Page 118 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3358

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

My Ralts from Diantha was also Modest with 31 SpAtk and 31 Speed. Didn't SR it at all. And the Chespin I got from Shauna was Adamant/31 Atk.
    Pokémon X: 1693-0973-8659
    Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen

Pokémon Black 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveon1316 View Post
    My Ralts from Diantha was also Modest with 31 SpAtk and 31 Speed. Didn't SR it at all. And the Chespin I got from Shauna was Adamant/31 Atk.
    They're set that way.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Is there a thread to share posted battle videos?
    If so, then where?
    If not, can someone please make one (can't make any new threads myself atm).

Hate how you need a video code to find other videos at all, and that we can't download others' videos.
    3DS FC: 5300 9236 5533 - leonz

Quote Originally Posted by leonz View Post
    Is there a thread to share posted battle videos?
    If so, then where?
    If not, can someone please make one (can't make any new threads myself atm).

Hate how you need a video code to find other videos at all, and that we can't download others' videos.
    No, we will not make one. But I don't think there's a Battle Video thread either.
    I'll ask the other mods and deliberate on this matter.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I found wild roggenrola hold everstone amd hard stone. (Graveler y geodude similar), but is very common the everstone and rare the hard stone

Perhaps this is worth bringing up here?

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrade...abase_shinies/

It looks like hatching shinies relates to your trainer ID tag and that it must match a certain Pokemon in order to hatch a shiny successfully. I don't know the full details, but sorry if this was brought up already.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

It looks like hatching shinies relates to your trainer ID tag and that it must match a certain Pokemon in order to hatch a shiny successfully. I don't know the full details, but sorry if this was brought up already.
    I am confused. Can you please explain this to me? So how do I know which pokemon hatches shiny for me?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

That has been the case since Gen III, but I am surprised that people are actually abusing it like ten years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I am confused. Can you please explain this to me? So how do I know which pokemon hatches shiny for me?
    You need to know your Secret ID and the personality value of your Pokémon, then perform bitwise xor operation with your Trainer ID and secret ID, another xor operation with the first byte word of the personality value and second byte word of the personality value, and then xor the two results. If it is less than 8(in previous generations) or 16(in this generation). Bulbapedia has an example on how. In order to find out them, you need to setup this system.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 17th November 2013 at 9:21 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

So today, while in a Friend Safari farming Frogadiers something strange happened...
    I encountered a Shiny Quagsire.
    Now this isn't the strange part.
    A hour or so later, I encountered another Shiny Quagsire. Perfect Attack and Defense like the other one, but a different nature and different stats everywhere else...

Now Quagsire happens to be one of the Pokemon that people can catch in my Friend Safari. Is it possible that Pokemon that can be found in your own Friend Safari have an elevated chance of being Shiny in your game?

Or maybe I just got ridiculously lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonerthan View Post
    So today, while in a Friend Safari farming Frogadiers something strange happened...
    I encountered a Shiny Quagsire.
    Now this isn't the strange part.
    A hour or so later, I encountered another Shiny Quagsire. Perfect Attack and Defense like the other one, but a different nature and different stats everywhere else...

Now Quagsire happens to be one of the Pokemon that people can catch in my Friend Safari. Is it possible that Pokemon that can be found in your own Friend Safari have an elevated chance of being Shiny in your game?

Or maybe I just got ridiculously lucky.
    You're just lucky.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I have trouble believing this. I've only ever found two other shinies my entire history of playing Pokemon games (been playing since Red/Blue were released), a Sligoo about 3 weeks ago and a Diglet back in Soul Silver. Really difficult to believe finding two shinies of the same species within an hour of each other is coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonerthan View Post
    I have trouble believing this. I've only ever found two other shinies my entire history of playing Pokemon games (been playing since Red/Blue were released), a Sligoo about 3 weeks ago and a Diglet back in Soul Silver. Really difficult to believe finding two shinies of the same species within an hour of each other is coincidence.
    No, dude. You just got lucky. Lady Luck is a lady who shows up at very irregular times. She happened to visit you twice.

It's like somebody getting a Master Ball in the ID Lotto Ticket.

Admittedly, there is a lot of supposed luck in the Friend Safari, as people are constantly getting them there, but that's not to say the Friend Safari necessarily has increased shiny odds. I myself managed to get a Machop and Bidoof within an hour or so of each other, and that was back in Platinum, so it could very well just be good luck on your end. 1/4096 is already a better chance than last Gen's non-Shiny Charm odds, after all.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

part of why people are finding so many shinies in the FS is probably the fact that that's where most people are catching their Pokemon, seeing as how that's the only way to get a good number of Pokemon and HAs as of now, as well as a good place to start if you want to breed good IVs onto things

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    part of why people are finding so many shinies in the FS is probably the fact that that's where most people are catching their Pokemon, seeing as how that's the only way to get a good number of Pokemon and HAs as of now, as well as a good place to start if you want to breed good IVs onto things
    exactly. I found four shinies in friend safari's so far, two of them were charmeleons (what a coincidence... im a charizard queen...)

there was a way i actually got them to pop up and that was to fight them constantly (or catch them constantly too) and they will pop up in no time.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Well, there is also large crowd of people there solely because of the supposed better odds there. They've also seen great luck in the Friend Safari, but this draws more people there to look for a shiny to see for themselves. And this cycle seems to continue because they are indeed finding shinies relatively quickly. It is tougher to tell if the odds there are any different in the FS or not, but the empirical evidence suggests that there may perhaps be better odds there. We still can't say anything either way with just that evidence, though, since the amount of people hunting in the FS far exceeds the amount hunting outside of it.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

You can find the lumiose cit6 ghost girl in a random hotel in North Boulvard.Once you do that, go to Hotel Risshme and go to the fourth floor and go to the right room and you can find here again.

Getting Elektross:
    If you go to Kilode city, someone with a random building with ask you some questions about the ability "Levitate".When you are done, he wi challenge you to a battle and his lwst pokemon is an ELEKTROSS but if you can only ge5 this by having the catching trainer's pokemon hack.I discover this a long time ago.If you want more info message me.

Quote Originally Posted by aegislashisawesome View Post
    Getting Elektross:
    If you go to Kilode city, someone with a random building with ask you some questions about the ability "Levitate".When you are done, he wi challenge you to a battle and his lwst pokemon is an ELEKTROSS but if you can only ge5 this by having the catching trainer's pokemon hack.I discover this a long time ago.If you want more info message me.
    We know
    Several trainers in the post game have Pokemon you can't get normally in Kalos.

Dunno where to post this so just going to post in here:

There is a "Pink Seashell Cushion" (between my "Red Fire Cushion" and Leaf Cushion.)

I just got a white flabebe. dont know if its up on here, but i got one.

Officially claimed Dominic Santiego from the Gears of war series

Friend code:
    3ds: 2509 2089 0857

Black ice never dies. cut one head off, another two grow back. Just look in the miror and see that you will crumble before the might of Black ice.
    http://blackice.forumotion.com/

Visit the Black Ice youtube channel today and Subscribe!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU...PN_n9LOvZtmhxQ

I guess we're not getting any more egg move data until the official guide releases.

As much as I want to believe that Electrike doesn't only have a single new egg move of extremely limited use, the fact that someone on 2chan has apparently been testing every single move that's currently sketchable using an army of Smeargle on various Field egg group Pokemon and found that some of them indeed only got a single new egg move despite being rather mediocre (Like Snubbull) is making me feel doubtful...
    Last edited by Rakurai; 18th November 2013 at 11:38 AM.

I have a REALLY hard time believing the Friend Safari doesn't have higher shiny probabilities. At least some of them. Because I've encountered 2 shiny Kirlia in 2 hours in a specific one, and stopped until the next day and encountered another one after 15 minutes. Also got a shiny Oddish in another one, so yeah. It might depend on the Friend Code or some stupid stuff like this but I'm fairly sure some Safaris have a bigger probability than some.

I wonder if it's possible that it does have a higher probability, but only if certain conditions are met... worth investigating, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    I wonder if it's possible that it does have a higher probability, but only if certain conditions are met... worth investigating, at least.
    That's what I was thinking too. Maybe something to do with the person being online like for the hidden abilities, or simply a random multiplier attributed to random Safaris...

Page 118 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast