View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

245 21.68%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

320 28.32%
  • Water-type, Froakie

470 41.59%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

95 8.41%
Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

I am initially in love with Froakie. And I do love the whole Froakie line. But recently I've been more interested in using Chespin.
    This thing is starting to grow on me... literally.

But I love them both. Picking Chespin asmy main starter will give me Froakie post-game, so double yay!

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Delphox with Hypnosis and Calm Mind can be fun to run.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

I thought this post and poll was pretty funny,results wise. There was a similar one somewhere here on the forums before we had much info on X/Y. Notice how the fenniken love dissipated immediately when people compared the dress wearing final evo to a freaking ninja! LOL !
    On a side note; I feel like they should just have "X Charizard" on the front of x version. It's literally the only debate! "Hmm...Yvetal...or X Charizard..."
    Poor Xernas...
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/oirhjp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by JP Sonic View Post
    I thought this post and poll was pretty funny,results wise. There was a similar one somewhere here on the forums before we had much info on X/Y. Notice how the fenniken love dissipated immediately when people compared the dress wearing final evo to a freaking ninja! LOL !
    On a side note; I feel like they should just have "X Charizard" on the front of x version. It's literally the only debate! "Hmm...Yvetal...or X Charizard..."
    Poor Xernas...
    Maybe for you. . .
    >.>
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

I'm getting both versions and not picking Charizard in either

There is a whole lot of hype around charizard X. I'm just going to go with the starter that pretty much got the most hate at the start and the least popular starter initially of this gen, chespin. And in my opinion its got the best looking evo. I am glad that all three turned out to be dual typed because generally dual types are much more interesting than mono types so they should have some more interesting movepools to take advantage of.
    JUST A CHILLED OUT SKUNTANK GUY

MARCH OF THE SKUNTANK ARMY

SAGELY ADVICE: EVERYBODY FEELS DOWN ONCE IN A WHILE
    HOWEVER FEELING DEPRESSED IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO BE A TROLL OR A JERK

I love Greninja and Delphox equally. Which is funny because I never cared for the water starters.
    Greninja is easily my favorite water-type. Delphox tied with it as my second favorite starter.
    Don't care for Chesnaught, but can't complain about the design.
    I can see Greninja and Delphox being OU statwise

Delphox is actually pretty beast, I think one of it's abilities halves special attacks from the foe. Given it's high special defense, sp atk, decent speed, and what looks to be calm mind. It could be both beefy and catastrophic on the special side.

I'm going with Greninja though because Charizard will be on my team and I didn't want 2 fire starters. Plus picking Froakie will get me Fennekin at the end! WINWIN

Does anyone know what moves the starters & thei evolved forms learn? Mainly Froakie's moves. Would be nice to know their move sets so we can pick a good nature. I usually go for the ones that raise atk/so.atk & lower def/so.def.

In my opinion Froakie is awesome. I had my doubts at first tho. Hopefully he'll be able to learn false swipe. Loved having Samurott with false swipe in b&w. With him being a frog & ninja like it could be possible.
    3DS Friend Code: 0490-4792-3979

Has anybody gotten a female kanto starter from the professor?
    I've soft resetted about 12 times now, and neither in the battle, nor afterwards were any females.
    Might just have bad luck.

But, on the GTS are lvl 1 charmander and squirtles, so there either has to be ditto somewhere, or females are possible, after all.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Mametchi View Post
    Hopefully he'll be able to learn false swipe. Loved having Samurott with false swipe in b&w. With him being a frog & ninja like it could be possible.
    I'm afraid to disappoint you, but neither froakie nor his first evo can learn false swipe. You get the TM after the first badge.
    Last edited by saldu; 11th October 2013 at 11:28 AM.

Did you guys notice no matter which starter Shauna picks seems to be always female? :P

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    I've soft resetted about 12 times now, and neither in the battle, nor afterwards were any females.

But, on the GTS are lvl 1 charmander and squirtles, so there either has to be ditto somewhere, or females are possible, after all.

edit:

I'm afraid to disappoint you, but neither froakie nor his first evo can learn false swipe. You get the TM after the first badge.
    You can find Ditto in the mountain region i've heard
    Hot Head 25/12/2004

3DS FC:1392 4243 2904
    Trading 1-5 gen Shinys for Kalos Shinys,Pm if interested

chesnaught's arms actually become a shield

The 6 best pokemon of all time. If you disagree you can and will be factually disproven

edit:

Well that's not that bad. I'm glad to hear how early we get false swipe. Now just gotta find a good early pokemon to use it once I get the game.

And yeah I saw ditto listed in one of the new pokedex areas.
    3DS Friend Code: 0490-4792-3979

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Mametchi View Post
    Well that's not that bad. I'm glad to hear how early we get false swipe. Now just gotta find a good early pokemon to use it once I get the game.

And yeah I saw ditto listed in one of the new pokedex areas.
    Just to clarify to avoid possible confusion:
    By "after the first badge", I meant not directly as a reward, but in the next big city, from an assistant who you your pokedex progress.

And glad to hear @ ditto.

Poor Xernas...
    If this was true I would pick Y an a heartbeat.

I despise all the fame Charizard gets, and I love Xerneas (and like 612 Pokémon) infinitely more than it.

Anyway, I'm choosing Fennekin and Squirtle on X, although I'm not going to use Squirtle.

On Y, I'm going to take Froakie and Bulbasaur. Again not using the Kanto Starter.

I must say, though, Chesnaught saved Chespin for me, Chespin and Quilladin are bad.

Poor Xernas...
    Not really. Xerneas has been pretty popular with the fanbase ever since it was revealed.
    Pokemon X Team:

edit:

Yes, I got a female bulbasaur
    Newbie on the forum but I've been playing Pokemon for over 13 years, FYI

Even as a Charizard Fanboy Xerneas > Charizard (+ both mega forms). Hell, Samurott > Charizard (imo) People are more than likely choosing X for either Xerneas, Clauncher, or Swirlix or all three (and others I did not include. Don't bring Charizard any hate it really doesn't need. It wasn't bothering anyone!

Jokes aside: I'm delighted to know that ev training can be done very early, which helps for that competitive tournament (as well as between battles with friends). My only concern now is IVs and HP typing (since it's now at a base power of 60 -set but weaker than before...) Also, breeding mechanics are also important now that I will go back to being a pkmn breeder.

For me it was the fox/fire/psycic Pokémon first. Because I love how cute he/she was. And most of the time I choose the Pokémon because of there cuteness, not really looking at type/attacks it has. Yet, this time it's different.
    For the first time ever, I will be choosing the grass/fighting type Pokémon. Mainely because you can get Charizard after some time. And because I wanted to have fighting type moves to, finally to beat the normal types.

Does anyone know rough stat ranges for a lv 5 fennekin? Going to pick it tomorrow. I know it's final evo stats and what natures to look out for/avoid, but I'm a bit neurotic about a huge IV misfire(especially defense).. Hopefully all the stat calculators will be updated soon.

Well, my female Fennekin has a sassy nature, thankfully I'm going to be breeding a better one....
    3DS FC friend code: 1220-7185-1607
    IGN: Morvoren
    FS - Bug: Venomoth, Ledyba, Beautifly

I can't be the only person that doesn't care about Natures, right? I couldn't care less if my Fennekin has an Adamant nature or a Sassy one... frankly I have no idea what stats each of them boost and hinder. The only thing I'm SR for is gender... I want a female Fennekin named Fen :3
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

So... I am getting Pokemon Y today at midnight, which starter should i choose? They all look awesome, but I can only choose one
    FC: 1676-4178-1142, IGN: Sito

Trinity League Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Trinity League Battle Frontier Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Sworn Metalhead (symbol)

PokeGyms Credit: FairyWitch and Enchanted Hollow Graphics for the userbar and Azulart for the gym badge

Just wondered something else.. you get to check your starter, or are you forced into battle against your overeager rival again without a dialog pause? Hugh at least had the class to let you pick your starter in peace..

Also looked around a bit, Delphox's movepool is just awesome. Hypnosis on a starter? Yes please.

Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast