Page 397 of 552 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 13789

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

Oh thanks, I'm so stupid. I call it DW (Dream World) ability in my language
    3DS Friend Code (Pokémon Y) : 2535-4867-9576
    Grass Friend Safari : Quilladin - Pansage - Petilil
        Spoiler:- Need a 5 or 6 perfect IVs foreign Pokémon with a good nature in X/Y ?:

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan21 View Post
    Oh thanks, I'm so stupid. I call it DW (Dream World) ability in my language
    It actually used to be called that pretty much worldwide until XY came out with the Friend Safari and Horde Battles, and the Dream World was closed. At that point, Hidden Abilities were no longer DW-exclusive, and people adopted "HA" instead.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Ok, thanks That's true in French too but I fogot it.
    3DS Friend Code (Pokémon Y) : 2535-4867-9576
    Grass Friend Safari : Quilladin - Pansage - Petilil
        Spoiler:- Need a 5 or 6 perfect IVs foreign Pokémon with a good nature in X/Y ?:

This is probably common knowledge by now, but I haven't really been keeping track of a lot of things with these games since Pokemon Bank isn't out yet.

So, I know that if you encounter someone on your Friend List online at least once, the Hidden Abilities of the Pokemon from that person's Safari become available. Now, I haven't beaten the games yet. If someone removes you from their Friend List after you encounter them online at least once, but you don't have Friend Safari unlocked at the time, does this still apply? If so, does this extend to the third one as well?
    Shinies: (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dream World Females:     Spoiler:- Click:

Quote Originally Posted by ZombifiedHorror1031 View Post
    This is probably common knowledge by now, but I haven't really been keeping track of a lot of things with these games since Pokemon Bank isn't out yet.

So, I know that if you encounter someone on your Friend List online at least once, the Hidden Abilities of the Pokemon from that person's Safari become available. Now, I haven't beaten the games yet. If someone removes you from their Friend List after you encounter them online at least once, but you don't have Friend Safari unlocked at the time, does this still apply? If so, does this extend to the third one as well?
    You can't find Hidden Abilities until your friend has beaten the Elite Four, and you've seen them online after this. Once you can find their third Pokemon you'll also be able to find Hidden Abilities. If they delete you, however, they should disappear from your friends list.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If I breed a male Scraggy with Fire Punch (passed down from Dragonite)
    to a female Charizard, is the baby Charmander gonna have Fire Punch?

I wonder because Serebii dex says it's not an egg move, but I think it should be?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    If I breed a male Scraggy with Fire Punch (passed down from Dragonite)
    to a female Charizard, is the baby Charmander gonna have Fire Punch?

I wonder because Serebii dex says it's not an egg move, but I think it should be?
    No, it won't. Charmander can only learn Fire Punch through the move tutor, and move tutor moves aren't passed down by breeding. Only the moves in the learnset and the TMs it can learn are passed down. http://www.serebii.net/games/breed.shtml

I wonder if N's Pokémon from B2&W2 have those sparkles in X&Y. Do you know anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruas View Post
    Only the moves in the learnset and the TMs it can learn are passed down. http://www.serebii.net/games/breed.shtml
    Oh really?

Then why Scrafty (ironically a Dark/Fighting type) who also learns it only by Move Tutor, does get it as Egg Move? Makes no damn sense.

So, my next question is, does somebody know how can I legitimately obtain a Charizard with Fire Punch, Crunch and Dragon Dance? Because Pokemon Showdown's teambuilder says it is possible.

I'm sorry if I sound rude, but this is a bit frustrating.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 28th January 2014 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    I wonder if N's Pokémon from B2&W2 have those sparkles in X&Y. Do you know anything about it?
    The sparkles would just disappear. All the other details would remain the same. I haven't tried it myself, but read it elsewhere in another board.
    Then why Scrafty (ironically a Dark/Fighting type) who also learns it only by Move Tutor, does get it as Egg Move? Makes no damn sense.
    Egg moves are a different category of moves & they can only be obtained by breeding. For Scrafty, the move FirePunch is listed under the move tutor moves and under his egg moves. So, Scrafty can learn it either via breeding or through tutors. For Charmander though, Fire Punch is only listed under the tutor moves. So, it can't be bred on to him. I hope I made sense.
    So, my next question is, does somebody know how can I legitimately obtain a Charizard with Fire Punch, Crunch and Dragon Dance? Because Pokemon Showdown's teambuilder says it is possible.
    I guess you'll have to get this Charizard assembled in BW/B2W2 and then transfer it across.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruas View Post
    I guess you'll have to get this Charizard assembled in BW/B2W2 and then transfer it across.
    But then it would be hacked right? So there is no legitimate way?

But then it would be hacked right? So there is no legitimate way?
    You can get Crunch and Dragon Dance as Egg Moves, then Move Tutor it Fire Punch.
    From there, you'll need someone to transfer it over to Gen VI, and send it back to you.
    Many thanks to Astral Shadow for the (rather old) shifting userbar and Garnet who I assume created the guild userbar.

Are you interested in PASBL? I'd recommend the Getting Started thread.
    Still have questions? Drop by the Trainer and Referee Q&A!

Quote Originally Posted by Rider Of Aeons View Post
    You can get Crunch and Dragon Dance as Egg Moves, then Move Tutor it Fire Punch.
    From there, you'll need someone to transfer it over to Gen VI, and send it back to you.
    Oh, I thought Dragon Dance and Crunch can't be passed from one pokemon. Thanks then.

Oh, I thought Dragon Dance and Crunch can't be passed from one pokemon. Thanks then.
    You need to chain breed both Dragon Dance and Crunch onto it. The quickest way would probably be to teach a male Horsea Dragon Dance (Level 38) and then breed it with a female Totodile and then level a male offspring up to Level 27 so it learns Crunch and then breed with a female Charizard and the resulting Charmanders should have both Dragon Dance and Crunch. You can also do Axew -> Larvitar -> Charizard, but it will require more levelling to get the moves.

EDIT: Bagon should also work ( Dragon Dance -> Bagon -> Charizard), but again more levelling than Totodile. You have quite a few combinations that should work, actually.
    Last edited by bolter1; 28th January 2014 at 3:18 PM.

There is no way to fully check to see if a poke is hacked right? I was thinking about trying to get some of the starters on the GTS and was just making sure i was right.
    " Im not crazy, my mom had me tested."

If you have already traded for the Pokemon, you can have it in your party or battle box. Then go online and use Battle Spot. Try and do a rated battle with it. If it gets to the screen "Searching for an opponent...", it is not hacked.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

Quote Originally Posted by knocksfourtimes View Post
    There is no way to fully check to see if a poke is hacked right? I was thinking about trying to get some of the starters on the GTS and was just making sure i was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    If you have already traded for the Pokemon, you can have it in your party or battle box. Then go online and use Battle Spot. Try and do a rated battle with it. If it gets to the screen "Searching for an opponent...", it is not hacked.
    There's no way to tell for sure whether a Pokemon is hacked or not, you can only tell if it's legal. Some Pokemon are hacked well.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

^Nevertheless, many people are lazy and if Gamefreak would really put extensive hack checks it definitely would prevent at least some cases of hacking.

From what I experienced, I can say that sometimes it is not always easy to create a full flawless 6x 31 Shiny pokemon even using cheating devices, especially if you want to cater it too all different details, such as having an english name for example

Would tyranitar be a good in game poke? I miss raising one (One was my first hundred-several years ago, having raised one since in his honor), was wondering if anyone had given it a try.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Would tyranitar be a good in game poke? I miss raising one (One was my first hundred-several years ago, having raised one since in his honor), was wondering if anyone had given it a try.
    Yes it is. It can learn a variety of moves through level up and a fair amount of TMs as well. It has a really nice Attack stat as well.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

Tyranitar is certainly one of the game's most powerful and versatile offensive threats, though certainly not without some glaring and fairly commonly-encountered weaknesses. If you look at its base stats, typing and movepool and decide it fits your lineup, go for it.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    Yes it is. It can learn a variety of moves through level up and a fair amount of TMs as well. It has a really nice Attack stat as well.
    Yay! Thanks. I'm trying to get a pupitar off the gts. I'm especially happy since they haven't had a decent look for him for awhile.

^I've noticed he gets a good spread. Granted his sp atk ain't bad, but I was glad when they made the split so I could teach my Infinite some punch moves when I brought him over from leaf green.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

Need some help deciding on which milotic I should use. I recently received a non hacked 6iv bred shiny milotic for my latios, but it has a modest nature. My question is would this milotic be better competitively than my bold 6iv milotic or is the defense boost too good to pass up since milotic is a bulky wall with great stalling capabilities. I love shiny pokemon but I don't know if this one is worth using over my non shiny one.

Thanks for the input. Since I want milotic to be as bulky as possible I decided to go for the non shiny bold one since it seems from milotic's base stats that it needs as much defense as it can get.

I had an unusual experience on the Wonder Trade today.

Is there a thread on the forums that deals exclusively with the Wonder Trade?

JEREMY
    2DS Friend Code: 0834 2371 7806

Page 397 of 552 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast