Page 124 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3359

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

  1. #3076
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    using Yusuf's list, I looked for some possible parentage for those moves

    here's what I got

    Chimecho/Chingling-Cosmic Power - Unknown
    Honedge/Dwebble/Nosepass/Geodude - Wide Guard - Unknown
    Honedge - Destiny Bond - Yamask line
    Litwick - Power Split - Yamask line
    Heracross - Arm Thrust - Itself
    Slugma - Guard Swap - Unknown
    Ralts - Ally Switch - Itself (Gen V TM)
    Sableye - Imprison - Elgyem line
    Onix - Rototiller - Unknown
    Charmander - Air Cutter - Charizard, Dragonite, Swablu line, Tropius, Salamence (PtHGSS tutors)
    Inkay - Flatter - Unknown

    On another note, Noibat gets Outrage from Swablu line or Archeops (past Gen tutors), while Snatch comes from Zubat line, Murkrow line, and Vullaby line (past Gen tutors/TM).
    Looking through unobtainable Water 1 & Water 2 egg group Pokemon, maybe Lumineon or Milotic got Flatter by level up now?

  2. #3077
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    To help out a bit, the missing parents are;
    Chimecho/Chingling-Cosmic Power - Unknown
    Slugma - Guard Swap - Unknown
    Castform(Fairy), Misdreavus, Koffing, Yamask(Mineral), Frillish
    Castform seems to be the likeliest culprit for both.
    Honedge/Dwebble/Nosepass/Geodude - Wide Guard - Unknown
    Onix/Dwebble - Rototiller - Unknown
    Bug-Kricketune
    Mineral-Yamask/Cofagrigus(Amorphous)
    Yamask is probably the obvious choice for Wide Guard, while Rototiller might be Kricketune's doing.
    Inkay - Flatter - Unknown
    Water 1: Mudkip(Monster), Totodile(Monster), Piplup(Field)
    Water 2: Finneon, Feebas/Milotic

    Piplup seems likely, but since starters are generally not intentionally chain members Finneon probably got it now. Forgot Milotic, that's the likeliest parent.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  3. #3078
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,981

    Default

    I'm not looking at what could get stuff, I'm just looking at what we already know gets stuff, at least in Gen V.

    Anywho, looked through some stuff, organized into known sources and unknown sources of moves

    Charmander - Air Cutter - Charizard, Dragonite, Swablu line, Tropius, Salamence (Pt/HGSS tutors)
    Ralts - Ally Switch - Itself (Gen V TM)
    Sableye - Imprison - Elgyem line
    Drifloon - Tailwind - Castform (HGSS/BW2 tutors)
    Karrablast - Drill Run - Beedrill, Pineco line (BW2 tutors)
    Litwick - Power Split - Yamask line
    Honedge - Destiny Bond - Yamask line
    Noibat - Outrage - Swablu line, Archeops (Pt/HGSS/BW2 tutors)
    Noibat/Fletchling - Snatch - Zubat line, Murkrow line, Vullaby line (Gen III/IV TM, BW2 tutor)

    Chingling - Cosmic Power - [Amorphous]
    Slugma - Guard Swap - [Amorphous]
    Klefki - Switcheroo - [Mineral]
    Geodude/Nosepass/Roggenrola/Honedge/Dwebble - Wide Guard - [Mineral or Bug]
    Onix/Dwebble - Rototiller - [Mineral or Bug]
    Inkay - Flatter - [Water 1 or Water 2]
    Hawlucha - Mud Sport - [Humanshape]
    Amaura/Bergmite - Barrier - [Monster]
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 9th December 2013 at 4:58 AM.

  4. #3079
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Man....Is there anyone out there who wants to trade a shiny froakie for my shiny Noivern?......Just pm me and I'll add you.

  5. #3080
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leonmagnus009 View Post
    Man....Is there anyone out there who wants to trade a shiny froakie for my shiny Noivern?......Just pm me and I'll add you.
    Probably best to go here:

    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Trading-Thread
    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

  6. #3081
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,981

    Default

    Something in Monster or Field needs to give Rhyhorn line and Shieldon line Guard Split, as I don't believe GF wants us to rely on Smeargle for that.

    Everything else that hasn't already been mentioned has traceable parentage for moves.

  7. #3082
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Something in Monster or Field needs to give Rhyhorn line and Shieldon line Guard Split, as I don't believe GF wants us to rely on Smeargle for that.

    Everything else that hasn't already been mentioned has traceable parentage for moves.
    Bulbapedia thinks: Elgyem -> Spinda -> Rhyhorn -> Shieldon
    humanshape -> humanshape/field -> field/monster -> monster

    e: Were egg moves always so...convoluted? I've been keeping up with the smogon research threads and it seems like every other pokemon has some 3 or 4 pokemon long egg chain to pass moves

  8. #3083
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    e: Were egg moves always so...convoluted? I've been keeping up with the smogon research threads and it seems like every other pokemon has some 3 or 4 pokemon long egg chain to pass moves
    Kind of, the actual chains were not but getting the move combinations was very hard, if not outright impossible. But with the current mechanics, there is no longer anything as illegal egg move combination... but there is no longer TM inheritance either.

    Part of it might also be because of the low amount of Pokémon belonging to two different Egg Groups introduced in Gen VI, and the abysmally low amount of evolutionary family that belongs to a new Egg Group combination(I used singular because there is only one new Egg Group combo, Trevenant-line). But of course this wouldn't explain the amount of unnecessary TMs as Egg Moves or the even wider amount of level-up moves appearing as Egg Moves. It also doesn't explain the abysmally low amount of Egg Moves Kalos Pokémon has, even compared to other new generation Pokémon in the past(case in point, Drifloon and Spiritomb in D/P had 6 Egg Moves, Pumpkaboo has three).
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  9. #3084
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Kind of, the actual chains were not but getting the move combinations was very hard, if not outright impossible. But with the current mechanics, there is no longer anything as illegal egg move combination... but there is no longer TM inheritance either.

    Part of it might also be because of the low amount of Pokémon belonging to two different Egg Groups introduced in Gen VI, and the abysmally low amount of evolutionary family that belongs to a new Egg Group combination(I used singular because there is only one new Egg Group combo, Trevenant-line). But of course this wouldn't explain the amount of unnecessary TMs as Egg Moves or the even wider amount of level-up moves appearing as Egg Moves. It also doesn't explain the abysmally low amount of Egg Moves Kalos Pokémon has, even compared to other new generation Pokémon in the past(case in point, Drifloon and Spiritomb in D/P had 6 Egg Moves, Pumpkaboo has three).
    It semmed rather strange how little EggMoves they all got, cosidering the amount other Pokémon had and received.

    Regarding convoluted Egg Moves, I say this: Head Smash Nosepass.

  10. #3085
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    here...there....somewhere...
    Posts
    288

    Default

    i only wish sylveon and gardevoir can get hyper voice as an egg move now, that pixilate isnt the best with them considering both can only learn round and hyper beam(which is too insane with mega voir but too risky) as a normal special attacking move

  11. #3086
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azurewing View Post
    i only wish sylveon and gardevoir can get hyper voice as an egg move now, that pixilate isnt the best with them considering both can only learn round and hyper beam(which is too insane with mega voir but too risky) as a normal special attacking move
    Eevee and Gardevoir (and Ralts/Kirlia) get Hyper Voice as a move tutor move in Black/White 2 - so as long as you're not particularly interested in Ally Switch (Gardevoir) or Captivate (Sylveon), and don't need the pokemon to have the little blue pentagon, you should be able to breed one up there and transfer it over. And chances are that Hyper Voice will return as a move tutor move in the next game.

    If it doesn't, then this might be the primary reason why they decided to have that little flag - it allows them to permit transfer of pokemon up from Gen V, but prevent use of certain moves that have become broken on certain pokemon. A base power 117 Special attack that is supereffective against Dragons, with no real downside (except perhaps the inability to hit Soundproof pokemon), on a pokemon with 165 base SpA and 100 base Speed, is just a little too powerful, in my opinion.

    Let's just be glad that neither pokemon gets Boomburst (although Gardevoir gets Skill Swap, so pokemon that can learn Boomburst could be made rather powerful - another scary thought is Metagross Skill Swapped Pixilate and using Explosion).

  12. #3087
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azurewing View Post
    i only wish sylveon and gardevoir can get hyper voice as an egg move now, that pixilate isnt the best with them considering both can only learn round and hyper beam(which is too insane with mega voir but too risky) as a normal special attacking move
    They also have access to Echoed Voice (which in certain condition is better than Round) and Eevee also learns Trump Card through level up.


    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Regarding convoluted Egg Moves, I say this: Head Smash Nosepass.
    that isn't convoluted, it's just straight up impossible to obtain

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  13. #3088
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    that isn't convoluted, it's just straight up impossible to obtain
    To be perfectly honest, nobody should ever want a Head Smash Nosepass anyway. I'd rather be using a Cosmic Power Skitty.

    Though Head Smash Nosepass would be very easy to get if it was still programmed into the game, thanks to Aegislash knowing the move via level-up and being in the same egg group.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 11th December 2013 at 8:55 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock



  14. #3089
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    To be perfectly honest, nobody should ever want a Head Smash Nosepass anyway. I'd rather be using a Cosmic Power Skitty.

    Though Head Smash Nosepass would be very easy to get if it was still programmed into the game, thanks to Aegislash knowing the move via level-up and being in the same egg group.
    We checked it, none of the Mineral Egg Groupers get Head Smash in X/Y.

    Which makes no sense at all unless they are planning to make it a tutor move, or they just want keep trolling us, like always.

    Edit: Cleared my post.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 11th December 2013 at 6:56 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  15. #3090
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,916

    Default

    Nosepass can get Headsmash through abuse of of a glitch in HGSS http://youtu.be/K1gm1bCT8Rg which is what I assume dirkac was talking about

    It's so ridiculous how so many things with a literal head made of rock or things that are just a head can't get head smash

  16. #3091
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Nosepass can get Headsmash through abuse of of a glitch in HGSS http://youtu.be/K1gm1bCT8Rg which is what I assume dirkac was talking about

    It's so ridiculous how so many things with a literal head made of rock or things that are just a head can't get head smash
    Yeah, that's the one I meant.

    I wonder why they even programmed that in if Glitches and Cheating is the only way to get it :/

  17. #3092
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Yeah, that's the one I meant.

    I wonder why they even programmed that in if Glitches and Cheating is the only way to get it :/
    Considering it was removed in BW i'm guessing it was just a programming oversite

  18. #3093
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Yeah, that's the one I meant.

    I wonder why they even programmed that in if Glitches and Cheating is the only way to get it :/
    My guess is that it's an oversight or that it was a last-minute addition. It could have even been an accident since it was removed in BW. Even though it would theoretically obtain it from Aegislash, they didn't add it back in, so it could have just been an addition that they decided to not keep.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock



  19. #3094
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Considering it was removed in BW i'm guessing it was just a programming oversite
    Could be, although the might have not realised nothing in Nosepass' Egg Group learns it. (Which kinda lowers my opinion of them, if they don't even know what Moves their Pokémon can learn)

    But, eh, it doesn't matter, since Head Smash Nosepass/Probopass wouldn't really be usefull anyway.

  20. #3095
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Guys i was trying to fill my pokedex (552 atm), i traded a articuno for a dusclops with reaper cloth, everything fine, he envolved and got dusknoir, the problem is, in my pokedes dusknoir still dont show. how can i get dusknoir in pokedex?

    I hate this bug, so hard work for nothing i guess.

    sorry for my english :s

  21. #3096
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kraver View Post
    Guys i was trying to fill my pokedex (552 atm), i traded a articuno for a dusclops with reaper cloth, everything fine, he envolved and got dusknoir, the problem is, in my pokedes dusknoir still dont show. how can i get dusknoir in pokedex?

    I hate this bug, so hard work for nothing i guess.

    sorry for my english :s
    Only thing I can think of is you're looking for Dusknoir to be straight after Dusclops in the Pokedex when it's #477 not #357.
    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

  22. #3097
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Senior View Post
    Only thing I can think of is you're looking for Dusknoir to be straight after Dusclops in the Pokedex when it's #477 not #357.
    omg, thats it!

    Im so nab, thx alot mate!

    Thats the problem about skiping 3 pokemon generations xD

  23. #3098
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    44

    Default

    How did Serebii get his information of exact levels of moves learned by legendary Pokémon prior to the level of their capture.
    I officially claim Feraligatr

  24. #3099
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daveo100 View Post
    How did Serebii get his information of exact levels of moves learned by legendary Pokémon prior to the level of their capture.
    I'm guessing the pokedex guide that came out recently in Japan had them listed.

  25. #3100
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I'm guessing the pokedex guide that came out recently in Japan had them listed.
    Yep.

    The guide was out in Japan December 6th. Serebii used it as reference to update the Egg Moves for the Pokemon.
    So obviously, the legendary moves were taken from that as well.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


Page 124 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •