Page 113 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3359

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wosha View Post
    Though it is rumoured that catching a Pokémon breaks the chain.
    the chain will break if a normal Pokemon is caught. If a shiny is caught the chain does not break.

.....at least that's what the rumor says.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Azy View Post
    I've had a chain of 83, I caught around 5 Huntails as they were rare, my chain did not break.
    It is possible the chain actually break and you actually start a new chain. We don't know for sure until we know the coding for it, though.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    the chain will break if a normal Pokemon is caught. If a shiny is caught the chain does not break.

.....at least that's what the rumor says.

It is possible the chain actually break and you actually start a new chain. We don't know for sure until we know the coding for it, though.
    I'm sure that somebody has done some chain fishing with some catching to break their record, and then gone to talk to the fisherman on Route 15 that comments on your longest chain.

So there's no need to see the coding.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Someone (here?) mentioned that tipping enough had the Cafe waiters tell you when you've seen all the possible pokemon from that cafe
    They already tell me I've seen all the possible ones, so unless the small amount of tipping I did was enough, I'm not sure tipping causes them to tell you that.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Having tested almost four dozen moves on Electrike in hopes of getting a new egg move but with no success, I'm starting to wonder if it even got anything other then Eerie Impulse (Though considering that other oldies have gotten as many as three new egg moves, that wouldn't be very fair)...

Then again, I'm only going through the moves I could realistically see it using or ones that are actually useful for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    I'm sure that somebody has done some chain fishing with some catching to break their record, and then gone to talk to the fisherman on Route 15 that comments on your longest chain.

So there's no need to see the coding.

......oh yeah, I completely forgot about that fisherman guy

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I think I just discovered something.... All the togepi I am catching have 3 IVs in the Safari instead of 2.
    Do the IV count go up over time??

I want to call this the Kuri-Method.... COPYRIGHT!!

Quote Originally Posted by DNastyKuriboh View Post
    I think I just discovered something.... All the togepi I am catching have 3 IVs in the Safari instead of 2.

No, you just got lucky.

i just happened again!?

Watch ill do it again...

I JUST CAUGHT a 4IV togepi!!!!

so i try catching others like Spitzee and Floette, but they wre only 2.
    I caught a Mawile and Foretress and they were only 2. Maybe its only Togepi??
    Ill try again...
    Last edited by Archangel; 8th November 2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Double Post Merged

Pokemon in the No Egg Group will have at least 3 Perfect IVs. That includes babies (like Togepi) and Legendaries, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by DNastyKuriboh View Post

All Pokemon in the Undiscovered egg group are found with 3 IVs in the wild, most of them are legendaries.
    However it also includes Baby Pokemon.
    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

Can I request to add Pokémon with move set changes since certain Pokémon like Pikachu gets Play Nice.
    My White 2 party:
    Hall of Fame (White 2):
    Shinies (White 2):
    My X party:
    Hall of Fame (X):

Cinday123

I agree that it would be kind of nice if the moves that are new in gen 6 were marked for each Pokemon.

I had some trouble noticing which Pokemon got new egg moves due to them being mixed in with the old ones.

Togepi isnt considered a baby pokemon in the same regard as elekid, smoochem, pichu, munchlax, wynut and magby is it? Because when u hatch from togetic and kiss u get pi with no held item. And i thought togepi could breed with togepi? which is something a baby poke cant do. (thinking on that logic munchlax isnt baby either i don't think.....)
    3DS FC: 4682-9608-3748
    Water Safari with Bibaril, Gyarados and Frogadier
    If you add me pm me and ill add u as well

Togepi is considered a baby Pokemon.

It and the other gen 2 baby Pokemon don't require hold items to obtain. Only the ones introduced in gen 3 onwards do.

Don't really know if this is true seeming I could just be lucky, but it seems shaking your 3DS back and forward (Top forward bottom back and alternate) helps capture Pokémon without fail. Its worked everytime I've tried it but hey it could just be my luck haha

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

So, has any investigation been done into the possible effects of the Strange Souvenir?

For instance, what happens if you Fling it? Does it in any way "protect" a pokemon if held? If a pokemon holds it in the daycare, does it have an effect? What about if you trade a pokemon while it's holding it? What if it's held while the pokemon is used in Super Training? Pokemon-Amie?

I'm sure there are other possible things it could influence. My question is, has anything been tried?

On a related note, has anybody tested Fling, Natural Gift, etc, for possible changes to the moves? And what types are Natural Gift when used with the Roseli, Kee and Maranga berries? Similarly, what about the other variable Base Power moves, like Magnitude, Gyro Ball, Flail, Trump Card, Grass Knot, etc? Have any of those moves had any changes? After all, quite a few moves had their base powers altered (such as Energy Ball being buffed while Surf was nerfed), it wouldn't be impossible that these moves were modified... and because they're moves that aren't given an explicit base power (or the explicit value is inaccurate for obvious reasons), looking at the displayed data wouldn't tell us if any changes had been made.

Wait, Strange Souvenir is an item that can be given to a Pokemon? That's news for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tera6288 View Post
    Togepi isnt considered a baby pokemon in the same regard as elekid, smoochem, pichu, munchlax, wynut and magby is it? Because when u hatch from togetic and kiss u get pi with no held item. And i thought togepi could breed with togepi? which is something a baby poke cant do. (thinking on that logic munchlax isnt baby either i don't think.....)
    The undiscovered Egg group contains all baby pokemon. Also all legendary pokemon, with the exception of manaphy (and phione, but is it a legendary?). It also contains Unown, Nidora and Nidoqueen.
    Pokemon you wouldn't expect to be baby pokemon (since they were introduced in the same generation as it's evo, unlike the gen 2, 3 and 4 baby's: Togepi and riolu.
    Only the generation 2 baby pokemon and riolu don't require the parents to hold an incense. For those pokemon, breeding is made more difficult, since when you get one with nice IVs, you will need to evolve it. Most of them evolve via happiness. Been breeding togepi's yesterday. Luckily I had done some berry farming, so I could just force feed it around 15 EV reducing berries, with soothe bell and befriending O-Power lvl3. (Interesting note: It actually tells you when you have reached max happiness, it says: This won't have any effect. Providing you also have no EV in that stat(but hatched egg don't have EVs)) Then fight a random pkmn outside the daycare, and there you, lvl4 togetics.

PS Munchlax is baby. Can't breed.
    Pokemon X
    http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/M-322-0034-S/timeline
    3DS FC: 3239-2904-2693. Please PM me when you add me with yours. Normal: Minccino, Smeargle, Teddiursa

Hmmmm ok then. I still didn't think that it got the classification though. Just goes to show how long its been since i hatched a togepi egg, though i usually had a togetic by lvl 17-19 amyway......even managed to get a lvl 3 one once.
    3DS FC: 4682-9608-3748
    Water Safari with Bibaril, Gyarados and Frogadier
    If you add me pm me and ill add u as well

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Wait, Strange Souvenir is an item that can be given to a Pokemon? That's news for me.
    Not sure what gave people the impression that you can't, but I just tested it to make sure, and the zubat I'm working at evolving for the pokedex was able to hold it without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    Not sure what gave people the impression that you can't, but I just tested it to make sure, and the zubat I'm working at evolving for the pokedex was able to hold it without a problem.
    I dunno, weird item foreshadowing stuff in future games that doesn't have an explicitly stated purpose, sounds like a key item to me. That is so weird!

The Strange Souvenir is listed after the evolution stones (when sorted), and is not a Key Item, thus enabling Pokemon to hold it.
    It can also be sold for a very low price. Although I don't think it would be the best thing to do even if the item has currently no known purpose.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

When you rearrange items by type, the Heart Scale appears between the Moon Stone and the Water Stone, no idea why.

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Has there been any more information on the two new Megas? (Latios/as) They both look so similar, which has me a little skeptical on whether they are real or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    Has there been any more information on the two new Megas? (Latios/as) They both look so similar, which has me a little skeptical on whether they are real or not.
    They are real. The pictures are the only information we have, as they have not been officially unveiled or otherwise released.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 113 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast