Page 1 of 555 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

Default Official X & Y Help Thread

As the games are out and people are already asking questions about what's where and so forth, you can have a Help thread to ask those questions in!

Please keep the posts to the topic of answering/asking questions please. Also have patience with questions as sometimes posts get missed - you are allowed to re-post questions if a significant amount of time has passed without an answer (unless you'd be double posting which isn't allowed =p).

Please take a good look at the XY section of the main site first before asking your questions.
    Also, please be aware some questions can't be answered at once.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

where is the ralts trader in lumiose city? cant find him :/

Quote Originally Posted by relaxo12 View Post
    where is the ralts trader in lumiose city? cant find him :/
    It's only in post-game after you defeat the champion.

I'm sort of confused on how to evolve Inkay. You are suppose to hold the 3DS upside down to make evolve right? But when do you do this? Right before it levels up? Anytime during battle? Or just randomly flipping the 3DS upside down at any moment? And at what level can you start doing this?

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

already beat him! help!

anyone know how to evolve sliggoo hes lvl 80 now and still no goodra

Quote Originally Posted by gruffpunch View Post
    anyone know how to evolve sliggoo hes lvl 80 now and still no goodra
        Spoiler:- Evolving Goodra:

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

Hey guys. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but... in the PGL Link Serebii shared in t mentioned the Torchic Event. Does that mean we have to get it off the PGL or is it still over Wifi. Anyone know? Sorry is this is the wrong place to ask this.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
        Spoiler:- Evolving Goodra:
    thankyou now to find some rain :P

Does anyone know where Pancham can be found?
    Omega Ruby

i can confirm you need to level up sliggoo in the rain to evolve him in to goodra not sure what lvl he needs to be tho

Quote Originally Posted by gruffpunch View Post
    i can confirm you need to level up sliggoo in the rain to evolve him in to goodra not sure what lvl he needs to be tho
    Level 70, I think.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutaja1996 View Post
    Does anyone know where Pancham can be found?
    It's only found on Route 5, shortly after the first gym.

Can someone tell me if there's any in-game trade concerning Skrelp and Clauncher ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I've got a question regarding where the data gets saved to. I'm getting both physical copies of X and Y, is the data saved onto the cartridge or my 3DS system(SD card)?
    I want to know if I can just play both games on one 3DS system then whenever I want to trade/battling with them I can just put one into another 3DS and still have it all. Or if I need to start both copies on different 3DS systems in order to trade/battle between the two.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    I've got a question regarding where the data gets saved to. I'm getting both physical copies of X and Y, is the data saved onto the cartridge or my 3DS system(SD card)?
    I want to know if I can just play both games on one 3DS system then whenever I want to trade/battling with them I can just put one into another 3DS and still have it all. Or if I need to start both copies on different 3DS systems in order to trade/battle between the two.
    3DS games, whether physical or a digital copy, it always saves on the SD card.
    So, if you wish to trade or battle, you need to have a separate system, each with their own saves and copies.

Simply copying your save to another SD card and using it on a different 3DS won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    So, if you wish to trade or battle, you need to have a separate system, each with their own saves and copies.

Simply copying your save to another SD card and using it on a different 3DS won't work.
    Does this mean if I were to play through X and Y on "3DS 1" I can't then trade with myself by putting one of X or Y into "3DS 2"?
    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

Quote Originally Posted by Mime Senior View Post
    Does this mean if I were to play through X and Y on "3DS 1" I can't then trade with myself by putting one of X or Y into "3DS 2"?
    Of course not. Unless you have a save file of the games on the 2nd 3DS as well...

So I suggest that you play X in one 3DS, then Y in the other.

I still doubt about that. Maybe for digital copies, but I can freely play my physical game carts without a SD card on my 3DS and my saved file is there.
    I sometimes put my own game on my brother's 3DS and my save file is there as well...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    I still doubt about that. Maybe for digital copies, but I can freely play my physical game carts without a SD card on my 3DS and my saved file is still there.
    This is what I thought would be the case. It seems like on odd restriction for Nintendo to place on the physical copy if it's true, either way I'll be testing it when my games arrive.

I still doubt about that. Maybe for digital copies, but I can freely play my physical game carts without a SD card on my 3DS and my saved file is there.
    I sometimes put my own game on my brother's 3DS and my save file is there as well...
    Hmmm... I guess I got my facts wrong. I apologize.
    @Mime Senior: It's best to try it out yourself then.

Are you sure? I apparently had a Zelda save file on the Used Copy I purchased from someone... I think Pokemon will be treated the same as the saves are tied to the Cartridges, not the 3DS.

With Pokemon, unless it's Digital Copy, it will only be tied to the card, not the 3DS SD Card.

So for those with Digital Downloads, your saves will be tied to the 3DS SD Card, while those who have the Physical Copies will be tied to those respective cards.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: Kami 1349-5696-3132

Playing Pokemon X:
    Name: Kami

Proud Owner of:
    Shiny Hasty Protean Froakie with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Timid Ghastly with 31/14/31/31/31/31 and 6IV's
    Shiny Brave Honedge with 31/31/31/24/31/00
    Shiny Impish Furfrou with 31/31/31/X/31/31 (M) and 6IV's (F)
    Shiny Timid Volt Absorb Jolteon with 31/X/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
    Shiny Bold Cute Charm Sylveon with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Jolly Tyrunt with 31/31/31/31/23/31
    Shiny Timid Infiltrator Noibat with 31/14/23/31/31/31

That's okay.
    Now that I think of it, when 3DS wasn't out yet, where did our game carts saved ? If I remember correctly, the original DS didn't have a SD Cart, right ? That's how I went with the theory SD cards do not save completely your files, but I think it only is important for digital games, pictures taken by the 3DS camera and stuff like that.
    I'm pretty sure it saves on the 3DS cart the same way. Unless you're buying one digitally, Mime Senior, it think it doesn't matter. You can even try to save your game without a SD card if you want it to be proven.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Unless you're buying one digitally, Mime Senior, it think it doesn't matter. You can even try to save your game without a SD card if you want it to be proven.
    Yeah I'm receiving physical copies of both in order to trade/breed between my own games so I shouldn't have to worry about the SD card at all.
    Plus I can just test it with Zelda now to see if your experience is true for all 3DS'.

It's alright, that did confuse me at first however.
    Considering the fact that I can still play all my other 3DS games(which are all physical copoies btw) on my older 3DS, and be able to play right were I left off from my main 3DS XL. I already knew digital copies saved to the SD card cause it's not like you can trade it between 3DS systems to play.
    I believe only certain streetpass data/updates for the game are saved onto the 3DS system, and not available if you play it on another 3DS. So I believe as long as you have the physical copies no matter if you play them on the same 3DS you'll be able to trade between the two if you put one into another 3DS.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Page 1 of 555 123451151101 ... LastLast