Page 429 of 542 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 13538

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Just bad luck. You're still rolling a dice for your last IV, so it could take a while.
    Ok thanks! So there is no way to increase that chance .. So the 6th IV, provided I don't hit a non-31 with the destiny knot, can be anything from 0 to 31? So actually breeding 50+ eggs is quite normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownee View Post
    Ok thanks! So there is no way to increase that chance .. So the 6th IV, provided I don't hit a non-31 with the destiny knot, can be anything from 0 to 31? So actually breeding 50+ eggs is quite normal?
    That is correct. Remember that each time you receive an egg that the final stat has about a 3% chance of being perfect.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

I have a huge problem with my Skarmory in the battle Maison. It keeps going last and it has nothing to do with the speed stat. I also had forretress in my party it was able to out-speed a steelix. My forretress' speed is 50 my Skarmory's speed is 90, even after the steelix used curse several times it still moved last. I even tried giving it a quick claw it didn't work, the quick claw activates but it still goes last. This doesn't make any sense explanation please

Is your Skarmory using a move with negative priority, or is it holding an item such as a Lagging Tail?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

If I max the EVs of a pokemon in Gen V and transfer it to Gen VI, will the EVs be reset?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    If I max the EVs of a pokemon in Gen V and transfer it to Gen VI, will the EVs be reset?
    No, they won't.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

No they wont.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

No, the EVs will not be reset.
    Edit: Ninja'd.

hello does the attack feint affect kings shield and mat block ?
    Beauty is Everything
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...eeding-grounds Come to My Shop :3
    FC:0232-9103-5324 IGN:Chris
    LF: Demo code for super smash bros for 3DS (if you have a extra code PM me)

Quote Originally Posted by piemaster924000 View Post
    hello does the attack feint affect kings shield and mat block ?
    King's shield blocks damaging moves, and lowers the attack of an opponent if the move makes physical contact. Mat block blocks damaging moves but only works on the first turn the pokemon is out. In either case, yes.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

thank you
    Beauty is Everything
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...eeding-grounds Come to My Shop :3
    FC:0232-9103-5324 IGN:Chris
    LF: Demo code for super smash bros for 3DS (if you have a extra code PM me)

anyone know what region has the monsoon vivillion? going to narrow my searches to scatterbugs from that region in hopes that they get that coloration.
    3DS Friend Code: Doobius - 1607-2505-9784
    Safari: Electric - Pikachu - Dedenne - Luxio

Your signature contained too many images. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobius View Post
    anyone know what region has the monsoon vivillion? going to narrow my searches to scatterbugs from that region in hopes that they get that coloration.
    http://i.imgur.com/tROqHEg.png

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

awesome. very helpful. thank you.
    3DS Friend Code: Doobius - 1607-2505-9784
    Safari: Electric - Pikachu - Dedenne - Luxio

Your signature contained too many images. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by MattFon View Post
    I have a huge problem with my Skarmory in the battle Maison. It keeps going last and it has nothing to do with the speed stat. I also had forretress in my party it was able to out-speed a steelix. My forretress' speed is 50 my Skarmory's speed is 90, even after the steelix used curse several times it still moved last. I even tried giving it a quick claw it didn't work, the quick claw activates but it still goes last. This doesn't make any sense explanation please
    Was Trick Room in effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Is your Skarmory using a move with negative priority, or is it holding an item such as a Lagging Tail?

I said in my message that my skarmory was holding a Quick Claw. And obviously I'm not using a move with negative prioritiy. DUH.

And update I tried another skarmory with faster speed and quick claw still didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Was Trick Room in effect?
    Obviously not or I wouldn't be posting this question, seriously read the post before you reply
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 25th February 2014 at 12:54 PM.

I said in my message that my skarmory was holding a Quick Claw. And obviously I'm not using a move with negative prioritiy. DUH.

And update I tried another skarmory with faster speed and quick claw still didn't work
    Obviously not or I wouldn't be posting this question, seriously read the post before you reply
    No need to be rude, we're trying to help. From what I can tell from your first post, Trick Room does seem to be the most likely culprit. Steelix using Curse multiple times, but still being faster than Skarmory? Seems to be in line with Trick Room's effect. BUT, if you tried with a different Skarmory and the same thing happened, that decreases the likelihood of Trick Room since I'm sure you would've noticed it being set up twice. More information be nice. What moves were you using, just to be sure? What were the other Pokemon and can you remember the order in which they all went?

People will be a lot more likely to help you if you wouldn't be so rude.

There are several things that could be going on here - first, your opponents' Pokemon in the Battle Maison can be Scarfed, AND I'm pretty sure they can be EV trained AND have good natures (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong). Second, Skarmory's Speed isn't very good in the first place, especially if you haven't EV trained it (which it seems that you haven't). If your Skarmory has a Speed-decreasing nature and/or you haven't EV-trained it, an EV-trained Steelix with a Scarf could outspeed you. Also, a move such as Tailwind could have been in effect. It's really difficult to determine what actually is happening when we don't know your Pokemon's nature and how it's trained, as well as not knowing the numbers behind Steelix or what happened in the battle.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Another possibility of Skarmory being outspeed : it got Skill Swapped and gained the ability Stall, though he should have noticed it considering it now displays the ability's name....

and if it happened twice with different Skarmory (which also means different battle), then it's possible that the problem isn't just one thing, but it's actually two different cases.
    For example, in the first one, MattFon didn't notice when Trick Room is activated or when it disappeared. But in the second Skarmory's case, he didn't notice when his Skarmory got Tricked and receive Iron Ball. Sometimes people didn't pay full attention to their own battles.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    From what I understand from what Shine said, Game Freak/Nintendo apparently consider shiny Jirachi to be a hack because it's essentially impossible (like one in millions or something) to get one by random chance, so shiny Jirachi will not pass Pokebank.
    Yeah, it is basically almost impossible to receive a shiny one (you're not just aiming to get a shiny using the standard 1/8192 chance, but also, you're aiming for 1 of only 9 possible combination of IV and Nature for the shiny one, so the chance is actually even lower.)

The Gen 3 game you're using to receive the Jirachi also matters, I think it's related to SID/PID.

So it is incredibly hard to get one, to the point where it is much easier to just hack one.

GF just stay true to that, they don't accept that people have found a way to obtain legitimate Shiny Jirachi. That's why Shiny Jirachi can't pass Bank's check. In fact you can't even upload it on Gen V GTS.

.....yet for whatever reason Shiny Manaphy passed Gen V GTS and Bank's check anyway, even though the only way to get one is by trading the egg to someone else.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

What's the bets way to have a Regigigas outspeed a Smeargle? I want Smeargle to sketch "Crush Grip" but it goes first and fails thanks to Regi's "Slow Start". :/
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    What's the bets way to have a Regigigas outspeed a Smeargle? I want Smeargle to sketch "Crush Grip" but it goes first and fails thanks to Regi's "Slow Start". :/
    Simply give Smeargle a Item that reduces Speed.

Lagging Tail and Iron Ball comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    People will be a lot more likely to help you if you wouldn't be so rude.

There are several things that could be going on here - first, your opponents' Pokemon in the Battle Maison can be Scarfed, AND I'm pretty sure they can be EV trained AND have good natures (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong).
    You are correct. In past generations with battle tower, subway etc. All pokemon were EV trained. And I think I remember reading somewhere that their IV's were maxed as well.
    3DS FC: 1075-1774-2728 IGN: Daniel
    Friend Safari:
    National Pokédex Completed: 2/19/2014

What about using an item on it? Like X Attack, or X Defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Rylis7 View Post
    What about using an item on it? Like X Attack, or X Defense?
    I'm not sure what your question is here... for X Attack and X Defense, they raise their respective stats by one stage (+50% of original stat). This is the same as your standard boosts from moves like Dragon Dance. You can accumulate up to 6 "stages" of boosts for each stat (commonly called "+6", which means +300% of the original stat). These boosts are temporary and will no longer be in effect after the battle has ended, or when the Pokemon switches out. Stat changes can also be eliminated by moves like Haze.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Because of the changes made to the PGL from Gen V to VI, do I need to create another account on it?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Page 429 of 542 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast