Page 423 of 555 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast
Results 10,551 to 10,575 of 13873

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

Question, in the past you couldn't use two power items (one on each parent) to pass the desired iv from each parent.

Has this changed in gen 6? Can I have my female hold power bracer to pass her atk iv AND have the male hold power band to pass its sp def iv?

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Question, in the past you couldn't use two power items (one on each parent) to pass the desired iv from each parent.

Has this changed in gen 6? Can I have my female hold power bracer to pass her atk iv AND have the male hold power band to pass its sp def iv?
    Nope. Power Items mechanic is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruas View Post
    Nope. Power Items mechanic is still the same.
    Thanks for the answer.

So I have a female greninja with a decent 26-30 iv in atk and a male omanyte with 31 in sp def. I can put the power band on the omanyte and say I put a power lens on the greninja. I can sr and check with the judge for the sp def 31 iv to be passed over, and also try and get the atk iv right?

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Thanks for the answer.

So I have a female greninja with a decent 26-30 iv in atk and a male omanyte with 31 in sp def. I can put the power band on the omanyte and say I put a power lens on the greninja. I can sr and check with the judge for the sp def 31 iv to be passed over, and also try and get the atk iv right?
    No, if you attach a Power Item to both parents, then only one of them is randomly passed down. So, the baby Froakie will either get Greninja's Sp.Att (due to Power Lens, Power Bracer will pass the Att stat IV) or Omanyte's Sp.Def. Then it will also inherit two other random IVs - but not of Sp.Att or Sp.Def of either of the parents. So, if the Froakie has Sp.Att, then its Sp.Def is randomly assigned 0-31. If the Froakie inherited Sp.Def, then its Sp.Att is randomly decided instead.

Always use only Power Item - to inherit the one stat that you deem important. In this case, you could give the Power Band to Omanyte to guarantee a 31 in Sp.Def. Keep hatching eggs until your Froakie inherits the Greninja's Sp.Att also. You also have a small chance that Froakie may be randomly assigned a 31 IV in Sp.Att too.

Also note that, without Everstone, natures will be completely random. It'll take some time - but the this is the general process. You have to breed & keep replacing the parents with better offspring, to in turn improve the chances of getting an even better offspring later on. Once you get parents with 3+ flawless, you can consider attaching Destiny Knot to the parent. (Or you could just put a trade request & then breed from that)

So I have a Phione, is it needed to complete the National Pokédex because Phione's Legendary status is disputed?
    My White 2 party:
    Hall of Fame (White 2):
    Shinies (White 2):
    My X party:
    Hall of Fame (X):

Cinday123

It's technically a legendary due to being the offspring of a legendary, so I guess not?
    Many thanks to Astral Shadow for the (rather old) shifting userbar and Garnet who I assume created the guild userbar.

Are you interested in PASBL? I'd recommend the Getting Started thread.
    Still have questions? Drop by the Trainer and Referee Q&A!

Quote Originally Posted by Rider Of Aeons View Post
    It's technically a legendary due to being the offspring of a legendary, so I guess not?
    According to some Pokémon sources, Phione's Legendary status is disputed.
    My White 2 party:
    Hall of Fame (White 2):
    Shinies (White 2):
    My X party:
    Hall of Fame (X):

Cinday123

Well, if you don't have Manaphy, you cannot get Phione, so I assume you do not require it to complete the National Dex.
    Many thanks to Astral Shadow for the (rather old) shifting userbar and Garnet who I assume created the guild userbar.

Well, if you don't have Manaphy, you cannot get Phione, so I assume you do not require it to complete the National Dex.
    And you can now get Phione by trading it or with Wonder Trade so this is required to earn a medal for completing the National Pokédex.
    My White 2 party:
    Hall of Fame (White 2):
    Shinies (White 2):
    My X party:
    Hall of Fame (X):

Cinday123

No, I am aware of that fact. It's just that if no one had access to Manaphy, who I believe is only obtainable through the Ranger series, you would be unable to access Phione. SO to compensate for that, the developers made Phione unnecessary for completing the National Dex.

Your original question was " is it needed to complete the National Pokédex ", which I am saying no because of the requirement that you get Manaphy or have access to someone who does. Wonder Traded Phiones would not be possible if no one had a Manaphy, right?

EDIT: So that I don't get booked for dragging this discussion out, do check your VMs Cinday.
    Last edited by KamenAeons; 18th February 2014 at 12:13 PM.

No, I am aware of that fact. It's just that if no one had access to Manaphy, who I believe is only obtainable through the Ranger series, you would be unable to access Phione. SO to compensate for that, the developers made Phione unnecessary for completing the National Dex.

Your original question was " is it needed to complete the National Pokédex ", which I am saying no because of the requirement that you get Manaphy or have access to someone who does. Wonder Traded Phiones would not be possible if no one had a Manaphy, right?
    It is possible to Wonder Trade or trade for Phione, all you have to do is to go to GTS, then choose the Pokémon you want, then you type the name of any Pokémon that was not discovered yet and then you can have Phione. Also, it's impossible to trade event Pokémon and there is a medal for completing the National Pokédex which excludes event Pokémon except for Phione, so you don't need a Manaphy, so you just trade or Wonder Trade it.
    My White 2 party:
    Hall of Fame (White 2):
    Shinies (White 2):
    My X party:
    Hall of Fame (X):

Cinday123

Guys, I just got a copy of Y and will be starting sometime soon, so I've got a load of questions:

I heard no one can RNG properly, but can try using a form of RNG. Is it for Eggs, is it for capturing Wild Pokémon, or is it for gift Pokémon? I dunno which.

Related to the previous can I "pseudo" RNG the gift Kanto Starter given by professor Sycamore?

I saw that there are glitches in the games, have they been patched yet?

When you download the Pokémon Bank App, does Poke Transporter come along with it or is it a separate download?

To obtain evolutionary stones, one can play Super Training mini-games with one of their Pokemon, how difficult are those mini-games?

These are my questions at the moment, I might remember more of them.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    Guys, I just got a copy of Y and will be starting sometime soon, so I've got a load of questions:

I heard no one can RNG properly, but can try using a form of RNG. Is it for Eggs, is it for capturing Wild Pokémon, or is it for gift Pokémon? I dunno which. What you are speaking of I believe was the ID for eggs. This no longer works.

Related to the previous can I "pseudo" RNG the gift Kanto Starter given by professor Sycamore? No

I saw that there are glitches in the games, have they been patched yet? Certain ones have.

When you download the Pokémon Bank App, does Poke Transporter come along with it or is it a separate download? When you open up the Poke Bank app one of the options on the menu is to Download Poke Transporter.

To obtain evolutionary stones, one can play Super Training mini-games with one of their Pokemon, how difficult are those mini-games? First you need to have the Pokemon fully EV'd to unlock them. I don't find them particularly difficult.

These are my questions at the moment, I might remember more of them.
    Replies in bold.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

Does anyone know the chances of getting a Shiny with the Masuda Method after obtaining the Shiny Charm?
    My 3DS Friend Code is 3823-8529-0790

Looking for LEGIT Shiny 6th Gen Reshiram and Zekrom. I have a HUGE amount of Events and Shinies, including Legendaries, from every Generation. Most notably, if it was available in 5th Gen, there is an extremely high chance that I have it RNGed with perfect/near perfect stats, usually Shiny. Kyurem, for example, but not Tornadus or Thundurus.

NO HACKS!

Gotta Hatch 'em All!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    Replies in bold.
    Thank you. I've got a couple more questions:

Are ALL the glitches mentioned in the 'glitches' thread fixed in the patch?

How do I transfer that patch?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by masterbreeder42 View Post
    Does anyone know the chances of getting a Shiny with the Masuda Method after obtaining the Shiny Charm?
    We know that in B2W2, MM+Shiny Charm was 1/1024. In XY, shiny chances have improved further (perhaps doubled), so it could be 1/512. So now you know the minimum & maximum chance figures.

Are ALL the glitches mentioned in the 'glitches' thread fixed in the patch?
    The Lumiose Save glitch has been fixed, as have the GTS glitches. I don't believe the Tower of Mastery glitch is fixed.

How do I transfer that patch?
    You don't. You download it off the eShop.

Scrafty can learn knock off only in bw2? can he have the move if I breed him on X/y?
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Boy View Post
    Scrafty can learn knock off only in bw2? can he have the move if I breed him on X/y?
    It's not in his level-up pool or one of his egg moves, so unfortunately, move tutor is the only way to teach him Knock Off.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    It's not in his level-up pool or one of his egg moves, so unfortunately, move tutor is the only way to teach him Knock Off.
    Well it's weird... if I transfer him I can't use him on the tournament right?
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Boy View Post
    Well it's weird... if I transfer him I can't use him on the tournament right?
    Right, for the online Beta Competition and VGC, you're only allowed to use Pokemon caught or bred in Kalos (and for VGC, only in the Kalos Dex). So Knock Off for Scrafty, as well as a number of other Pokemon, is not allowed.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Right, for the online Beta Competition and VGC, you're only allowed to use Pokemon caught or bred in Kalos (and for VGC, only in the Kalos Dex). So Knock Off for Scrafty, as well as a number of other Pokemon, is not allowed.
    Oh ok I get it now, thank you for your help ^^
    Hey everyone!

Few questions.
    1) I've registered in the Beta Competition, however no e-mail has been sent to me to confirm it.; does it mean that my registration has been rejected?
    2) The Tutor moves can be passed down to the baby in X/Y or I have to breed the Pokčmon in B/W in order for him to have such moves and then send him to X/Y?
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

hi,

i have a team of:
    Gardevoir
    Blaziken
    Shiny Metagross
    Blastoise
    Garchomp

which pokemon should i add to my team?

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    Few questions.
    1) I've registered in the Beta Competition, however no e-mail has been sent to me to confirm it.; does it mean that my registration has been rejected?
    2) The Tutor moves can be passed down to the baby in X/Y or I have to breed the Pokčmon in B/W in order for him to have such moves and then send him to X/Y?
    In the past there were not notifications sent via email.

Move Tutor moves will not be passed down to offspring unless the move is in the offsprings Egg Move list.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

Page 423 of 555 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast