View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

246 21.35%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

327 28.39%
  • Water-type, Froakie

480 41.67%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

99 8.59%
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

Though I like all the starters, I started with Froakie being my favorite and I still love him all the way through this period, team Froakie!

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

#TeamFroakie. Although I thought Greninja was fake at first, it has really warmed up to me, and it is now my favorite Pokemon of this gen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Found this, it's a rival(?) match between Delphox and Greninja, you can see their animations in action.

Froakie, still.

It's a hard choice for me.. I don't really like any of their final forms. If the third form wasn't so much more powerful I'd be tempted to just keep one unevolved. I'm guessing that's a bad idea though.. has anyone played through a game like that?
    And I like greninja actually, except for it's tongue scarf- which is kind of strange. I guess I could imagine his tongue is in his mouth? haha. I guess delphox would come next, I'm not so sure about it though. And chesnaught is kind of unlikely, I usually like the grass starters too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Found this, it's a rival(?) match between Delphox and Greninja, you can see their animations in action.
    Dang that Water Shuriken did nothing, I thought Delphox had bad Defense?

I like Froakie, but why is Goomy and option? I had to vote Goomy because I... don't know I just realized I apparently have a thing for little blob Pokemon... maybe it's a pity thing... or maybe I just want to see how they end up.

I still don't know which Kanto starter to go with. Do they have there dream world ability or anything cool like that? Can we get the stones for the ones we don't choose later some how?

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Dang that Water Shuriken did nothing, I thought Delphox had bad Defense?
    It's around 70-75. It's not exactly bad, but it isn't even good. A Waterfall from a mixed Greninja should leave a dent on it. And besides there is a quite big level difference: Lv. 46 Delphox vs. Lv. 37 Greninja.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    It's around 70-75. It's not exactly bad, but it isn't even good. A Waterfall from a mixed Greninja should leave a dent on it.
    I was just surprised that Water Shuriken didn't even do a quarter, but that could be because it only hit twice.

I've been torn between Froakie and Fennekin from the start. From the base stages to the final stages I've loved them both, however I have to go with Fennekin again for my vote. Its been to long since I've used a fire starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    The gender sign on the top left of the nickname screen is it's gender, right? I want a female fennekin and I've reset about 10 times but nothing
    Keep at it... at least you have the game

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoa View Post
    I like Froakie, but why is Goomy and option? I had to vote Goomy because I... don't know I just realized I apparently have a thing for little blob Pokemon... maybe it's a pity thing... or maybe I just want to see how they end up.
    It's a joke option. The other poll had Dunsparce instead.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I'm still #TEAMCHESPIN

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    It's a joke option. The other poll had Dunsparce instead.
    I know Honestly if there was a not chespin option I'd do that, but I chose Froakie way way way back when they were first shown and that is who I am going with. I love herptiles... part of why gen 1 is always so hard to choose, they are all herptiles! (herptile is a generic term for all non-avian reptiles and amphibians)

Regarding the typings.
    Chesnaught, with its Grass/Fighting typing, has a 4x weakness to Flying. Undesirable, but I do like its design.
    Delphix, has a Fire/Psychic typing, which fits it perfectly with the wizardly/witchy appearance. The typing also benefits Delphox with a resistance to Bug.
    Greninja is my favorite so far. Its typing doesn't give it any resistances to weaknesses, but it doesn't get any 4x weaknesses either. I think that this is the most bizzare of the three, mainly due to the tounge-scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    I'm still #TEAMCHESPIN
    #TeamFroakie all the way
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

I want a Chesnaugh with shell smash.Are spiky shield and water shuriken signature moves?If yes then what's Delphox's?

I'm going to be honest. When I first saw Greninja being leaked, I disliked it and hoped it was fake. But honestly? It has grown on me so much and I'm definitely going to pick it. I didn't like Delphox at all at first but it has grown on me as well so I can appreciate it, thought not as much as Greninja. Chesnaught looks awful to me, really don't get the fuss about it.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I was just surprised that Water Shuriken didn't even do a quarter, but that could be because it only hit twice.
    Well, there's also a major level difference to consider.

Edit: whoops, didn't notice cresselia's post.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 10th October 2013 at 5:11 PM.

Loved Chespin at the beginning, and now I really love Chespin! He's my favorite starter. I'm using him on X, just because I want to use Bulbasaur on Y (which will be my main) and I try not to have two of the same type. But Chespin is definitely my favorite of the three. Froakie is my choice for Y. And if Z comes out, or X2 and Y2 or whatever they do, I'm picking Fennekin.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

lol polls at 22 (Grass) 33 (fire) & 44 (water) votes

anyways go Fennekin! go!
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE HERE I COME !

#TeamFroakie for me. Love Frogadier and Greninja is just amazing. I can just imagine it walking up to you, smacking you in the face with its tongue, then running off laughing.

We had a good batch of starters this time. One of the few times I like all the final starter evolutions.

I was a Froakie supporter from the beginning. I loved Greninja right when it leaked. Water starters til I die

So as the starters evolutions were revealed, I had an emotional roller coaster
    First, I liked chespin the best, with fennekin second and froakie last
    From the middle evolutions, I really hated quilladin, but it slowly grew on me... Order changed to - frogadier, and then braixen/quilladin
    Then final evos came, and I didn't really like any... But I preferred delphox. So now it's- delphox, chesnaught and greninja

So, I like a certain stage of each of the 3 starter lines more at a certain point... But if I choose a starter now it will likely be fennekin
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Anyone know what the base stats are of the starters? I've got a quiet natured Fennekin - not sure if that's good.
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

I am so excited to get this game, i am definitely choosing Fennekin! I fell in love with it and Braixen at first sight. Delphox was weird to me at first but she totally grew on me. I also like that she keeps her wand, that was a nice touch. I am definitely going to have to keep resetting for a female though. Has anyone else on here come back around on Delphox, I know it was getting a lot of hate.

(Planned X team: Delphox, Blastoise, Pangoro, Granbull (Fairy!!!), Gogoat, Noivern)

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast