Page 295 of 543 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 13552

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

i've been wanting to request some acquaintances and passerbys for friends but don't see how i can do it. something im missing?

Have your game connect to the internet by pressing the blue button on the PSS. Passersby will automatically show up, but you can only get acquaintances by trading or battling others online.
    Claims | Bergmite, Knights of the Round (Final Fantasy series, summon)
    3DS Friend Code | 2148 8469 8580
    ΩRαS | Adventure awaits.
    X | Nixon (OT: 43198) / Friend Safari Ghost (Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, Dusclops)
    Wh | Ace (OT: 62283) ・ W2 | Lloyd (OT: 30233)SS | Karagu (OT: 55992)

KEEP CALM and BE A CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    i've been wanting to request some acquaintances and passerbys for friends but don't see how i can do it. something im missing?
    You need to battle/trade with them first, before you can add them as friends.
    3DS Friend Code: 5069-4585-1055
    SV: 1845
    Flying-type (Tropius, Farfetch'd and Swanna)

yeah i do battle and trade with some but i never see a friend request option or friend code option or nothing before or afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    yeah i do battle and trade with some but i never see a friend request option or friend code option or nothing.
    You need to do at least two things with each person - as far as I know, watching a PR video doesn't count, so I guess battling and trading with the same person is the best option. The O-Power thing might count as well, but I've never tried using those myself. But once you've done two things with a specific person, you'll see a prompt asking you if you want to add them to your friend list. I've gained about half of my friends this way, even someone from Japan
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    You need to do at least two things with each person - as far as I know, watching a PR video doesn't count, so I guess battling and trading with the same person is the best option. The O-Power thing might count as well, but I've never tried using those myself. But once you've done two things with a specific person, you'll see a prompt asking you if you want to add them to your friend list. I've gained about half of my friends this way, even someone from Japan

thanks for the help

Are there any math majors in here, or people who are generally good at math? I've been having a discussion on another forum and we are trying to determine the odds of breeding a perfect Pokemon in a certain situation. That is, a Pokemon with six perfect 31 IV's.

In our scenario, there are two parents: Each with five perfect IV's. I will display this as 31/31/31/31/31/x where x is less than 31 and the one we are trying to change.
    Now, the method of breeding is simply by giving one of the Pokemon the Destiny Knot. This will ensure that 5/6 of the stats are determined from the parents. So the equation we've come up with for getting a perfect six 31 IV offspring when breeding two Pokemon with five perfect IV's, where the IV's are perfect for the same stats is:
    (1/6) * (1/32) = 1/192

The parents' stats look like this:
    31/31/31/31/31/x
    31/31/31/31/31/x

As you can see, there is a 1/6 chance that the stat we want to change will not come from either parent. When this happens, the stat will be randomly determined between 0-31, which is why we multiply by 1/32. So we can agree on the fact that two identical Pokemon with the same five perfect IV's have a 1/192 chance of breeding a perfect Pokemon.

However, that is not our issue. When it comes to having two Pokemon with five perfect IV's, but whose perfect IV's are not the same, there is an added factor. As I showed before I believe that this will lower the chances of breeding a perfect six IV baby, but the other person believes there is a higher chance. Here is my equation and reasoning:

(1/6) * (1/32) * (1/2) = 1/384

31/31/31/31/31/x
    31/31/31/31/x/31

As you can see, this equation is very similar to our last one, but because the five perfect IV's of the parents are not all the same, we must consider that factor. So we have the 1/6 chance that our non-perfect IV is chosen as the random IV. We have the 1/32 chance that this will be 31. The 1/2 comes into play because there is a 50% chance that it will chose the 31 from one parent, or the other x from the other parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvardenfell View Post
    Are there any math majors in here, or people who are generally good at math? I've been having a discussion on another forum and we are trying to determine the odds of breeding a perfect Pokemon in a certain situation. That is, a Pokemon with six perfect 31 IV's.

In our scenario, there are two parents: Each with five perfect IV's. I will display this as 31/31/31/31/31/x where x is less than 31 and the one we are trying to change.
    Now, the method of breeding is simply by giving one of the Pokemon the Destiny Knot. This will ensure that 5/6 of the stats are determined from the parents. So the equation we've come up with for getting a perfect six 31 IV offspring when breeding two Pokemon with five perfect IV's, where the IV's are perfect for the same stats is:
    (1/6) * (1/32) = 1/192

31/31/31/31/31/x
    31/31/31/31/31/x

As you can see, there is a 1/6 chance that the stat we want to change will not come from either parent. When this happens, the stat will be randomly determined between 0-31, which is why we multiply by 1/32. So we can agree on the fact that two identical Pokemon with the same five perfect IV's have a 1/192 chance of breeding a perfect Pokemon.

However, that is not our issue. When it comes to having two Pokemon with five perfect IV's, but whose perfect IV's are not the same, there is an added factor. As I showed before I believe that this will lower the chances of breeding a perfect six IV baby, but the other person believes there is a higher chance. Here is my equation and reasoning:

(1/6) * (1/32) * (1/2) = 1/384

31/31/31/31/31/x
    31/31/31/31/x/31

As you can see, this equation is very similar to our last one, but because the five perfect IV's of the parents are not all the same, we must consider that factor. So we have the 1/6 chance that our non-perfect IV is chosen as the random IV. We have the 1/32 chance that this will be 31. The 1/2 comes into play because there is a 50% chance that it will chose the 31 from one parent, or the other x from the other parent.
    Coming from a very quick glance from a very tired brain i would actually say that i think the chance works out exactly the same. Since there are still 10/12 perfect IVs and 2/12 IVs imperfects that can be chosen.
    The 1/6 in that final equation should be a 2/6 because there are two stats with possible imperfect IVs to be inherited, once you the factor in the *1/2 it works out to be just the same as before.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

Can anyone help me find out my Friend Safari type and Pokemon?
    X/Y Friend Code: 2079 7282 0198
    HG Friend Code: 3568 7810 9340
    Looking for:
    PokeBank Pokemon, Shinies, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by magentaman View Post
    Coming from a very quick glance from a very tired brain i would actually say that i think the chance works out exactly the same. Since there are still 10/12 perfect IVs and 2/12 IVs imperfects that can be chosen.
    The 1/6 in that final equation should be a 2/6 because there are two stats with possible imperfect IVs to be inherited, once you the factor in the *1/2 it works out to be just the same as before.
    Yes, but you see, there is essentially only one imperfect that can be chosen when the parents have the same IV's. Since that one stat contains the imperfect for both parents, it is either chosen, or it is not.

In the case of two different sets of five perfect IV's, there are two imperfects, so even if the one you want gets chosen, you still have to receive the perfect IV for the other stat.

The final equation is still 1/6 because the Destiny Knot still transfers 5/6 IV's.

Has anyone else here noticed a delay before the battle menu pops up after the pokemon has been released from the ball??

Its about 1-2 secs … Could this be because of the increase in affection from Pokemon Amie? Didn't have this problem before.

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Is it confirmed that the Element Gems are unavailable in these games? Cos I found a Normal Gem in Terminus Cave yesterday.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Is there a way to make more boxes? Or do you have to fill them up for new ones to add..
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Alex)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    Is it confirmed that the Element Gems are unavailable in these games? Cos I found a Normal Gem in Terminus Cave yesterday.
    Yes, the Normal gem is the only gem available in the game. But interestingly, all type plates are available.
    So I guess you could say that since there was no existing Normal-type plate, they've decided to bring only the Normal Gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreayshawn View Post
    Is there a way to make more boxes? Or do you have to fill them up for new ones to add..
    I don't know if it's the same as Gen 5 (haven't really bothered), but if it is, then you just need to put at least one Pokemon in each box to open more.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I don't know if it's the same as Gen 5 (haven't really bothered), but if it is, then you just need to put at least one Pokemon in each box to open more.
    I can confirm it still works this way.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It does. Thanks. I had 1 empty box, plopped one Poke, exited then PC then went back in and there were like 7 new boxes.
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Alex)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

Is there a list somewhere of what Pokemon you can see in the three cafes? For multiple days I've had the guy say there's no pokemon there I haven't seen, but my pokedex isn't full for any of the regions. Hence why I'm wondering if each has a limited set.
    Now playing Pokemon X. Add me!

Friend Code: 4897-7120-5734

1. How can I know the Pokemon of my Friend Safari? I'm still on my way to the Psychic game so I still haven't finished the game, so how do I actually know it?

2. I live in Canada, so of course my Vivillon would be a Polar pattern one. But if I change my 3DS's location, will the pattern also change for my succeeding Vivillon evolved from Spewpa?

Quote Originally Posted by Au Au View Post
    1. How can I know the Pokemon of my Friend Safari? I'm still on my way to the Psychic game so I still haven't finished the game, so how do I actually know it?

2. I live in Canada, so of course my Vivillon would be a Polar pattern one. But if I change my 3DS's location, will the pattern also change for my succeeding Vivillon evolved from Spewpa?
    1. Someone who has added you and visited your Safari has to tell you.
    2. You need to restart your game after changing your region to get a different Vivillon pattern. Once you start a game it's set permanently.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

How do I make the trash cans in Lost Hotel shake? I keep running around in the Lost Hotel, back and forth past trash cans, leaving & re-entering the structure over and over, all while constantly running from normal wild encounters (because I already have all of them), and I can't get any of the cans to shake! I haven't even gotten a Trubbish yet, much less a Rotom!
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4597-0632-8038
    X & Y FRIEND SAFARI POKEMON: Paras, Masquerain, Venomoth

X Version Shinies:
    Y Version Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
    How do I make the trash cans in Lost Hotel shake? I keep running around in the Lost Hotel, back and forth past trash cans, leaving & re-entering the structure over and over, all while constantly running from normal wild encounters (because I already have all of them), and I can't get any of the cans to shake! I haven't even gotten a Trubbish yet, much less a Rotom!
    It's random, keep reloading the area and eventually you'll find one shaking.

What about the fact I've just spent 40+ straight minutes standing in place in Frost Cavern, Sweet-Scenting over and over and over and over and over again, and still haven't encountered a Smoochum horde, despite the fact that the site lists them as "Uncommon", not "Very Rare"?
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4597-0632-8038
    X & Y FRIEND SAFARI POKEMON: Paras, Masquerain, Venomoth

X Version Shinies:
    Y Version Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
    What about the fact I've just spent 40+ straight minutes standing in place in Frost Cavern, Sweet-Scenting over and over and over and over and over again, and still haven't encountered a Smoochum horde, despite the fact that the site lists them as "Uncommon", not "Very Rare"?
    Again, it's all luck of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Yes, the Normal gem is the only gem available in the game. But interestingly, all type plates are available.
    So I guess you could say that since there was no existing Normal-type plate, they've decided to bring only the Normal Gem.

? I found a rock gem my last file. Can't remember where though.

As for the friend safari, you just have to wait, or if you are friends with someone far enough, you'll know.

^Lucky, last file when searching for a piloswine/beartic, that's pretty much all I got for half in hour, it was maddening.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    ? I found a rock gem my last file. Can't remember where though.

As for the friend safari, you just have to wait, or if you are friends with someone far enough, you'll know.

^Lucky, last file when searching for a piloswine/beartic, that's pretty much all I got for half in hour, it was maddening.
    Pics or didn't happen. It's pretty much confirmed that any Gem other than Normal isn't available.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Page 295 of 543 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast