Page 476 of 555 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526 ... LastLast
Results 11,876 to 11,900 of 13868

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eclair~ View Post
    Ah, thank you, getting real close to that number too and still no shiny. (Yes yes, I know that number doesn't mean I WILL get one within that number lol) Thanks again.

Look, I hate to tell you this but it is an evolve glitch. Don't like it? Me neither. I once gave a Haunter or Kadabra an everstone and traded it to my friend. He was supposed to then take the stone off and trade it back to me so I could see it evolve but, you guessed it, while HOLDING that stone it evolved on him the moment I traded him the mon holding the stone that PREVENTS evolution! I have also seen time and time again others saying their mons won't evolve (Such as a near lv 100 Riolu with max friendship and lving up at the right time of the day) so, whether you want to hear this or not, there's probably nothing you can do except take the advice of what that person said OR, trade it to another game, try evolving it in that game and if it still doesn't work then, not much choice left. Also, I have seen time and time again people saying Bank or the Y/X game themselves have corrupted their own save file with 100's of hrs put into it and with shines too! If you ask me, Nintendo/GF got some serious bugs to work out here. :P
    There has to be a reason why. If it is indeed a glitch i will confirm it shortly with a new eevee. I have both x and y so i can do numerous tests to see why or if its even a glitch. And i agree with about gamefreak. You would think since they have been working on xy since before black and white they would get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude53 View Post
    You would think since they have been working on xy since before black and white they would get it right.
    This is the case with every game, X/Y's development time is no different than any of Game Freak's other games. Weird obscure glitches can always get through, since it's not like it's a problem with every Y cartridge.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Woah okay. I traded another eevee over, ev trained, leveled up to nine learning baby doll eyes, and then i played with it in amie until i reached two hearts, leveled up again and it evolved! Strange right.. well it gets more stranger. I then leveled up my previous eevee and it still will not evolve. The only difference is my first eevee fainted in battle while my second new eevee did not faint. So very odd!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    This is the case with every game, X/Y's development time is no different than any of Game Freak's other games. Weird obscure glitches can always get through, since it's not like it's a problem with every Y cartridge.
    There is no way of telling how long each generation takes because XY was started before black and white yet bw was released first. Which means not every generation has the same exact developmental time frame. It could also mean they work on numerous generations simultaneously.

You're misinterpreting the facts. X/Y were not in development in earnest at the same time as Black and White. No doubt the earliest preliminary work on X/Y was underway at some point during Black and White's development period, but that's very different.

And this is irrelevant, as a statement like "You would think since they have been working on xy since before black and white they would get it right" is not a statement that reflects the reality of the game development and what's being discussed here.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You're misinterpreting the facts. X/Y were not in development in earnest at the same time as Black and White. No doubt the earliest preliminary work on X/Y was underway at some point during Black and White's development period, but that's very different.

And this is irrelevant, as a statement like "You would think since they have been working on xy since before black and white they would get it right" is not a statement that reflects the reality of the game development and what's being discussed here.
    If they start a project even if its not programming even if its just sketching a new pokemon then its offically started. I believe a lot of pokemon were created at once and split into different generations depending on the needs at that time. Regardless I expect as a consumer that if I buy a product that its free of defective and or glitching qualities. My eevee met all the requirements for evolution yet it did not evolve. Sure this isn't a terrible problem requiring a fix or patch or anything like that. Just terribly dissappointed that evolutions are still not guranteed. You took my opinion as factual when it is just that: an opinion. There is no way of telling how long or when each generation is being developed without gamefreak directly saying as such.

Anyways I transferred my first eevee and it still won't evolve. I am going to try other methods to see if its just this eevee. It should be noted that maybe not only is two hearts and a fairy type move is required for sylveon but maybe happiness is somehow tied to this evolution. The only difference is one fainted while the other did not. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and inputs.

So I remembered what I was forgetting to ask, it's about EVs. I know one stat can have a total of 252 EVs max and that 510 EVs total for the mon is all it can have and that for every 252 EVs a mon gets, it gets 63 points added to it's stat. So what I need to know is a few things.

1. If a mon is at Lv. 100, is it true that it can gain the +63 to any chosen stat even though it can't lv. up? (Including for mons you used something like a reset bag/perilous soup on?)

2. I heard someone say there was a right and wrong way to EV train. Example of the right way, max out 1 stat with+63 points worth of EVs then do another stat and finally give +1 point worth of EVs (The remaining 6 EVs) to another stat. Wrong way to do it is to not max out the EVs for a single stat and devide them up between the mon's stats. My question is, is there REALLY a right and wrong way and if the latter is the wrong way, how come? Wouldn't a mon still gain enough points to make all it's stats even if it was able to do so this way it can be good in all stats so how come forgetting stuff like def's and just going after spd and atk is all the rage?

3. I heard EVs won't show up till a mon reaches lv. 100 so if that's true, would they be present if the mon A) wasn't at lv. 100 yet but went into an online battle and was made Lv. 50 or Lv. 100? and B) same only would the EVS still be present if the mon was already at lv. 100 but was made to lv. 50 during an online match?

I think that was all I needed to ask/know regarding EVs...

EDIT: Nope forgot one lol

4. So on serebii.net, a mon's stats are listed at the very bottom. Such as this one. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/169.shtml
    My question is, the stat at it's highest can still gain a +63 to what the chart here shows right? Example, The mon has 359 Spd with a neutral nature at lv. 100 so +63 to that =422 Spd, that is possible right or is the chart saying it can only ever have that high of spd. (359) Also, the stats shown here have a range, example Spd neutral nature is 265 - 359 at lv. 100 so my question is, is it saying if the mon has 31 IV for spd then it WILL get all the way up to 359 Spd?
    Last edited by Eclair~; 20th April 2014 at 6:40 AM.

1. If a mon is at Lv. 100, is it true that it can gain the +63 to any chosen stat even though it can't lv. up? (Including for mons you used something like a reset bag/perilous soup on?)
    Yes.

2. I heard someone say there was a right and wrong way to EV train. Example of the right way, max out 1 stat with+63 points worth of EVs then do another stat and finally give +1 point worth of EVs (The remaining 6 EVs) to another stat. Wrong way to do it is to not max out the EVs for a single stat and devide them up between the mon's stats. My question is, is there REALLY a right and wrong way and if the latter is the wrong way, how come? Wouldn't a mon still gain enough points to make all it's stats even if it was able to do so this way it can be good in all stats so how come forgetting stuff like def's and just going after spd and atk is all the rage?
    The specific spread you're using depends on what the Pokemon is and what you want it to accomplish; you should have in mind an idea of what you want your spread to accomplish and how you need to invest EVs in order to meet that goal before you start training.

That said, if your spread isn't seeking to invest just enough to outspeed a certain mon, or take a specific hit, or make a specific KO, a basic 252/252/4 spread to the most important stats is perfectly fine. Dividing EVs evenly is arbitrary and doesn't do jack for your Pokemon.

3. I heard EVs won't show up till a mon reaches lv. 100 so if that's true, would they be present if the mon A) wasn't at lv. 100 yet but went into an online battle and was made Lv. 50 or Lv. 100? and B) same only would the EVS still be present if the mon was already at lv. 100 but was made to lv. 50 during an online match?
    If a Pokemon is auto-leveled, its stats in that battle will reflect what is appropriate for its temporary level, including the effects of its EV spread.

EVs do take effect at lower levels, but the effect is scaled down to reflect the lower level; when a Pokemon levels up or is autoleveled, its stats will reflect the EVs adjusted for that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Yes.

The specific spread you're using depends on what the Pokemon is and what you want it to accomplish; you should have in mind an idea of what you want your spread to accomplish and how you need to invest EVs in order to meet that goal before you start training.

That said, if your spread isn't seeking to invest just enough to outspeed a certain mon, or take a specific hit, or make a specific KO, a basic 252/252/4 spread to the most important stats is perfectly fine. Dividing EVs evenly is arbitrary and doesn't do jack for your Pokemon.

If a Pokemon is auto-leveled, its stats in that battle will reflect what is appropriate for its temporary level, including the effects of its EV spread.

EVs do take effect at lower levels, but the effect is scaled down to reflect the lower level; when a Pokemon levels up or is autoleveled, its stats will reflect the EVs adjusted for that level.
    Thanks and I edited my post with what I'd forgotten but as for #2 with what you said, how is it arbitrary to divide the EVs up between it's stats? Example, say you have a mon that is near even in all its stats. Using a beneficial nature we minus the atk stat and plus the sp. atk stat (Since atk isn't being used) but now it's def's and spd need to still come up to make it all truly even. (Basically a balanced mon that can atk yet also endure a hit and have good spd too) Well, only problem is that's 3 stats and the latter wouldn't get enough to make it even so to make up for this, you'd basically only give both def & sp. def a +41 worth of EVS to the stat and the Spd a +42 worth of EVs to the stat totaling 2 63 points worth of EVs. This way the mon can endure potential atks while still having good spd and strong atks, how is doing this the wrong way and won't do jack as you put it? lol
    Last edited by Eclair~; 20th April 2014 at 7:46 AM.

Hey guys.

I sold my 3dsXL + Pokémon Y a few months ago. I beat the E4 then got bored, did try breeding (for battling) but it wasn't working for me so sold up.

However am thinking of picking up another 3DSXL + X version. Think im looking for a fix for the next month or so before Watch Dogs comes out. How long have you had it for and most importantly are you still enjoying it?

I guess asking on Pokémon Forums isn't the best place to ask (I think I know what the answers will be to my above questions).

Cheers

Could anyone please clear something up for me? When a Pokemon catches Pokerus, does the virus need to be active to still get the benefits, or will the Pokemon still receive the benefits after it is 'cured' and has the little smiley face icon? I've been putting my Pokemon in the PC Box before midnight to keep their viruses active, but just wondered if I can let it fade out and still get the benefits. I wasn't sure how it worked in X and Y. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by FinchReese View Post
    Hey guys.

I sold my 3dsXL + Pokémon Y a few months ago. I beat the E4 then got bored, did try breeding (for battling) but it wasn't working for me so sold up.

However am thinking of picking up another 3DSXL + X version. Think im looking for a fix for the next month or so before Watch Dogs comes out. How long have you had it for and most importantly are you still enjoying it?

I guess asking on Pokémon Forums isn't the best place to ask (I think I know what the answers will be to my above questions).

Cheers
    I've had it since release and yes I'm still enjoying it. I fear though that if you had that problem the first time you would have it again. Since it's not like things have changed at all.

I caught all the pokemon, I'm trying to find the shinies I like, I keep breeding competitive pokemon to try out in my teams. I have a good 800 hours in my game and still going.

In the end its up to you, if you feel like it gets repetitive you can just put it down for a while and try again later, theres always the medals you can try to get in the GL like I try to get too, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatechu View Post
    Could anyone please clear something up for me? When a Pokemon catches Pokerus, does the virus need to be active to still get the benefits, or will the Pokemon still receive the benefits after it is 'cured' and has the little smiley face icon? I've been putting my Pokemon in the PC Box before midnight to keep their viruses active, but just wondered if I can let it fade out and still get the benefits. I wasn't sure how it worked in X and Y. Thanks in advance!
    No, even if it has the smiley face you still get the bonus EV from training. Saying [Pokerus] just means you can spread it to other pokemon.

{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~ }{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}

Question~ Hopefully this gets seen:

Why do people forfeit fights against Skarmory? I set up Stealth Rocks, Whirlwind, and Roost, and boom, forfeit.. it's happened a few times.
    Last edited by Nightshade Aran; 20th April 2014 at 12:12 PM.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    Why do people forfeit fights against Skarmory? I set up Stealth Rocks, Whirlwind, and Roost, and boom, forfeit.. it's happened a few times.
    Because people are can't bother to deal with it, even though it has quite a bit of counters.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Because people are can't bother to deal with it, even though it has quite a bit of counters.
    It really does have quite a few counters. particularly on the special side.

It really does have quite a few counters. particularly on the special side.
    I know, bt most people on Random WiFi really have little to no idea just what they're doing or have no experience handling it, preferring to just spam MCX or something and rage when their precious Physical Moes do less than expected.

Does anyone know where I can find Honeys? Is there a NPC who sells it? Hopefully, there is 'cause I need large quantities ASAP...

And one more thing: how can you find a Venipede or Audino in Route 6? The grass there doesn't seem to shake at all to find either one. And to think I 've waited there for it to shake for long periods of time, but still nothing...

What game are u on

Quote Originally Posted by LittleA125 View Post
    What game are u on
    Pokemon X/Y of course!

You should get a pokemon with sweet scent like Amoongus. That would make u find hordes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find Honeys? Is there a NPC who sells it? Hopefully, there is 'cause I need large quantities ASAP...

And one more thing: how can you find a Venipede or Audino in Route 6? The grass there doesn't seem to shake at all to find either one. And to think I 've waited there for it to shake for long periods of time, but still nothing...
    Get a pokemon with sweet scent, faster that way. Doesn't work on rain though.

As for the 2 you mentioned, its rare but you have to keep running up and down each side until they spring out from the grass. It's rare but it happens. (Central path leading to the mansion)

What is your friend code

Get a pokemon with sweet scent, faster that way. Doesn't work on rain though.

As for the 2 you mentioned, its rare but you have to keep running up and down each side until they spring out from the grass. It's rare but it happens. (Central path leading to the mansion)
    Thanks, I will still try to see if anything happens... And out of curiosity, is there anyone in the game who sells Honey? If not, I will check my recently caught Pokemon for the move then...

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Thanks, I will still try to see if anything happens... And out of curiosity, is there anyone in the game who sells Honey? If not, I will check my recently caught Pokemon for the move then...
    Nobody sells Honey sadly, Combee come with it but its only 5%, waste of time farming them for that.

Combee itself learns sweet sent as well as a few grass pokemon like Bellossom, etc.

I've been meaning to transfer over a pokemon to my Y game that knew defog but I ran into a snag. On my Platinum game I checked my boxes and I have an adamant shiny starly so I taught it defog, but when I went to transfer it to my black2 game it wouldn't let me (I think cause you can't transfer pokes with hm moves I think). So how am I supposed to get a defogger over to my Y game 0_o?
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    I've been meaning to transfer over a pokemon to my Y game that knew defog but I ran into a snag. On my Platinum game I checked my boxes and I have an adamant shiny starly so I taught it defog, but when I went to transfer it to my black2 game it wouldn't let me (I think cause you can't transfer pokes with hm moves I think). So how am I supposed to get a defogger over to my Y game 0_o?
    There are several Pokemon in BW/BW 2 that learn Defog by level up. It isn't an HM in those games but there isn't a TM for it either.

http://serebii.net/black2white2/tmhm.shtml

http://serebii.net/attackdex-bw/defog.shtml
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Page 476 of 555 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526 ... LastLast