Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Dex Thread v2 [READ FIRST POST]

*Reads the list Serebii just posted, sees Houndoom and Starmie*

Well, looks like I was right in picking X.
    Pokemon X Team:

The thing that surprises me is we didn't get Clefairy anywhere in the Kalos dex.

Clefairy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy101 View Post
    Is it bad im not impressed so far, I was so excited when i heard about a new gen of pokemon, but these last weeks im just disappointed, and the pokedex hasnt helped me, to say theres what about 10-20 new pokemon in the costal and mountain pokedex sections of the game im so peeved. I've played pokemon since the red/blue days but with 69 new pokemon is just so sad. I know the whole 'they had to make hundreds of 3D models' but come on, I rarely like using old pokemon in the newest gen as i like to experiment to what ive got, but i'm having issues with it. I'm still going to buy the game, but its just those concerns. Sorry for the whine...
    Nah man, I agree. 69 seems far too small a number. Granted, we'll probably run into three more as the events are announced, but right now I'm a little let down. I also think it's strange that Sylveon is the only old pokemon to get an evo in the new generation. No chance there are others that we just haven't discovered yet?
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Macabrelicious View Post
    I think Fairy would have been okay for it, but once again it would be an example of Gamefreak conflating the ideas of "cute" and "cuddly" with the word "fairy", when fairy folklore said they were anything but.
    Which is exactly why we need a Dark/Fairy type next gen.

Name: Flare
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Planned Pokemon Y Team:

Planned Pokemon X Team:

3DS FC is: 1220 7327 1929. Feel free to add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Macabrelicious View Post
    There are Pokemon like Beedrill and Dunsparce that could use boosts.

But that's just me.
    That's not just you -- I think most people want NU Pokemon to get a boost. It's a shame Mega Evolutions weren't used to give a majority of the "useless" competitive Pokemon new life. I so wanted a Mega Ledian, Mega Cherrim, and a Mega Luxray ;______;

Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    Which is exactly why we need a Dark/Fairy type next gen.

Yeah we really need one! But having to wait a whole new generation? That's tough.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    No, it isn't.
    Well then what about it makes it befitting of a Fairy typing?

I just see a plain mammal with no mystical qualities. It heals things, yes, but that's because it is supposed to be a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgaz View Post
    He's not that much cuter then Gulpin, and he evolves into a snail, looks poison to me. Mostly I'm just disappointed our new ''Semi legendary'' is a mono dragon type. Haven't we seen that enough already? =/
    Seeing as how Druddigon and Haxorus are our only other pure Dragon-types (as far as final stages go, at least), I would probably go with "no."
    Last edited by Endolise; 10th October 2013 at 5:36 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The thing that surprises me is we didn't get Clefairy anywhere in the Kalos dex.

Clefairy!
    This makes me so sad

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgaz View Post
    Yeah we really need one! But having to wait a whole new generation? That's tough.
    Maybe if we're lucky, one an event legendary will be Dark/Fairy

Name: Flare
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Planned Pokemon Y Team:

Planned Pokemon X Team:

3DS FC is: 1220 7327 1929. Feel free to add me!

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

Clefairy!
    It didn't appear in any of the pre-release material, so it isn't that baffling. I mean, if it was accessible early on, you think they would mention that Clefairy, the original franchise mascot and the original regional escape item basis, is now pure or partially Fairy.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Well then what about it makes it befitting of a Fairy typing?

I just see a plain mammal with no mystical qualities. It heals things, yes, but that's because it is supposed to be a doctor.
    I don't have much, besides its bipedal nature, vest-like pattern, Egg Group(which it doesn't share with any other Group) and coloring. It would be much more dead set on if it was Female-only instead of %50 chance of being either gender.

But it is still a bipedal mammal that takes qualities of a doctor. It is like calling Lopunny just a rabbit and ignoring its bunny girl characteristics. It doesn't have mystical qualities, but it still has more basis than just a single animal. So I am really arguing against the latter than arguing for the former.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 10th October 2013 at 5:37 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

can anyone confirmed that Goomy and its evo line is a psedo legenday pokemon? thanks
    Pokemon Y Friend Safari:
    Doduo, Tranquill, and Hawlucha.
    PM me for my 3DS FC if you'd like to add me onto your FS!

Pokemon White2/Y that i can trade away:
        Spoiler:- :

Shiny Pokemon:

Seeing as how Druddigon is our only other pure Dragon-type, I would probably go with "no."
    Did something happen to haxorus? D:
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Did something happen to haxorus? D:
    Oh, yeah, that's right. I forgot about that one. Editted accordingly.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Underachiever007 View Post
    *Reads the list Serebii just posted, sees Houndoom and Starmie*

Well, looks like I was right in picking X.
    Lucky you, I'm picking up Y, but my Aron and Clauncher are in X. Hopefully I can get some trading and breeding done early on.
    3DS: 2509-2137-6109 Feel free to PM your FC for Friend Safari
    Friend Safari Type: Ghost Pokemon: Pumpkaboo and Lampent (unknown third).
    Pokedex: 719/719

Quote Originally Posted by geophoenix View Post
    can anyone confirmed that Goomy and its evo line is a psedo legenday pokemon? thanks
    I am 100% percent sure Goomy and it's evoultions are Psuedo Legendaries..it just seems to make sense in my opinion

Yes! I was hoping Y would have Heracross.
    AS:

Oh, yeah, that's right. I forgot about that one. Editted accordingly.
    Okay good.

Being honest, I though his typing was changed or something...XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Orange Flabébé seem to be found rarely among the other flowers. I found one on Route 7 while standing in the purple flowers where the Blue Flower was commonly found.

Sorry offtopic. Dutch storys are selling the games allready. X soldout. Y allmost soldout
    Last Update: 13-06-2014
    System: Nintendo 3DS Yveltal
    Playing: POKEMON Y
    Badges: 8/8
    Team: Mega Charizard y, Greninja, Mamoswine, Trevenant, Rotom-W, Venusaur
    Playtime: 722:45
    E4 Win: 90
    FC: 3DS small 0920-0764-0610, Yveltal 3DSXL 4871-4646-5819

Pokedex:
    Central Kalos Dex Seen 150, Obtained 150
    Coastel Kalos Dex Seen 153, Obtained 153
    Mountain Kalos Dex Seen 151, Obtained 151
    National PokeDex Seen 715, Obtained 715

Kalos Dex Complete 04-11-2013, Central Dex Complete 20-11-2013, Mountain Dex Complete 03-12-2013. Nat. Dex Complete 22-12-2013

Why did they remove Heracross from the Mega list and others in the "not confirmed" list of megas. What is debunked?
    252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Hi Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 157-186 (45.63 - 54.06%) -- 3.91% chance to 2HKO
    +6 252+ Atk Gyarados Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 268-316 (77.9 - 91.86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 172-204 (50 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mega Mewtwo X Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 330-391 (95.93 - 113.66%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Pokemon Y team:
    Delphox
    Aggron
    Aurorus
    Mawile/Gardevoir

Quote Originally Posted by AquaPikachu View Post
    I am 100% percent sure Goomy and it's evoultions are Psuedo Legendaries..it just seems to make sense in my opinion
    cool, yea i thought so too - Goomy is just awwdorable, hope it is pseudo legendary!
    Pokemon Y Friend Safari:
    Doduo, Tranquill, and Hawlucha.
    PM me for my 3DS FC if you'd like to add me onto your FS!

Pokemon White2/Y that i can trade away:

Shiny Pokemon:

Goodra is the only Pokemon who's estimated stats come close to 600, so it's really the only choice for it (Aegislash was ~540).
    AS:

Clefairy!
    Keeping us in suspense ...

Why did they remove Heracross from the Mega list and others in the "not confirmed" list of megas. What is debunked?
    There's no credible evidence that one exists.

Bleh, was hoping Pinsir was Y. Besides that, everything seems fine. I wonder, since Houndoom is trademarked and has a chance of getting a Mega, would that mean that its Y counterpart, Manectric, has a chance of getting a Mega too?

Wow the Kalos Dex is primarily disappointing with variation, with repeats like Machamp and Conkeldurr which are essentially of the same banana, the Golem and the Gigalith lines, and every single regional bird prior to Kalos also being in it.

It's just sad to see that there's less variation for a 450 pokemon dex as opposed to a 150-250 pokemon dex from previous generations

Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast