Page 307 of 555 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 13873

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    Can you use your 3DS game coins for anything in X and Y?
    No you can't.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Just wondering do the chances of running into a shiny in the Friend Safari are reset after you find one, kind of like when you fish consecutively?

Miju o:

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    Just wondering do the chances of running into a shiny in the Friend Safari are reset after you find one, kind of like when you fish consecutively?
    Unknown, we can't know until someone is able to get into the game files properly.
    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

I'm currently going through my boxes, putting 3-5 lower-level Pokemon at a time into a team headed by a Level-70 Pokemon, turning Exp. Share on, and going to the Battle Chateau, to trigger evolutions. Now, Inkay is going to be part of the next group, and so I have a lot of questions involving its "level up while the 3DS is upside-down" evolution:

- Does Inkay actually have to be in-battle, (as in, having made the KO) so the level-up happens onscreen, for the evolution to take place? Or can it just be in the party and Exp. Share?
    - Can it be done out of battle with a Rare Candy, or does it have to be a combat level-up?
    - Does the 3DS have to be A) upside-down while the blue EXP bar is moving toward and hitting the level-up mark, B) flipped upside-down while the "Inkay grew to Level IFORGET!" message is on-screen (i.e., while the stat-increase data is being shown), or C) flipped upside-down with superhuman picture-perfect timing at the EXACT MILLISECOND INSTANT that the level-up is hit and the chime sounds?
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4597-0632-8038
    X & Y FRIEND SAFARI POKEMON: Paras, Masquerain, Venomoth

X Version Shinies:
    Y Version Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
    I'm currently going through my boxes, putting 3-5 lower-level Pokemon at a time into a team headed by a Level-70 Pokemon, turning Exp. Share on, and going to the Battle Chateau, to trigger evolutions. Now, Inkay is going to be part of the next group, and so I have a lot of questions involving its "level up while the 3DS is upside-down" evolution:

- Does Inkay actually have to be in-battle, (as in, having made the KO) so the level-up happens onscreen, for the evolution to take place? Or can it just be in the party and Exp. Share?
    - Can it be done out of battle with a Rare Candy, or does it have to be a combat level-up?
    - Does the 3DS have to be A) upside-down while the blue EXP bar is moving toward and hitting the level-up mark, B) flipped upside-down while the "Inkay grew to Level IFORGET!" message is on-screen (i.e., while the stat-increase data is being shown), or C) flipped upside-down with superhuman picture-perfect timing at the EXACT MILLISECOND INSTANT that the level-up is hit and the chime sounds?
    I just held the 3DS upside down when I knew Inkay was going to be leveling up. When the evolution sequence started, I turned the 3DS right side up. As for getting exp, it can be anyway you want it.

FC: 2938-7055-3337
    Normal Friend Safari with Teddiursa/Kecleon/Smeargle
    Shinies: Togepi & Dedenne

Quote Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post

Don't over think it. I turned it upside down when Inkay reached Lv30.

If you're not sure, just save beforehand, that way if for some reason it doesn't work you can just try again.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I just played with the 3DS upside down from the moment Inkay reached Lv29 and didn't right it until after the evo triggered. Made for an interesting experience, I tell you~
    3DS Friend Code | 2148 8469 8580
    ΩR | Duelleck (♂OT: 44357)αS | Merlwyn (♀OT: 57802)
    X | Nixon (OT: 43198) / Friend Safari Ghost (Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, Dusclops)
    Wh | Ace (OT: 62283) ・ W2 | Lloyd (OT: 30233) ・ SS | Karagu (OT: 55992)

Claims | Golurk ・ Knights of the Round (Final Fantasy series, summon)

I have a question about the Masuda method.

Some people are soft resetting with the same eggs in their party over and over, and they have gotten shinies this way. Others say you will get the same nature/IVs/gender/etc every single time and so therefore there is no way to get a shiny this way. Which one of these is true? Can I get a shiny by soft resetting with the same 5 eggs in my party or no?

| survival project |
    | this trainer is different. everyone knows it, but no one can explain it. |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | he's hiding something. she just doesn't know it. |
    | on hiatus|

| love and other nightmares |
    | limited time, limited abilities. kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving. |
    | chapter 3 released 11/22/14 |

Quote Originally Posted by diamondpearl876 View Post
    I have a question about the Masuda method.

Some people are soft resetting with the same eggs in their party over and over, and they have gotten shinies this way. Others say you will get the same nature/IVs/gender/etc every single time and so therefore there is no way to get a shiny this way. Which one of these is true? Can I get a shiny by soft resetting with the same 5 eggs in my party or no?
    I don't know how someone could have 5 eggs in their party, save, hatch them, reset, hatch them again and get different pokemon. The nature, ability, shininess, gender, etc. is set when the egg is in your party.

The only explanation I can think of is that perhaps the people are saving with no eggs, while the Daycare Man is holding one, because if you save, take the egg, and keep hatching it, the details should change.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 20th November 2013 at 10:22 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

ummm guys. i need help. is it fine to fully super train a pokemon before leveling it? example: i just caught a riolu at lvl 7 and its already fully ev trained without me using it for any battle

Quote Originally Posted by kyutendou View Post
    ummm guys. i need help. is it fine to fully super train a pokemon before leveling it? example: i just caught a riolu at lvl 7 and its already fully ev trained without me using it for any battle
    Doesn't make a difference at all.
    The EVs will still be there at Lv100 as they are at Lv7.
    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

Quote Originally Posted by Mime Senior View Post
    Doesn't make a difference at all.
    The EVs will still be there at Lv100 as they are at Lv7.
    so u mean it will still get the ev boost? i dont know. its gaining +2 special attack and +2 speed after every level up. its now a lucario. is that normal?

so u mean it will still get the ev boost? i dont know. its gaining +2 special attack and +2 speed after every level up. its now a lucario. is that normal?
    The stats obtained from EVs are spread out over all 100 levels, so you won't reap the benefits of EV training until higher levels. That said, when you EV train doesn't matter. Like Mime Senior said, you'll get those stat points added no matter when you do the training.

As long as your Mexican Pokemon is a named in a different language (Or had been, if you evolved it yourself) it will work.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Can anyone give me timburr/gurdurr/conkeldurr with thunder & ice & and fire punch?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzzi View Post
    Can anyone give me timburr/gurdurr/conkeldurr with thunder & ice & and fire punch?
    Assuming the Serebii Dex doesn't have its facts mixed up, those were Tutor only moves for it and are not accessible right now. Gurrdur can be gotten in Victory Road though...

Quote Originally Posted by Anzzi View Post
    I think those egg moves are Gen V only. So you can't get a Timburr with those moves before the Pokemon Bank is up and running. And I think this request is better suited for the trade forum

Edit: Ninja'd

How do I take someone off of my friends list?

Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    How do I take someone off of my friends list?
    If you mean your 3DS friend list, once in your friend list, go to Settings and then Delete Friend Card.

If you mean in game, it's a pain to do (and it requires 2 systems).

Here's a link to the YouTube video where I found out about it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkRwG2aX2NQ

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTheater View Post
    It's just named Honedge (the default species name). So the MM won't work...?
    Does it have a SPA (Spanish) marker when you go to the Pokemon's summary? If so, then it should work. For Honedge, the English and Spanish names are the same.
    Last edited by Shiny Budew; 20th November 2013 at 8:28 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-1435-1920 (Andrea)
    Pokémon X Trainer Name: Andrea
    Native Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Feel free to PM/VM if you'd like to trade Vivillon patterns (accepting all).
    Please do not add me for Friend Safari as I'm focused on completing the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Budew View Post
    If you mean your 3DS friend list, once in your friend list, go to Settings and then Delete Friend Card.

If you mean in game, it's a pain to do (and it requires 2 systems).

Here's a link to the YouTube video where I found out about it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkRwG2aX2NQ

Does it have a SPA (Spanish) marker when you go to the Pokemon's summary? If so, then it should work. For Honedge, the English and Spanish names are the same.
    Oh. I see. Thanks anyways.

Where would it say SPA?
    Above where it says Dex No.
    Please do not add me for Friend Safari as I'm focused on completing the storyline.

I don't see it there At all, on any of the summary pages.

Was I scammed? I wanted to trade for a foreign Honedge...
    Try the GTS. Put up a Honedge asking for Honedge. You can say you want a non English one as a note

Is it better to run a jolly or adamant nature on a scarfed garchomp?
    FC: 5172-1099-6053
    Friend Safari: Meditite, Throh, Breloom
    XY Shinies:

Mega Metagross will kill you 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Skobby View Post
    Is it better to run a jolly or adamant nature on a scarfed garchomp?
    Jolly, if you're running scarf then you want to get as much speed as possible. (Naive if you go for fire blast)
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

Have I imagined this? I thought there was an item that made moves that hit 2-5 times always hit 5 times. I know there is the skill link ability, but I also thought I'd seen an item that has the same effect, however I can't seem to find it by googling. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Page 307 of 555 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast