Page 53 of 135 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3354

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jabberwockxeno View Post
    This his signature? What does it do?
    It's Earthquake but weaker (90 power) and it doesn't target allies in Double/Triple battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberpwnage13 View Post
    I've discovered a bunch of info not on the site and sent a few emails to the webmaster, but I think that maybe it would be better to post it here. I've also posted a bunch of data to the Marilland discovery thread, so I'll repost here what I posted there.

Spoilered because of walls of text.

Spoiler:- Female Clothes (incomplete list):

Most Pokemon from before seem to keep their BW2 movesets, save for new moves.

Spoiler:- Moveset Additions, Changes, and Move Reminders:

Spoiler:- Moves Learned by the Elite Four's Pokemon (incomplete):
    Sorry about not responding to e-mails. Got a huge backlog to go through. Will sort out female clothes shortly

Quote Originally Posted by jabberwockxeno View Post
    I'll be honest: I'd rather have mons that should be fairy be fairy even if it means that they become the most overpowered thing imaginable.
    But then we get into the matter of what "should be" a Fairy-type; I know that a lot of people, for example, wanted Milotic to be reclassified as a Fairy-type, but personally, I don't think that the Fairy-type suits Milotic all that much.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknir View Post
    So apparently Manectric is found in the Friend Safari. Just caught one there. Could mean that it technically isn't version exclusive, though only through the Friend Safari. Can't exactly confirm that myself because the game I caught it in was Y.
    i found one in my X so i can confirm it has nothing to do with version exclusives
    everything is set depending on the friend code

Quote Originally Posted by Uberpwnage13 View Post
    I've discovered a bunch of info not on the site and sent a few emails to the webmaster, but I think that maybe it would be better to post it here. I've also posted a bunch of data to the Marilland discovery thread, so I'll repost here what I posted there.

Spoilered because of walls of text.

Spoiler:- Female Clothes (incomplete list):

Most Pokemon from before seem to keep their BW2 movesets, save for new moves.

Spoiler:- Moveset Additions, Changes, and Move Reminders:

Spoiler:- Moves Learned by the Elite Four's Pokemon (incomplete):

Hawlucha seems to have ridiculously high speed. Diantha's Hawlucha was 10 levels lower than my Zygarde and still outsped it.

Mega Mewtwo Y has lower Defense than Mewtwo. All other stats are increased (save for HP).

There's a new item called the Rosari Berry that halves the power of an incoming super-effective Fairy type move.
    Kind of messed up that the only moves Tyrantrum can take advantage of through level-up are Bite and Crunch. I would have thought Fire Fang and Thunder Fang would have been re-learnable at least. Guess they might be Egg Moves? I'd try but my Tyrantrum is male.

Hello there, there's something i wanted to ask about the recent discoveries regarding the new breeding mechanics.
    I read that now males can pass their hidden ability to their offsprings.
    Does this only apply to pokemon of the same species?
    I'm making an example: if I breed my male torchic with accelerator with a female wooper, do I have a chanche to obtain a wooper with Unaware ability?
    Last edited by Maxx86; 16th October 2013 at 11:03 PM.

I don't know if this was mentioned, but the whole "critical capture" thing from Gen V? It's back in this game, too. Just experienced it a few minutes ago - caught a fresh Clauncher with it.
    Platinum FC: ASH 2880 5968 5947
    SoulSilver FC: Tsuki 4899 2121 6547
    Black FC: Melanie 5286 2457 2362
    White FC: Zeke 2838 4255 7208
    White 2 FC: Dixie 1980 1508 2421
    3DS FC: 1650-1541-7926
    AC Dream Address: 4600-3147-0229

Heavy Metal

I was out training a Mamoswine I got as a Piloswine from the Frost Cave, and it had Oblivious. I took a look at the ability, and apparently, it now blocks moves such as Taunt. I haven't tested to see if it blocks Encore or Torment, but it's a safe bet that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    But then we get into the matter of what "should be" a Fairy-type; I know that a lot of people, for example, wanted Milotic to be reclassified as a Fairy-type, but personally, I don't think that the Fairy-type suits Milotic all that much.
    True, but I think chansey and audino are pretty close to as objectively "should be fairy type" as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx86 View Post
    Hello there, there's something i wanted to ask about the recent discoveries regarding the new breeding mechanics.
    I'm making an example: if I breed my male torchic with accelerator with a female wooper, do I have a chanche to obtain a swooper with Unaware ability?
    Oh, I was wondering this also.

Heh! When I encountered a hiker who said something like "You should see the region I come from." I knew in my gut he wasn't talking about a region from one of the past generations, he meant a brand new region that we can only fantasize about till Game Freak reveals it for a future game. Today I checked the homepage of Serebii.net for updates and saw a pic of the same hiker saying "Where is it, you ask? Well, I can tell you that it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova!" I was like "Yes! I knew it was a hint to a region we're receiving in the future!" I wonder when the hiker starts saying his "Where is it, you ask?" dialogue.

~*~*~My Little Pony, My Little Pony...~*~*~
    I claimed Ponyta in the Bishie Version 2.0 thread!

There's a super-creepy ghost girl that appears on the second floor of one of the Lumiose City apartments on North Boulevard. It was so sudden, it's a shame that I didn't get to film or screenshot it. It happens quickly and automatically, so if anyone can record it that would be awesome. It's the building where the receptionist says she's from rural Unova.

Also, Mewtwo doesn't seem to be banned in the Battle Spot Free Battles. This does not apply to Rating Battles.
    Last edited by Uberpwnage13; 16th October 2013 at 11:14 PM.
    Rotom needs some cooler forms. How about a sports car? (Or a giant robot?)

Quote Originally Posted by Beachball View Post
    Heh! When I encountered a hiker who said something like "You should see the region I come from." I knew in my gut he wasn't talking about a region from one of the past generations, he meant a brand new region that we can only fantasize about till Game Freak reveals it for a future game. Today I checked the homepage of Serebii.net for updates and saw a pic of the same hiker saying "Where is it, you ask? Well, I can tell you that it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova!" I was like "Yes! I knew it was a hint to a region we're receiving in the future!" I wonder when the hiker starts saying his "Where is it, you ask?" dialogue.
    He does not mention Orre, and people have been wanting another orre game, maybe its Orre.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    He does not mention Orre, and people have been wanting another orre game, maybe its Orre.
    could it just be Kalos? XD

Posting this here. I Got Rhydon in my mates Rock Friend Safari with its dream world ability Reckless

could it just be Kalos? XD
    Well, he said it was a different region, so it couldn't just be Kalos. I'm actually quite interested to see what this Souvenir is actually for.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I'm making an example: if I breed my male torchic with accelerator with a female wooper, do I have a chanche to obtain a wooper with Unaware ability?
    So far i did some tests.
    I tried breeding male torchic (with accelerator) witha female quagsire. got 15 eggs, results: 15 wooper without hidden ability
    Then i tried breeding my male torchic with a Ditto. got 8 eggs, results: 4 torchic with Accelerator, 4 torchic with Blaze.

I know that i've made very few eggs to throw out sure numbers, but it would at least seem that in order to get an offspring with the hidden ability, the 2 pokemons must be either of the same species, or pokemon + ditto.
    Waiting for other people to confirm this, as even if i made 15 eggs with torchic + Quagsire, i could just still have been unlucky.

I'm doing this cause i'm looking for a workaround to get a Froakie with Protean ability, as i don't have any friend with a Water safari

So far i did some tests.
    I tried breeding male torchic (with accelerator) witha female quagsire. got 15 eggs, results: 15 wooper without hidden ability
    Then i tried breeding my male torchic with a Ditto. got 8 eggs, results: 4 torchic with Accelerator, 4 torchic with Blaze.

I know that i've made very few eggs to throw out sure numbers, but it would at least seem that in order to get an offspring with the hidden ability, the 2 pokemons must be either of the same species, or pokemon + ditto.
    Waiting for other people to confirm this, as even if i made 15 eggs with torchic + Quagsire, i could just still have been unlucky.

I'm doing this cause i'm looking for a workaround to get a Froakie with Protean ability, as i don't have any friend with a Water safari
    They have to be the same species, or with a Ditto.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

1) Being immune to freezing under sunlight has happened since sunlight was introduced.
    2) The Ribbons page misses the Best Friends Ribbon, given to you by Bonnie in the Lumiose Gym for showing her a Pokémon with max Affection.

Okay, a bunch of new pages since I last checked in, so not sure if there's been confirmation or not, but I can now 100% confirm that the price lowering on the Kanto Mega Stones happens after finishing the Looker story. Likewise, I now have access to Boutique Couture. And the LBooker story is the only thing I've done in Lumiose City besides everything you have to do in the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie Raiden View Post
    Okay, a bunch of new pages since I last checked in, so not sure if there's been confirmation or not, but I can now 100% confirm that the price lowering on the Kanto Mega Stones happens after finishing the Looker story. Likewise, I now have access to Boutique Couture. And the LBooker story is the only thing I've done in Lumiose City besides everything you have to do in the main story.
    I just kept speaking with the NPC and he dropped it down every time I refused a price. 150k was his lowest.

Doublade learns Sacred Sword at 51. Haven't seen anyone put up his move pool yet.

Dedenne: Lv31 - Snore
    Lv34 - Charge Beam
    Lv41 - Entrainment
    Lv42 - Play Rough
    Lv45 - Thunder
    Can't learn Dazzling Gleam :/ well guess Swirlix will be my go to Fairy type

Maybe not considered a real discovery, but Zoroark can be found in the grass now...
    Which is a downgrade to the B/W version, where you had to use a CELEBI to get it...
    It feels less special to have it now :|
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by Goten21 View Post
    Maybe not considered a real discovery, but Zoroark can be found in the grass now...
    Which is a downgrade to the B/W version, where you had to use a CELEBI to get it...
    I know...but everyone had one in White 2 because of the Team Plasma guy. Hopefully we get more Mega stones through events such as one for Sableye or Gen 3 starters...Wait has it been confirmed that the Mega Stones we have found are the Only Mega Stones found throughout Kalos?
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i won a match with jigglypuff against kirby (the forums user) once. thanks for reading my smash bros story
    ^ So inspirational I can't even...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    I know...but everyone had one in White 2 because of the Team Plasma guy. Hopefully we get more Mega stones through events such as one for Sableye or Gen 3 starters...Wait has it been confirmed that the Mega Stones we have found are the Only Mega Stones found throughout Kalos?
    Well, I didn't own one in White 2 and... Gosh, thanks to the movie and the hardness to get it in black/white, I thought it would be SUPER GOOD, but... It's just a dark type... Nothing special xD

I don't understand the question
    Do you mean that the megastones that can be found are the only megastones that exist
    (which is probably not true)
    Or
    that the megastones that people on Serebii have so far found are the only ones that are findable in the region?
    (which I can't confirm...)
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

Yes, I caught one as well at Pokémon Village.

Also, I don't know if it has been mentioned before but, Ninetales can be found in Friend Safari. I have caught with having the ability Drought. I have also encountered with Rapidash and Pyroar.

3DS FC Code: 2165 - 6014 - 0811. Send a PM, if you have added.

Active - Pokémon X Trainer: Blaise.
    Pokémon Y Trainer: Dean.

Mii Name: BE.

Well, I didn't own one in White 2 and... Gosh, thanks to the movie and the hardness to get it in black/white, I thought it would be SUPER GOOD, but... It's just a dark type... Nothing special xD

I don't understand the question
    Do you mean that the megastones that can be found are the only megastones that exist
    (which is probably not true)
    Or
    that the megastones that people on Serebii have so far found are the only ones that are findable in the region?
    (which I can't confirm...)
    The ones we have found in Kalos using the Mega Ring and Gifts, etc. Are they the only ones findable in-game? If yes... Bye, bye Mega Sableye....
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i won a match with jigglypuff against kirby (the forums user) once. thanks for reading my smash bros story
    ^ So inspirational I can't even...

Page 53 of 135 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast