Page 117 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3356

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    What will happen if Flying Press is used against Shedinja? Will it kill it (owing to the Flying-part effect) or will it miss (since it is Fighting move)?
    It will miss since it's a Fighting move.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Yeah, Flying Press just does an extra set of calculation. Multiply by 0.5 if it resists, by 2 if it's super effective, and by 0 if it doesn't affect. Multiplying by 0 will always result in 0.

Speaking of Flying Press though, I'm curious about certain other mechanics involved with it. Does Hawlucha get STAB twice for it? Can this be tested with a Smeargle as the control group? Also, is Flying Press affected by the Sharp Beak, Sky Plate, or Flying Gem? Is its only effect adding that extra bit of calculation to damage, or is it truly a dual-type move in every sense?
    Pokémon X: 1693-0973-8659
    Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen

Pokémon Black 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveon1316 View Post
    Yeah, Flying Press just does an extra set of calculation. Multiply by 0.5 if it resists, by 2 if it's super effective, and by 0 if it doesn't affect. Multiplying by 0 will always result in 0.

Speaking of Flying Press though, I'm curious about certain other mechanics involved with it. Does Hawlucha get STAB twice for it? Can this be tested with a Smeargle as the control group? Also, is Flying Press affected by the Sharp Beak, Sky Plate, or Flying Gem? Is its only effect adding that extra bit of calculation to damage, or is it truly a dual-type move in every sense?
    It only gives STAB to Fighting types not Flying types.
    It's classified as a Fighting move that just does Flying damage in the calculations, just like Freeze Dry remains a Ice type move even though it hits SE on Water.

Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

What will happen if Flying Press is used against Shedinja? Will it kill it (owing to the Flying-part effect) or will it miss (since it is Fighting move)?
    Presumably, it will miss anyway, since Flying Press doesn't hit Ghost types. So even if it were to bypass the ability, it still wouldn't have any effect.

Yeah we tried it out (just saw the answers now). Didn't hit.

So it's not really a "Flying" attack. Rather the more accurate description is it's a Fighting-type attack that deals more damage to enemies weak to flying attacks and deal less damage to enemies strong against flying attacks.

Although what happens to Pokémon that are both weak to Fighting and Flying attacks? We plan 2 more experiments tomorrow.

1) Against Abomasnow, which is both 2x against Fighting and Flying. Comparison of Flying Press, Brick Break and Bounce damage (the latter two being higher of 5 base damage, but it's closest to FP on a Hawlucha). We'll be testing if Flying Press will do equivalent damage, or if it will result in a 4x.

2) Smeargle with Foresight and Flying Press vs Shedinja. With the Fighting-immunity bypass, will it finally hit with it's "Flying-type" attribute?

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

It's already known that in situation one the Pokemon takes 4X damage.

In situation two, Shedinja would still take no damage, as Flying Press would only do neutral damage due to Bug resisting Fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It's already known that in situation one the Pokemon takes 4X damage.

In situation two, Shedinja would still take no damage, as Flying Press would only do neutral damage due to Bug resisting Fighting.
    I see, so for all intents and purposes, it's really just a Fighting move with special modifiers depending on the situation.

Still, we'd like to try and see for ourselves. More data, more assurance.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Yeah we tried it out (just saw the answers now). Didn't hit.

So it's not really a "Flying" attack. Rather the more accurate description is it's a Fighting-type attack that deals more damage to enemies weak to flying attacks and deal less damage to enemies strong against flying attacks.

Although what happens to Pokémon that are both weak to Fighting and Flying attacks? We plan 2 more experiments tomorrow.

1) Against Abomasnow, which is both 2x against Fighting and Flying. Comparison of Flying Press, Brick Break and Bounce damage (the latter two being higher of 5 base damage, but it's closest to FP on a Hawlucha). We'll be testing if Flying Press will do equivalent damage, or if it will result in a 4x.

2) Smeargle with Foresight and Flying Press vs Shedinja. With the Fighting-immunity bypass, will it finally hit with it's "Flying-type" attribute?
    I feel I should point out that Serebii has already addressed the nature of the move:

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/flyingpress.shtml

So the only question is, does Wonder Guard treat it like a Fighting move, a Flying move, or does it work based on the type chart seen in the link above? I'd guess it's probably the link above's type chart, since I'm pretty sure Wonder Guard looks for the "supereffective" hit, and that Flying Press will report "supereffective" if it's supereffective according to that type chart.

In other words, I'm assuming that the move overrides the standard attack type, and applies its own effectiveness rule - I assume that a similar thing would happen with Freeze Dry.

EDIT: Also notice that Foresight probably won't allow it to hit, since Bug types are hit for neutral damage by the move. So that test will only confirm whether or not it's treated like a Flying move for Wonder Guard purposes.
    Last edited by Aielyn; 15th November 2013 at 11:17 AM.

Use Forest's Curse on Scrafty and then Flying Press. The damage is higher than x4! ^^

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Not being able to used transferred Pokemon for tournaments would be pretty dumb when considering that so many Pokemon are dependent on the B/W 2 move tutor moves for type coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Not being able to used transferred Pokemon for tournaments would be pretty dumb when considering that so many Pokemon are dependent on the B/W 2 move tutor moves for type coverage.
    It's probably just so they can use variable stuff.
    eg: the upcoming tournament only uses XY-native things, but future tournaments could be open to everything

am I the only one around here who would kinda prefer being restricted only to XY stuff and not being able to use crazy tutor moves on like everything

no

yes

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Would a Pokemon that is bred from a Pokemon from Black 2 or White 2 eligable for the tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by JTrupiano View Post
    Would a Pokemon that is bred from a Pokemon from Black 2 or White 2 eligable for the tournament?
    As long as it's hatched in an X/Y game.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Don't know if this is really a 'discovery', but when you talk to them in amie, if its nicknamed, it has to be pronounced a certain way.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Not sure if this is a new thing, or if my game glitched. But at the Cafe le Wow, the exploud used echoed voice on my shuppet, and it did damage. I thought since it was a normal move it couldn't hit ghost types?

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtastic View Post
    Not sure if this is a new thing, or if my game glitched. But at the Cafe le Wow, the exploud used echoed voice on my shuppet, and it did damage. I thought since it was a normal move it couldn't hit ghost types?
    Maybe it had its dw ability?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Maybe it had its dw ability?
    oh, I didn't know what its dw ability was. XP haha, thanks. I think all the pokemon in the cafe do have their hidden abilities, so you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtastic View Post
    oh, I didn't know what its dw ability was. XP haha, thanks. I think all the pokemon in the cafe do have their hidden abilities, so you're right.
    No problem.

-My younger brother

Where was it stated that only pokemon from x/y were allowrd to be used in tournaments? And will this be lifted or imposed come pokemon bank? Because this means things such as latios/las, the sacred swords and the dogs, all things that werent banned but could only be gotten in earlier games, will have no bearing at all on the format.
    3DS FC: 4682-9608-3748
    Water Safari with Bibaril, Gyarados and Frogadier
    If you add me pm me and ill add u as well

Quote Originally Posted by Tera6288 View Post
    Where was it stated that only pokemon from x/y were allowrd to be used in tournaments? And will this be lifted or imposed come pokemon bank? Because this means things such as latios/las, the sacred swords and the dogs, all things that werent banned but could only be gotten in earlier games, will have no bearing at all on the format.
    in the fine print of the upcoming [in Japan] Dragon tournament rule set

until we have more tournaments, it's impossible to tell if this will be a long-standing caveat or just a special thing for this tournament and that.

Probably the former. I think that's because Bank is unreleased for now and when the tournament is made, they haven't got Bank moveset listing.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

It appears to me that the cafes in Lavvere, Cyllage, and Anistar cities each have a certain amount of pokemon you can see because i was visiting one and the waiter said something like: "have you checked your pokedex recently? you seem to have already seen all of the pokemon here. Do you still want to spend some time here?". Plus, sadly, I think the only legendaries you can see from people in the cafes are Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.
    Last edited by pikachu54549; 16th November 2013 at 1:19 PM.
    FC is 2122-6736-0132
    Friend Safari type: Psychic
    Friend Safari Pokemon:

Shinies:
    Platinum:
    Soulsilver:
    Black 2:
    White 2:

Y team:
    Chesnaught, Yveltal, Blastoise, Zygarde, Lucario, Mewtwo

X team:
    Greninja, Charizard, Xerneas, Doublade, Lucario, Raichu(due to change soon)

Looking for(X and Y): All Vivillon patterns except Modern and Elegant,

This is true, u can only see raikou entai and suicune legendary wise in the cafes. The rest are just basic pokemon, though i think there are still some jhoto only ones that can be seen in there.
    3DS FC: 4682-9608-3748
    Water Safari with Bibaril, Gyarados and Frogadier
    If you add me pm me and ill add u as well

just found this out. If you knock out snorlax the 1st time you meet him, you can encounter him again post-game. maybe they can put this information on the interactable pokemon page?

also, i traded with diantha in my x and y versions and they are both modest. Maybe the nature is fixed?
    Last edited by magma grunt edu; 17th November 2013 at 12:56 AM.
    Smash bros for the 3ds will be my life.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

Page 117 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast