View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

246 21.39%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

326 28.35%
  • Water-type, Froakie

480 41.74%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

98 8.52%
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1420

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

I enjoy chespin and quadlin... chestnaught, not so much. All other stages of the starters is pretty good, but delphox finally grew on me. There were only two gens where I liked all evo's of the starters.
    I had to reset my 3DS,

Friend Code is 4742-6299-3861

Friend Safari- Pyroar, Growlithe, Fletchingder

Looking for scyther, Frogadier, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Ditto, Eevee

I can't deny when I first saw the leaked final evos I went nuts. I hated them and thought they were fake, until I saw a Youtube video showing them off, in game. I was horrified at Delphox when I was going to chose Fennekin and loved the Greninja.
    But now Greninja is horribly overrated and usually the Greninja lovers are always bashing the other starters. But I do like all the starters now, they've grown on me.
    Despite being a Charizard lover (I love dragons, the only reason I like Charizard. I know it is not the best there are plenty of better ones) I do think Greninja is more over used and over-rated then Charizard, or at least on par.
    Has left Serebii forums.

All the starters are really great this generation. It ties with Sinnoh for my favorite line-up of starters overall, mainly due to design and/or typing. I disliked the way Quialldin looks, but I had faith the final evolution would be pretty awesome (and it is). If I had to pick a favorite based on looks or typing, I'd go with Fennekin/Delphox. I liked the idea of Fire/Psychic non-legendary when it came to Darmanitan, but I hated how you had to wait for the hidden ability to kick in. Plus, Delphox having the whole "witch/wizard" thing is cool. Greninja seems really good, especially for the hidden ability, and Chesnaught I like for being the bulkier of the three. Other than Quilladin, I really liked all evolutions of the starters.

And I really can't fault people for liking or using one of the three a lot because they all seem really great with varied strong points.

Looking for Hidden Abilities and have some to share? Click the banner above for my Trade Shop!

Pokemon X Info.
    Friend Code: 1418-7764-5015
    In Game Name: James III

I'm in love with Chestnaught, especially the shiny version. I could do without Delphox, unless it gets a killer M-Evo at one point. And I mean, killer, like it get's Trance, or some new ability that actually mimics what the Oracle of Delphi would do. FFIX comes to mind. And get rid of the ear hair, make it into a stylish braid. And put a sleek skirt on it! If you're going to go anthro-furry, go anthro-furry!

While Greninja is awesome, and it was my starter, I'm burnt out on it. For one, the entire metagame has latched onto three new Pokémon from Gen 6, and the rest are kind of transient or just filler. Greninja would be one of them. It's awesome battle wise, has just the right stats like Infernape had in it's debut generation, and the aesthetics are quite pleasing. But there is a breaking point.

I'll pick Chesnaught who's got a wicked ability, an appreciable move set, and quite the awkward design concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Part of me really wants to love Chesnaught. I love Chespin, and Quilladin is a little weird but it's the middle evo so that's fine. I kind of like Chesnaught's design concept...but I think the overly humanoid body with too much white really kills the look for me. Still my pick of the 3, though.

Greninja is one of those 'cooler than it should be' type designs, with the tongue scarf and ninja frog concept actually coming out looking pretty good. Not a huge fan of his pre-evos, though.

Delphox...well, I really like Fennekin, actually, but it just kind of gets worse as it evolves IMO. Fire/Psychic is an interesting type combo, though, and I WISH it's special move and hidden ability were better, like the other two starters' exclusives.

Friend Code: 0791-2218-3747. PM me for random battles n stuff. I also battle on Showdown now!

Currently writing: Beyond Life and Death (Amourshipping)

Fanfiction.net profile: necris14. I write Advanceshipping and Amourshipping!

I like Froakie's line as a whole, espeically when it comes to Greninja. HA Protean, great speed, nice movepool and the pokemon itself looks pretty cool.

I like the design of Fenniken, and Braxien. Not to keen on Delphox yet. I do like the Fire/Psychic typing.

As for Chespin's line, Chespin itself looks pretty cool (reminds me of Dewott really), don't really like Quilladin's design, Chestnaught is starting to grow on me though.
    3DS: 2509-2137-6109 Feel free to PM your FC for Friend Safari
    Friend Safari Type: Ghost Pokemon: Pumpkaboo and Lampent (unknown third).
    Pokedex: 719/719

Quote Originally Posted by necris14 View Post
    Part of me really wants to love Chesnaught. I love Chespin, and Quilladin is a little weird but it's the middle evo so that's fine. I kind of like Chesnaught's design concept...but I think the overly humanoid body with too much white really kills the look for me. Still my pick of the 3, though.

Greninja is one of those 'cooler than it should be' type designs, with the tongue scarf and ninja frog concept actually coming out looking pretty good. Not a huge fan of his pre-evos, though.

Delphox...well, I really like Fennekin, actually, but it just kind of gets worse as it evolves IMO. Fire/Psychic is an interesting type combo, though, and I WISH it's special move and hidden ability were better, like the other two starters' exclusives.
    Delphox got the shaft ability wise (Magician Incinerate, LOL!). Trace, or something neat would have benefited it greatly, and from it's inspiration, would have been much more fitting. The long dress really annoys me. I know Delphox are vastly male, but it's an effeminate design that isn't actually feminine at all. Mystical Fire is underwhelming, and would have been better had it lowered Speed instead. Or caused 100% burn. Either way, it's meh to the max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I like how the starters are kind of based off RPG classes. Chestnaught is a Warrior/Tank, Delphox is a Mage, and Greninja is a Rogue.

fennicin
    1) it is a fire fox!!!!!! but it is even cooler than vulpix
    2) its evolutions don't look that cool just leave it as is
    3) fire psychic combo is pritty sweet
    4) it is a FIRE FOX

I had hoped that the starters would've grown on me by now. I always for some reason hate the new starters at a new gen, but after a few months I love them. This is not the case in 6th gen, I still hate the final evolution of all 3 starters. I like Chespin and Quilladin, I think Fennekin and Braixen (I think) are ok, and I absolutely love Froakie and Frogadier. Chestnaught and Delphox look to humanoid to me, Chestnaught also lost almost all it similarities with Chespin/Quilladin and Delphox his... "robe" and the overdone earhair ruin those for me. Greninja his design is too corny (as in, it has too many sharp corners), his animations are cluthy and weird aswell, his leggs are too similar to chicken drumsticks and the tonguescarf replacing the bubble scarf feels wrong
    Friend Code 2234 - 8536 - 6702
    Friend Safari is ground with Dugtrio, Trapinch, Palpitoad

Current shiny hunt: Ralts MM breeding, 100+ eggs atm

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Delphox got the shaft ability wise (Magician Incinerate, LOL!). Trace, or something neat would have benefited it greatly, and from it's inspiration, would have been much more fitting. The long dress really annoys me. I know Delphox are vastly male, but it's an effeminate design that isn't actually feminine at all. Mystical Fire is underwhelming, and would have been better had it lowered Speed instead. Or caused 100% burn. Either way, it's meh to the max.
    AGREED.
    Not to mention its movepool isn't anything to get excited about either. =/

Chestnaught and Delphox look to humanoid to me,
    Is this because they just aren't on all fours or...?

A lot of fighters from Gen 5 are about as humanoid as you can get, lol.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Is this because they just aren't on all fours or...?

A lot of fighters from Gen 5 are about as humanoid as you can get, lol.
    No, Chestnaught because of his weird face he looks like he's just a dude wearing a costume. And Delphox because of the dress
    Friend Code 2234 - 8536 - 6702
    Friend Safari is ground with Dugtrio, Trapinch, Palpitoad

Current shiny hunt: Ralts MM breeding, 100+ eggs atm

I chose fennekin. This little fox is just to cute. ^^
    At first I didn't like it's evolutions, but they're growing on me. :3
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

I didn't know which one to chose when they came out and when I started the game I chose froakie without even thinking, don't know why
    (I'm not saying I don't like the other, it was instinct^_^)
    Latest awesome shiny ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by mellowrush View Post
    I didn't know which one to chose when they came out and when I started the game I chose froakie without even thinking, don't know why
    (I'm not saying I don't like the other, it was instinct^_^)
    That was a good choice. Hes easily the best one.

I personally like Fenekin's (and evos) design and typing, but I also like Froakie (and evos) and I wasn't a fan of Chespin much, it was just mediocre in my opinion. Also, one thing I noticed about the evolutions, people have always been asking for a dark/psychic/fighting type beginner trio, well....we got one! (Or it could have just been a coincidence) the company actually listened to us and gave us what we asked for, and I don't think I've heard anyone mention it until now.
    FC for Friend Safari: 0361-7472-0721 Fighting Type with Machoke , Pancham, and Hariyama . PM to exchange FC's.

SHINIES: Lilpup, Chatot, and Froakie WILL TRADE FOR ANOTHER SHINY

Chapter 8 out now!

I initially loved greninja much more than I did chesnaught and delphox but after a while greninja's tongue started getting to me. it's a stupid reason but it's design grew uglier to me and as such chesnaught became my favorite. especially after my second run through of pokemon y. I like all them as well and I like their respective signature moves but I do think their final evolutions could have gotten better designs that looked more like their previous forms. kinda how sceptile and swampert look very much related to treecko and mudkip respectively. delphox is the one that comes closest to looking like it's pre evolved forms but at the same time I think it's design was a bit too tacky with the robe looking fue but nonetheless I like it because it goes perfectly with it's intended design (witch/Mage)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Originally I hated all of these starters, so I picked Froakie as his design was the least annoying. But now that Greninja has been announced for Super Smash Bros 3ds/Wii U, I am becoming more of a fan of his (not so much the others though)

I personally enjoyed all the starter pokemon and evolutions, I just wish more people liked them. Grant i'm not very when it comes to design.

FC:1891-1694-6992

Let me note that for the record, i liked Froakie before he was cool (before the evolutions were released, before protean, etc.). Fennekin was going to be my backup starter in the event i didn't like the evolutions of froakie, but i was turned off from fennekin when i saw braixen. I love the typings for all 3, though, chespin did get the bum rap with fighting/grass in a metagame that uses a lot of fairy, flying, fire and ice types. The final evolutions are all great by design, though i think Chesnaught needs to get off the steroids, but if i had to rank the starters of this gen by final evo i'd rank them as such:
    1. Greninja
    2. Delphox
    3. Chesnaught

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

I accidentally clicked Goomy but I meant Froakie.

Delphox is the only one I ended up liking at all. I wouldn't mind it if it had been feminine, but to me, it doesn't come off that way. Wizards do usually wear robes, which is what it looks like at least to me. I liked my starter pick.

Chesnaught is just kind of awkward looking to me. It reminds me if Snarf from Thundercats put on Bowser's battle armor. I was originally going to pick Chespin, but I don't like where the evolutions went.

I just never got into Froakie's line. There just isn't anything about that design that pulls me in.

Granted, I pretty much only pick for looks. None of them were that bad in battle.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Personally, Greninja is my favorite of the three and generally one of my favorite Pokemon of 6th gen and my second favorite starter of all time. He's awesome; I do realize that GF is kind of favoring him out of the three, but I think he deserves it. He's got a unique, wicked design and he's a great competitive Pokemon. So excited to play him in the next Smash.

I don't understand why everyone's hating on Chestnaught; the dude is a wall. He literally walls half of the potent threats in OU. Mega Tyranitar, Garchomp, Mega Heracross, Gengar, Aegislash... the list goes on. He's a little more niche than Greninja, but he's hella useful, plus he has an awesome design and name to him to.

Delphox just sucks competitively and design-wise.

there he go

Quote Originally Posted by ;17123885
    I do realize that GF is kind of favoring him out of the three, but I think he deserves it.

Greninja DESERVES favouritism?! Give me a break! This is one reason it annoys me so much, it gets favouritism out of the blue and overshadows Chesnaught and Delphox so much they might as well not exist. I think GF gave it favouritism on purpose (Ninja, Two signature moves, Protean, Black Shiny colour, Smash Bros.). Speaking of Smash Bros, I also personally feel adding Greninja is a huge slap in the face to Chespin and Fennekin fans and gives even more bias to the Froakie line. People are allowed to like it, but geez this favouritism TO ME gives me the impression that Froakie is the only starter this gen that matters.

I think Chesnaught and Delphox get way too much undeserved hate, especially Delphox. No one gives them a chance because most people are usually too busy worshipping Greninja to even care. It's always "They're so ugly and weird" or "They suck". If only people would appreciate them for what they are instead of needlessly bashing them every five minutes. Competitive battling also isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to Pokémon species. Personally I think the RPG concept is really neat, especially since Pokémon is an RPG series itself.

*Note: This is not directed at anyone in particular*

Default Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked all three, but my vote is with froakie. I thought fenniken was cutest, and then I saw froakie. UGLY! froakie has good typing and an okay movepool.
    i am a Bible only believing Christian that enjoys Pokemon. if you have any questions about how you can have a realationship with Jesus, God's son. I will be more than happy to answer your questions if you message me privately

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354555657 LastLast