Page 131 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135 LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3359

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NPlay View Post
    That's not the way Feebas evolve in generation V, I don't see why it may work in gen VI. :/
    Though you can't max its beauty in Generation V, you can trade in a max beauty Feebas from Gen III or IV and evolve it in Gen V, as the contest stats are retained but not used in Gen V.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by bidoofdude View Post
    He couldn't relearn it in previous gens either.
    If you had a move that wasn't in your normal learnset (including: TMs, HMs, Egg moves, Event Moves, Move Tutors) before gen 6 you wouldn't be able to remember them

It seems pokebank (maybe specifically those without the Kalos pentagon?) pokemon don't get this ability like, say, Happy Hour Inkay

I put an assault vest on my malamar and that was a really good decision in my opinion, but i wanted to add toxic to it. Does assault vest prevent me from using it?

Quote Originally Posted by leonmagnus009 View Post
    I put an assault vest on my malamar and that was a really good decision in my opinion, but i wanted to add toxic to it. Does assault vest prevent me from using it?
    Yes, it prevents you from using Toxic.
    After all, the Assault Vest is an offensive vest that raises Sp. Def but prevents the use of status moves.

This was bugging me for a while, so I decided to look into it using what I had on hand.

I bred a female Feebas with Dragon Pulse/Mist/Confuse Ray/Hypnosis with a male Feebas with Mirror Coat/Hypnosis/Dragon Pulse/Confuse Ray, and got a baby Feebas with Hypnosis/Dragon Pulse/Confuse Ray/Mist. The baby, when taking to the Move Reminder, could not relearn Mirror Coat; only Splash was available.

I then put the parents back in the Day-Care in the reverse order to see if that would change anything (the male first instead of the female). It did not; this baby was the same as the other, moveset-wise.

My hypothesis is that the game first checks the father for Egg moves, adds applicable ones onto the baby, then checks the mother for non-repeated ones and adds those onto the set. Mind, this is just from one test, and this could obviously work out in several different ways than the one described above, but I'm assuming Occam's Razor is in full effect here, because GameFreak's not that smart. It's late here, but if anyone else wants to look into this, be my guest.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 3rd January 2014 at 7:57 AM.

Does anyone known about cloning in x and y?Ι dont know if its allowed to speak about that matter in this forum(inform me to avoid being banned please)
    Last edited by Yahazugiri7; 3rd January 2014 at 5:21 PM.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Yahazugiri7 View Post
    Does anyone known about cloning in x and y?Ι dont know if its allowed to speak about that matter in this forum(inform me to avoid being banned please)
    It is possible in standard trades. It is not possible through GTS or alternative software.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    My hypothesis is that the game first checks the father for Egg moves, adds applicable ones onto the baby, then checks the mother for non-repeated ones and adds those onto the set. Mind, this is just from one test, and this could obviously work out in several different ways than the one described above, but I'm assuming Occam's Razor is in full effect here, because GameFreak's not that smart. It's late here, but if anyone else wants to look into this, be my guest.
    If game is iterating through each item during the inheritance, the female's moves might be checked one-by-one. If it is pre-checked and inherited in bulk, your case probably stands. Either way it would work the same.

It amuses me to hear that female's potentially crappy Egg Moves can override already inherited moves though. I hope they will expand the Egg Moves slots in the pkx files to gain eight open slots to help out with the dual inheritance instead of current four(ohh... another element to add to my franchise wishlist. Also inb4 eight event only move Pokémon).
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 3rd January 2014 at 6:10 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quick question - I just picked up the game with the intent of putting my starter in the bank, restarting, putting the next one in the bank, etc etc., until I had all three starters to play the game with. Obviously this has now been delayed since poke bank has been delayed. However, here's my big question:

- I downloaded the wonder card for torchic (but have not yet picked him up). If I restart the game without using the wonder card and taking delivery of torchic, can i still get him later after I restart the game? I feel like if I take him now, then put him in the bank, he will lose the blazikenite and then I will not have the blazikenite later when I have all three starters using bank.

so - if i hold off on picking up torchic from the pokemon center, then can i do the bank/restart method to get all three pokes, and THEN pick up torchic? Thanks!
    Diamond FC: 3823 5722 9917
    White FC: 0948 2392 5613
    Black2 FC: 5029 5988 7601

Current Team:

Event Offerings:
    Kanto: (FEB2012), (Aura), (FAL2010)
    Johto: (ShinySPR2010), (ShinyWIN2011), (ShinyWIN2011), (ShinyWIN2011), (10ANNIV), (10ANNIV), (WIN2011)
    Hoenn: (ShinyBirth Island SR), (WISHMKR)
    Sinnoh: (ShinySUM2013), (Ranger), (ALAMOS), (2012MAY), (TRU), (TRU)
    Unova: (ShinyJP), ( - Liberty Pass), ( - Movie14), ( - Plasma)

Shinies:
    Crobat, Scizor, Gyarados

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravo View Post
    Quick question - I just picked up the game with the intent of putting my starter in the bank, restarting, putting the next one in the bank, etc etc., until I had all three starters to play the game with. Obviously this has now been delayed since poke bank has been delayed. However, here's my big question:

- I downloaded the wonder card for torchic (but have not yet picked him up). If I restart the game without using the wonder card and taking delivery of torchic, can i still get him later after I restart the game? I feel like if I take him now, then put him in the bank, he will lose the blazikenite and then I will not have the blazikenite later when I have all three starters using bank.

so - if i hold off on picking up torchic from the pokemon center, then can i do the bank/restart method to get all three pokes, and THEN pick up torchic? Thanks!
    Restarting the game erases everything. You can get the Wonder Card on each file, even if you've already got the Torchic.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Restarting the game erases everything. You can get the Wonder Card on each file, even if you've already got the Torchic.
    However, the event must still be running whenever you restart. Given that the date for the Torchic is Jan 15th, there is a possibility that Pokémon Bank will not be available for all players, by the time the event finishes. Torchic can be easily replaced via GTS, but the held item Blazikinite is not.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

got it, thanks a lot!
    Diamond FC: 3823 5722 9917
    White FC: 0948 2392 5613
    Black2 FC: 5029 5988 7601

Current Team:

Event Offerings:
    Kanto: (FEB2012), (Aura), (FAL2010)
    Johto: (ShinySPR2010), (ShinyWIN2011), (ShinyWIN2011), (ShinyWIN2011), (10ANNIV), (10ANNIV), (WIN2011)
    Hoenn: (ShinyBirth Island SR), (WISHMKR)
    Sinnoh: (ShinySUM2013), (Ranger), (ALAMOS), (2012MAY), (TRU), (TRU)
    Unova: (ShinyJP), ( - Liberty Pass), ( - Movie14), ( - Plasma)

Shinies:
    Crobat, Scizor, Gyarados

Hey all
    Do we already know if move tutor moves from gen V can be bred in this gen?
    I thought there may be a chance with all the breeding changes in this gen
    Anyone tested it out?
    White FC: 5287 1719 3894
    3DS FC : 4227-2169-9683

Quote Originally Posted by stardust1 View Post
    Hey all
    Do we already know if move tutor moves from gen V can be bred in this gen?
    I thought there may be a chance with all the breeding changes in this gen
    Anyone tested it out?
    They only pass if they're egg moves. There are a small handful of new egg moves that require a tutored pokemon from 5th gen, but otherwise nothing

Thanks!
    I was hoping to breed a perfect Sneasel with Low Kick, but I guess I'll have to find another move
    White FC: 5287 1719 3894
    3DS FC : 4227-2169-9683

Hi, do we currently know what items are available in the balloon popping attraction that was released today?
    My FC is 177895586313 and my Safari is Water with Krabby, Azumarill and Quagsire.

Quote Originally Posted by Breyfunk View Post
    Hi, do we currently know what items are available in the balloon popping attraction that was released today?
    It hasn't come out yet

Post Pokémon Bank and PokéTransported cancelled?

What if the Pokémon Bank and the PokéTransporter for Pokémon X and Y have been cancelled, including outside of Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by MiloticTwins View Post
    What if the Pokémon Bank and the PokéTransporter for Pokémon X and Y have been cancelled, including outside of Asia?
    They definitely are still releasing the Bank worldwide, so there's no reason to worry about it. It wouldn't still be on the eShop as TBD if they were cancelling it, after all. The people who got it before it went down still can use it, so they wouldn't be dropping that. We just don't know when we're getting it yet. Hopefully we'll know soon, though.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Oh, sorry to infract, you guys!

I noticed that people are complaining about no Bank. I believe there's one good reason for such complaining:

Is it more difficult to obtain a flawless legendary pokemon that cannot be bred, like Mewtwo, Mew, Kyogre, Groudon, etc. in X/Y without Pokémon Bank?

I recall that the only way to reliably get such is by RNG abuse, a concept easy in B/W(Gen V), but harder in X/Y(Gen VI). Is it a fact that, if you cannot RNG abuse in X/Y and hope for it to stick, no Bank means strong legends are harder to obtain, maybe impossible w/o extreme luck(meaning you should not look for one unless you can manipulate its IVs, in a legitimate manner, as they are decided by the RNG at time of capture or obtainment)???

^ What's your response? If people want their legends transferred, then I assume that the longer Nintendo waits to get the Bank out, the more frustrated they will become, and although I'm not a whiner, I feel for those who can't transfer some of their strong pokemon and can't replicate them in any way...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 12th January 2014 at 11:43 PM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

The difficulty in obtaining "flawless legendary pokemon that cannot be bred" is not a good reason to complain about anything, no.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The difficulty in obtaining "flawless legendary pokemon that cannot be bred" is not a good reason to complain about anything, no.
    Ah...

Then I guess the people who want to send Nintendo hate tweets/hate mail/other forms of gripes over no Pokémon Bank and/or want to resort to external device use for purposes of replicating their Gen 5 flawless legendary unbreedable pokemon just because they can't get Bank, when Nintendo is already working on it, need to stop complaining and realize that even Nintendo deserves fair treatment and time to make their wishes possible in a legitimate and polite manner? If that's the case, then the moral of story is that it's not nice to have a mentality that favors possessions that are above, beyond, and/or yet to be released into, the game. But it is nice to have a mentality that favors respect, willingness to play within the boundaries set by the makers of the game in question, and patience when it comes to extras that the maker will release at a pace that cannot be changed without potentially breaking the game's spirit, or causing some other harmful circumstance, let it be malfunctioning game-related equipment, no unused material left in game to keep fans interested in it that could be more appropriate for other points in game lifetime, among other things that could go wrong if you release things too quickly. It will come in due time, and no one has the power to change that outside of Nintendo. It's not the fans' project to manipulate, it's Nintendo's project--and only Nintendo's project--to fix, finish, and release to the fans within legitimate channels.

Thank you for your reply, sir...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 13th January 2014 at 12:36 AM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

Don't discuss Pokemon Bank and why people are mad at it

Oops, sorry I won't! *Sniffs in depression*

Apparently (after doing some diggings on various sites), regarding to the Psychic Inver on Route 18, you'd have to land at least 7 super-effective hits the entire match without fainting to get stones/rare candy x3 (?). Anything less than 7 super-effective hits (probably 4-6 hits) and you may get type-resist berries (probably still has to be without fainting). 3 super-effective OHKO or 1 of your pokemon fainted gets you Sitrus berry or some normal berry (such as Oran or Chesto). It might not be accurate, but that's probably the easier way to get evolution stones than super training. Take it with the grain of salt. :/
    Last edited by Flame Haze SnS; 15th January 2014 at 1:27 PM.

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Pokemon - Omega Ruby (3DS XL) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Page 131 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135 LastLast