Page 503 of 553 FirstFirst ... 403453493499500501502503504505506507513 ... LastLast
Results 12,551 to 12,575 of 13806

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMagikarp View Post
    Okay, so I have a breeding question. I'm trying to breed for a shiny Magikarp with 5 IVs (improbable, I know), and have a few options. I can: A) breed one American 5 IV Magikarp and one Japanese 4 IV Magikarp in an attempt to use the Masuda Method, B) breed two American 5 IV Magikarp so the odds of having a 5 IV output Magikarp is higher but shiny output chance is lower, or C) RNG abuse with one American 5 IV Magikarp and one Japanese 4 IV Magikarp so I am still using the Masuda Method, but only taking the 5 IV offspring. Any ideas? Gender doesn't matter - I have both for the Japanese and American Magikarps. And, as a side note, how many people consider RNG abuse cheating? If it's a huge deal, then I won't do it, because I like having all natural/undeniably legit Pokemon - zero hacks, copies, etc. I've also made several attempts to obtain a foreign 5 IV Magikarp, but until I receive one (if at all), I am stuck with the Japanese 4 IV Magikarp to Masuda Method with. Thanks for the help in advance!

P.S. Using the Destiny Knot calculator, I found that the odds of hatching a 5 IV shiny Magikarp is 0.0047% with the two American 5 IV Magikarps, while there is a 0.0072% chance with one Japanese 4 IV Magikarp and one American 5 IV Magikarp, for anyone interested in the numbers. The only thing I'm worried about using the second option is that the shiny won't have the 5 IVs I want, as the chance of the 5 IV and 4 IV Magikarp producing a 5 IV offspring is about 8% lower, and having an imperfect shiny wouldn't be good competitively, which is what I want to use it for. Thanks again for taking the time to read this!
    All options are quite bad for me... I use a 6iv JAP ditto for 5iv pokemon. BUT! If you are trying to get a 5iv shiny with masuda you have a 100% chance to have it by breeding 2 6iv being one of them from a different language. Example: 6iv jap ditto + 6iv eur magikarp = 100% chance of 5iv magikarp with higher chance of shiny

SR for a perfect Mewtwo. Can you save in front of him or do you need to save at the entrance of the cave??
    Shiny Trophy Collection: , , - Perfect 5IV , , , , &

Current Shiny Hunt: Y: SS Shiny
    3DS FC: eiger 2466-2804-0760 with
    Visit Bkdevils Shop for 5IV & Egg Moves: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-IV-Trade-Shop

I Have Claimed Carracosta!!

Quote Originally Posted by eiger View Post
    SR for a perfect Mewtwo. Can you save in front of him or do you need to save at the entrance of the cave??
    I believe you can stand in front of Mewtwo and save there. It'll only react to you if you speak to it.
    Many thanks to Astral Shadow for the (rather old) shifting userbar and Garnet who I assume created the guild userbar.

Are you interested in PASBL? I'd recommend the Getting Started thread.
    Still have questions? Drop by the Trainer and Referee Q&A!

Which game?
    I believe Mewtwo is Shiny locked in X and Y.
    Along with the other legends.
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    Which game?
    I believe Mewtwo is Shiny locked in X and Y.
    Along with the other legends.
    Pretty sure they're just trying for perfect IVs and good Nature.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

out of the cave

I have a more competitive question considering the HP stat of pokemons.

When do you chose with uneven numbers and when do you chose to have even numbers as the HP stat?

- Is it better to have an uneven number with pokemon that use recoil? Life orb?
    - Is it better to have an even number with pokemon that use recovery move like Recover or wish?

Feel free to add more explaination to this subject, because I dont really understand that well.

Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    I have a more competitive question considering the HP stat of pokemons.

When do you chose with uneven numbers and when do you chose to have even numbers as the HP stat?

- Is it better to have an uneven number with pokemon that use recoil? Life orb?
    - Is it better to have an even number with pokemon that use recovery move like Recover or wish?

Feel free to add more explaination to this subject, because I dont really understand that well.

Thanks for your time.
    It depends on what you are trying to accomplish:

With weather, you always want the pokemon to have one less HP than a number divisible by 16, so the amount of damage is rounded down.

With Life Orb, you want the pokemon to have a HP stat that is one less than a number divisible by 10, for the same reason as above.

Here is more in-depth, with the math.

tbh as long as an LO Pokemon's HP isn't perfectly divisible by 10, it's okay (and even if it is, it's still probably okay)

don't bother investing EVs that could be going toward offensive stats just for the purpose of "minimum LO damage"; it's never worth it

the only things that should be concerned with hitting specific HP stats would be stuff weak to SR and/or stuff switching in often that doesn't resist SR, in which case the HP shouldn't be divisible by the amount removed by SR

Is anyone else having problems connecting to Pokemon bank? I keep getting the error message 006-0112?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcharizard1456 View Post
    Is anyone else having problems connecting to Pokemon bank? I keep getting the error message 006-0112?
    Error Code 006-0112 basicly states you lost connection with the server.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...DS&locale=lang

I'd personally start with moving closer to the wifi router. Restarting the Wifi Router. If you're watching a video or a livestream, on a PC, I suggest you stop it and turn it off, or wait until it's over.

It could be an issue with Nintendo eshop/Miiverse system given today news, I suggest you may wait until later.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

BANK HELP

My internet crashed when I was saving changes in the bank and since its said "you previously used a different copy of pokemon x or pokemon y, please try again using kevins pokemon x or pokemon y game (trainer id 41720)." im using my game with that ID. iv emailed Nintendo, but has anyone had the same problem? I have tried deleting the bank and reinstalling it but the same thing happens when i try logging in.

:'(
    PowerSave Dates: http://na.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades...ckedevents#btn

Can offer cloning service, PM for details

i am using matsuda methoe and shiny charm, both parents are shiny, is tehre any other forms to increse the odds off the egg being shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola91 View Post
    i am using matsuda methoe and shiny charm, both parents are shiny, is tehre any other forms to increse the odds off the egg being shiny
    Nope, all you can do now is keep hatching eggs. It also doesn't matter if the parents are shiny or not, it only matters if they are from different regions.

Happy Holidays! (...what do you mean it's too early? D: )
    *I'll be waiting until the 25th for ORAS / SSB4 due to midterms ;______;
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~ ~
    [719/719]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola91 View Post
    Both of the parents being shiny only helped in Gen II, when shininiess was determined by IVs. Just thought that would be an interesting tidbit of information to add on to the conversation

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Is Freeze Dry still super-effective against Water-types in Inverse Battles?

Also, I'm a little confused about triple-typed Pokemon created with Forest's Curse and Trick-or-Treat. If one were to use Forest's Curse on Heracross, making it a Bug/Fighting/Grass type, what would be the damage multiplier for a Flying-type move against it? 6x damage? 8x? And what if one used Forest's Curse on a Swampert, making it a Water/Ground/Grass type? What would the damage multiplier be for a Grass-type move used on it?
    3DS XL Friend Code: 3823-8529-0790

NO HACKS!!

Gotta Hatch 'em all!

Quote Originally Posted by masterbreeder42 View Post
    Is Freeze Dry still super-effective against Water-types in Inverse Battles?

Also, I'm a little confused about triple-typed Pokemon created with Forest's Curse and Trick-or-Treat. If one were to use Forest's Curse on Heracross, making it a Bug/Fighting/Grass type, what would be the damage multiplier for a Flying-type move against it? 6x damage? 8x? And what if one used Forest's Curse on a Swampert, making it a Water/Ground/Grass type? What would the damage multiplier be for a Grass-type move used on it?
    It'd be 6x, as it'd have three 2x weaknesses. For swampert, because grass resists grass and water/ground are hit super effectively by it, it'd be 2x.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Can hidden power change from gen to gen? I don't know about other gens since it's been introduced (guess doesn't matter from 2 to 3 since can't bring gen 2 pokes to 3), but from gen 5 to 6, that's the first time pokes had base stats altered since gen 3. Plus fairy type is around now.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Can hidden power change from gen to gen? I don't know about other gens since it's been introduced (guess doesn't matter from 2 to 3 since can't bring gen 2 pokes to 3), but from gen 5 to 6, that's the first time pokes had base stats altered since gen 3. Plus fairy type is around now.
    Hidden Power type does not change between 5th Gen and 6th Gen, since the Fairy isn't a possible typing for Hidden Power
    3DS XL Friend Code: 3823-8529-0790

NO HACKS!!

Gotta Hatch 'em all!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    For Gen3 to Gen6, no changes to the Hidden Power Type or Power, as the Formula used didn't change. It uses Your IVs, not the base stats, (which is why Most IV Calculators may ask for it, and can also give it out.)

There is Currently no way to get HP Fairy,
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Oh really? That's interesting and odd. But thanks.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by The Mustache View Post
    out of the cave
    You can stand right in front of Mewtwo and save the game to SR for IVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    It'd be 6x, as it'd have three 2x weaknesses. For swampert, because grass resists grass and water/ground are hit super effectively by it, it'd be 2x.
    2x2x2 is not 6.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    2x2x2 is not 6.
    2+2+2 is 6. Weaknesses aren't exponential. The Pokemon gets a 2x the damage for every weakness it has. Bug gets a 2x weakness, Fighting gets a 2x weakness, and Grass gets a 2x weakness. It is calculated as 3x2, not 2^3.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 11th June 2014 at 10:23 PM.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I've been trying to time machine breed but I'm getting eggs where one gender will pass down four stats while the other passes down just one.

For example, while preparing an egg for a perfect Talonflame as 31/31/31/x/31/31 with these surrogate Magikarps:

Female (docile) w/ destiny knot:
    90/26/68/29/30/85
    Male (docile) w/ everstone:
    82/29/67/23/33/88

But the egg I get turns out like this:
    82/29/67/x/30/88

Which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that I'm seeing four male stats and one female stat. I thought it was supposed to three of one gender and two of the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Danni View Post
    Which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that I'm seeing four male stats and one female stat. I thought it was supposed to three of one gender and two of the other?
    Nope, doesn't work that way at all. Destiny Knot ensures 5 IVs are inherited, but which IVs are selected and from which parents are randomly determined. So you could get 5-0, 4-1, or 3-2.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Page 503 of 553 FirstFirst ... 403453493499500501502503504505506507513 ... LastLast