View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

246 21.35%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

327 28.39%
  • Water-type, Froakie

480 41.67%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

99 8.59%
Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1421

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

I think Fennekin is the cutest, but I don't like the look of Delphox.. Have to go with Froakie, though my favourite pokemon in xy is GOOMY xD
    My trade thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ity-Trade-Shop!
    Got many perfect pokemon up for trade!

Not trying to be *****y, but I'm honestly surprized at how many people dislike Delphox.

Even among the fans, there are a lot of people who said they just sort of warmed up to it after the initial disappointment. Sort of what I did with Chesnaught.

Am I really the only one who fell in love with him at first sight? The only one who went "OMYGOSH this is so beautiful" upon taking ONE look at the leaked info screen, before even knowing whether it was real or not, thus praying to all the gods in existence "please please pleeeease if you're there pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaase make this the real thing!!!"?
    .....no...? REALLY? .___.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Gotta be Fennikin, its adorable and Delphox looks pure awesome, probably overtook blastoise as my all time favorite starter.
    But for the first time since gen one I do like all the starters and their fully evolved forms.
    Signature Warning.
    Your image is too wide (over 600 pixels) so it has been removed.

Which starter should I use in my Y run?

Chespin or Fennekin?
    Team X:

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ludo View Post
    Not trying to be *****y, but I'm honestly surprized at how many people dislike Delphox.

Even among the fans, there are a lot of people who said they just sort of warmed up to it after the initial disappointment. Sort of what I did with Chesnaught.

Am I really the only one who fell in love with him at first sight? The only one who went "OMYGOSH this is so beautiful" upon taking ONE look at the leaked info screen, before even knowing whether it was real or not, thus praying to all the gods in existence "please please pleeeease if you're there pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaase make this the real thing!!!"?
    I admit I was one of those that LOVED Braxien, but were just a bit wary when Delphox leaked. It didn't take me long to like him when I started playing though; maybe quite a few people were expecting some sort of Ninetales-like evolution, I guess? Personally though, I'm glad it didn't go back to being quad, that would have just been plain...weird.

I haven't used Chestnaught yet, I'll have to see about him though. ;p
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

I ended up choosing Fennekin. Though I wish instead of evolving him into delphox i would have kept him as braxien.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friend Safari Pokemon: Dunsparce, Loudred and Ditto
    Seeking Lapras, Luxio, Sliggo, Mightyena, Ditto and many more!
    Pokemon FC: 0791-2428-5361

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I admit I was one of those that LOVED Braxien, but were just a bit wary when Delphox leaked. It didn't take me long to like him when I started playing though; maybe quite a few people were expecting some sort of Ninetales-like evolution, I guess? Personally though, I'm glad it didn't go back to being quad, that would have just been plain...weird.

I haven't used Chestnaught yet, I'll have to see about him though. ;p
    This is how I feel too! I adored Braixen the moment I saw it but was also cautious about Delphox. It's definitely grown on me since then, I'm glad it's nothing like Ninetales though, the "black mage" theme works for it well!

Froakie is the best !!

I still haven't received Pokémon X due to some financial issues. But I'm torn. I have always used the fire starter ever since I got Yellow. And now with the possibility of getting SB Blaziken and Charizard.. All someone will have to do is have surf and I'm done lol. So I know for a fact I'm using Charizard X, but I've been thinking of getting all three types due to SB Blaziken event and the other two starters you receive in the game. Idk, my mind changes every day.. What should I do?

3 fires do give you a very flat defense. I say not to worry about it in the long run as all the starters are available in the Safari Zone. In the meantime, maybe you can think of roles instead of elements.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    3 fires do give you a very flat defense. I say not to worry about it in the long run as all the starters are available in the Safari Zone. In the meantime, maybe you can think of roles instead of elements.
    Well I would box SB Torchic right away because he is too OP, as for roles, I plan on using Charizard X as a mainly physical sweeper (still has 130 SpAtk) and Heliolisk as my catcher (thunder wave) that and dry skin is a good ability even though it brings a fire weakness. Other than that, I don't want to waste fly on Charizard and neither do I want to get Talonflame because that's another fire/flying... I've been thinking of using Greninja with Charizard as well.

At first, I really disliked Froakie. It just didn't appeal to me. However, when the 2nd evos were leaked, I noticed Frogadier was ironically my favorite. When I discovered Greninja in Y, I knew I picked the right starter for me. As a Water/Dark type, its surprisingly fast and powerful. I really enjoy Chesnaught too, but I never played as Delphox. One day, I will level up that Braxien...
    My Platinum Team:

My OmegaRuby Team:

If you don't play competitively, then Delphox is perfect for anyone... If you do play competitively, the go with Chesnaught or Greninja
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

It took me a little while to me, but I warmed up to it faster than the other starters. Now, it is one of my favorite final starters. It ties with Sceptile and Samurott to me (gotta create that team one day!).

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    If you don't play competitively, then Delphox is perfect for anyone... If you do play competitively, the go with Chesnaught or Greninja
    Delphox is definitely the best starter in-game imo. It's strong in 6 Gyms out of 8, can resist a 4+ Xerneas's Moonblast, it's strong against a member of the Elite 4 and has enough bulk to resist an hit from Mega Gardevoir. It's truly a force to be reckoned with in-game. Shame that the competitive battling isn't as clement...
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

should i run chesnaught with spikey shield or synthesis?

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon2112 View Post
    should i run chesnaught with spikey shield or synthesis?
    I'd personally go with Spiky Shield on the sheer basis that Synthesis is a really, really bad recovery move. Low PP and dependent on the weather means that the instant you meet anyone using Hail, Sandstorm, or Rain, you're not going to be recovering very effectively in the long run.

Went with Fennekin. Ive always been a fire starter kind of girl
    Pokemon X FC: 1934-2095-9657
    Friend Safari Type: Poison

Quote Originally Posted by Goukazaru51 View Post
    I still haven't received Pokémon X due to some financial issues. But I'm torn. I have always used the fire starter ever since I got Yellow. And now with the possibility of getting SB Blaziken and Charizard.. All someone will have to do is have surf and I'm done lol. So I know for a fact I'm using Charizard X, but I've been thinking of getting all three types due to SB Blaziken event and the other two starters you receive in the game. Idk, my mind changes every day.. What should I do?
    I know you'll probably have decided already by the time you read this, but still. If I were you, I'd ignore the strathegic part of it all and just go for the ones you like the most. After all it's just an adventure team, and you'll have plenty of time to train and raise more capable pokemon in the after game.

Besides, the difficulty level is imbarassingly low this time around, and you'll only be grateful for a couple more obstacles to overcome. So yeah, just pick your faves ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapi View Post
    This is how I feel too! I adored Braixen the moment I saw it but was also cautious about Delphox. It's definitely grown on me since then, I'm glad it's nothing like Ninetales though, the "black mage" theme works for it well!
    Apparently Braixen is the one that sort of split the fandom. It was a big change in direction from what people expected of the Fennekin line.
    I've heard of many people who sort of "lost faith" in the fire starter alltogether when it was revealed, while for others like me it was a wonderful surprise. It made me switch from being team Chespin to team Fennekin XD
    Last edited by Absol Wings; 15th November 2013 at 10:27 PM.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    I'd personally go with Spiky Shield on the sheer basis that Synthesis is a really, really bad recovery move. Low PP and dependent on the weather means that the instant you meet anyone using Hail, Sandstorm, or Rain, you're not going to be recovering very effectively in the long run.
    Depends on the set but he could run both given the weather nerf this generation
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I feel bad for Delphox with the limited type coverage curse... at the very least it seems perfectly capable in-game, and it does get just enough to get by. Only having Grass Knot as an option for Water/Rock/Ground counters is rather frustrating, though... I can actually see it using Thunderbolt and Aura Sphere/Focus Blast too, so why it doesn't have them is beyond me.

I feel bad for Chesnaught too, though. Looking at the poll it not only seems to be the least-liked starter this time around, but it also could've been given a better Fighting move to work with. Hammer Arm isn't terrible, persay, but... its Speed is bad enough. It doesn't need to be any slower. Granted, something like Close Combat would be hindering its best assets (well, one of its best assets- its Special Defense is pretty bad, too) so what can you do, really...

The only one I've no sympathy for is Greninja. It has a wide movepool and Protean to make apt use of it. It's fantastic overall and it has very few downsides, bar its frailty, I suppose. It also seems to be the most popular this time around, which is somewhat ironic considering how much hate it got initially because of the tongue scarf.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

I still don't like delphox at all. I liked fennekin and loved braixen and then delphox was just boring to me. I always pick the water starter except for in gen 3 where I picked blaziken, so I stuck to greninja this time but I think chesnaught has the best design by far. it's a shame because even so I don't think the design is all that great. greninja would look a lot more bad *** without that tongue scarf I have to admit. and I can't really take it serious whenever I see it. It might be that the starters just haven't fully grown on me yet but I recall the unova starters growing on me VERY quickly after my initial hate for them. I think these are the worst designed starters to date. but of course that's just my opinion. I do like them and how they look, I just don't think they look as good as any other generation's starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Apparently Braixen is the one that sort of split the fandom. It was a big change in direction from what people expected of the Fennekin line.
    I've heard of many people who sort of "lost faith" in the fire starter alltogether when it was revealed, while for others like me it was a wonderful surprise. It made me switch from being team Chespin to team Fennekin XD
    Honestly I wasn't surprised at all when Braixen was revealed since I know GF likes to spice up a lot of things. And I thought everyone learned their lesson to not have your expectations high and look what happened in Gen V. Plz lrn this time.

I love Delphox but I do prefer Chesnaught's design by a margin and it helped me respect Chespin a whole lot (still not a huge fan of Quilladin). Greninja is cool personally but I wish their was a little more to its design than a tongue scarf.

Also I think what made others dislike Greninja at first glance was the fact that it lacked bubbles unlike its pre-evolutions in which I understand due to some frogs losing their foam/bubbles as they grow up.

Fennekin all the way baby. However, I do really like croakie a lot. Chespin is pretty good when it evolves all the way too!
    3DS FC: 1607-2947-7942
    Friend safari: quilladin, swadloon and sunkern
    Shiny count: 3

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TrynaBeGamer/

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Chesnaught isn't that great imo. My Hawlucha took one out in one hit O_O. Surprised me. Thought that Chesnaught would be a more defensive based Pokémon. As for Greninja, I've used him... but not a lot, been using Delphox a lot more. It's pretty fast and powerful.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    Chesnaught isn't that great imo. My Hawlucha took one out in one hit O_O. Surprised me. Thought that Chesnaught would be a more defensive based Pokémon. As for Greninja, I've used him... but not a lot, been using Delphox a lot more. It's pretty fast and powerful.
    It's x4 SE. . . What could you have expected?
    Unless it's one of the most Defensive beasts, not too many things can take a x4 SE attack and retaliate.
    Chesnaught is amazing at what he does, as long as he is used correctly.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast