Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 2803

Thread: The Kalos Dex Thread v2 [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I imagine it's going to take a couple gens before the Fairy type manages to have much of an impact on the popularity of Dragon types, because from what I've noticed, all it's done is make Outrage less of a no-brainer on physical Dragons and increased the popularity of Pokemon that gained the Fairy type without affecting the usage of dragons much if at all. The majority of the current Fairy types simply aren't strong enough to fight against dragons, and even the ones that are can't do so reliably, as switching into a Dragon type for them is still borderline suicidal if it isn't using Outrage.

Also, it's kind of pitiful that the type that got hit the hardest by Fairy's introduction is Dark, as of three types Fairy is both SE/resistant to, Dark types are the most prone to lacking any effective means of fighting back against Fairy types, plus they're easily the weakest out of those three types overall, which made such a nerf largely unwarranted.
    hey at least dark gained some stregnth against steel types esepcially walls like Bronzong and Metagross family.

Sir Agislash is here! Reporting for duty!

I really don't consider that much of a plus when some Fairy types (Mega Mawile and Azumarill in particular) can wall them even harder then Steel types did, plus Dazzling Gleam's distribution as a coverage move has made it so they can't even serve as counters to some of the Psychic type Pokemon anymore.

It's only going to get worse in future generations once the number of decent Fairy types increases. Though I'm hoping they realize that Fairy is rather overpowered defensively by then and remove some of its resistances or give it more weaknesses.

I really don't consider that much of a plus when some Fairy types (Mega Mawile and Azumarill in particular) can wall them even harder then Steel types did, plus Dazzling Gleam's distribution as a coverage move has made it so they can't even serve as counters to some of the Psychic type Pokemon anymore.

It's only going to get worse in future generations once the number of decent Fairy types increases. Though I'm hoping they realize that Fairy is rather overpowered defensively by then and remove some of its resistances or give it more weaknesses.
    huh, well at least fairys give some attacking support to previously worst attacking types ( steel and poison) and as for Dazzling Gleam... it is welcome change to many pysic types which lacked any means to attack dark-types previously ( e.g Espeion) Also it isn't all that bad since some dark type pokemon like bisharp, houndoom and drapion risists dazzing gleem.

Sir Agislash is here! Reporting for duty!

This may seem very out-of-nowhere and insignificant but can anybody with a Savanna[h] Pattern Vivillon please confirm which way it is spelled in the Pokédex? This site lists it as "Savanna" but I've seen other sites use "Savannah" and am not sure what to believe.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    This may seem very out-of-nowhere and insignificant but can anybody with a Savanna[h] Pattern Vivillon please confirm which way it is spelled in the Pokédex? This site lists it as "Savanna" but I've seen other sites use "Savannah" and am not sure what to believe.
    I can confirm that in the North American version (who knows, it might be different in European versions) it is spelled "Savanna".

I've been breeding a few dozen Helioptiles the past few days, and the vast majority of them have been female. Does anyone know if the 50/50 gender ratio listed on Serebii and Bulbapedia is accurate?
    3DS Friend Code: 3711-8066-6807
    Trainer Name: Tillis
    Game: Pokémon X

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but Mega Man artist Hitoshi Ariga contributed designs to this generation. Here's the exact quote:

Art Director Sugimori gave me the all clear to tell everyone, so I finally get to make a few announcements about work that I have been doing recently.

I had a hand in the new 3DS game "Pocket Monsters XY". Specifically, I designed some new Pokemon! (listed below)
    - Pangoro
    - Inkay
    - Malamar
    - Honedge
    - Doublade
    - Aegislash
    - Tyrunt
    - Tyrantrum
    - Amaura
    - Aurorus

I've actually been doing video game work for quite a while now (over two decades), including projects for things like PCE, MD, and SFC. Apparently the Pokemon art director, Sugimori, had taken notice of some of my past work and that's why he asked me if I'd be interested in doing some design work for Pokemon XY.

So in some ways, designing Pokemon for XY was like an
    extension of my days of drawing monsters for "ActRaiser 2" and "Beyond Oasis". I am a Pokemon Trainer as well as an illustrator, so needless to say I was incredibly honored and pleased to have this opportunity.

I just thought the Pokemon XY players following me might find this information interesting!

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

That guy made some of my favorites from this gen!

He designed the Honedge line? I might be looking at my new favorite artist here. This is some interesting information, though. I wonder if we can expect more from him in future generations? I suppose it's too early to tell.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Wait, Cryogonal isn't related to Kyurem, is it?

I mean beside it using them in Movie 15, there's nothing in the games hinting that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos.Fan View Post
    Wait, Cryogonal isn't related to Kyurem, is it?

I mean beside it using them in Movie 15, there's nothing in the games hinting that?
    No, not at all.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

just curios how many pokemon can you catch in the game from all regions.

I know some aren't available until the bank but including the 69 kalos pokemon, how many can be caught / legitimately traded?

First run Pokemon Y Team - Charizard, Yveltal, Delphox, Floette, Tyrantrum, Sliggoo - Reserves - Talonflame, Lapras, Blaziken, Malamar, Abomasnow

Second Run Pokemon Y Team- Greninja, Aurorus, Roserade, Mawile, Charizard, Meowstic - Reserves - Mewtwo, Yveltal

Third Run Pokemon Y Team (so far) - Quilladin, Magmar, Dragalge, Staraptor, Vaporeon, Heracross - Reserves - Haunter, Heatmor, Hawlucha

Fairy isn't overpowered; it has two weakness poison and steel which were really underused offensively in previous generations.

Quote Originally Posted by IMACHARIZARDGUY View Post
    just curios how many pokemon can you catch in the game from all regions.

I know some aren't available until the bank but including the 69 kalos pokemon, how many can be caught / legitimately traded?
    596 total can be obtained without the Bank. So the Friend Safari adds a lot to the already large amount of Pokemon in the Kalos Dex.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

The fact there is so many Pokémon in the Dex makes me wonder why they didn't just make the stretch and make all the Pokémon bar Legendaries & Starters available. I mean, no point waiting for anything like a second game to add them seeming Pokémon Bank will render it moot.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    596 total can be obtained without the Bank. So the Friend Safari adds a lot to the already large amount of Pokemon in the Kalos Dex.
    Speaking of which, I love the amount of the non-Kalos Dex Pokémon obtainable through Friend Safari and fossils*, 139. It is almost enough to include 11 more Pokémon, which is the amount of another starter set plus another early route two-stager or just straight up a myriad of two stagers and a few single stagers or one three stagers, and make another regional Dex out of it. It gets even better with all of the empty slots and duplicate lines some of the Pokémon have. GF are truly the masters of subtlety.

Edit: *Edited to include the fossils. Though it should be mentioned that the only Dex that has pre-generational fossils is the Kalos one, the latter ones didn't include them even after their expansion. So there is possibly 16 more open slots for pre-E4.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 23rd November 2013 at 7:36 AM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Speaking of which, I love the amount of the non-Kalos Dex Pokémon obtainable through Friend Safari, 139. It is almost enough to include 11 more Pokémon, which is the amount of another starter set plus another early route two-stager or just straight up a myriad of two stagers and a few single stagers or one three stagers, and make another regional Dex out of it. It gets even better with all of the empty slots and duplicate lines some of the Pokémon have. GF are truly the masters of subtlety.
    Whoa, I actually never noticed that before. That's actually really cool. If they had just included another starter set or something, that would have been a fantastic addition to the dex.

I agree - I'd of liked a fourth Regional Dex and that they were split the South, the North, the East and the West Dex to accommodate a few new Pokémon. But I understand why they kept many Friend Safari only.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

inb4 Dex revamp in Tangent and Cotangent games

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I agree - I'd of liked a fourth Regional Dex and that they were split the South, the North, the East and the West Dex to accommodate a few new Pokémon. But I understand why they kept many Friend Safari only.
    There isn't really much Pokemon on the northern side of Kalos.
    And there would be way too many Pokemon on the western and eastern dexes.

So, I don't think it warrants it's own dex, unless they expand the lacking section to give the dex a balanced split.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Wow that is a lot of pokemon

I'm up to 400 or so at the moment, finished the game and got all legendaries apart from zygarde. Just breeding and trading at the moment. Still don't know what my friend safari type is or the pokemon i offer lol

First run Pokemon Y Team - Charizard, Yveltal, Delphox, Floette, Tyrantrum, Sliggoo - Reserves - Talonflame, Lapras, Blaziken, Malamar, Abomasnow

Second Run Pokemon Y Team- Greninja, Aurorus, Roserade, Mawile, Charizard, Meowstic - Reserves - Mewtwo, Yveltal

Third Run Pokemon Y Team (so far) - Quilladin, Magmar, Dragalge, Staraptor, Vaporeon, Heracross - Reserves - Haunter, Heatmor, Hawlucha

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    There isn't really much Pokemon on the northern side of Kalos.
    And there would be way too many Pokemon on the western and eastern dexes.

So, I don't think it warrants it's own dex, unless they expand the lacking section to give the dex a balanced split.
    unless they introduce new areas

will there be a list of pokemon that cannot be catched in Kalos Region?
        Spoiler:- 3Ds Friend Code:

Spoiler:- Friend Safari::

There's been a list for weeks. http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    inb4 Dex revamp in Tangent and Cotangent games
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    unless they introduce new areas
    Oh, it gets better. Almost of all of those Pokémon are already available, in other words, you can include them into a separate region section without violating the game balance much. At least, in theory.

And there would still be 42 non-legendary/non-starter Pokémon+27 Starter Pokémon+5 Johto Legendaries+8 Hoenn Legendaries+9 Sinnoh Legendaries+9 Unova Legendaries-8 legendaries for post-E4 additions to complete the four dexes to the magic 153 number(excluding the event Pokémon) and 38 non-legendary evolutionary lines with their Hidden Abilities unavailable. Most of the latter are fishing/diving and Fossil Pokémon, as Friend Safari and Horde battles exclude those for obvious reasons. You can use these however you want as material for other games, Kalos or non-Kalos. Or pull a Gen V and not use a wide selection of them.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113 LastLast