Page 120 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3359

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tera6288 View Post

Same 4 getting access to the hidden abilities in the friend safari. They have 2 have beaten the e4 and be online at the same time as you.
    This will unlock both the 3rd pokemon and hidden abilities.
    So basically if you have a 3 pokemon safari, you also have hidden abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    So basically if you have a 3 pokemon safari, you also have hidden abilities?
    That is correct.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I've heard a rumor, and I'm not sure how true it is, but it said that if you take a Rotom to the ghost girl in Lumiose, she gives you a Rare Candy. Kind of anti-climactic, since we all expected it to have something to do with an event of some kind, which is why it feels like a typical TCPI troll moveplausible yet unlikely to me. Has this been tested, and if so, is it confirmed or denied?

Being that the speculation thread I thought appropriate was closed, I am going to post this thought in here. What are your thoughts on this.

Given some thought an supporting evidence, perhaps X&Y will have a second region, in Kanto.
    Sounds crazy right? Here me out though:
    1. The second starter you get in the Kalos region is a Kanto Pokémon.
    2. There are constant hints at a region that is very far away, and certainly, Japan and France are very distant.
    3. Finally, after finishing the Pokémon Origin anime today, I thought, this would be a perfect tie-in to add the Kanto region to X&Y.

It would be a brilliant add-on and would call back to the nostalgia that we all feel while playing the Pokémon games.
    Nintendo WFC Friend Code: 3024 - 5738 - 8918
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Drifblim

Quote Originally Posted by TaroKuma View Post
    Being that the speculation thread I thought appropriate was closed, I am going to post this thought in here. What are your thoughts on this.

Given some thought an supporting evidence, perhaps X&Y will have a second region, in Kanto.
    Sounds crazy right? Here me out though:
    1. The second starter you get in the Kalos region is a Kanto Pokémon.
    2. There are constant hints at a region that is very far away, and certainly, Japan and France are very distant.
    3. Finally, after finishing the Pokémon Origin anime today, I thought, this would be a perfect tie-in to add the Kanto region to X&Y.

It would be a brilliant add-on and would call back to the nostalgia that we all feel while playing the Pokémon games.
    It would make more sense if there was a second region, not related to any of the ones we currently know of.
    BTW, there's "Hints" towards all of the regions. The states are far from France too. That means it could be Unova too using your logic. The fact that the strange souvenier comes from a region we don't yet know of, is bound to serve some significance later.

That significance, is bound to be access to whatever region it is from.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    It would make more sense if there was a second region, not related to any of the ones we currently know of.
    BTW, there's "Hints" towards all of the regions. The states are far from France too. That means it could be Unova too using your logic. The fact that the strange souvenier comes from a region we don't yet know of, is bound to serve some significance later.

That significance, is bound to be access to whatever region it is from.

Yeah, I suppose, either way though, Kanto or otherwise, I'd like to see some more content.
    Nintendo WFC Friend Code: 3024 - 5738 - 8918
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Drifblim

Are anybody of you guys familiar with the Prankster Riolu Roar-Copycat lock? For the uninitiated, here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KId0j4g5KE

I tested this out and sadly, for this generation it doesn't work anymore. Copycat will no longer copy Roar, and so the combo is now unusable. I published the Battle Video test I've done in the Battle Mayo.

AR9W-WWWW-WWW3-6BTV

They either fixed this bug from previous generations, or made a new bug entirely. Sadly, this means the smallest OU contender of BW2 can't find a job in that tier anymore.
    Last edited by Xaby; 23rd November 2013 at 6:53 AM.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I noticed a pokemon missing from the multi battle list

my partner used a ferrothorn, normal ability,will post items/moves later, it was not on the list so yeah
    you can call it anything you want, i still call it GOOd (get it, its a goodra joke)

current shinies in x/y (Flora), (Sonnet), (Ashen), (carbunkle)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Are anybody of you guys familiar with the Prankster Riolu Roar-Copycat lock? For the uninitiated, here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KId0j4g5KE

I tested this out and sadly, for this generation it doesn't work anymore. Copycat will no longer copy Roar, and so the combo is now unusable. I published the Battle Video test I've done in the Battle Mayo.

AR9W-WWWW-WWW3-6BTV

They either fixed this bug from previous generations, or made a new bug entirely. Sadly, this means the smallest OU contender of BW2 can't find a job in that tier anymore.
    Good, that thing was overly annoying.
    Good Riddance
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

This isn't listed on the Multi battle partner pokemon so here it is:
    Excadrill Female
    Sand Rush
    Earthquake
    Sandstorm
    Rock Slide
    ???- Seems very reluctant to use this move
    I'll edit when I find that 4th move and the item

Quote Originally Posted by ThePokerus1 View Post
    Excadrill Female
    Sand Rush
    Earthquake
    Sandstorm
    Rock Slide
    You don't have to wait for your partner to use the moves you know, if you go to switch pokemon, you can have a look at your partner pokemons status screens as well.

I don't know if this has been discussed but the Strange Souvenir is banned from the Battle Spot, it might have some competitive use.
    Hello, I'm TheShinyMedicham! Meditite was my first ever Shiny Pokémon, so it's become one of my favourite Pokémon. My favourite Pokémon is Snivy, and my favourite type is Grass.
    Shiny Total: 16

Hitmontop is best dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyMedicham View Post
    I don't know if this has been discussed but the Strange Souvenir is banned from the Battle Spot, it might have some competitive use.
    banned?
    could it possibly be something to increase stats for legendaries?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePokerus1 View Post
    Excadrill Female
    Sand Rush
    Earthquake
    Sandstorm
    Rock Slide
    Just a FYI, but you can view the status page of your partner's Pokemon as though they were your own Pokemon.

By the by, has anybody gotten a Bug Safari Zone with Vivillion? I can't get it to "register" on the pre-entry summary of a zone. I've knocked it out, caught one, and even caught it's Hidden Ability. Still nothing, it just shows a Combee and a Beautifly before I enter.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

By the by, has anybody gotten a Bug Safari Zone with Vivillion? I can't get it to "register" on the pre-entry summary of a zone. I've knocked it out, caught one, and even caught it's Hidden Ability. Still nothing, it just shows a Combee and a Beautifly before I enter.
    It's a bug (no pun intended) in the game, speculated to be because Vivillon comes in multiple forms.

It is because of this. The game will recignise wat is in the safari an region u are from for original location/pattern of vivillon when u see it ingame, however when u try and see it on the status scrern before h enter there is a conflict that occurs. I believe this to occur because the game tries to read both the region of the ds that is being used AS WELL as the region of the 3ds the safari comes from. I have a feeling that thisnis causing a conflict as it will wan to show both patterns at the same time yet is unable to, and therefore is unable to render either pattern, even with games in the same region/pattern.

Also i would LOVE to see the new region be based on Australia. Some of the animals they could base pokemon on from Australie could turn out very nicely. But in the end we know nothing other than the artifact is from a new region.
    3DS FC: 4682-9608-3748
    Water Safari with Bibaril, Gyarados and Frogadier
    If you add me pm me and ill add u as well

It is because of this. The game will recignise wat is in the safari an region u are from for original location/pattern of vivillon when u see it ingame, however when u try and see it on the status scrern before h enter there is a conflict that occurs. I believe this to occur because the game tries to read both the region of the ds that is being used AS WELL as the region of the 3ds the safari comes from. I have a feeling that thisnis causing a conflict as it will wan to show both patterns at the same time yet is unable to, and therefore is unable to render either pattern, even with games in the same region/pattern.

Also i would LOVE to see the new region be based on Australia. Some of the animals they could base pokemon on from Australie could turn out very nicely. But in the end we know nothing other than the artifact is from a new region.
    It might not be ideal for a Pokemon game because of the large amount of death desert area. But a deadly spider kangaroo Pokemon that doesn't look like a dinosaur would be nice.

(By the way, I'm from Australia so I'm not being biased against it or anything :P)
    Hello, I'm TheShinyMedicham! Meditite was my first ever Shiny Pokémon, so it's become one of my favourite Pokémon. My favourite Pokémon is Snivy, and my favourite type is Grass.

I really want there to be a Koala-inspired pokemon. It would be funny if they based it on the drop bear, actually... but realistically, I could see them having it be one of the meant-to-be-cuddly type pokemon. Don't think a new region in this generation will be based on Australia... but I could definitely see it being the basis for Gen VII's first region. We just need to convince Masuda (and appropriate other people) to come here for a visit. Maybe they could even get a Pokemon event in which Australians finally get to obtain Celebi legitimately, and Masuda could attend it...

EDIT:
    It might not be ideal for a Pokemon game because of the large amount of death desert area. But a deadly spider kangaroo Pokemon that doesn't look like a dinosaur would be nice.

(By the way, I'm from Australia so I'm not being biased against it or anything :P)
    No need to base it on the entire country. Perhaps Queensland would be suitable. Desert area to the south-west, water region in the Great Barrier Reef, Rainforest areas along the coast, mountains provided by the dividing range in the south east, etc. Perhaps include NSW and ACT so that they can have a snowy mountain, too.
    Last edited by Aielyn; 24th November 2013 at 1:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    We just need to convince Masuda (and appropriate other people) to come here for a visit. Maybe they could even get a Pokemon event in which Australians finally get to obtain Celebi legitimately, and Masuda could attend it...
    Australia needs more events in general :P

Anyway we're sort of getting off topic here.

Australia needs more events in general :P

Anyway we're sort of getting off topic here.
    Hey, we may finally find where the male Kangaskhan comes from/goes to...

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    I've heard a rumor, and I'm not sure how true it is, but it said that if you take a Rotom to the ghost girl in Lumiose, she gives you a Rare Candy. Kind of anti-climactic, since we all expected it to have something to do with an event of some kind, which is why it feels like a typical TCPI troll moveplausible yet unlikely to me. Has this been tested, and if so, is it confirmed or denied?
    You can meet her again?

That's because Vivillion doesn't show up in the preview no matter what, even if it appears in the Safari itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewing View Post
    banned?
    could it possibly be something to increase stats for legendaries?
    Yeah, it said, "One of your Pokémon is holding a banned item." I took away the Strange Souvenir and it worked. I think Soul Dew is the only other banned item, so that's interesting.

Something interesting that I noticed while farming for evolution stones in Super Training:

While doing the Hydreigon one which gives Sun Stone and Moon Stone, I always seemed to get one of them when the timer had 3:00 to 3:10 left and whenever the last number was odd I got Sun Stone and whenever it was even I got Moon Stone. Of course this isn't confirmed at all and more testing needs to be done but my theory is that there is a specific range of time which you need to target in order to get the best items in the training minigames.

EDIT: Did some more testing. I scored 3:01 and got a Lemonade. I also scored 3:08 and got Sun Stone.

EDIT2: Both evo stones are still pretty frequent when I'm aiming for around 3:08.
    Last edited by Ѕhiny Missingno; 26th November 2013 at 3:05 PM.

This isn't a big discovery, but I noticed that on Shelgon's XY page on Serebii, it doesn't say anything about that Shelgon can have a wild item: Dragon fang. I checked also on the Dragon fang page, and it says that just Druddigon and Bagon can be found in the wild with that item in XY. Well I just noticed that the Shelgon I caught in the FriendSafari had dragon fang on it. So maybe if Serebii see this post or if someone notify him, so Shelgon's page and the DragonFang page be updated

But ofcourse this isn't really important either ^^'

Page 120 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast