Page 353 of 555 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 13873

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

  1. #8801
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Unfortunately, Secret Super Training is the only method for obtaining more of the evolution stones.
    me i was disappointed why they had take out the dusk, shiny, and dawn stones from pickup abilities now it makes it more hard to complete the dex
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 20th December 2013 at 1:51 PM.

  2. #8802
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taily View Post
    I just encountered a serious problem here. My game CANNOT SAVE. I am playing X and I've been failing to save my game data, it always ends with what I saved in Kiloude City two days ago. I don't know if anyone has got this problem before I know the Lumiose City bug and it's fixed I wonder if I can do anything to report this or should I just wait.
    Strange, first time I've heard of that, maybe report to Pokémon, since this is pretty gamebreaking.

  3. #8803
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taily View Post
    I just encountered a serious problem here. My game CANNOT SAVE. I am playing X and I've been failing to save my game data, it always ends with what I saved in Kiloude City two days ago. I don't know if anyone has got this problem before I know the Lumiose City bug and it's fixed I wonder if I can do anything to report this or should I just wait.
    one implies you might have a broken game file, well if that's the case i think there is only one solution, contact nintendo?

  4. #8804
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,332

    Default

    What's the Little Pentagon on the Pokémon's Status Page mean?

    It was mentioned in a Video Released by Pokémon Japan Youtube. (2 Min Mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH6GG...em-uploademail )
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  5. #8805
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,789

    Default

    Can I combine Lucky Egg and Exp. All at the same time ?
    Now that the Exp. Share isn't an hold item anymore, I was wondering if I could not only activate it so can everyone get some experience points, but can Lucky Egg trigger with Pokémon that aren't battling ?
    If I battle with a Pokémon and every members of my team has a Lucky Egg in hands, will they all get the Lucky Egg boost ?
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  6. #8806
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    but can Lucky Egg trigger with Pokémon that aren't battling ?
    If I battle with a Pokémon and every members of my team has a Lucky Egg in hands, will they all get the Lucky Egg boost ?
    no lucky egg is only activated with the pokemon you used for battle
    provided that your team all had lucky egg, then they will all get lucky egg boost

  7. #8807
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    What's the Little Pentagon on the Pokémon's Status Page mean?

    It was mentioned in a Video Released by Pokémon Japan Youtube. (2 Min Mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH6GG...em-uploademail )
    It means that the Pokémon was originally obtained in Pokémon X or Y.

  8. #8808
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dyaus Spring, Suicune's Home
    Posts
    4,784

    Default

    So, here's one I really need help with.

    Will the Masuda Method work if my Ditto is German and my Froakie is Japanese?





  9. #8809
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post
    So, here's one I really need help with.

    Will the Masuda Method work if my Ditto is German and my Froakie is Japanese?
    Of course it will.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  10. #8810
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    What's the Little Pentagon on the Pokémon's Status Page mean?

    It was mentioned in a Video Released by Pokémon Japan Youtube. (2 Min Mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH6GG...em-uploademail )
    Apart from what dirkac said:
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    It means that the Pokémon was originally obtained in Pokémon X or Y.
    Additionally, it also means that the Pokemon is legitimately obtained in the game.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  11. #8811
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I started playing Pokemon when Red & Blue came out. Went from Yellow to Silver, brother had Gold. Stopped there cause of college. Picked up Y about a week ago and I have been trying to search online and I just don't understand this Nature thing... From what I read online you don't want a Nature that increases and decreases the same stat... I don't understand why you would want to increase your attack but lower your defense. Are lvl 100 Pokemon battles faught to get 1 shot kills or something? You're going to get hit eventually and that decrease doesn't seem worth it. I get you can decrease other stats like Speed or something, depends on what you want to do with your Pokemon. Why isn't a stat that lowers and raises the same stat good? Wouldn't that mean you have a balanced Pokemon rather than one with a raised and lowered stat. I'm very confused of this... Sorry for the multiple questions.
    Starter Pokemon? Bulbasaur, was there ever any other choice?

  12. #8812
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Is there any way to guarantee a HA to be passed down from Parent to off spring, or is it still fifty-fifty chance it could happen?
    Signature Strike 1.
    The image is taller than 400 pixels, so it has been removed.


    3ds Fc 0962-9574-3533 IGN Luke

  13. #8813
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcollins85 View Post
    I started playing Pokemon when Red & Blue came out. Went from Yellow to Silver, brother had Gold. Stopped there cause of college. Picked up Y about a week ago and I have been trying to search online and I just don't understand this Nature thing... From what I read online you don't want a Nature that increases and decreases the same stat... I don't understand why you would want to increase your attack but lower your defense. Are lvl 100 Pokemon battles faught to get 1 shot kills or something? You're going to get hit eventually and that decrease doesn't seem worth it. I get you can decrease other stats like Speed or something, depends on what you want to do with your Pokemon. Why isn't a stat that lowers and raises the same stat good? Wouldn't that mean you have a balanced Pokemon rather than one with a raised and lowered stat. I'm very confused of this... Sorry for the multiple questions.
    Many Pokemon don't use both of their attacking stats; hence, most people will run the Nature that drops the attacking stat they're not using.

    A Pokemon such as Machamp can afford to cut its Special Attack, because it should never, ever be using it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thefourelements View Post
    Is there any way to guarantee a HA to be passed down from Parent to off spring, or is it still fifty-fifty chance it could happen?
    There is no way to guarantee it.

  14. #8814
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    43

    Default

    How do I get past the guy to see the boss at brun way?

  15. #8815
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Litwick's Mansion :O
    Posts
    753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharizardFan09 View Post
    How do I get past the guy to see the boss at brun way?
    Learn the 4 Roller Skating Tricks(Backflip, Running Start, The Parallel Swizzle, and The 360)
    Then you will be able to get past the guy and speak to the boss.
    The boss will teach you the trick The Cosmic Flip.

    Here's a guide: http://www.serebii.net/xy/rollerskates.shtml

  16. #8816
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Which is easier to hatch eggs with:
    The Hatching Trick(Lumiose City) or
    cycling in front of route 7 for a MM?
    Y FC:3668-8068-3650
    IGN:Ash
    Flying safari

    Pokemon: spearow,tropius and swanna

    Looking for: Wartortle, Shelgon, Sliggoo(Top Priority), Gyarados, Breloom,Dragonair
    Not adding anybody without these pokemon, unless it is a person that does not know their pokemon, then, I would be happy to help. Also will add safaris with pokemon not from the Kalos Pokedex(all three)

        Spoiler:- Dont look at the spoiler!!!:

    3DS name: Moeez

    Note: I am unable to do buisness from Monday to Friday 8:00. From Friday 8:00 to sunday 8:00, I am available. You can pm anytime.

  17. #8817
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arceus500 View Post
    Which is easier to hatch eggs with:
    The Hatching Trick(Lumiose City) or
    cycling in front of route 7 for a MM?
    It depends on how you like to hatch eggs, and it comes down to personal preference. If you like to get 5 eggs and hatch them right away, I find Route 7 is simpler to go through, since it doesn't take long to hatch 5 eggs anyway. If you like collecting a lot of eggs and then hatching them all at once, Lumiose City tends to be better since you can just go in one direction until they hatch, without having to go back and collect more eggs.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia



  18. #8818
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arceus500 View Post
    Which is easier to hatch eggs with:
    The Hatching Trick(Lumiose City) or
    cycling in front of route 7 for a MM?
    For me it depends on what kind of eggs you're hatching. If you hatch eggs with low egg cycles, sticking to Route 7 is probably better since they'll start hatching before you can fill your team with eggs anyway. If you're hatching things like Dratini, on the other hand, it might be more useful to collect 5 eggs then proceed to Prism Tower.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

    Shinies:

  19. #8819
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey everyone. I thought I had and understanding please help.
    I have been breeding 3 iv cubone with everstone and adamant nature and a 5 iv ditto with destiny knot I am under the impression I can breed and get 5 iv cubones but im 3 boxes in with nothing but 2 iv and 3 iv adamant cubones how do I fix this? Or am I having poor luck. Thank you please pm me if you could.

  20. #8820
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thc funkay View Post
    Hey everyone. I thought I had and understanding please help.
    I have been breeding 3 iv cubone with everstone and adamant nature and a 5 iv ditto with destiny knot I am under the impression I can breed and get 5 iv cubones but im 3 boxes in with nothing but 2 iv and 3 iv adamant cubones how do I fix this? Or am I having poor luck. Thank you please pm me if you could.
    Well, between the two Pokemon, you have 12 IVs, 8 of which are 31s, and the Destiny Knot passes down only 5 of those 12 IVs between the two parents. So on average you would get 3-4 of the flawless IVs passed down (5/12 is 41%, so each IV has a 41% chance of being "chosen". 41% of 8 is 3.33). What you need to do is switch out your baby Cubones with more 31 IVs than the current parent into the Daycare as you get them. Eventually you'll work your way up to 5 IVs. It will also help if you attach a Power Item corresponding to one of the 31 IVs that the Cubone has instead of the Everstone. Of course, you'll lose your good nature, but you'll get better IVs faster.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  21. #8821
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arceus500 View Post
    Which is easier to hatch eggs with:
    The Hatching Trick(Lumiose City) or
    cycling in front of route 7 for a MM?
    What I tend to do is switch it up a bit.

    I usually do:

    A. Horde a box of Eggs then hatch it at Lumiose
    B. Just keep going back and forward on Route 7 until I get a box full of hatched eggs
    C. Get a box full, then take a few out at a time while I shiny hunt in the Friend Safari

    Hi, I'm Lewis and I do Smash Bros and Nintendo Content for YouTube! UK Melee/Project M/Smash 4 Player.


    Speedruns:

        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):


  22. #8822
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    280

    Default

    For completing the pokedex.
    Do I need to capture all pokemon or just see them?
    Signature edited due to exceeding font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    MF FC: 4227-2057-1261

    National pokedex challenge completed!
    National pokedex completed 3 days before New Year.
    Thnx to all who helped me

  23. #8823
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajduk View Post
    For completing the pokedex.
    Do I need to capture all pokemon or just see them?
    Capture them all

  24. #8824
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajduk View Post
    For completing the pokedex.
    Do I need to capture all pokemon or just see them?
    i think you need to capture all of them just to be sure.
    seeing them might count i think.

  25. #8825
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    For me it depends on what kind of eggs you're hatching. If you hatch eggs with low egg cycles, sticking to Route 7 is probably better since they'll start hatching before you can fill your team with eggs anyway. If you're hatching things like Dratini, on the other hand, it might be more useful to collect 5 eggs then proceed to Prism Tower.
    Im hatching a froakie and thanks
    Edit: I checked on serebii and its base egg steps is 5,120. Is that a low or high egg cycle?
    Last edited by Arceus500; 21st December 2013 at 4:13 PM.
    Y FC:3668-8068-3650
    IGN:Ash
    Flying safari

    Pokemon: spearow,tropius and swanna

    Looking for: Wartortle, Shelgon, Sliggoo(Top Priority), Gyarados, Breloom,Dragonair
    Not adding anybody without these pokemon, unless it is a person that does not know their pokemon, then, I would be happy to help. Also will add safaris with pokemon not from the Kalos Pokedex(all three)

        Spoiler:- Dont look at the spoiler!!!:

    3DS name: Moeez

    Note: I am unable to do buisness from Monday to Friday 8:00. From Friday 8:00 to sunday 8:00, I am available. You can pm anytime.

Page 353 of 555 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •