Page 391 of 536 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,775 of 13391

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Asmoday View Post
    Question about medals:

I heard that you unlock stuff when you collect medals and unlock more things when you get certain medals.

Is this true?

and if so, what can you unlock?
    still unanswered ;p

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTheater View Post
    Is it possible for Americans to download from the Japanese eShop?
    Not unless you have a Japanese 3DS.

Just asking because loltendo added PokeBank to the JP eShop (of course they get it first... AGAIN) but of course ignored the rest of the world... again.
    Stop.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Stop what? Pointing out that two times in a row only one/two countries have access to it despite the game being an "international" release?
    Ignoring the fact that it took so long for it to even launch this second time.

I'm not sure about anyone here but I don't feel safe paying any money for Pokemon Bank after the first month with how blowful they've handled everything thus far.
    And after the load from that one area forced them to take it offline the first time, do you really think they'd immediately launch it everywhere the second time? Have patience, it will come out eventually.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Stop what? Pointing out that two times in a row only one/two countries have access to it despite the game being an "international" release?
    No one ever said Bank would be an "international release". It was announced as a staggered release of a few days to begin with.

Ignoring the fact that it took so long for it to even launch this second time.
    Which itself is ignoring the fact that it's time necessary to ensure that we DON'T get additional extended downtime in the future, and I think you'd agree it's better for that downtime to come now, before the vast, vast majority of users have begun using the service, than for it to come in the future, when the act of using Bank/Transporter is ingrained into our gameplay.

From reading the comments of people of the same mind as you, it seems many of you would be okay with the service going down again instantly as long as it meant you could download the app this instant.

-----
    Words to|live by

It's called learn how to program and don't use server from 1993 if you want a launch to be smooth
    It's called not everything, ever goes completely perfectly and we don't collectively make the wait go any faster by complaining like this.

Japan has had the unfair advantage of being able to transfer Pokemon for almost a month at this point.
    Not Japan. A relative select few in Japan.

Same goes with the snobs who have a Japanese 3DS and are passing off their k00l 1337 hacked Pokemon as "valuable" just because it came from PokeBank and they have it, so they can pass it off as whatever.
    And this is people being dumb, for which there is sadly no patch and no server fix.

It should've been a launch in all the countries that DIDN'T have it the first time.
    No, that wouldn't be very smart. If you're relaunching a product delayed by massive server load, are you going to release it in two or three countries to start again, or literally the entire rest of the world?

It took them almost a month to bring it back. Why?
    To ensure this doesn't happen again.

A company with THAT much funding couldn't afford modern servers or intelligent programmers?
    That we're required to have a little patience as they work to ensure this doesn't happen again has no bearing on the trained professionals trying to do their jobs and as a talking point this is nothing short of overly pedantic.

-----
    Words to|live by

Just asking because loltendo added PokeBank to the JP eShop (of course they get it first... AGAIN) but of course ignored the rest of the world... again.
    I agree, just stop. It's a Japanese franchise to begin with, if they want to show some love to their home country let them. They're not forgetting the US or any other big market, they are just going to continue on with the intial plan of release: the stagger. I am just happy at the news of Pokémon Bank being out in Japan because that means it's so close to coming out in the US!

Similarly, praise or devil's advocacy don't help anything either.
    Objectivity and reality aren't "devil's advocacy".

acting like you lack the funds to fix the situation however, also doesn't help.
    No one has ever said this.

If you hammered the eShop enough you had it. It was not as selective as you make it sound.
    The app itself was taken down before the first day was even up. It was plenty selective. If you didn't manage to fight through the sludge and have the app downloaded by the end of that short time, the service wasn't yours to use.

It wouldn't take this long to DDoS your own servers to "stress test" it then buy new servers and fix any possible programming flaws.
    The notion that any of us here have had experience working with servers expected to handle a load like this is ridiculous. It's amazing how everyone to come through here is somehow an IT master who would have had this up and running again two minutes later with nothing but bubble gum, spit and chicken wire.

lol trained professionals doing their jobs?

LOL
    Yes, the notion that one of the industry's top companies doesn't employ trained professionals doing their respective jobs - and particularly this notion on the sole basis that OH NO we're waiting on a delayed video game app! - is the very definition of pedantic.

-----
    Words to|live by

It's called learn how to program and don't use server from 1993 if you want a launch to be smooth

Japan has had the unfair advantage of being able to transfer Pokemon for almost a month at this point.

Same goes with the snobs who have a Japanese 3DS and are passing off their k00l 1337 hacked Pokemon as "valuable" just because they have a Japanese 3DS and are demanding outrageous things for obviously hacked things.

It should've been a launch in all the countries that DIDN'T have it the first time. It shouldn't have launched in the same country twice.
    It took them almost a month to bring it back. Why? A company with THAT much funding couldn't afford modern servers or intelligent programmers?
    However the only people who could transfer Pokémon must have downloaded the client side app, in a roughly 24 hour window, could have used it in the last month.

The one thing you don't want to do is cause your service to crash. Nintendo are going for a staggered release to help prevent a repeat of Xmas day.

I will make this clear: Pokébank Is NOT an app. It is a Service!
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 22nd January 2014 at 4:05 AM. Reason: refinements.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    I will make this clear: Pokébank Is NOT an app. It is a Service!
    It technically is an app though and many apps provide services.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Gengar View Post
    Hey, I need a bit of help catching Moltres.

As some of you know, the legendary birds like to scatter throughout the map quickly and it has been a pain trying to get him 10 times. Could someone please tell me an easy way of catching him? Thanks!
    not only 10 times and this is also something i ask, anyway I'll try to answer it for you.

you need to let him flee from you 12 times in any cities or towns in kalos, then after the 12th time it flee from you, that is the time you will interact it at the sea spirit's den

but if that happens i advise you to save the game before you went inside the cave because when you get inside the middle of the cave it's battle time.

there is no easy way of catching him, patience is the key

i caught the bird on my 8th ball first try, although mine was zapdos.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    not only 10 times and this is also something i ask, anyway I'll try to answer it for you.

you need to let him flee from you 12 times in any cities or towns in kalos, then after the 12th time it flee from you, that is the time you will interact it at the sea spirit's den

but if that happens i advise you to save the game before you went inside the cave because when you get inside the middle of the cave it's battle time.

I caught Articuno and Mewtwo easy by having a high level Marowak that knew False Swipe and a Vileploom that knew Sleep Powder. Took them to 1hp then put them to sleep, caught both before they could break 5 Ultra Balls a piece.
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

Alright, thanks! I've had a bit of luck than yesterday so I should catch moltres in no time.
    Friend code: 2251-4133-5791

Friend Safari: Bug type (Butterfree, Masquerain, Pinsir)

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post

okay thanks. Yea mewtwo was kinda tough for me but luckily I caught him. I would really want a Lugia :/. But, i don't have pokemon black or white T-T. Oh well, bad luck for me. Thanks again for helping me :3
    Friend code: 2251-4133-5791

Friend Safari: Bug type (Butterfree, Masquerain, Pinsir)

Is there anyway to get the japanese Pokébank in english language? I am having a hard time maneuvering. Or perhaps if someone has a tutorial on how to use it? Much appreciated!
    Nintendo 3DS friend-code for Pokémon Y: 4570-7229-7578
    Nintendo 3DS friend-code for Pokémon X: 0104-0371-0173

The 3DS with Pokémon Y is my main game! Please add both, but if you'd prefer to only add one, please add Pokémon Y.

My Pokémon Y FS is Poison with Garbodor, Drapion and Kakuna.
    My Pokémon X FS is Psychic with Munna, Wobbuffet and Duosion.

unsure of where to put this but, i restarted a second copy of pokemon x and now my main copys pss is showing that there are no friends. anyone know how to fix the problem? i have connected to wifi multiple times and reset both the game and 3DS and nothing changes
    3ds FC 1676-4461-1456
    psychic - munna gothorita wobbufet

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Is there anyway to get the japanese Pokébank in english language? I am having a hard time maneuvering. Or perhaps if someone has a tutorial on how to use it? Much appreciated!
    No there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by HelzAssassin View Post
    unsure of where to put this but, i restarted a second copy of pokemon x and now my main copys pss is showing that there are no friends. anyone know how to fix the problem? i have connected to wifi multiple times and reset both the game and 3DS and nothing changes
    The games pull from the 3DS' friends list. Restarting your games has no affect on your friends.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quick question about breeding down pokeballs to anyone who has used bank or traded with someone who has.

If a female pokemon in a Johto exclusive pokeball breeds, would the pokeball be passed down?

And in fact. Do the johto balls even show up? Or just turn into regular ones like in Diamond/Pearl.

My shinys

Quote Originally Posted by tyranitar.armaldo View Post
    Quick question about breeding down pokeballs to anyone who has used bank or traded with someone who has.

If a female pokemon in a Johto exclusive pokeball breeds, would the pokeball be passed down?

And in fact. Do the johto balls even show up? Or just turn into regular ones like in Diamond/Pearl.
    Yes, the Johto Pokéballs do show up; and they are confirmed to pass down.

Blessed with Farore's courage, the Spirit of the Hero lives on.

Trinity League: Psychic Gym Leader & Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU)
    The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Merchant

The Legend of Zelda Club | Sailor Moon Club | The Mystics Club
    Badge Progress | Banner Credit | Xat Avatar Credit | Rawr~ <3

Quote Originally Posted by tyranitar.armaldo View Post

I can confirm the apricorn balls, because I received a Suicune in Love Ball from a trade. The battle animation still looks like a normal pokeball I'm 90% sure, however it was hard to distinguish (since Love Ball has similiar colors).
    And there is no additional animation like in case of Master Ball or Cherish Ball. (at least from the Love Ball).

I cannot say they are passed down for sure but I suppose they are Ninja'd.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 22nd January 2014 at 6:45 PM.

Thank you. Been trying to find out for ages.

And I dont mind theres no extra animation. Never has been for them.

My shinys

Hello everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask but here goes: I got an extra Yveltal through the GTS and decited to deposit it and ask for Lugia.
    Someone traded and I got a timid level 70 Lugia with Pressure, caught in a masterball. It has the moves swift, rain dance, recover and hydro pump. That all checks out afaik.
    But the strange thing is, it has 6 perfect IV's.

I find that highly suspicious. Why would someone give up a 6 IV legend? So what are the chances this pokemon is hacked? I don't think there's any way to find out for sure, but could someone shed some light on this? Also, if it is hacked, will it have any impact on using it in online battles, considering it has no illegal moves or abilities?

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Edit: maybe important: it says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Kanto region.
    Characteristic: capable of taking hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Paralititan View Post
    Hello everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask but here goes: I got an extra Yveltal through the GTS and decited to deposit it and ask for Lugia.
    Someone traded and I got a timid level 70 Lugia with Pressure, caught in a masterball. It has the moves swift, rain dance, recover and hydro pump. That all checks out afaik.
    But the strange thing is, it has 6 perfect IV's.

I find that highly suspicious. Why would someone give up a 6 IV legend? So what are the chances this pokemon is hacked? I don't think there's any way to find out for sure, but could someone shed some light on this? Also, if it is hacked, will it have any impact on using it in online battles, considering it has no illegal moves or abilities?

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Edit: maybe important: it says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Kanto region.
    Characteristic: capable of taking hits.
    Clicking here will take you to the correct thread for these things.
    Anyway, the information you provided is legitimate (it looks like this is the Lugia from FRLG's Navel Rock)... but with 6 IVs, that likely screams possibilities of being either RNG abused, cloned, or hacked. The odds of getting that IV spread on legendary pokemon (pre-Gen VI) are extremely slim. x:

Blessed with Farore's courage, the Spirit of the Hero lives on.

Trinity League: Psychic Gym Leader & Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU)
    The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Merchant

The Legend of Zelda Club | Sailor Moon Club | The Mystics Club
    Badge Progress | Banner Credit | Xat Avatar Credit | Rawr~ <3

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLanayru View Post
    Clicking here will take you to the correct thread for these things.
    Anyway, the information you provided is legitimate (it looks like this is the Lugia from FRLG's Navel Rock)... but with 6 IVs, that likely screams possibilities of being either RNG abused, cloned, or hacked. The odds of getting that IV spread on legendary pokemon (pre-Gen VI) are extremely slim. x:
    Thank you for the link! I hadn't checked in the gen. 5 forum.

From reading up a bit on RNG it seems most likely some used that to get a perfect IV Lugia and then cloned it, to trade it's duplicates away.

Thank you for your quick reply!

For normal gameplay, what would be better-a physical pokemon or a special one?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    For normal gameplay, what would be better-a physical pokemon or a special one?
    For normal gameplay, you can beat the game with either one, but it's best to have at least one of each.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Page 391 of 536 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast