View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

246 21.35%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

327 28.39%
  • Water-type, Froakie

480 41.67%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

99 8.59%
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

I wanted to chose Froakie in the last thread, but I clicked the wrong button. @_@

Now, though, I can change my choice to Froakie! Great!

Dark is my favourite Type, so that gives me another reason to love Froakie. <3

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Froakie beat Chespin by four votes lol.

Now that we know Delphox has a wand, maybe the complaints about it being "inconsistent" will go away.

I like all base forms of the starters, but I like Froakie's finals stage the most. But still Team Fennekin since I lean towards fire type starters and it evolves into a mage which is my favorite class to use. The typing is just quite useful against the region's gyms too. Chose Fennekin from the previous poll, and still choosing it here.
    Last edited by knetz07; 10th October 2013 at 2:54 PM.

Spoiler:- Past Pokemon Teams:

Pokemon Y

I'm gonna take Froakie, but I sure as hell want Goomy on my team.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Actually, I've changed my mind. Not using my favorite starter for the first playthrough doesn't make sense. I love Delphox too much to relegate it to the second or third playthrough. It'll compliment my Pangoro nicely. Looks like Chesnaught and Greninja will have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    If the last stages wouldn't be leaked, Froakie would be last!

Spoiler:- I'm looking for:
    Please help. :3

I've been playing since the RBY days and for the first tine ever, I'm ditching the starters. It's because I do not find any of the 3 final evolutions that appealing.. I initially liked Fennekin the most but I'm one of the people who jumped off its train when it became bipedal. Next I liked Frogadier the best when the second stage were released. However, when the final evolution were leaked I was never fond of any of them..

I'm going with Surskit as my starter so here's hoping its really early in the game like in RSE..
    Mega Masquerain[Bug/Water]with Prankster

[70/20/92/120/122/90]

That's it I'm demanding Freeze Dry Masquerain

I was originally going for Froakie but I've recently fallen in love with Delphox and all it's magey-like ways. I'm going with Fennekin

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post

Now that we know Delphox has a wand, maybe the complaints about it being "inconsistent" will go away.
    Wait we do? I haven't seen it using a wand any.
        Spoiler:- Current Pokemon X Team:

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

What creature is Chessanught based off, it looks turtle-y which will have a major impact on my decision for starter

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

Quote Originally Posted by Jskid44 View Post
    Oh my... I wonder where she hides it at?

Thanks for the links to the images.
    Pretty sure she hides it up her sleeve.

I originally chose Fennekin when the starters were first announced, now after seeing all three final evolutions I'm still sticking with Fennekin. Delphox turned out pretty much what I was expecting it to once I heard they were based off of the old RPG classes.
    I still like Chespin's and Froakie's final evolutions, I believe Gen VI will turn out just like Gen III for me as far as starters goes. Meaning I'll choose either of the three instead of my usual Fire starter and on occasion choose the water starter.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Yeah it's in the sleeve.

Also before anyone ask(because someone will) male Delphox looks the same as female Delphox.

Picture: http://24.media.tumblr.com/80f38f73d...xro1o1_500.jpg
    Last edited by Arcamenel; 10th October 2013 at 3:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underachiever007 View Post
    I am just glad it's not in her tail anymore. I don't know why, but it just looked weird sitting in it.

Yes, she actually does. She has more than tricks up her sleeve.

The wand also looks awesome, with the flame at the tips and the way it uses Magic. Or moves. Can Delphox somehow use it to smack opponents when using Physical Moves? XD

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Glad we finally have a high quality pic or two of Delphox: http://www.serebii.net/xy/temp/00197.png

Glad we finally have a high quality pic or two of Delphox: http://www.serebii.net/xy/temp/00197.png
    Delphox really looks like a wise old man... xD

Spoiler:- I'm looking for:
    Please help. :3

My decision hasn't changed. Fennekin all the way for me for my first playthrough. I'll use Froakie and/or Chespin in my next one.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

Was team Chespin since day 1... Quilladin disappointed me to the point where I was close to hopping on the Fennekin train but then Chesnaught redeemed it.
    Hoenn Squad

The gender sign on the top left of the nickname screen is it's gender, right? I want a female fennekin and I've reset about 10 times but nothing
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Idk.. after looking at those Delphox images... it's actually a solid contender.

This is the hardest decision since Sinnoh.

I see so many positives for each, I can see myself loving my journey with each.. but i dont plan on pre-planning my team.. as I hate that stuff, just gonna go straight Ash and learn and see as I go, will be great.

I chose Chespin for now, as he's pretty lovable, but I can literally see myself picking any of them. Ugh.

Chose Froakie in january and choosing Froakie still when i get the game!!:P

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast