View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

246 21.39%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

326 28.35%
  • Water-type, Froakie

480 41.74%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

98 8.52%
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    Greninja is pretty underwhelming.

Water usually is. Disappointing power and moveset. Dang. Hate it so far ingame.
    I'm going to try some of the Protean Greninja, i hope it's movepool is diverse enough where i can hop around and protect weaknesses. seems even status moves change it's type to a solid type before the attack is used, so that makes things a little easier.

I have a female Protean Greninja from the safari, so i'll see what i can whip up once an egg move list comes up.

POKEMON BLACK 2 FRIEND CODE: 0991 9680 2397
    (X/Y 2191-8614-1988 Friend Safari Pokemon: Charmeleon, Magmar, Ninetails)

AWESOME! GRENINJA GETS SHADOW SNEAK!

Excuse my enthusiasm. I run various monotype teams and after learning about Greninja's DW ability, I was really hoping it would learn said move. Putting it on my Dark Gym was a must, and while it isn't as fast as powerful as a DW Sharpedo, it allows for more versatility on my team. Giving it Shadow Sneak essentially allows me to attack first no matter what and have a Ghost typing, getting rid of a crippling weakness to fighting, bug, electric, grass, and soon to be fairy, and getting STAB on the move. Besides, who brings a Ghost or Dark type against a Dark Monotype team?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I'm very impressed by the Froakie line. It's about tied with Infernape as my 2nd favorite starter, while Swampert still remains number one due to nostalgia and epic pwnage. Still, I loooooove Greninja's move learnset, although some may disagree. Ice Beam, Surf/Hydro Pump, Extrasensory, and Dark Pulse is all you need to do work. I'm currently breeding for a Timid/Modest Froakie with Protean, but I haven't been lucky so far. ~20 hatches and all Male, with only ~5 having Protean... Maybe if I got a Female Froakie I'd get more Protean Froakies

EDIT: Just got a Timid one!!!!! Btw, if anyone wants a Froakie with Protean, just let me know, I have a few spares left. PM me if you add my FC.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 19th October 2013 at 2:19 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Anyone got any preferred EVs for my naive greninja? I want to try and make him the best he can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Monek_OP View Post
    Do you want him to be,
    The very best,
    Like no one ever was?

To catch with him,
    Is it your test,
    To train him,
    Your cause?

Will you travel across the land
    searching far and wide?
    Yes, So whats his preferred EVs for naive nature? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Xostro View Post
    Yes, So whats his preferred EVs for naive nature? XD
    It has better Special Attack, so I would say 252 SpAtk/252 Speed and the rest in Attack since your's is Naive and not Timid.

Cool

Sooo..... I picked Fennekin. And got a shiny male with my initial game start up. No resets. Needless to say, my boyfriend was pretty jealous xD. Not too good on the nature deciding since I haven't looked into it really at all but it has a Bold nature in case anyone wanted to know.

Has anyone else pulled off a shiny starter first go? I haven't heard anyone having a shiny starter (and I really didn't look through the forums much, oops) and it's my very first time getting a shiny starter! woot woot.

So.... Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudoku View Post
    Sooo..... I picked Fennekin. And got a shiny male with my initial game start up. No resets. Needless to say, my boyfriend was pretty jealous xD. Not too good on the nature deciding since I haven't looked into it really at all but it has a Bold nature in case anyone wanted to know.

Has anyone else pulled off a shiny starter first go? I haven't heard anyone having a shiny starter (and I really didn't look through the forums much, oops) and it's my very first time getting a shiny starter! woot woot.

So.... Anyone?
    The Official New and Improved Shiny Thread has quite a few posts of people getting shiny starters, some even on the first day, but none of them have been on the first reset like that. Congrats!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Oh nice there is a thread xD I really need to look through this forum more. Thanks for the link and Thanks! I was fairly excited lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    It has better Special Attack, so I would say 252 SpAtk/252 Speed and the rest in Attack since your's is Naive and not Timid.
    What would you say is my greninja's preferred movepool?

I think some guy accidentally traded me his level 47 Delphox. LMAO. I can't tell if he wants it back because he is from Japan ;/ I don't speak Japanese. I have a Chestnaught and a Delphox now.

Quote Originally Posted by igotmilk View Post
    I think some guy accidentally traded me his level 47 Delphox. LMAO. I can't tell if he wants it back because he is from Japan ;/ I don't speak Japanese. I have a Chestnaught and a Delphox now.
    Good Job!!! XD

I now have all three starters

For some reason I beat the elite 4 and never once recorded a chespin in my poledex. Thankfully someone was willing to trade me a Quilladin instead on the GTS for a Fennekin. I'm so glad Ditto can be found easily in this game.
    My Pokemon Y friend safari: Normal type (Lillpup, Minccino & Eevee)
    Seeking dragon safari - Dratini!

My Black 2 PWT Singles Champion teams
    Team 1: Team 2:

My Black 2 PWT Type Expert champions
    Normal: Grass: Fire: Water:
    Electric: Ice: Fighting: Poison:
    Ground: Flying: Psychic: Bug:
    Rock: Ghost Dark: Steel:
    Dragon:

3DS Friend code: 0903-3206-5594

From my playing through the game, I really favour delphox over the other two. (This is my 3rd playthrough, currently using chespin.)
    I feel like delphox has sky high special attack, and I found it much more handy than meowstic, which I expected because of the dual-typing.
    The second starter I used was greninja, and I felt like the dark typing kind of ruined it, somehow I feel like it gained a buttload of weakness' when it evolved.
    I am currently using chespin, and I love him! Not only is quilladin the cutest, but his level up moves are quite diverse.

My only question for everyone is: Do you think any of the final evolutions will make it to the higher tiers in competitive battling?
    Pokémon X Team:
    (3rd Playthrough)
    2492 - 4366 - 5834
    3DS Friend Code
    Playing Pokémon X, pm me if you add me!
    Have Woobat and Pidgey in friend safari!
    Gale Wing Fletchinders too!
    Looking for fairy safaris with the togepi line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoshi View Post

My only question for everyone is: Do you think any of the final evolutions will make it to the higher tiers in competitive battling?
    I can see Greninja breaking into OU territory. Since he is a fast spike setter with some good attacks.
    Chesnaught doesn't have the moves to compliment his bulk.
    And Delphox, well, I haven't really used it enough to pass judgement.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

At this point, it looks like Greninja with its hidden ability Protean (which changes its typing, and thus its STAB) has the best chance, Delphox could work as a crippler but GF screwed it in its movepool diversity (seriously, no Focus Blast or Thunderbolt?) and Chesnaught is bulky but lacks the moveset to go with it.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Has anyone managed to get the hidden ability for froakie? I heard you can get HA through breeding but so far no luck!!

If you have got it how?? If you got it through breeding what did you breed it with??

Thanks

I started the game with Fennekin, I have always picked fire, and fire and psychic are my two favourite types so I really like Delphox in that regard, although I am not a fan of the enormous ear hair... I like the designs of all the final evolutions of the starters, big improvement over the last generation in my opinion
    3DS FC: 1719-4338-7555
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: Fighting Type - Pancham, Mankey, Tyrogue

Curious if anyone has found repeatable duo battles for using smeargle to sketch, trying to create movesets for better starters

Quote Originally Posted by Belloni View Post
    Curious if anyone has found repeatable duo battles for using smeargle to sketch, trying to create movesets for better starters
    You could try the restaurants in Lumiose, since they give you the ability to do double battles. Restaurant Le Nah is best, since it's cheapest and the levels are low.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Belloni View Post
    Lumiose Restaurant called "Restaurant Le Nah" it's a double battle and their Pokemon are very low level like around 10 it's how I gave my Smeargle Wish

Edit:Ninja'd

Friend Code: 5472 - 7362 - 2623
    Kalos Dex: 67/69 Complete
    Shiny's: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Odious View Post
    Lumiose Restaurant called "Restaurant Le Nah" it's a double battle and their Pokemon are very low level like around 10 it's how I gave my Smeargle Wish

Edit:Ninja'd
    thank you very much

I love that Goomy is an option in the poll

I chose Fennekin, because it gets psychic as its second type which made me really happy because I've always been rather "affinitious" towards psychic types
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Description: I am sexy
    ~I Like Boys~

Having finally seen in my game all the starters' evo all I can say is that they're really awesome!
    I knew that Quilladin would have evolved in an epic mon, but I must say that I didn't really expect for Chestnaught to be like that.
    As for Delphox and Greninja, they're xcellent too, but my favourite is and will be Chespin's line.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

If I was softresetting for a certain nature Charmander, would I have to Save before or after the battle with Prof. Sycamore?

Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast