Page 115 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3358

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

I do hope this guidebook that's out is the one that has information on egg moves...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I do hope this guidebook that's out is the one that has information on egg moves...
    I think that would require it to have the pokedex with it and I also think that Japan does what we do: A separate guide

I don't know if it's been said already but I'd like to warn...
    I went on Route 14 and my game just... froze. The music is there, but the picture stopped moving. I've pressed on all the possible buttons and nothing changes. All I did was enter a swamp and turn back quickly and my game stopped. I'm not sure if it's a general thing or it only concerns me, but yeah, it happened...
    I just managed to turn off my 3DS and went back on my game. Everything is fine but I came back to my last save, obviously.
    Does anyone know if this has been reported before ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Havent heard anything about that before, might have something to so with a few lead ups and hwo u went about entering/exiting the swamp area, or maybe ure 3ds.

As for the guide book it tells us absolutely nothing at all on egg moves or movesets on any pokemon. Its an a5 size instead of slightly larger than a4 like all of the others were, and for me at least it feels less detailed than the B/W/B2/W2/D/P/PT guides. This might simply be BECAUSE its an a5 size but im not a fan. as for content its a basic walkthrough of up to the end of the e4, doesnt have pics of all the pokemon (when it shows what pokemon a gym leader/e4 member has in some cases there is just a grey background pokeball and not the mon.) Doesnt have a whole lot on the post game either, mentions in depth for amie and super training, but i felt it skims over things as well that it could have gone into more detail on like the berry mutations (no guide in there at all). Also it isnt a guide on the post game it just seems to be basic information about what u can do after the e4.

Personally im disappointed with how the X/Y guidebook turned out and feel that it could have been done alot better, even if it was just upsized to the same size as the b2/w2/b/w guides, and wasnt the same size as the pocket b/w pockedex book that was released.
    3DS FC: 4682-9608-3748
    Water Safari with Bibaril, Gyarados and Frogadier
    If you add me pm me and ill add u as well

It has all the same information that the first guidebooks have had since Prima took over. There's always a second one detailing everything after the Elite Four as well as the Pokemon.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I know that. It just FEELS different in some way with how they have doone the layout of the book. The maps dont seem as good in pic form with showing where things are located, it doesnt have when u need field moves to get to a certain item just that the item is on the route, and it seems like the maps/pokemon on each map isnt layed out as well as it could have been (victory road im looking at you). Its small things like that, that make it feel not as good as the last ones because they were in the last ones intheir setup but not this one.
    3DS FC: 4682-9608-3748
    Water Safari with Bibaril, Gyarados and Frogadier
    If you add me pm me and ill add u as well

I managed to find the uncorrupted guidebook scan, it was nowhere hard to find it, should have tried earlier...
    My "Definitive" Party for the Ages (For now):

And their Mega-Evolutions:

Also... My theory of a way to credit MissingNo. as official...

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    I went on Route 14 and my game just... froze. The music is there, but the picture stopped moving. I've pressed on all the possible buttons and nothing changes. All I did was enter a swamp and turn back quickly and my game stopped. I'm not sure if it's a general thing or it only concerns me, but yeah, it happened...
    I just managed to turn off my 3DS and went back on my game. Everything is fine but I came back to my last save, obviously.
    That's troubling. Have you downloaded the patch already? Good call shutting off your game (well what else could you do). Doesn't sound as gamebreaking, just a little time lost. Like any computer, freezes are possible.
    Pokemon X
    http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/M-322-0034-S/timeline
    3DS FC: 3239-2904-2693. Please PM me when you add me with yours. Normal: Minccino, Smeargle, Teddiursa

Pokebank Hidden Abilities on available pokemon:
    Tentacruel, Kangaskhan, Kingdra, Seaking, Starmie, Omastar, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Furret, Lanturn, Wobbuffet, Qwilfish, Mantine, Linoone, Delcatty, Sharpedo, Wailord, Torkoal, Whiscash, Cradily, Armaldo, Huntail/Gorebyss, Relicanth, Luvdisc, Salamence, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Wormadam, Mothim, Chatot, Hippowdon, Watchog, Basculin, Carracosta, Archeops, Escavalier, Accelgor, Alomomola, Druddigon.

Please, if you see a Furfrou, Aegislash, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Aurorus, Tyrantrum with his Hidden Abilities It's illegal. Although I doubt that the first two have really hidden abilities (Aegidlash without Stance CHange, anyone)
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 10th November 2013 at 9:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    Pokebank Hidden Abilities on available pokemon:
    Tentacruel, Kangaskhan, Kingdra, Seaking, Starmie, Omastar, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Furret, Lanturn, Wobbuffet, Qwilfish, Mantine, Linoone, Delcatty, Sharpedo, Wailord, Torkoal, Whiscash, Cradily, Armaldo, Huntail/Gorebyss, Relicanth, Luvdisc, Salamence, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Wormadam, Mothim, Chatot, Hippowdon, Watchog, Basculin, Carracosta, Archeops, Escavalier, Accelgor, Alomomola, Druddigon.

Please, if you see a Furfrou, Aegislash, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Aurorus, Tyrantrum with his Hidden Abilities It's illegal. Although I doubt that the first two have really hidden abilities (Aegidlash without Stance CHange, anyone)
    Aegislash can't have any other ability than stance change.
    Even worry seed and other ability changing attacks don't work on him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Is your game a download or a cart? Ive heard of downloads bugging out a bit depending on the type of SD card you have in it. If it is an SD card, is it a cheaper off brand? Might be something to research a bit.

If its a cart, it could've just been a one time thing, but Im at a loss about what would cause that.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

So I was playing my downloaded copy of Y when all of a sudden I ran by this guy (Don't remember exactly where he is) and his speech bubble froze, he froze, everything froze except for me. However, all I could do was turn in circles. Luckily, I had a Pokemon with Fly in my party, so I just flew back to the Pokemon Center. Not sure if this has been reported before, but I've got footage I recorded with my phone before flying away. And I haven't downloaded the patch yet, so I should probably get on that xD

Anyways, here's the video.

Trainer Level 3 Squad | Alpha Sapphire Team - - En Route from Petalburg to Slateport via Ocean | WF Quest Log

Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    So I was playing my downloaded copy of Y when all of a sudden I ran by this guy (Don't remember exactly where he is) and his speech bubble froze, he froze, everything froze except for me. However, all I could do was turn in circles. Luckily, I had a Pokemon with Fly in my party, so I just flew back to the Pokemon Center. Not sure if this has been reported before, but I've got footage I recorded with my phone before flying away. And I haven't downloaded the patch yet, so I should probably get on that xD

Apparently digital copies have this issue with some SD cards. It would be most beneficial to get the fastest SD card you can, but even then it's hard to say if you'll be issue free.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post

thatt is a bit strange never had that happen did you get that patch download too for the lumiose city thing that freeze when you save outside the city maybe that patch fixes that too? i never had that happen before...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by bign0se View Post
    That's troubling. Have you downloaded the patch already? Good call shutting off your game (well what else could you do). Doesn't sound as gamebreaking, just a little time lost. Like any computer, freezes are possible.
    The patch for the Lumiose City bug ? Yes, I already downloaded it. And I also think it was just a one-time happening bug, because I went back, tried the same path I took when my game froze and nothing happened. Maybe the fact that my character got trapped in the swamp made my game freeze like that... I don't really know...
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDice View Post
    Is your game a download or a cart? Ive heard of downloads bugging out a bit depending on the type of SD card you have in it. If it is an SD card, is it a cheaper off brand? Might be something to research a bit.

If its a cart, it could've just been a one time thing, but Im at a loss about what would cause that.
    My game is a cart one. As said above, I don't think it will happen so often after it did it once. Though I just wanted to warn people in case it was happening to them so they wouldn't panic. It's nothing very huge (unless you didn't save before it happened and you made some huge/important progess in the game), although when it happens to you, you think it is.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

This is a page suggestion for Serebii, figured I'd post it here.

I'd really like to see a page showing the change between the old and new menu sprites side by side. Really random suggestion, but I think it'd be really cool to see the difference between old and new.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

A little funny thing I noticed and thought it would be nice to post here. It seems the movesets of the trainers in the Battle Chateau may change depending of the active writ. I battled Diantha with Black Writ (level 80), and her Gardevoir had Captivate, Hypnosis and Dream Eater. Later I battled her again with no writ (level 60) and she had Psychic and Moonblast.

~ Pokémon Y Team ~

3DS FC: 1736-0917-9729
    Snorunt / Sneasel / Dewgong

Hey Serebii, I was in the café in Anistar City (the Terrace) and was shown Entei. I noticed you didn't have its menu sprite or 3D model in the XY Pokédex, so I just thought I'd let you know it's there.
    Last edited by EverChanger; 12th November 2013 at 1:30 AM. Reason: cafe -> café
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Just did a chain of ~30 Dittos, catching all of them, and the last ten of them all had a 31 IV, including two with double 31 IV's. Could this really be blind luck or is it a feature of chaining? Has anyone else had similar experiences?
    Pokémon X: 1693-0973-8659
    Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen

Pokémon Black 2:

just want the admin to add what u get from the professor after u complete the 3 pokedex of the klaos region "Oval Charm" i would put a picture up but it wont let me link

What makes you stylish!

After lots of effort involving breeding, IV selection and leveling painfully to 50 via pkmn league I finally defeated the Battle mansion single train (20consec battles). The most painful part was breeding with pokemon that did not like each other and then leveling to 50 took several completing rounds of the pokemon league which was almost all day. After that, getting lucky with the pokemon you faced to streak 20 did make a difference. The amount of times I lost at 17,18,19 was a lot. If the boss starts off with Purugly you will have a hard time! Mega Lucario with almost max speed IV was not able to outrun Purugly. The first attack of Purugly is hypnosis. I was luckily able to survive 3 turns , woke up and then Close combat to one shot the poke. One shot Wigglytuff because its very slow but Grumpig took 2 turns which was okay, i had 2 other fast pokes waiting to fight.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Parallel_Worlds View Post
    What makes you stylish!
    http://www.serebii.net/xy/lumiosestyle.shtml

Right there in Serebii's X/Y section.

Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

I just got up to the boss in Battle Mansion doubles match. I encountered
    Primeape - moves used, dual chop, i think has choice scarf cos my 350speed Mega Lucario couldn't outrun
    pachirius - moves used, u-turn
    persian - moves used pound
    lumineon - moves used, ice bean
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I just got up to the boss in Battle Mansion doubles match. I encountered
    Primeape - moves used, dual chop, i think has choice scarf cos my 350speed Mega Lucario couldn't outrun
    pachirius - moves used, u-turn
    persian - moves used pound
    lumineon - moves used, ice bean
    If you saved a Battle Video, do Mock Battles with Imposter Ditto and Frisk anything to record full movesets and items.

Page 115 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast