Page 509 of 555 FirstFirst ... 409459499505506507508509510511512513519 ... LastLast
Results 12,701 to 12,725 of 13873

Thread: Official X & Y Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mera View Post
    I got a question. Is there a way to influence the second characteristics of pokémon while breeding. I've been breeding chespin, I got the right nature now however after nearly an entire box full none of the second characteristics indicate a raise in Defense IV, most are in HP and speed, one or two in Sp. Atk and a few in Sp. Def. But the most notable thing is none with the defense chracteristic any of them.
    There is no way of influencing the random IV as far as i know. I would recommend double checking the parents in the daycare IV's, ad maybe they don't have any defense ones.
    If the parents do not have 31IVs, you are leaving it effectively to pure chance, if so, be prepared to full thousands of boxes with garbage pokemon.
    Consider using a ditto with 31 defense ivs, it should sped things up effectively.

*Credits to my sister for the Banner made from scratch*
    Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)
    FC: 4527-8908-8969
    IGN: Ryuken

looks like one of the parents needs to have a characteristic in the right category. Mother had the right nature and everstone and dad wrong nature but strong willed. Second one had characteristic of capable of taking hits. So it worked out.
    Looking for amaura.

I was thinking to breed Bouffalant with Iron head and skull bash, but i'm not very sure what parents should i use.
    So, how i can breed both Iron head and Skull bash to same bouffalant? Which pokemon i should use? Or is it even possible?
    Click my babies to help them to grow!

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

I was wondering if someone could help me understand the "rules" of substitute. And by "rules" I mean the tips to get the most out of it.

I checked here...

https://www.smogon.com/rs/articles/m...tat_numbers#hp

...but confused on things and wondering if anyone could make it clearer?

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Sutittaja View Post
    I was thinking to breed Bouffalant with Iron head and skull bash, but i'm not very sure what parents should i use.
    So, how i can breed both Iron head and Skull bash to same bouffalant? Which pokemon i should use? Or is it even possible?
    You could either use Smeargle or breed skull bash from Squirtle to Bidoof to a female Bouffalant and, because of the new ability to pass down egg move from both the mother and father, you can breed your female Bouffalant (with skull bash) with a male Mawile (with iron head) and the new Bouffalant should have both skull bash and iron head.
    3DS friend code: 4441-9511-6350

Water safari with: Octillery, Gyrados and Frogadier.

Ω Pokemon Omega Ruby! Ω

Still waiting to get ORAS……

Quote Originally Posted by sagittar View Post
    You could either use Smeargle or breed skull bash from Squirtle to Bidoof to a female Bouffalant and, because of the new ability to pass down egg move from both the mother and father, you can breed your female Bouffalant (with skull bash) with a male Mawile (with iron head) and the new Bouffalant should have both skull bash and iron head.
    Thanks a lot, i have always been so bad about chain breeding
    Click my babies to help them to grow!

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

If a pokemon has more than one ability possible (not including hidden ability), during iv breeding is it better for both parents to have the wanted ability, or should only one have it? If only one parent, then the father or mother?
    Poison Safari:
    PM if you want to add me!

Quote Originally Posted by E.Ko View Post
    If a pokemon has more than one ability possible (not including hidden ability), during iv breeding is it better for both parents to have the wanted ability, or should only one have it? If only one parent, then the father or mother?
    Unless using ditto, only the mother will pass her ability, however, there is still a small chance the mother might pass another possible ability, but never a hidden ability if she does not has it.
    Again, the father will never pass his ability unless you are using a ditto too.

Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    is there any way to change the memory of your pokemon from the memory girl?
    can someone please answer my question?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

No, pokemon only have memories if they were bred or caught in Kalos, if a Pokemon is transferred it will have a good memory but no memories at all, you can't change them cause they are set no matter what but all transferred ones will say the same thing, check kalos bred pokemon and if they have no memories it means they were region hacked on gen4-5 to appear kalos bred and you will have to get rid of those

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

You can't, it will still say the same script at the beginning, unless you trade it.
    If you trade the pokemon with someone else, it will still say the same memory, at the beginning, and add the second trainers one afterwards.
    Unless it is from pokebank/hack/event, in which case she will just substitute everything with: "The Pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember..."

If you keep a pokemon in your party, especially the lead position, then the old memories will gradually be replaced with new ones.
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

I have a small question, is it normal to have frame rate issues when playing pokemon x (Physical copy) in a 2DS?
    I heard it happens with 3D enabled, but obviously the 2DS does not supports this option.
    The frame rate slowdowns usually happen when moving around cities, and more noticeable, in horde battles, where the frame rate slows down to an unplayable and disgusting 15fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    I have a small question, is it normal to have frame rate issues when playing pokemon x (Physical copy) in a 2DS?
    I heard it happens with 3D enabled, but obviously the 2DS does not supports this option.
    The frame rate slowdowns usually happen when moving around cities, and more noticeable, in horde battles, where the frame rate slows down to an unplayable and disgusting 15fps.
    I think Frame rate slow down happens anyway, it's just that most people don't notice it. I know I start noticing a sub 15FPS frame rate as being slowed down.

If on a 3DS, Most of the situations you're describing are 2d only, and don't go 3d when you play. Chances are you're more sensitive than other people detecting frame rates than others.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    Having 3D enabled doesn't change the framerate at all, the system is always rendering the 3D effects, the slider just changes the screen so you can actually see them. But yes, there are definitely slowdowns while playing the game, they are identical across all systems.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

What happens if you use wish in a rotation battle? Will it just affect the pokemon who used it or does it affect the pokemon who's up front?
    Thanks in advance.
    3DS friend code: 4441-9511-6350

Water safari with: Octillery, Gyrados and Frogadier.

Ω Pokemon Omega Ruby! Ω

Still waiting to get ORAS……

Quote Originally Posted by sagittar View Post
    What happens if you use wish in a rotation battle? Will it just affect the pokemon who used it or does it affect the pokemon who's up front?
    Thanks in advance.
    It always recovers the HP of the pokemon in the users position, so if you use wish, and then rotate, the pokemon that you rotated to will take the HP of the pokemon that used wish.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not "headbutting" as you put it. You actually have a decent set of parents, although it will take you a LOT of eggs to get the spread you want. The way the Destiny Knot works is it chooses 5 random IVs BETWEEN the parents (so 5/12 get chosen), and then the last IV is random. However, it can also choose the same IV twice, giving you a 3-4 IV offspring instead of a 5IV one. So you can absolutely get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Sableye from your two parents, but it will just take around 50 eggs. Also if you want the HA (Prankster) instead of a different ability, that factors into it too. Your female Sableye MUST have Prankster or you won't be able to pass it down - males only pass their ability when breeding with Ditto. I think it's around a 60% chance to pass the HA down with a female HA Pokemon breeding with a male of the same species.

You can use this website: http://destinyknot.tk/ to calculate your chances of getting the spread you want with the parents you have, and with modifiers such as ability calculated in. You'll probably get your Sableye around 30-50 eggs on average.

You can increase your chances of getting the spread you want if you get a male Sableye with the 31/31/31/x/31/31 spread that doesn't have Prankster. Use that one as the new male and you'll have better chances of getting your spread with Prankster.
    It actually never chooses the same IV twice for one egg, actually. If the female parent is 31/31/x/31/31/31 and the male is 31/31/31/31/x/31, it could pick the male's Special Defense to pass down, and if the one IV that isn't passed down is the female's Defense, then the offspring could be 4 IV Pokemon with 31/31/x/31/x/31 IVs. Also if the male's Special Defense and the female's Defense are both passed down, and HP is the one IV not inherited from either parent, then it would probably be a 3 IV Pokemon with x/31/x/31/x/31 IVs. Of course, the stat that isn't inherited still has 1/32 chance of being 31, so you could get a 6 IV pokemon from the egg, too.
    My 3DS Friend Code is 3823-8529-0790

Looking for LEGIT Shiny 6th Gen Reshiram and Zekrom. I have a HUGE amount of Events and Shinies, including Legendaries, from every Generation. Most notably, if it was available in 5th Gen, there is an extremely high chance that I have it RNGed with perfect/near perfect stats, usually Shiny. Kyurem, for example, but not Tornadus or Thundurus.

NO HACKS!

Gotta Hatch 'em All!

hi. I donwloaded pokebank yesterday but I CAN'T ACESS TO IT!!! It keeps getting error 006-0112. This is pissing me of because I bought is... I payed the money and I wanted to start a new game whitout haveing to loose my pokemon! I changed DNS settings and all that stuff and nothing... I was thinking in deleting pokebank and to reinstall it but I fear that I have to pay again... HELP please???

Quote Originally Posted by The Mustache View Post
    hi. I donwloaded pokebank yesterday but I CAN'T ACESS TO IT!!! It keeps getting error 006-0112. This is pissing me of because I bought is... I payed the money and I wanted to start a new game whitout haveing to loose my pokemon! I changed DNS settings and all that stuff and nothing... I was thinking in deleting pokebank and to reinstall it but I fear that I have to pay again... HELP please???
    I get that error sometimes. It just means that there are lots of people on the server at once. When I get it I just log off for a few minutes and then try again and it works fine.

You said you changed your DNS settings - did you change them to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4? Also check to make sure that you're just getting this error with PokeBank. If you get it consistently, you may have to contact Nintendo.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I get that error sometimes. It just means that there are lots of people on the server at once. When I get it I just log off for a few minutes and then try again and it works fine.

You said you changed your DNS settings - did you change them to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4? Also check to make sure that you're just getting this error with PokeBank. If you get it consistently, you may have to contact Nintendo.
    I got thos DNS and I loaded almost 40 times and nothing... between yesterday and today nothing. I emaild nintendo and nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mustache View Post
    I got thos DNS and I loaded almost 40 times and nothing... between yesterday and today nothing. I emaild nintendo and nothing...
    Have you gotten the Pokedex yet? You can't use PokeBank until you have the PokeDex. You also must have PokeTransporter AND PokeBank for it to work. I'm not trying to sound condescending here; I'm just grasping at straws as to what could be the issue.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

New to the forums here, just looking for some friend safari's. Not sure what mine is but feel free to add me and find out! haha

Friend Code: 3411-2583-1279

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBrokowski View Post
    New to the forums here, just looking for some friend safari's. Not sure what mine is but feel free to add me and find out! haha

Friend Code: 3411-2583-1279
    Please use the friend safari thread in the 6th Gen Wi-Fi Center section of the forum instead and remember to read the rules first as well.
    Last edited by Ryuken; 24th June 2014 at 1:11 AM.

why is breeding so hard. I have a 31 all ditto and he gives my pokemon 5 IVs I don't want, with the destiny knot.

Page 509 of 555 FirstFirst ... 409459499505506507508509510511512513519 ... LastLast