Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 2803

Thread: The Kalos Dex Thread v2 [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Yes. Talonflame is amazing and better than most of the bird's we've gotten in the past. I'd put it on par with Staraptor.
    The problem is that Staraptor has much better coverage than TalonFlame, plus isn't hit by ghost types and has a lot more Attack :x

PS: Anything is better than Pidgeot.
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintrial View Post
    The problem is that Staraptor has much better coverage than TalonFlame, plus isn't hit by ghost types and has a lot more Attack :x

Priority acrobatics and Brave bird is pretty awesome though.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

Quote Originally Posted by Vintrial View Post

Access to Sword's Dance, Bulk Up and priority flying moves like Brave Bird, Acrobatics and Roost says I don't need coverage.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    OMG!The goomy line is based on the Lou Carcolh wich is a French dragon/snail creature http://sampaxton.files.wordpress.com...ps365d7580.png

It all makes sense now.
    /has known this for the past couple weeks
    /Is actually more based off of a dragon slug (actual animal) as Goomy lacks a shell while this French one has a shell
    Everyone needs a little less signature in their lives

Quote Originally Posted by SergantGold View Post
    /has known this for the past couple weeks
    /Is actually more based off of a dragon slug (actual animal) as Goomy lacks a shell while this French one has a shell
    To be honest, I really don't see any resemblance between the Goomy line and Dragon Slugs, apart from the name. I think the Lou Carcolh is much more likely to be the main idea behind the designs.
    Also, both Sliggoo and Goodra seem to have body parts that resemble shells. It's a lot more prominent when looking at Sliggoo, but I just consider Goodra's curled tail to be a representation of a shell.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Access to Sword's Dance, Bulk Up and priority flying moves like Brave Bird, Acrobatics and Roost says I don't need coverage.
    i disagree. i think that staraptor is better mainly due to coverage. it may have lower speed, but it's attack is way higher so that balances it out.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Talonflame is quite vulnerable due to its Fire type, wouldn't it be better if there was a Rock/Flying pokemon?
    Bluebird55's Battle-Beating Duo!

My Friend Code - 1891-1851-7972

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird55 View Post
    wouldn't it be better if there was a Rock/Flying pokemon?
    and
    Last edited by Endolise; 6th November 2013 at 7:11 PM.

wait, people seriously think that a Pokemon with 130 base Speed capable of launching 120 bp moves off a decent Attack stat that can be boosted by Swords Dance as well as pull priority off of one of said 120 bp moves, allowing it to force out things like certain Megas and Aegislash is bad

remind me again why that is

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    wait, people seriously think that a Pokemon with 130 base Speed capable of launching 120 bp moves off a decent Attack stat that can be boosted by Swords Dance as well as pull priority off of one of said 120 bp moves, allowing it to force out things like certain Megas and Aegislash is bad

Competitively Talonflame is amazing, but in-game it slightly lacks coverage, and definately lacks power and bulk, not to mention Gale Wings is unavailable before E4 until you trade it in. It's primary ability is perfect for early breeding though and it does get access to Roost early and Steel Wing to avoid "rocks fall, everyone dies" syndrome.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Does anyone know if Power-Up Punch is effected by Iron Fist?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

First, you don't have Gale Wings. Second, he has diee stab problem until Dendemille. During a lot of the game tou had to use Ember on Steel types until he early 40s.

Pidgeot's level up movepool is terrible, but he has STAB Return early.

In-game, Gale Wings doesn't make a lot when you have 126 Speed. Competitevily priority is so strong even with that speed. In other words, if Togekiss has Gale Wings, it's insta-uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    First, you don't have Gale Wings. Second, he has diee stab problem until Dendemille. During a lot of the game tou had to use Ember on Steel types until he early 40s.

Pidgeot's level up movepool is terrible, but he has STAB Return early.

In-game, Gale Wings doesn't make a lot when you have 126 Speed. Competitevily priority is so strong even with that speed. In other words, if Togekiss has Gale Wings, it's insta-uber.
    Not really...togekiss relies a lot on serene grace to make it flinching possible, if it get gale wings, para flinching would be a lot harder to do...and it's special attack isn't THAT high either...the reason talonflame is so strong is because it has great attack and can abuse brave bird with gale wings...but it gets completely blocked by rock types...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Not really...togekiss relies a lot on serene grace to make it flinching possible, if it get gale wings, para flinching would be a lot harder to do...and it's special attack isn't THAT high either...the reason talonflame is so strong is because it has great attack and can abuse brave bird with gale wings...but it gets completely blocked by rock types...
    Talonflame's Base Attack: 81
    Togekiss's Base Special Attack: 120

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Talonflame's Base Attack: 81
    Togekiss's Base Special Attack: 120
    What if you take into account STAB brave bird vs STAB air slash? I understand that priority roost is great for togekiss but it just can hit hard enough without relying on flinch...

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Talonflame is on about 90% of the teams I see online. I haven't seen Staraptor even once.

The fact that it can easily murder pretty much anything that isn't packing above average defenses or resistant to Brave Bird is probably why it's so popular. The Choice Band alone is enough to push Brave Bird's damage up to OHKO levels for a lot of common Pokemon.

Plus it has good support moves in the form of Will-o-Wisp and priority Tailwind that can be used to make things easier for your other Pokemon if it runs into something it can't KO.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 7th November 2013 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Talonflame is on about 90% of the teams I see online. I haven't seen Staraptor even once.

The fact that it can easily murder pretty much anything that isn't packing above average defenses or resistant to Brave Bird is probably why it's so popular. The Choice Band alone is enough to push Brave Bird's damage up to OHKO levels for a lot of common Pokemon.

Plus it has good support moves in the form of Will-o-Wisp and priority Tailwind that can be used to make things easier for your other Pokemon if it runs into something it can't KO.

I use Staraptor ):
    With a life orb in him wrecking stuff with Brave Bird and Final Gambit
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

Everyone knows Swellow is the best.
    If Talon isn't holding a power boosting item and Is Jolly, it fails to KO 0/0 Swellow.

Swellow KOs back with Guts Return.

I win.

I'm not sure if anyone else has thought about this, but does anybody think that Napoleon would be a clever nickname for Tyrunt/Tyrantrum?

I'm not looking for suggestions on nicknames, I'm just asking out of curiosity
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Having 120 BP priority is broken because if a pokemon with very high natural speed, a typing that is horrendous with Stealth Rocks running rampant, and with 81 Base Attack.

Look at the Gen V OU Top Tier:
    Kyurem-B has 170 BST (It's not nUBEr because Freee Shock is a recharge move and it doesn't learn Icicle Crah, Ice Punch or Ice Shard, apart of a bad and redundant typing). Kyurem-W has Ice Beam and its Uber.
    12 pokemon with BST 600 which have at least one STAB at least Base 100. And the offensive ones uses 120 or more.
    3 pokemon with 580 BST with 120+ Attacks.
    About the Pokemon with 530 and 550 all of them have 100 BST or more except Blissey, who is a very good special wall.
    Going down with BST, we have Tentacrtuel with the same SpA but is a utility special wall with positive rain effects, Ninetales for Drought, Skarmory who is a wall, and Dugtrio which has a trapping ability with makes a niche in OU and the only one offensive.

Talonflame has only those movepool.
    Brave Bird. A 120 BP move, but with 33% of recoil, which is a lot when you are pottentially taking 50% from the rocks.
    -Flare Blit: To attack Steels and Ices. Another 33% of recoil.

Alternatives:
    Fire has no alternatives (well, Talonflame can use Flamehtrower/Fire Blast but its special). And Talonflame can't be special because he hasn't neither Air Slash nor Hurricane.
    Flying has alternatives.
    Acrobatics: Forced you to have no item. If you do, 55 BP.
    Fly: A 2 .turn attack with invulnerable phase. THe opponent can't attack you but he can setup, and which its worse, switch (competitive, unlike in-game is mainly about switching).
    Aeriual Ace: Has 60 BP.

Coverage: Steel Wing. A un-STABed; non-priority move with only serves for Rocks (but they completely wall you) with 70 BP and 90% acc. Wiuth that BP, many of the Rocks will survive one of them (and I'm not saying triggering Sturdy).

If any of those Pokemon had Gale Wings are probably high OU or even Uber:
    Salamence, Dragonite, Articuno, Tornadus (T), Moltres, Thundurus (T), Zapdos, Archeops, Togekiss, Crobat, Charizard, Aerodactyl, Wanmega, Mandibuzz, GLiscor, Braviary, Honchkrow, Sigilyph, Staraptor, Swanna, Skarmory, Dodrio,

Alternatives:
    Fire has no alternatives (well, Talonflame can use Flamehtrower/Fire Blast but its special). And Talonflame can't be special because he hasn't neither Air Slash nor Hurricane.
    Flying has alternatives.
    Acrobatics: Forced you to have no item. If you do, 55 BP.
    Fly: A 2 .turn attack with invulnerable phase. THe opponent can't attack you but he can setup, and which its worse, switch (competitive, unlike in-game is mainly about switching).
    Aeriual Ace: Has 60 BP.
    Acrobatics is a very good alternative to Brave Bird for Talonflame's Flying STAB. With Flying Gem it becomes a 165BP move on the first hit, and all hits afterwards are 110BP, which is only 10BP lower than Brave Bird without the problem of recoil, which is especially valuable with Talonflame's 4x weakness to Stealth Rock. Acrobatics is probably even better than Brave Bird for Talonflame.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    Acrobatics is a very good alternative to Brave Bird for Talonflame's Flying STAB. With Flying Gem it becomes a 165BP move on the first hit, and all hits afterwards are 110BP, which is only 10BP lower than Brave Bird without the problem of recoil, which is especially valuable with Talonflame's 4x weakness to Stealth Rock. Acrobatics is probably even better than Brave Bird for Talonflame.
    The item Flying Gem doesn't exist. The reason that you can't transfer itens from Gen V to Gen VI through Bank (announce in the infamous FAQ) is the abscenes of some Gen V items.

Proof: Many of the sets in Battle Maison are eactly the same that the ones in Gen V. Same item, same moveslot, etc. The only exceptions are Kalos Pokemon (of course), pokemon who GF decided to use the new items and moves, Pokemon that are now part-Fairy. But at least 50% of the set are copy-paste from Gen V.

However, ALL of the instances where Gems has been used has been changed to other items. Also, in Serebii.net in the itemdex there is only one gem, which is a hidden item.

Reason: Gems are overpowered in 4vs4 Doubles, the metagame of VGC.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 8th November 2013 at 2:48 PM.

The item Flying Gem doesn't exist.
    Yes it does...
    http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/flyinggem.shtml

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    Don't forget that talonflame gets priority roost though...

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Pretty sure he/she meant in Gen 6.

Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113 LastLast