Page 403 of 542 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 13550

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

RNG os basically calculated cheating?
    PowerSave Dates: http://na.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades...ckedevents#btn

Can offer cloning service, PM for details

Can Cherish Balls be passed down? I have a lot of Pokemon with Cherish Balls on my want list but that's under the assumption that they are. I didn't start questioning this until I read that Master Balls aren't passed down. Same question with Safari and Dream Balls.
    IGN: Bruce
    2DS: 4914-4252-4844 "Harty"
    Safari: Delibird, Bergmite & Cloyster.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdelta View Post
    Either they transfer it from gen 5 or were actually lucky with breeding. There is no use in being concerned about this imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
    Can Cherish Balls be passed down? I have a lot of Pokemon with Cherish Balls on my want list but that's under the assumption that they are. I didn't start questioning this until I read that Master Balls aren't passed down. Same question with Safari and Dream Balls.
    According to Bulbapedia, Cherish Ball cannot be passed down.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdelta View Post
    No, it's just using the mechanics of the game to your benefit. Cheating requires some form of external modification.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I need to know what are the shiny ratios for the masuda method and friend safari, or at least the closest estimate

Masuda method's rates have not changed, it's still 1/1365.

Quote Originally Posted by DDDchu View Post
    I need to know what are the shiny ratios for the masuda method and friend safari, or at least the closest estimate
    To answer the other half of your question; the shiny encounter rate for Friend Safaris is identical to everywhere else, 1/4096.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    To answer the other half of your question; the shiny encounter rate for Friend Safaris is identical to everywhere else, 1/4096.
    Where is it confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm a bit skeptical that Friend Safari has the same shiny encounter rate. I know from personal experience, three shinies have come from the Friend Safari as opposed to none from any other standard encounters, which is a bit of an odd coincidence barring an extreme stroke of luck.

But then again, correlation and whatnot. I've not looked at the code so I can't say for sure or anything.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I'm a bit skeptical that Friend Safari has the same shiny encounter rate. I know from personal experience, three shinies have come from the Friend Safari as opposed to none from any other standard encounters, which is a bit of an odd coincidence barring an extreme stroke of luck.

But then again, correlation and whatnot. I've not looked at the code so I can't say for sure or anything.
    It is admittedly hard to confirm anything when most people are looking for shinies in the FS to begin with. I personally have yet to find any shiny in the Safari in contrast to accidental shinies during EV training and IV breeding. But I'm just one person.

Also, in regards to MM, we don't know for sure if shiny charm affects it. The English description suggest that it doesn't, but the Japanese description appears to be unchanged from B2/W2, where it did affect MM. I know there's a bit of research going on for that now, though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post

There are several things to consider with friend safaris
    1. The number of people hunting in them for IV's and Shinies gives more positive reports or the perception of a higher chance of shinies.
    2. You only encounter at most 3 pokemon increasing the number of encounter with each kind of pokemon and therefore increasing the chance of a shiny, much the same as with radar.

But if a statistical analysis was done on a large enough sample it would probably show the same rate per random encounter.
    LLR

P.S.
    Blue Shellos available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a lot of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    1. The number of people hunting in them for IV's and Shinies gives more positive reports or the perception of a higher chance of shinies.
    I made no reference to other people; I simply reference my own numbers Furthermore, I've not actually used the Friend Safari all that much, and the numbers would be lower than the number of Pokemon encountered throughout the main playthrough of the game, plus Horde battles for EV training post-game. Hence I made specific mention of the fact that it may be coincidence on my end, and it may simply be correlation, given the fewer number of encounters but larger number of shinies encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    2. You only encounter at most 3 pokemon increasing the number of encounter with each kind of pokemon and therefore increasing the chance of a shiny, much the same as with radar.
    Apples and oranges. Radar uses chaining, friend safari does not. Entirely different mechanics.

I've no doubt that there may be no mechanical difference and it may simply be correlation, but if you're going to reference things that are unrelated, that's not really making a compelling case. No one's really done a largescale analysis of it though, so that's one point that you're correct on.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by DDDchu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Masuda method's rates have not changed, it's still 1/1365.
    Actually, there is no concrete evidence that any of the shiny rates are the same, especially with the fact that there are only 4000ish shiny values instead of 8000+ now. They are researching on Smogon right now, and currently, without Shiny Charm, the rate for shinies based on 10604 hatches is 1:964 with the Masuda Method. Also, so far the rate with Shiny Charm appears to be 1:6xx (dont have the spread sheet up in front of me).
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    The manual must have been updated since I last looked at it. At one point it said both players would get a loss for it. Perhaps one of the maintenance updates made it so they could figure out who disconnected.
    so the answer is the one who disconnects is the one that is given the loss?

National Pokedex 718/718 Shiny Charm Obtained! | Shiny Starter Hunt Completed! 6/6 ~

Need someone to EV Train my Pokemon
    Need CLONED Pokeball & Fancy Vivillons

Spoiler:- Wanna Trade?:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohei View Post
    so the answer is the one who disconnects is the one that is given the loss?
    That's correct.

I have a question. I have recently received a movie14 victini in x and y without a special ribbon and would like to know if it is supposed to have a ribbon. Serebii's database says yes but bulbapedia says no. Which of these pieces of information is true?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTheater View Post
    I thought they were halved to like 1/670 or something in Gen 6?
    I don't think anything has been confirmed for the Masuda Method chance in X/Y, so a lot of people are just assuming it's the same as B/W.

Quote Originally Posted by GrassBlade View Post
    I have a question. I have recently received a movie14 victini in x and y without a special ribbon and would like to know if it is supposed to have a ribbon. Serebii's database says yes but bulbapedia says no. Which of these pieces of information is true?
    A legit movie 14 Victini should have a Wishing Ribbon. Note that the Liberty Garden Victini is a separate Victini that doesn't have any ribbons, as the player catches it themself.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Thank you and I would like to ask someone to inform a serebii user by the name of Nenharm of this information regarding victim's ribbon. He is saying that the victini he traded me (the movie14 as indicated by the ot name) is not supposed to have a ribbon. He has not replied to me when I told him this both in game and private messaging so I do not think he wishes to have anything to do with me and asks for me to trade his hacked victini back. I'm looking to solve this in a civil manner considering it seems he did not know this even though he said the victini had a special ribbon on it. Note that he has given me back the pokemon I traded for it but since I traded the victini I had only just got it back and am looking to give back the victini if he still wants it. Btw sorry if I am in the wrong thread for this. I just want this resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by GrassBlade View Post
    Thank you and I would like to ask someone to inform a serebii user by the name of Nenharm of this information regarding victim's ribbon. He is saying that the victini he traded me (the movie14 as indicated by the ot name) is not supposed to have a ribbon. He has not replied to me when I told him this both in game and private messaging so I do not think he wishes to have anything to do with me and asks for me to trade his hacked victini back. I'm looking to solve this in a civil manner considering it seems he did not know this even though he said the victini had a special ribbon on it. Note that he has given me back the pokemon I traded for it but since I traded the victini I had only just got it back and am looking to give back the victini if he still wants it. Btw sorry if I am in the wrong thread for this. I just want this resolved.
    You need to go to the 6th Gen Trade Forum Blacklist. There are mods there who will help you to the best of their ability.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Can anyone list the different colours of the trainer card and the accomplishments needed to get them? I know serebii has a page on it, but it appears to be wrong. Apparently the card goes green, blue, sliver and finally gold. I have completed two of the goals to my knowledge, which are beat the elite four and get a 50 streak in the Battle Maison, which means I should have a silver card. However my trainer card is black, a colour that isn't even listed.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    Can anyone list the different colours of the trainer card and the accomplishments needed to get them? I know serebii has a page on it, but it appears to be wrong. Apparently the card goes green, blue, sliver and finally gold. I have completed two of the goals to my knowledge, which are beat the elite four and get a 50 streak in the Battle Maison, which means I should have a silver card. However my trainer card is black, a colour that isn't even listed.
    Wait, your trainer card is Black? Weird, I've beaten the Elite 4, gotten the 50 streak in all 5 battles styles in the Maison, completed the National Dex (only Kalos Dex gets you a change), and I only have Gold. As far as I'm concerned, the the page on Serebii does have the correct progression of color, but what else could you have done for Black? Something with Pokemon-amie, or Battle Institute?
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    Checked over at other sites & found the same four colours. Did you perhaps mistake your Silver card for a Black one? Here's a pic of what the Silver Trainer Card looks like. [IMG]http://i58.*******.com/ae15ck.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ruas View Post
    Checked over at other sites & found the same four colours. Did you perhaps mistake your Silver card for a Black one? Here's a pic of what the Silver Trainer Card looks like. [IMG]http://i58.*******.com/ae15ck.jpg[/IMG]
    Ah I did too xD. Feel kinda dumb, but personally I think it looks more black than silver. Anyways thanks for the help.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

which pokemon do you prefer to use for 5IV breeding in each egg group?
    Almost done with my pokedex. Only missing two moon stone-evolutions, Clefable and Musharna.

I am also looking for someone to tradeback a Dialga and Palkia, Thornadus/Thundurus & Landorus

Please let me know if you can help me.

Friendsafari: Slugma, Pansear, Braxien
    FC: 0834-1823-9377
    Feel free to add my FC and leave yours

Page 403 of 542 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast