Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 2803

Thread: The Kalos Dex Thread v2 [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Pretty sure he/she meant in Gen 6.
    That counts Gen 6. The item does exist it just doesn't seem to be obtainable ATM.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    The item Flying Gem doesn't exist. The reason that you can't transfer itens from Gen V to Gen VI through Bank (announce in the infamous FAQ) is the abscenes of some Gen V items.

Proof: Many of the sets in Battle Maison are eactly the same that the ones in Gen V. Same item, same moveslot, etc. The only exceptions are Kalos Pokemon (of course), pokemon who GF decided to use the new items and moves, Pokemon that are now part-Fairy. But at least 50% of the set are copy-paste from Gen V.

However, ALL of the instances where Gems has been used has been changed to other items. Also, in Serebii.net in the itemdex there is only one gem, which is a hidden item.

Reason: Gems are overpowered in 4vs4 Doubles, the metagame of VGC.
    Serebii's X & Y item listings has all the Gems from Gen V listed, as does Bulbapedia. I'm going to assume that they are indeed in the game, but not readily available.
    Besides that, there are plenty of other useful, consumable items that could be used, or no item at all.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

The 1 Normal Gem you find is enough proof that they all still exist. They wouldn't take them all out but 1 if they were to do so.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Guys.

Aegislash is 5'07"

He is taller than me...Anyone else find his height to be weird?
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    Guys.

Aegislash is 5'07"

No, why do you think it's weird? It's a great sword.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No, why do you think it's weird? It's a great sword.
    I pictured him rather smaller tbh...like, 3'11"
    Alpha Sapphire

I pictured him rather smaller tbh...like, 3'11"
    If it was that small the shield it's holding would be next to useless.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If it was that small the shield it's holding would be next to useless.
    Perhaps so. Maybe they measured it in a certain form, IDK. I'll just keep imagining he is a bit smaller...
    Alpha Sapphire

Perhaps so. Maybe they measured it in a certain form, IDK. I'll just keep imagining he is a bit smaller...
    It's the standard height for a great sword.

Guys.

Aegislash is 5'07"

Many pokemon heights are weird. Pretty much every box legend is smaller than usually depicted (they're usually 3-4m tall but they're the size of buildings everywhere else). For me the weirdest one will always be Mewtwo. Not only is it 6'7", but its the same height as Tyranitar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

So to get Weaville and Gliscor... is it REALLY just through the Battle Maison? The Razor Claw and Razor Fang aren't ANYWHERE else???

twittertumblrlast.fm

On the Serebii homepage what does the breeding Avalugg to make Bermite eggs say?

It show's three Bergmite, i'm curious as to what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    On the Serebii homepage what does the breeding Avalugg to make Bermite eggs say?

It probably explains Hidden Ability Mechanics. If the Avalugg is female, and has the lit-up ability below it, the three Bergmites show what happens when an Avalugg is bred: Two get the normal abilities, and one gets the hidden ability.
    Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah Salamence!
    Seriously, he looks like a Batarang.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post

I can tell you that what's written in orange letters is Sturdy in Japanese which is Avalugg's Hidden Ability, so I think it's something about passing down Hidden Abilities.

Pokémon heights are very weird. Lucario is short.

Is it wrong that I am still bothered by the new type? I love Florges and Mawile, but I still don't see the need for a new type. Dragons were unbalanced because there are a lack of strong moves in the other types. The strongest reliable Ice-type move was Ice Beam. If new, better attacks were made and other pokes stats were made so they could actually be competitively feasible, then there wouldn't be a need for new types. Rather than creating a new type, make the old ones better. In Gen V, Dark types moves were completely underwhelming. In Gen VI, there are 3 new moves, two of which are status. Dragons are amazing because of their versatility and overall better stats. Make some pokemon to counter that!

Also, when making a new type this late in a series, we have a very less number of Fairy-type moves and only 12 new pokemon with the fairy typing. I don't understand the actual type chart for the Fairies either. I get that fey are burned by silver, but if I was a dragon and I saw a fairy, I would probably eat it, not run in terror. How is a pixie able to fight of a wrestler, ninja, or boxer and the dark?

Well, I found a pic, it from the new guidebook.

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/3888/5ut3.jpg

It shown the Pokemon dex number have a total of 721.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Well, I found a pic, it from the new guidebook.

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/3888/5ut3.jpg

It shown the Pokemon dex number have a total of 721.
    Yes, it's been posted a number of times now, and we already knew that to be the case with the discovery of Hoopa, Volcanion and Diancie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post

Is it wrong that I am still bothered by the new type? I love Florges and Mawile, but I still don't see the need for a new type. Dragons were unbalanced because there are a lack of strong moves in the other types. The strongest reliable Ice-type move was Ice Beam. If new, better attacks were made and other pokes stats were made so they could actually be competitively feasible, then there wouldn't be a need for new types. Rather than creating a new type, make the old ones better. In Gen V, Dark types moves were completely underwhelming. In Gen VI, there are 3 new moves, two of which are status. Dragons are amazing because of their versatility and overall better stats. Make some pokemon to counter that!

Also, when making a new type this late in a series, we have a very less number of Fairy-type moves and only 12 new pokemon with the fairy typing. I don't understand the actual type chart for the Fairies either. I get that fey are burned by silver, but if I was a dragon and I saw a fairy, I would probably eat it, not run in terror. How is a pixie able to fight of a wrestler, ninja, or boxer and the dark?
    Well:

1.) Fairy-type wasn't just introduced to balance the Dragon type, it was introduce to balance other ones, too. Steel and Poison have actual offensive uses now.

2.) Even if new mons were introduced to counter Dragons...they'd likely just be more Dragons. Ice is a horrifically bad defensive type, which gets its butt kicked by many types that Dragons are likely carrying. Dragon is the only decent counter to Dragon-types, and that is incredibly counterproductive.

3.) Fairy-types seem to be more than a little based off of magical girls in this universe (Moonblast? The entirety of Sylveon?). Magical girls fight monsters and win. Magical girls fight evil (the Dark type is the Evil type in Japanese) and win. Magic confounds martial artists (which is why they're also weak to Psychic).

Furthermore, perhaps everyone should consider the Japanese concept of fairies and spirits as opposed to the Western concepts, especially modern western concepts, as the game is made and designed by Japanese people. Supernatural creatures are damn feared in folklore, even goofy, mischievious entities have an evil side to them. You have a bunch of silly creatures in Japanese folklore that kill people. Mystical spirits, even if they seem cute or weak, are freaking scary and shouldn't be tangled with.

I imagine it's going to take a couple gens before the Fairy type manages to have much of an impact on the popularity of Dragon types, because from what I've noticed, all it's done is make Outrage less of a no-brainer on physical Dragons and increased the popularity of Pokemon that gained the Fairy type without affecting the usage of dragons much if at all. The majority of the current Fairy types simply aren't strong enough to fight against dragons, and even the ones that are can't do so reliably, as switching into a Dragon type for them is still borderline suicidal if it isn't using Outrage.

Also, it's kind of pitiful that the type that got hit the hardest by Fairy's introduction is Dark, as of three types Fairy is both SE/resistant to, Dark types are the most prone to lacking any effective means of fighting back against Fairy types, plus they're easily the weakest out of those three types overall, which made such a nerf largely unwarranted.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 10th November 2013 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    3.) Fairy-types seem to be more than a little based off of magical girls in this universe (Moonblast? The entirety of Sylveon?). Magical girls fight monsters and win. Magical girls fight evil (the Dark type is the Evil type in Japanese) and win. Magic confounds martial artists (which is why they're also weak to Psychic).

Furthermore, perhaps everyone should consider the Japanese concept of fairies and spirits as opposed to the Western concepts, especially modern western concepts, as the game is made and designed by Japanese people. Supernatural creatures are damn feared in folklore, even goofy, mischievious entities have an evil side to them. You have a bunch of silly creatures in Japanese folklore that kill people. Mystical spirits, even if they seem cute or weak, are freaking scary and shouldn't be tangled with.
    Except there are examples of "fair folk" fairies in Japanese mythology too in the form of Youkai. The Yuki-onna (a ghostly woman who would steal wandering souls in the snow and Futakuchi-onna (The two-mouthed woman, basis of Mawile) are examples of these. Many of these type of creatures still do show up in Japanese media and not all of them are portrayed in a "silly" way. So there's a basis for the belief that there could've been more fair folk-like fairies, even if we just go by Japanese mythology and medium.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 10th November 2013 at 7:44 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post

The same way a spider the size of your hand (Joltik) is supereffective against a Blue Blimp Whale the size of a skyscraper (Wailord).
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    The same way a spider the size of your hand (Joltik) is supereffective against a Blue Blimp Whale the size of a skyscraper (Wailord).
    Skyscraper's are 40 ft tall? There's regular houses that are that big. I'd say more like "something that fits in the palm of your hand can take down something the size of an RV"

Where about in reflection cave can you find the mega stone for Alakazam because I can't find it
    My Friend code is

1289-8247-2912

Safari Type: Rock
    Safari Pokemon: Dwebble, Pupitar, Rhydon

If you do add me PM me so I know to return the favour

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_One View Post
    Where about in reflection cave can you find the mega stone for Alakazam because I can't find it
    It's on the floor with the light shining down from the ceiling, forming a circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Skyscraper's are 40 ft tall? There's regular houses that are that big. I'd say more like "something that fits in the palm of your hand can take down something the size of an RV"
    ...Now we know why I never took architecture
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113 LastLast