Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Default Pokémon-amie Thread

Discuss the new petting feature of Pokemon X & Y, Pokémon-amie in here.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Is there really no way to change the camera angle or zoom distance while using Pokemon Amie?

I saw a reviewer mention it, and they noted that it made the degree to which you can interact with some of the larger Pokemon very limited, as only a small portion of their body will actually be on the touchscreen if they're the sort who have long legs like Xerneas, and I'd presume some of the large fliers will be the same.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 10th October 2013 at 1:04 PM.

I bet my life savings that Pokemon Amie came from the mixture of ideas with Nintendo(pets) and the Dream Eaters from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. This small addition finally makes us feel true compassion towards the pokemon that we've caught (hatched) and raised! I'll be using this feature very often.
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

I can't wait for this feature ( I love the dream eater one from kingdom hearts dream drop distance) I hope we can move the camera however and inter act with them more than we could In kh3d so here's to pokemon amie.
    The calm winds warn us of the future it's gonna be fun X3

Somebody should interact with Mewtwo in Pokemon Amie. I wanna see it's smile. XD
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Somebody should interact with Mewtwo in Pokemon Amie. I wanna see it's smile. XD
    What if................................................ ......... it doesn't smile?!?!?!?!?!

Nah, but I'll seriously use Pokemon Amie a lot.

Now that I think about is Pokemon-amie a ripoff of those japanese ecchi games on other touchscreen. Or has been touching animals/things/people been a trend since Nintendogs.

I seriously can't wait to play with my pokemon
    My 3DS Friend Code: Rabiea 0318 - 7725 - 3434
    I'll be playing Pokemon Y - add me if you wan't to trade/battle/be friends

Are there any other pokémon that evolve via. Pokemon Amie other than Eevee -> Sylveon?

.:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

Once I'm done with my main adventure, I'll try to play with every single Pokemon just to see all of their reactions.

I've seen some players play with fire Pokemon and get burned.
    I haven't seen anyone play with Grimer and Muk yet...

And I bet some people will be playing a lot with Gardevoir and Lopunny...

Quote Originally Posted by shiny ditto View Post
    Are there any other pokémon that evolve via. Pokemon Amie other than Eevee -> Sylveon?
    So far, there are no other known Pokemon that evolve via PAmie.
    It is also unknown if Amie actually affects the value of Happiness points. If it does, then all Happiness-based evolutions can be done through Amie.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I get to actually play with the beings that I have taken from the wild, stuck in little capsules, and forced to battle for my amusement. THANK YOU GF!!!!!
    I wanna see Haxorus smile

So you can also get zapped by certain Electric Pokemon if you touch the wrong spots on them (Pikachu's cheeks, for instance) in addition to getting burned by some Fire types.

Curious to see what other Pokemon are hazardous, though I hope it doesn't become bothersome. Someone mentioned that petting a male Pyroar was rather troublesome because of its huge mane taking up most of the screen.

I wanna be Poisoned by Muk or choke to death in Poisonous Ghastly Gas! Wailord, Groudon and Rayquaza I wanna see, you'll probably only be able to touch (Sounds a bit wrong) their fins/feet/spikeythings
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

The most noticable with Pokémon-amie is the change of text and reaction in battles. Depending on the Pokémons affection level.

The stages of affection are seen on the beginning of every battle. Your Pokémon either moves sideways, jumps or even looks behind to you.
    Additionally, the text changes too. (I play in German so sorry for mistranslations.) The beginning changes from "Go [Pokémon]" to "Let's go, [Pokémon]! You can do it!" On idle, instead of "What should it do?" it will change to "[Pokémon] is waiting for a command from [Player]" or "[Pokémon] is interested in the opponent's scent".
    On low HP it says "[Pokémon] is getting uneasy because the situation is getting risky." and looks at you. If you heal then your Pokémon is thankful while looking at you.
    Lastly on effective attacks you're cheering your Pokémon up and occasionally even pet it!

I really love that Pokémon-amie changes the reaction and text in battles. It makes the battles more personal and even makes you love your Pokémon even more.

In Pokémon-amie, with higher affection it'll do different stuff when starting to play with the Pokémon. It could do something like a peekaboo or would be turned away and you can get it's attention by poking on the back. Also if your Pokémon is fainted or has status effects it'll sleep and go back in the Pokéball.
    Last edited by TimeWalker; 12th October 2013 at 1:43 AM.

So I know you can pet Pokemon and play with facial expression. My question is do you have an infinite supply of treats? I've never heard of anyone having to buy or make them like Poffins.

I've heard from the Josh leaks that the camera portion - where you try to mimic your Pokemon - is screwy and unresponsive. How have you guys been doing with it?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueWarrior View Post
    So I know you can pet Pokemon and play with facial expression. My question is do you have an infinite supply of treats? I've never heard of anyone having to buy or make them like Poffins.
    It seems you win more treats by playing minigames.
    Looking for these female Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities. I have dozens of DWFs on offer. PM me if you want to trade.

The mini games include a
    -berry drop game, where you have to drag a specific berry to your pokemon. It's a reaction and speed game.
    -a game where you have to use pokemon's heads to hit a ball of yarn, sort of baseball style, this will test your timing.
    -Puzzle game. A real time scrambled picture (looks really cool) simply needs to be rearranged.

Higher scores lets you go to higher difficulties and earn more treats.

Haven't figured out which treats pokemon may prefer. Some higher difficulty treats have toppings like more cream and cherries.

Also sometimes when pokemon amie is set on, locally nearby trainer's pokemons will give me treats too. Havent figured out the specifics behind this.

PM me for Safari adds!

FT: Monsoon vivs (lots) and one Continental. Leftover Adamant Eevees.
    LF: 5IV stuff, Archipelago Viv (ALMOST DONE)

So far the only Pokémon I have "amie'd" with is Azurill and here are what I found out:

- Touching it's tail will make it mad and it will give the expression (>.<)
    - Touching it's ear makes it uncomfortable.
    - Touching it's cheeks will make it sleepy and it will relax

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

Okay, so does anyone know exactly how we're supposed to raise each of the 3 categories (except hunger of course, that's obvious). I've been petting/scratching my Froakie for over 20 minutes probably with no uncomfortable/angry expressions, and it's affection meter only went from 0 to 1 heart. Am I supposed to be doing something else, am I supposed to be further in the game (just won the Bug Badge), or am I just not doing it long enough...

FC:
    SS- 3223 9732 1772

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I've heard from the Josh leaks that the camera portion - where you try to mimic your Pokemon - is screwy and unresponsive. How have you guys been doing with it?
    Yes, the facial recognition is very wonky. It often repeatedly sees and then loses me. The hardest is doing the few expressions the game is telling you like making big eyes or forming your mouth like you're kissing. It often doesn't recognise.
    My advise is trying to have a good distance between you and your 3DS and to have a good enough light source.

To repoman
    The Fun bar can be raised by playing the mini-games, by calling him and by doing funny faces to your Pokémon. You can see that you're getting it higher by the notes that appear.
    Affection can be raised by scratching or by giving him enough treats. You see that by the hearts that appear. You can't do that repeatedly however. If it's only a note in a speech bubble then nothing happened.
    You can try by playing another mini-game or walking/battling a bit before scratching your Pokémon again.
    You can see if you got an affection point when your Pokémon is happy and lots of hearts are appearing.

I thought this was cheesy as hell when I first saw it but it's honestly the cutest thing. I could play with my Pancham all day.

I saw some more lines from the text changes:
    "[Pokémon] shows interest in the [Player]'s bag."
    "[Pokémon] and [Player] understand each other without words"
    "[Pokémon] is confident in [Player]'s tactics"
    "[Pokémon] is looking back at you and nods determined"
    "[Pokémon] is really determined"

If you change your Pokémon you instead say: "[Pokémon], come back! You did a good job!"

With full affection bar, he now often evades and does critical attacks because "[Pokémon] remembers a tip from [Player]"

Also, does the Affection meter drop if you leave it alone? I know the other categories do...

FC:
    SS- 3223 9732 1772

I haven't seen any drops in the affection meter as of yet. I could think that it would be similar to the happiness, that if your Pokémon faints often then it will get unhappier. But I can't confirm anything about that yet.

Also, can anyone confirm this, it seems like if you have at least two hearts then do you get more EXP? Because it seems like for me that every Pokémon that has at least two hearts always gets Special EXP.
    Last edited by TimeWalker; 12th October 2013 at 6:58 PM.

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast