Page 112 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3359

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Spiritomb has been able to learn Grudge since the generation it was introduced in
    its not listed in the x and y dex... I haven't used one or even seen the move (surprisingly), and when I was looking up the move's effects, it wasn't listed under learn able. Must have been an error.
    My friend Code: 1263-6264-1319 (Kindly call me Corey!) Message me so that I can add you back!!!
    Friend Safari:
    :Psychic:- -

I'm guessing that we most likely aren't going to be seeing any new egg moves on the old Pokemon in the maison, considering that almost all of them have movesets identical to what they were in gen 5.

The only ones who got any changes that I've noticed are the Pokemon who gained the Fairy type or are capable of learning Dazzling Gleam.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    EV Training has been around since Generation I. It's accessible to anyone with a bit of research and a bit of patience, more so now that Pokérus is such a cheap thing in the online trading scene.
    The point. <----------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------->You.

EV Training was just a tangential reference to the topic. What's more, Super Training still makes it even *more* accessible, regardless of how accessible it has been in the past.

I still believe on my stand on timing. Putting the tutors NOW will make less people work with the new Pokémon and discover their potential because many would just go with old favorites instead of trying something new. You want to do all those things you said, wait for the Z or whatever the later game which I am almost a 100% sure would have the tutor.
    I'll grant you that. The timing of it does cause people to experiment and makes sense from a business persepctive.

However, and perhaps I was unclear before, I'm more specifically referencing Move Tutor/TM moves that are exclusive to previous gens. And while Pokémon Z will probably have a Move Tutor, it's unlikely to have all of the moves from even Gen 5, let alone Gens 3 and 4. Like, if I taught Chimecho Shock Wave or Rollout. Then I would want to be able to still breed that move onto other Chimechos after I transfer it up to Gen 6. Currently my only option is to do all of my IV breeding in that previous gen game without any of the enhanced breeding mechanics that later gens have added, then teach it the move, then transfer it. I'd rather teach it the move, transfer it, and then start IV breeding with all of the newer mechanics and have it hatch in a nice Luxury Ball to speed up the friendship grinding.

And so I maintain that I would like to see a feature added where any move that a Pokémon can use (whether via level up, TM, Move Tutor, or Egg Moves) becomes a breedable move if both parents know it. Alternatively, I wouldn't say no to a more comprehensive Move Tutor in this generation that teaches all of the previous generations' moves. Though I do feel that the latter would make things a little *too* easy, but that seems to be a theme in this generation, so what do I know? However, those are only my opinions and they are also divergent from the topic of this thread, so I think I'll let that summary be my final word on the matter here.
    Pokémon X: 1693-0973-8659
    Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen

Pokémon Black 2:

Quote Originally Posted by IceManC86 View Post
    its not listed in the x and y dex... I haven't used one or even seen the move (surprisingly), and when I was looking up the move's effects, it wasn't listed under learn able. Must have been an error.
    That's because it's an egg move, and Spiritomb's egg moves haven't been fully tested in X/Y yet, so they're not listed on the XY Dex. If you drop it back to the B/W Dex, you'll see that Grudge was an egg move for Spiritomb, and presumably still is.

There's one Egg move that I wanna know but we can't test it until PokeBank.

Milotic with Recover breeding with Goodra.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Have noticed how much more care it takes to grow Liechi and Petaya Berries than most other types of berries (but I haven't gotten every type of berry yet). They take about twice as long as other berries to fully grow, weeds and pokemon in them seem more common, and they require water much more frequently.

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Was surprised to get a HA Charmander (by luck, female and only 2nd egg) from breeding a Charmander with Garchomp, thought it had to be same Pokemon family or Ditto.
    3DS FC friend code: 1220-7185-1607
    X IGN: Morvoren
    FS - Bug: Venomoth , Ledyba, Beautifly

OR IGN: Morvoren

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveon1316 View Post
    The point. <----------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------->You.

EV Training was just a tangential reference to the topic. What's more, Super Training still makes it even *more* accessible, regardless of how accessible it has been in the past.
    I'm just saying that your point or reference to EV training being more accessible to everyone is, well, not really a point. It always has been accessible to everyone, and it's a matter of being able to find that information rather than the game itself. I would agree that Super-Training's meters would make people curious about it, but most of those new to the thing would still need to read about it online to grasp it.

The "more" part you mentioned is qualitative and arguable, as there were still a lot of people wondering what that bar and octagon thing is, and some outright just being confused even after being explained to them. Take a gander at some IGN comments and Penny-Arcade.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveon1316 View Post
    I'll grant you that. The timing of it does cause people to experiment and makes sense from a business persepctive.

However, and perhaps I was unclear before, I'm more specifically referencing Move Tutor/TM moves that are exclusive to previous gens. And while Pokémon Z will probably have a Move Tutor, it's unlikely to have all of the moves from even Gen 5, let alone Gens 3 and 4. Like, if I taught Chimecho Shock Wave or Rollout. Then I would want to be able to still breed that move onto other Chimechos after I transfer it up to Gen 6. Currently my only option is to do all of my IV breeding in that previous gen game without any of the enhanced breeding mechanics that later gens have added, then teach it the move, then transfer it. I'd rather teach it the move, transfer it, and then start IV breeding with all of the newer mechanics and have it hatch in a nice Luxury Ball to speed up the friendship grinding.

And so I maintain that I would like to see a feature added where any move that a Pokémon can use (whether via level up, TM, Move Tutor, or Egg Moves) becomes a breedable move if both parents know it. Alternatively, I wouldn't say no to a more comprehensive Move Tutor in this generation that teaches all of the previous generations' moves. Though I do feel that the latter would make things a little *too* easy, but that seems to be a theme in this generation, so what do I know? However, those are only my opinions and they are also divergent from the topic of this thread, so I think I'll let that summary be my final word on the matter here.
    I would say that making the All-Tutor is more viable and more feasible. BW2 featured the most number of tutorable moves, and adding another NPC worth of new moves is not farfetched. My issue with breeding tutorable moves makes tutors in itself useless. As far as I know the game doesn't discriminate who the father (or mother, at this point) is but rather if the move can be learned by child. So by breeding with, say Smeargle, it just becomes an egg move now. Or by sharing the Pokémon around everybody can breed that move right from the get go. Sooner or later nobody will be using the tutor.

And getting the necessary resources to teach moves (Battle Points, shards, etc.) aren't exactly a walk in the park either. With good moves getting stiff amounts, you have to be sure you are going to commit to that Pokémon getting the move.

I could mention other things such as nerfing, removal of moves, game balance, etc., but I really can't say that until the Bank opens up, all discoveries are filed, documented and available, and the metagame becomes stabilized. If I'm not mistaken, what you're asking for already has happened: Chansey which used to only get Seismic Toss through the Generation III tutor can now learn it as an egg move. I'm willing to bet many other such cases will happen, even if not all.

I understand what you mean by the hardships of IV breeding, believe me, I do. I need a Defog Gliscor. But it's only taught in Generation IV, and that's the only way Gliscor can get it, ever. I would like to breed it here because it is easier to get a 5 perfect IV here, but you really can't win `em all.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by MegaAbsol View Post
    Was surprised to get a HA Charmander (by luck, female and only 2nd egg) from breeding a Charmander with Garchomp, thought it had to be same Pokemon family or Ditto.
    What was the gender of your Charmander?
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I'm just saying that your point or reference to EV training being more accessible to everyone is, well, not really a point. It always has been accessible to everyone, and it's a matter of being able to find that information rather than the game itself. I would agree that Super-Training's meters would make people curious about it, but most of those new to the thing would still need to read about it online to grasp it.

The "more" part you mentioned is qualitative and arguable, as there were still a lot of people wondering what that bar and octagon thing is, and some outright just being confused even after being explained to them. Take a gander at some IGN comments and Penny-Arcade.
    You'd need to read about it online to *fully* grasp it, but "raises your base stats" is the basic concept and most people get that. It's the same principle as the vitamins and I've seen blind LP'ers grasp that well enough.

And while the finer paramaters of "how much more accessible" are subjective and qualitative, the pure and simple fact of "more accessible than it was before" remains true.

I would say that making the All-Tutor is more viable and more feasible. BW2 featured the most number of tutorable moves, and adding another NPC worth of new moves is not farfetched. My issue with breeding tutorable moves makes tutors in itself useless. As far as I know the game doesn't discriminate who the father (or mother, at this point) is but rather if the move can be learned by child. So by breeding with, say Smeargle, it just becomes an egg move now. Or by sharing the Pokémon around everybody can breed that move right from the get go. Sooner or later nobody will be using the tutor.
    Eh, I kind of see what you're saying here, but I don't quite see it that way. I'm not 100% sure of the move breeding mechanics in this gen, but I thought both parents had to know level up or TM moves for the baby to learn it. Egg Moves, on the other hand, only had to be known by the father, seeing as they were moves that the Pokémon could not learn by any other means. If they've made it so only one parent needs to know level up moves, then this is the first I've heard about it. While making the TM/MT moves breedable would put slightly less emphasis on the tutor, you'd still have to use it if both parents had to know the move. My thinking is that, if I already have the move, I should be able to continue to have the move. I actually kind of like the idea of having moves that only originate in specific gens, but once I've put in my time in that gen, I want to be able to keep the move without waiting another 24 hours to use the Pal Park again.

And getting the necessary resources to teach moves (Battle Points, shards, etc.) aren't exactly a walk in the park either. With good moves getting stiff amounts, you have to be sure you are going to commit to that Pokémon getting the move.
    I'm of a very different mindset here and it relates to why I hate the fact that the Pokémon Bank won't be allowing items. If I've put in all of that time grinding BP, I want to be able to keep what I got just as much as I want to keep my Pokémon after putting all of that time into collecting a living dex. As much effort as it takes to get those things, the time feels at least half-wasted if I can't transfer them forward to the next gen. At least the moves aren't barred completely from being transferred, like my Choice Items, but I still feel that the process could be simplified somehwat.

Although, even if they put previous gen TM/MT moves in as TM's over 100 that were available only through heavy BP grinding, I'd still find that preferable to not being able to teach the move in this gen at all.

I could mention other things such as nerfing, removal of moves, game balance, etc., but I really can't say that until the Bank opens up, all discoveries are filed, documented and available, and the metagame becomes stabilized. If I'm not mistaken, what you're asking for already has happened: Chansey which used to only get Seismic Toss through the Generation III tutor can now learn it as an egg move. I'm willing to bet many other such cases will happen, even if not all.
    As for nerfing and game balance, if they want to alter a move or remove it from the game entirely, then that's another matter. I'm just talking about moves that are still around.

And I think that's cool about Chansey. I really hope it does hold true for all, but currently I'm seeing some of my favorite moves listed as Gen V only for certain Pokémon, which means I have to choose between having the move or simplifying the IV Breeding and hatching it in a Poké Ball of my choice. IV breeding is at least conceivably possible in older gens, but I'll never be able to hatch my Pokémon in an Acorn Ball.

I understand what you mean by the hardships of IV breeding, believe me, I do. I need a Defog Gliscor. But it's only taught in Generation IV, and that's the only way Gliscor can get it, ever. I would like to breed it here because it is easier to get a 5 perfect IV here, but you really can't win `em all.
    True enough.
    Pokémon X: 1693-0973-8659
    Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen

Pokémon Black 2:

I have discovered that Shiny Mega Gardevoir looks freaking amazing!!!

Last edited by necron_mason; 7th November 2013 at 5:43 PM.
    Friend Code: 0817-3759-6035
    Safari Type: Water; Krabby/Warturtle/Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    What was the gender of your Charmander?
    Obviously female since he got a charmander.
    And so it's normal his offspring got the HA since female can transmit it no matter with who they mate (in 5th gen they couldn't if with a ditto even when female).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moBGHUfw-Ho

Whew, an automatic Shiny Fishing finder. Not a cheat nor a hack, just a delightful piece of engineering.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by necron_mason View Post
    I have discovered that Shiny Mega Gardevoir looks freaking amazing!!!

Ohh, did you have to show me that?

I'm trying to breed a shiny Ralts for days to no avail.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moBGHUfw-Ho

Whew, an automatic Shiny Fishing finder. Not a cheat nor a hack, just a delightful piece of engineering.
    Not sure what to say. I'm impressed because that's some incredible work, but at the same time I'm baffled someone actually wasted time doing that.

Hmm....that shiny fishing program thingy says that it just runs after fishing if the pokemon isn't shiny. Doesn't that break the chain? I thought you had to KO what you catch before moving on to keep the chain going?

If you can just run after catching something and continue the chain just fine, it would make things a helluva lot easier for me lol. I've been KOing everything I come across as I chain.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

What's better than a Malamar?
    A Shiny Malamar!

Current Shinies:
    Malamar
    Dragalge
    Mr. Mime
    Carbink
    Sandslash
    Gyrados
    Horsea
    Haxorus
    Garchomp
    Vivillion (evolved into Modern pattern...thought Shiny turned into High Plains pattern, but whatever)

Nintendo 3DS FC: 0447 5404 6118
    Safari Zone Element: Electric
    Emolga, Electabuzz, Zebstrika

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    Hmm....that shiny fishing program thingy says that it just runs after fishing if the pokemon isn't shiny. Doesn't that break the chain? I thought you had to KO what you catch before moving on to keep the chain going?

If you can just run after catching something and continue the chain just fine, it would make things a helluva lot easier for me lol. I've been KOing everything I come across as I chain.
    Yeah, you should just be running from everything that's not a shiny. Running doesn't break the chain.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post

Yeah, KOing is only necessary for Pokéradar chains. As long as you don't screw up when pulling the fish, you can do whatever you want. Though it is rumoured that catching a Pokémon breaks the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wosha View Post
    Yeah, KOing is only necessary for Pokéradar chains. As long as you don't screw up when pulling the fish, you can do whatever you want. Though it is rumoured that catching a Pokémon breaks the chain.
    I've had a chain of 83, I caught around 5 Huntails as they were rare, my chain did not break.

AZ
    Guess how many Pokemiles it took?

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Ohh, did you have to show me that?

I'm trying to breed a shiny Ralts for days to no avail.
    Best part is I found it as a random encounter in a friend zone, thus being the first shiny I found since Gen 3

THE CURSE IS BROKEN!!!
    Friend Code: 0817-3759-6035
    Safari Type: Water; Krabby/Warturtle/Frogadier

I still have yet to get a shiny. Granted I haven't been trying very hard.
    I have a water type friend safari with Wartortle, Frogadier, and Panpour.
    PM me if you want to exchange friend codes.

what is the purpose of tipping? does it have an impact on gameplay?

"Poetry, the voice of spirit, will help Man to consent his soul be part of all that he can be indicating a new concept of beauty that will refer to human instinct of fight" quote taken from the futurist manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by Juan87 View Post
    what is the purpose of tipping? does it have an impact on gameplay?
    Generosity. . .

Honestly, I thought it was for the popularity, but the cafes in other cities have it so, I'm not sure what they're meant to do.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

You get a medal from it.

That's the only known purpose it serves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    You get a medal from it.

That's the only known purpose it serves.
    Someone (here?) mentioned that tipping enough had the Cafe waiters tell you when you've seen all the possible pokemon from that cafe

Page 112 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast