutions being given in Pokemon Centers in Japan?

Has Sacred Sword been changed this generation? I've heard its PP has been reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    Has anyone figured out what the Celebration move does, the one on the eeveelutions being given in Pokemon Centers in Japan?
    I read somewhere that you receive a special message on your birthday, but who knows if that's true.

What will happen if Flying Press is used against Shedinja? Will it kill it (owing to the Flying-part effect) or will it miss (since it is Fighting move)?

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Page 116 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast