Page 119 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3356

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wosha View Post
    That's what I was thinking too. Maybe something to do with the person being online like for the hidden abilities, or simply a random multiplier attributed to random Safaris...
    I was thinking more like things along the lines of "Friend has had Pokeradar chain of over X", or "Friend has caught X pokemon for their pokedex", or "Friend has defeated the Elite Four X times", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by aegislashisawesome View Post
    You can find the lumiose cit6 ghost girl in a random hotel in North Boulvard.Once you do that, go to Hotel Risshme and go to the fourth floor and go to the right room and you can find here again.
    Its not necessarily the same girl, just the same avatar. I encountered the girl in the hotel days before I ran into the ghost girl.
    I have a water type friend safari with Wartortle, Frogadier, and Panpour.
    PM me if you want to exchange friend codes.

Um.. Yeah so this is what happened: i was trying to chain jigglypuff with poké radar and accidently walk in to normal speed grass and encounter zoroark. Since i didn't have one so i caught it, and chain still go on, with the pokémon i encounter change to zoroark. I thought i was mistook and try again, walk into another normal speed grass and met noctowl, beat it, and the chain still go on with noctowl. I tried the third time and met gothorita, this time, the chain end with no grass shake. So has chaining been alway like that or gen 6 gave you oportunity to switch the pokémon you chain 2 time before breaking the chain ??

Quote Originally Posted by Gui1123 View Post
    Um.. Yeah so this is what happened: i was trying to chain jigglypuff with poké radar and accidently walk in to normal speed grass and encounter zoroark. Since i didn't have one so i caught it, and chain still go on, with the pokémon i encounter change to zoroark. I thought i was mistook and try again, walk into another normal speed grass and met noctowl, beat it, and the chain still go on with noctowl. I tried the third time and met gothorita, this time, the chain end with no grass shake. So has chaining been alway like that or gen 6 gave you oportunity to switch the pokémon you chain 2 time before breaking the chain ??
    Pretty sure chaining has always been like that. You always have the chance your chain continues with a new Pokemon.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'm not sure if the odds of catching shinies in the friend safari have increased or not, but I was just wondering if anyone noticed a specific time they encountered their shinies? like 8 in the morning or 3 in the afternoon or something. I'm just wondering if there's like a certain time the odds are increased or something.
    Shinies For Trade:
    Skrelp
    Clawitzer
    Red Stripe Basculin
    Tyranitar
    Charizard
    Gyarados
    HA Minccino
    HA Greninja
    Noivern
    Noctowl
    Garchomp
    Shedinja
    HA Greninja
    Dragonair
    Charizard
    Venasaur
    Aegislash
    Crobat
    HA Reuniclus
    Poliwhirl
    MEW
    Genesect
    Goomy
    Ampharos
    Teddiursa
    Shaymin

Also have non-shiny Rayquaza, Kyurem, Reshiram, and Phione for trade. (Looking for other legends)

Not looking for anything in particular so please PM me I'll consider all offers.
    Only looking for other shinies. Fishing shinies for fishing shinies.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychophrenia View Post
    I'm not sure if the odds of catching shinies in the friend safari have increased or not, but I was just wondering if anyone noticed a specific time they encountered their shinies? like 8 in the morning or 3 in the afternoon or something. I'm just wondering if there's like a certain time the odds are increased or something.
    There is not a specific time. The chances are doubled at all times, even outside the Friend Safari.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If I were to register someone's friend code for the friend safari without them registering my friend code, would I still be able to visit their friend safari or not until they registered me as a friend?
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Quote Originally Posted by Icepath View Post
    If I were to register someone's friend code for the friend safari without them registering my friend code, would I still be able to visit their friend safari or not until they registered me as a friend?
    They're not a friend until you've both registered each other, so until that happens you wont see them in your Safari list.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They're not a friend until you've both registered each other, so until that happens you wont see them in your Safari list.
    Additionally, in order to see their 3rd Safari Pokemon, s/he must beat the League first, and s/he should be online.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I just thought of something Maybe Az 's Flotte is maybe a rare shiny Flotte.Don't you think that is possible

Or it could just be that AZ's Floette is wielding an old flower from 3,000 years ago that no longer exists? We have trees and such in real life that old civilizations used that are extinct now, such as certain types of date palms and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Additionally, in order to see their 3rd Safari Pokemon, s/he must beat the League first, and s/he should be online.
    Same 4 getting access to the hidden abilities in the friend safari. They have 2 have beaten the e4 and be online at the same time as you.
    This will unlock both the 3rd pokemon and hidden abilities.
    3DS FC: 4682-9608-3748
    Water Safari with Bibaril, Gyarados and Frogadier
    If you add me pm me and ill add u as well

Pretty sure chaining has always been like that. You always have the chance your chain continues with a new Pokemon.
    Wait, not in 4th Gen. If you run into a Pokemon that wasn't what you initially were chaining, your chain always breaks. With the type of grass shaking, there's a chance it continues, but only if it's the same Pokemon. I can't say anything about 6th Gen chaining since I've not tried it yet.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Things may have been changed with the type chart, besides things regarding the Fairy type.
    The only differences that I have seen is with the Fighting type against two dual-type pokémon.
    Exhibit A- Hawlucha uses Low Sweep on AZ's Torkoal. Rather than be supereffective, no message is displayed. Either Fighting is now resisted by Fire, or is no longer supereffective against Rock.
    Exhibit B- Aegislash uses Sacred Sword on a wild Skarmory. It is supereffective, instead of regularly effective. Fighting must no longer be resisted by Flying.

Further testing is needed.
    Results: I was wrong.
    Last edited by Ivoright; 19th November 2013 at 2:51 AM.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkclang View Post
    Exhibit A- Hawlucha uses Low Sweep on AZ's Torkoal. Rather than be supereffective, no message is displayed. Either Fighting is now resisted by Fire, or is no longer supereffective against Rock.
    There's no Rock-type at play. Torkoal is pure Fire.

Exhibit B- Aegislash uses Sacred Sword on a wild Skarmory. It is supereffective, instead of regularly effective. Fighting must no longer be resisted by Flying.
    Steel is weak to Fighting. SKarmory is Steel/Flying; 0.5 * 2 = 1, giving Fighting moves against Skarmory neutral damage.

http://veekun.com/dex/types

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    There's no Rock-type at play. Torkoal is pure Fire.

Steel is weak to Fighting. SKarmory is Steel/Flying; 0.5 * 2 = 1, giving Fighting moves against Skarmory neutral damage.

http://veekun.com/dex/types
    Oh wow.
    All this time and I never realized that Torkoal was pure fire. I just assumed, I guess.

But about Skarmory...
    I am well aware of the mathematics involved.
    I most definitely did see the supereffective message, just that one time. An error? Or my imagination?
    Last edited by Ivoright; 19th November 2013 at 2:57 AM.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Oh wow.
    All this time and I never realized that Torkoal was pure fire. I just assumed, I guess.

But about Skarmory...
    I am well aware of the mathematics involved.
    I most definitely did see the supereffective message, just that one time. An error?
    Had it just used Roost?

Had it just used Roost?
    It must have. I wasn't paying good enough attention.
    Which is probably why I came to the conclusion of a type chart change.
    But if such a thing had happened, it would have been discovered by now.
    Last edited by Ivoright; 19th November 2013 at 2:59 AM.

Turns out druddigon being a dragon Via Black/White might have changed into something else in Y/X.

Got into a battle with one, used several Dragon moves i expected be super effective. i was wrong. Druddigon may very well be half dragon and half something else now.

My Xbox Live Gamertag

Quote Originally Posted by Jaster View Post
    Turns out druddigon being a dragon Via Black/White might have changed into something else in Y/X.

Got into a battle with one, used several Dragon moves i expected be super effective. i was wrong. Druddigon may very well be half dragon and half something else now.
    i have one sitting in my box and i can confirm that it is only pure dragon type. So i don't really know what happened, maybe a type changing move? Or your imagination?

All i know is druddigon according to the game data is still 100% pure dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaster View Post

By any chance, was the Dragon move you used Dragon Rage? I'm pretty sure it doesn't take type into account, so it might explain why you didn't see any supereffective message.

The only other explanation I can think of are a type changing move being used against Druddigon (Soak, Trick-or-Treat, or Forest Curse),

Don't know if this is the right spot but I just fought a Black Belt name Killian in Lumiose City. I looked at PokeEarth and didn't find any mention of him. He has a male Machoke at Level 30 with No Guard as its ability and the moves Rock Tomb and Karate Chop. Those are the only two moves he used, once the PP of both moves were used up he used Struggle. I attached a picture. After the battle he disappeared.
    The alley was off of Hibernal Avenue across from Cafe Kizuna next to Restaurant Le Wow.
    WP_20131119_002.jpg

I found another trainer not in PokeEarth, Chef Kamaboko. He had a male Pidgeotto at level 30 with Tangled Feet. His attacks were Quick Attack, Feather Dance, Whirlwind, and Twister.
    To find him enter Lumiose City from Route 5 and go straight to the alley ahead, before you hit Bleu Plaza there is an alley way to your right. After the battle he disappeared.
    I attached a picture.
    WP_20131119_005.jpg
    Last edited by Tiffany; 20th November 2013 at 9:13 AM.
    Pokemon X
    3DS FC: 3394-3592-2934
    Friend Safari - Dark

Status
    Hunting for Minun

Current Team

Hidden Ability Pokemon
    (x2)(x2)

Shiny Pokemon (In Pokemon White)

Quote Originally Posted by DSpanky1 View Post
    Don't know if this is the right spot but I just fought a Black Belt name Killian in Lumiose City. I looked at PokeEarth and didn't find any mention of him. He has a male Machoke at Level 30 with No Guard as its ability and the moves Rock Tomb and Karate Chop. Those are the only two moves he used, once the PP of both moves were used up he used Struggle. I attached a picture. After the battle he disappeared.
    The alley was off of Hibernal Avenue across from Cafe Kizuna next to Restaurant Le Wow.
    WP_20131119_002.jpg

I found another trainer not in PokeEarth, Chef Kamaboko. He had a male Pidgeotto at level 30 with Tangled Feet. His attacks were Quick Attack, Feather Dance, Whirlwind, and Twister.
    To find him enter Lumiose City from Route 5 and go straight to the alley ahead, before you hit Bleu Plaza there is an alley way to your right. After the battle he disappeared.
    I attached a picture.
    WP_20131119_005.jpg
    Those guys? They are how I rose my tyrantrum in my first file.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

So uhm... I dunno how or why but I'm in the battle maison just doing some single battles.
    Dude used fly on his fletchinder on my mega venusaur, I got flinched on impact...

Unless the dude had kings rock on it
    Last edited by andy111777; 22nd November 2013 at 6:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andy111777 View Post
    So uhm... I dunno how or why but I'm in the battle maison just doing some single battles.
    Dude used fly on his fletchinder on my mega venusaur, I got flinched on impact...
    He probably had a flinch item like King's Rock

Page 119 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast