Page 126 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3356

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    You do realize the servers are flooded with people downloading at the moment? It's understandable why the service would be slow. In fact, this happened with XY when they were released on the eShop.
    I don't feel like busy servers explain why reading my SD card is slow, why the apps keep on freezing right before the menus, or why PokeTransfer works only with Box 1 of the PC.
    3DS FC: 5327-2106-0213 (Slugma, Magmar, Braxien)
    ---
    Male Azumarill IVs: -----3 / 31 / 9 / 31 / 11 / 23
    Female Azumarill IVs: 31 / 0 - 1 / 31 / 8 / 4 / 5

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    You can't, which is why I said you can't
    Oooh, that sounds like a pain! But, on the other hand, I am too excited so I'll just block out time to do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Player View Post
    I don't feel like busy servers explain [...] why PokeTransfer works only with Box 1 of the PC.
    I am guessing this is so the servers aren't overworked with people transporting their 1000s of Pokémon all at once.

So do you transfer the whole box, or do you pick and choose from Box 1?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I don't feel like busy servers explain why reading my SD card is slow, why the apps keep on freezing right before the menus, or why PokeTransfer works only with Box 1 of the PC.
    The bolded are completely irrelevant issues to what Serebii is talking about. Not sure why you're bringing that up. Also, Poketransfer is likely sticking to 1 box to prevent people from crashing the servers, like what Haxin' Wishes said.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    So do you transfer the whole box, or do you pick and choose from Box 1?
    Whole box.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    The bolded are completely irrelevant issues to what Serebii is talking about. Not sure why you're bringing that up. Also, Poketransfer is likely sticking to 1 box to prevent people from crashing the servers, like what Haxin' Wishes said.
    How about what I'm talking about? Long SD card checks and not-infrequent freezing are what I had in mind when I said the apps were slow a few posts ago.
    ---

...Wow. And I thought it was just me being a stupid.

Anyway, PokeBank and PokeTransfer are slow and inconvenient. I was going to get it since it was just $5, but there's no way I'm giving Game Freak money for something as shoddy as this. If they make a version 1.1 I'll reconsider, but I'm not spending money on them in their current forms.
    It's slow and inconvenient the first couple hours of launch! And even if is slow and inconvenient as a unique service, it is still exponentially faster and more convenient than any of the past alternatives. The ability to transfer an entire box in a matter of minutes. Not to mention the eventual transfer between Gen VI games. It's still definitely worth the $5 dollars, even if it takes an hour to transfer.

Plus, you don't have to pay the $5. You can use the free trial for the month and then never use the service again.

Anyway, do we think come Friday GameFreak/Nintendo is going to add more servers and address the transfer times or is this something we are just going to have to deal with it until the initial rush dies down?
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

Need help? Just let me know.

Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    It's slow and inconvenient the first couple hours of launch! And even if is slow and inconvenient as a unique service, it is still exponentially faster and more convenient than any of the past alternatives. The ability to transfer an entire box in a matter of minutes. Not to mention the eventual transfer between Gen VI games. It's still definitely worth the $5 dollars, even if it takes an hour to transfer.

Plus, you don't have to pay the $5. You can use the free trial for the month and then never use the service again.

Anyway, do we think come Friday GameFreak/Nintendo is going to add more servers and address the transfer times or is this something we are just going to have to deal with it until the initial rush dies down?
    I could see them adding servers in the future, but not so near in the future as Friday. We'll probably have to wait until the rush dies down, and in a month or so we'll see the addition of servers.

But, I mean... what do I know? I'm just taking shots in the dark, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post

I dunno, when you factor in the time it takes to move all your pokemon to Box 1 in-game, and then the time it takes to boot up PokeTransfer, log in twice, check your SD card, log in twice again, check your SD card again, boot up PokeBank, log in twice, and check your SD card yet again, I feel like it evens out.

My plan right now is to only use the initial trial. But who knows? Maybe in a week or so, Game Freak will patch them so that you can PokeTransfer for any box and they work quicker. If that happens, I'll be fine with them. But the way they are right now, I am personally am not going to spend my money on them.
    ---

I do hope that Whimsicott can learn Moonblast without having Cottonee needing to learn it prior to evolution.

Whimsicott did, after all, become fairy type, and it recently gained another stab bonus. One would probably have already evolved one.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Does anyone know whether the pokémon infected with pokerus are still infected when they make the migration?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Does anyone know whether the pokémon infected with pokerus are still infected when they make the migration?
    Pokemon that were infected and cured of pokerus retain the little smiley face thing. So I don't have direct proof, but I'd imagine that pokemon with pokerus itself retain it.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I do hope that Whimsicott can learn Moonblast without having Cottonee needing to learn it prior to evolution.

Whimsicott did, after all, become fairy type, and it recently gained another stab bonus. One would probably have already evolved one.
    This is new to me lol. I still haven't gotten all of the re-typing down yet.

So we can transfer a whole box at a time? That's what I gathered from another thread but I just want to know for sure.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

So anyone tried transferring hacked Pokémons yet? I might as well breed my Pokémons now to make sure the ones I want are able to go to X/Y.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    So anyone tried transferring hacked Pokémons yet? I might as well breed my Pokémons now to make sure the ones I want are able to go to X/Y.
    they all ready said you cant tansfer hacked pokemon
    my claim is Staraptor
    I love to help people if you ever need anything let me know, I will see what I can do

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinemasterking View Post
    they all ready said you cant tansfer hacked pokemon
    I assume he means in an attempt to see what pokemon are rejected or if it's good enough to detect any and all hacks

Serebii, can you confirm or debunk if the Celebi we get has the usual 3 IV because it's a legendary?

Hold back is officially useless in competitive. Just wow. Thank you pokebank -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Hold back is officially useless in competitive. Just wow. Thank you pokebank -.-
    It was always going to be useless in competitive
    There was never any reason to think otherwise, at all.

You people complain a lot. If you don't like the move then just replace it. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It was always going to be useless in competitive
    There was never any reason to think otherwise, at all.
    I thought it would have more BP and at least be a special move. Oh boy was I wrong.

Its just like False Swipe, just a different name.
    It might not be helpful in Competitive play but its real helpful in catching Pokemon during your walkthrough.

I thought it would have more BP and at least be a special move. Oh boy was I wrong.
    It's
    False Swipe

It's dumb how it isn't different in anyway beyond flavor (presumably they will start handing out hold back to things with out claws, I guess? see also: block & mean look) but there was never any chance ever of the thing being used competitively

I just noticed that all non-nicknamed Pokémon have had their names uncapped in the transfer
    If I read this correctly, then does this mean that our Gen IV event Legends that we could never nickname will finally have their names lowercased? If so, thank God. I have a MEW and JIRACHI sitting on my White 2 that was transferred from HeartGold, it's good to know that they'll become a Mew and Jirachi rather than being permanently stuck as MEW and JIRACHI.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

I just noticed that all non-nicknamed Pokémon have had their names uncapped in the transfer
    pokebank goty all years

All of the yes. (Even though I already re-nicknamed all my SoulSilver legends sans Mew and Jirachi.)
    Claims | Bergmite, Knights of the Round (Final Fantasy series, summon)
    3DS Friend Code | 2148 8469 8580
    ΩRαS | Adventure awaits.
    X | Nixon (OT: 43198) / Friend Safari Ghost (Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, Dusclops)
    Wh | Ace (OT: 62283) ・ W2 | Lloyd (OT: 30233)SS | Karagu (OT: 55992)

KEEP CALM and BE A CHAMPION

Page 126 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast