Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Dex Thread v2 [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Goodra is the only Pokemon who's estimated stats come close to 600, so it's really the only choice for it (Aegislash was ~540).
    What are goodra's estimated stats anyway? All i know is it has high special defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    What are goodra's estimated stats anyway? All i know is it has high special defense.
    80-90/90-100/75-85/115-120/135-150/90

Quote Originally Posted by tubbi07 View Post
    Wow the Kalos Dex is primarily disappointing with variation, with repeats like Machamp and Conkeldurr which are essentially of the same banana, the Golem and the Gigalith lines, and every single regional bird prior to Kalos also being in it.

It's just sad to see that there's less variation for a 450 pokemon dex as opposed to a 150-250 pokemon dex from previous generations
    That's simply because so many Pokémons were included overall. The ones missing aren't terribly unique, being ones like the Rattata, Tyrogue and Clamperl lines. Only unique line I can think of missing right off the bat is the Shiftry line, which is just super odd since Ludicolo is in, and possibly Milotic if it is part Fairy now.

80-90/90-100/75-85/115-120/135-150/90
    Not bad. Shame it has common special weaknesses though, hindering its effectiveness as a special tank.

I'm getting so excited for this game. The more I read, the longer these next two days feel. I'm probably one of the few to love the fact they've only introduced 69 new Pokemon, perhaps that's because they've added a substantial amount of my favorite older Pokemon into the dexes. Super excited for the male Pyroar he's so beautiful! I'm also very happy to see we get eevee early on, can't decide if I want to evolve mine into an Umbreon or Leafeon this time around. Plus, super exited to have gotten X, the version exclusives (specifically Houndoom!) make it far more appealing to me.
    Last edited by Taylor516; 10th October 2013 at 5:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbi07 View Post
    Wow the Kalos Dex is primarily disappointing with variation, with repeats like Machamp and Conkeldurr which are essentially of the same banana, the Golem and the Gigalith lines, and every single regional bird prior to Kalos also being in it.

It's just sad to see that there's less variation for a 450 pokemon dex as opposed to a 150-250 pokemon dex from previous generations
    What? With 450 Pokemon available there should be more variation than ever.
    Hoenn Squad

Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post
    What? With 450 Pokemon available there should be more variation than ever.
    Yeah, there's plenty of variation. Poison and ground get the shaft though.

http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14432354/

Shiny Vivillon only has a body change(it is mostly white while wings remain unchanged). It seems that the change is based on climate(ie. same country might have different forms depending on the climate) and Vivillon can apparently be changed by changing the region of 3DS, but probably it is set when the game is started(so further changes don't mean anything).

We still need to play around more with it to understand how this works exactly.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I still can't believe we've got the entire Kalos pokédex up. Here's hoping we see some new mega evolutions soon
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I love the diversity in pokemon this gen i was getting tired of having to use a pokemon because its the only one of its type in game now i have a big selection if each type to choose from. I need confirmation that clefairy is actually a fairy its been eating me up since the type was announced.
    New to competitive battling always up for friendly matches to help me get better!

Fc:2766 8106 8895

Water safari

The only thing I'm a bit upset about with the Kalos Dex is the exclusion of Weezing, was looking forward to use him in 3D. Oh well, maybe post-game. Would also have been nice with the Tyrogue line too, but wasn't really expecting it. Otherwise, all of my favorite non-legendaries are present in this game, and I'm absolutely overjoyed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanineblitz View Post
    I love the diversity in pokemon this gen i was getting tired of having to use a pokemon because its the only one of its type in game now i have a big selection if each type to choose from. I need confirmation that clefairy is actually a fairy its been eating me up since the type was announced.
    It's 1000% confirmed that its half fairy now
    Friend Code: 1375 - 7259 - 9878

Looking for Worthy Pokemon opponents when X & Y Release

Quote Originally Posted by CoolKiddxJaden View Post
    It's 1000% confirmed that its half fairy now
    Prove it.

So many choices... So little time... Aargh, never expected this.

I don't suppose we know if Spritzee and/or Aromatisse can actually learn fly?

I know I really should have a Pokemon that can use fly in my play-through team and although Talonflame is nice, I really would much prefer to use Spritzee however it's evolution does not look like much of a flyer. Despite initial looks, short anime clips have shown Spritzee at least to be capable of flight, not that the anime is a sold predictor of the games and vice-versa.

I MUST have a fairy on my team, but at the moment it stands with Sylveon, unless Spritzee can replace both Talonflame and Sylveon in my main-play-through, freeing up one new spot on my Y playthrough!

(As I want to use 6th gen only teams on both Y and X, and have no interest in using Talonflame on BOTH games)
    Last edited by M-D; 10th October 2013 at 6:08 PM.

Pokémon can have new Characteristics. I just caught a Skiddo that "Takes plenty of siestas".

no growlithe, magmar, electabuzz, & vulpix until December? that's a low blow

Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    I don't suppose we know if Spritzee (and it's evolution) can actually learn fly or not?

I know I really should have a Pokemon that can use fly in my play-through team, and although Talonflame is nice, I really would much prefer to use Spritzee, but it's evolution does not look like much of a flyer itself.Despite initial looks, however, short anime clips have shown Spritzee at least to be capable of flight, not that the anime is a sold predictor of the games and vice-versa.

I MUST have a fairy on my team, but at the moment it stands with Sylveon, unless Spritzee can replace both Talonflame and Sylveon in my main-play-through, freeing up one new spot on my Y playthrough!
    I highly doubt that Aromatisse will be able to learn Fly, considering the fact that it doesn't have any wings. Spritzee being able to fly a little bit doesn't really mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    Prove it.

So many choices... So little time... Aargh, never expected this.
    Many reviewers stated that Clefairy is now a Fairy-type, but we can't be sure how accurate they were, as we don't know if the line is obtainable in any manner until Poké Transporter.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

God dammit, generally prefer the X exclusives.. But Yveltal!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14432354/

Shiny Vivillon only has a body change(it is mostly white while wings remain unchanged). It seems that the change is based on climate(ie. same country might have different forms depending on the climate) and Vivillon can apparently be changed by changing the region of 3DS, but probably it is set when the game is started(so further changes don't mean anything).

We still need to play around more with it to understand how this works exactly.
    ... if so, I have a great need for shiny white-winged Vivillon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Pokémon can have new Characteristics. I just caught a Skiddo that "Takes plenty of siestas".
    Interesting.

1779 1165 5016

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    That;s why I am getting both

Name: Flare
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Planned Pokemon Y Team:

Planned Pokemon X Team:

3DS FC is: 1220 7327 1929. Feel free to add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    You can always just trade lol
    I'm getting Y because the only X exclusive I want is the legendary.

There is a lot of variation. Would have liked to see more new pokes, but hopefully these new guys will make up for that with having decent stats. There is definitely a lot of choices there when picking a team.
    JUST A CHILLED OUT SKUNTANK GUY

MARCH OF THE SKUNTANK ARMY

Lesson: Disagreeing with other opinions no matter how small may lead to flame wars and banging your head against the wall

I highly doubt that Aromatisse will be able to learn Fly, considering the fact that it doesn't have any wings. Spritzee being able to fly a little bit doesn't really mean anything.
    One word: Dodrio :P
    ~Credit to:Sworn Metalhead for the banner~

I've designed what my team is going to be, but it's probably going to change in game.

There is too many pokemon I want to get

BUT if the Ruby and Sapphire remakes are true, I can hold off on some of the old pokemon I want to get until then

Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast