Page 8 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    mega gengar wouldn't work either way since the birds flee before you get to make a move.
    Nevermind, you're right. can't mega evolve in time.
    Now previewing Haunted Eve Monsters for Halloween! Check them out at Facebook. and pick up Mystical: Kingdom of Monsters at Drivethru RPG. New Class (the Monster Trainer), 6 archetypes, 154 monsters, feats, magic, and so much more. Feel free to PM for more information about this game/world.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm_n View Post
    Nevermind, you're right. can't mega evolve in time.
    there's plenty of other options though. I believe trapinch is in the regional dex and it has arena trap so that could work. or like you said, wobuffett.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    Simple beam and entrainment change the foes ability, but you can see what it's ability was if you are paying attention.
    I think Trace would be more effective and easier to check foe's ability

Do we know if we have to wait two and a half months to transfer Pokemon or is there another way provided like in BW?

there's plenty of other options though. I believe trapinch is in the regional dex and it has arena trap so that could work. or like you said, wobuffett.
    Arena trap doesnt work on Flying type

If I remember rightly, Arena Trap doesn't work on Flying type Pokemon or Levitators.

EDIT: Ninjasked, Shedinja'd, Geninja'd.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

wow I never even realized arena trap didn't work on flying-types. it makes sense though. thanks for pointing that out

Quote Originally Posted by 13_luckynumber View Post
    I think Trace would be more effective and easier to check foe's ability
    Don`t think that`d work with a horde, which is where you find hidden abilities apparently. Well, post game it`d probably work in the safari
    Pokemon White FC: 5372 0625 3855

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Do we know if we have to wait two and a half months to transfer Pokemon or is there another way provided like in BW?
    The Poké Transporter is the only method of cross-generational transfer for XY, so we will have to wait.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynox View Post
    Don`t think that`d work with a horde, which is where you find hidden abilities apparently. Well, post game it`d probably work in the safari
    Wouldnt Trace ramdomly pick one mon in the horde and copy its ability? Why wouldnt it work?

I really hope we get an update on new attacks soon.

Still waiting to see if they gave the Dark type some new tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I really hope we get an update on new attacks soon.

Still waiting to see if they gave the Dark type some new tricks.
    I want to see new moves too. a lot of moves so far focus on stats it's seems
    and also for the record, I always had a feeling geomancy did no damage and people raged and said it did. it turned out to be a 2-turn stat raising move that raises xerneas's special stats and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by 13_luckynumber View Post
    Wouldnt Trace ramdomly pick one mon in the horde and copy its ability? Why wouldnt it work?
    If you wanted to know if one of them has a hidden ability then it very well could work. But you would only know that one of them has a hidden ability but not which one. So you wouldn't know which one to spare and catch.

Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    If you wanted to know if one of them has a hidden ability then it very well could work. But you would only know that one of them has a hidden ability but not which one. So you wouldn't know which one to spare and catch.
    Sounds like a pin. That would make a nice Key Item: Something that can distinguish a hidden ability hoard Pokemon so you know which one to capture.

I just counted all the new Pokémon and there's only 69 not counting Mega's...I don't think I'll use the Mega's, so I was hoping they would add more new Pokémon...I don't really love the final evolutions of the starters, but I'll still get Fennekin.

There's others I don't like from this gen too, such as Binacle and Barbaracle, but there's a lot I do like too. Phantump is sooo cute! Trevenant looks awesome even though after calling it Oorotto for so long it might take a while to get used to it's American name. And Sliggoo is cute too! I like Floette, but not Florges quite as much...Where have I heard the name "Florges" before? I feel like that's the name of an enemy in another game or something...I don't know why, it just sounds familiar. Maybe the Flores from Emily the Strange? They weren't enemies though. Espurr is cute! And Meowtic too! Although it's name (Meowstic) doesn't quite sound right to me. I like Dragalge too; It looks pretty cool. Makes me glad I pre-ordered Y and didn't pre-order X because Clawitzer isn't as good (aesthetically) in my opinion. I do like how it's claw looks like a whole new Pokémon though. Oh and Amaura is so cute! Klefki doesn't look that great (a key ring? really?), but Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist are cool and I'm glad they're adding more Halloween-ish Pokémon. I like Bergmite but it and it's evolved form remind me more of enemies from Legend of Zelda than they do Pokémon...Like those ice mounds that shoot out ice to freeze Link if he gets too close. Noibat is ADORABLE! I wonder if it's going to be the bat Pokémon that takes Zubats place? Hmmm...So to wrap this up, there's a lot of new ones I like and a few that I don't. I can't wait to get the games and train lots of new Pokémon ^_^

Man the idea of hidden abillity in hordes and the difficulty of finding out which pokemon has it gets me more excited for it

INverse battle is... quite interesting
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Yay for Will-O-Wisp having an increased accuracy! Really really happy about this. Not really bothered about Thunderbold etc., it won't affect their usage at all, I think.

Looks like Horde Battles give items too, I just defeated a horde of Scraggy with my Flabebe, and a message came up saying "Razmos found a Power Herb in the aftermath"

Do we know if the TM's are reusable like B/W yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Do we know if the TM's are reusable like B/W yet?
    Yes they are, a few different people have chimed in to say this is the case.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Oh cool. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiëstik View Post
    Yay for Will-O-Wisp having an increased accuracy! Really really happy about this. Not really bothered about Thunderbold etc., it won't affect their usage at all, I think.
    That is a nice accuracy boost. ;D

Is it possible that new pokemon will be available that are not in the Kalos Dex? I think that's how all the new evolutions in Gen IV were. In fact some of the Gen IV legendaries may not have been in the Sinnoh Dex, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Razmos View Post
    Looks like Horde Battles give items too, I just defeated a horde of Scraggy with my Flabebe, and a message came up saying "Razmos found a Power Herb in the aftermath"
    Somehow, I can see this being a potential source of Mega Stones.

Will serebii notify us of any shinies he discovers? I've only seen minun and chatot no 6th gen ones yet besides a suspicious shiny Xerneas pic

Page 8 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast