View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

245 21.64%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

320 28.27%
  • Water-type, Froakie

471 41.61%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

96 8.48%
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1401

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

I'd say Delphox is the best for the gyms, Greninja is the best for Team Flare and the Elite 4, and Chesnaught got the short end of the stick.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I'd say Delphox is the best for the gyms, Greninja is the best for Team Flare and the Elite 4, and Chesnaught got the short end of the stick.
    Chesnaught did get the short end of the stick. You can say it has the coolest design though (debatable.)
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

I think they are all good in game. I don't think one is better than another. I've beaten it with Delphox, playing it with Chesnaught and next to try is Greninja, but I know they are all good in game. Anything is useable in game and they all have their perks. I personally like them all.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

As far as compettive goes however, Greninja mops the floor with the other two.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    Chesnaught did get the short end of the stick. You can say it has the coolest design though (debatable.)
    I think you can guess who I think has the best design.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    As far as compettive goes however, Greninja mops the floor with the other two.
    Eh.. I tend to disagree with this, if you train them right on the right team and in the right conditions, yes I am about to say this, ANY pokemon can be great competitively. OU or not, it depends on the trainer, dedication and planning.

Eh.. I tend to disagree with this, if you train them right on the right team and in the right conditions, yes I am about to say this, ANY pokemon can be great competitively. OU or not, it depends on the trainer, dedication and planning.
    Not really, that's why tiers exist in the first place. Some Pokemon just cannot match up with others.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Not really, that's why tiers exist in the first place. Some Pokemon just cannot match up with others.
    Venusaur only became OU after his Chlorophyll DW ability. It changes all the time. "Tiers" only exist because people want them to. I have sweeped the floor with a Charizard against an OU team. Don't judge a pokemon on its Tier.

EDIT: Also I've destroyed OU teams with a Charmander, Chimchar, Rattata and Squirtle no joke. Its not Pokemon who can't match up to other pokemon. Its trainers that can't match up to other trainers.
    Last edited by ((JAWS)); 23rd November 2013 at 9:39 PM.

Venusaur only became OU after his Chlorophyll DW ability. It changes all the time. "Tiers" only exist because people want them to. I have sweeped the floor with a Charizard against an OU team. Don't judge a pokemon on its Tier.
    Tiers are in place for a reason, yes, they can change. Flukey things can happen, and if a skilled player is playing against a lesser they could certainly pull off some funny things.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Tiers are in place for a reason, yes, they can change. Flukey things can happen, and if a skilled player is playing against a lesser they could certainly pull off some funny things.
    Still though, you can't just say Pokemon are weaker than others. The reason we have teams is to make up for their weaknesses.

Still though, you can't just say Pokemon are weaker than others. The reason we have teams is to make up for their weaknesses.
    Thus admitting that some Pokemon are weaker than others.

Thus admitting that some Pokemon are weaker than others.
    No, technically every pokemon has a weakness was what I just said. Even the ones without a weakness there is a strategy to beat them. Therefore you cannot say one pokemon is stronger than the other because pokemon works in teams.

is Venusaur even still OU now that they nerfed weather

No, technically every pokemon has a weakness was what I just said. Even the ones without a weakness there is a strategy to beat them. Therefore you cannot say one pokemon is stronger than the other because pokemon works in teams.
    Yes, but part of what defines how good a Pokemon is how many different strategies there are to beat it.

There are many more ways to beat a Magikarp than there are to beat a Kyogre.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

For example, you may have a really slow UU Snorlax but with the help of its teammates it can become fast and effective under trick room. No single Pokemon or type/tier is stronger than another.

Of course some pokemon are better than others. It's extremely naive to say otherwise.

You cant seriously think that gyarados isn't superior to magikarp. Or that manaphy isn't essentially superior to phione in every way.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

So, by your logic then, using a team composed of Pokemon in OU and NFE, you could waltz into an OU tournament and expect to do just fine, right? Surely you see that that doesn't make sense. Pokemon are rated based on their stats, movepool and abilities. Some Pokemon are just worse off and can't hope to compete against others.

So, by your logic then, using a team composed of Pokemon in OU and NFE, you could waltz into an OU tournament and expect to do just fine, right? Surely you see that that doesn't make sense. Pokemon are rated based on their stats, movepool and abilities. Some Pokemon are just worse off and can't hope to compete against others.
    My logic is simply that OU doesn't mean a Pokemon is amazing. It means it is overused because theres been a change in the competitive playing field. Not making it 'better' per-say but easier to use with the change that has come.

froakie won the hidden ability battle for sure in my opinion
    Gotta love Honey Senpai
    https://www.change.org/petitions/car...-back-online-3 Please sign and help bring back one of my favorite games

Quote Originally Posted by magentaman View Post
    Of course some pokemon are better than others. It's extremely naive to say otherwise.

You cant seriously think that gyarados isn't superior to magikarp. Or that manaphy isn't essentially superior to phione in every way.
    Yep. I've seen one Magikarp sweep a whole team in Platinum once. Its selfish human perception to believe that one thing is superior to the other due to 'stats' instead of looking at the bigger picture. Also please don't write your opinion off as a fact. Some people believe or not would prefer to use a magikarp over a gyarados as crazy as it sounds.

My logic is simply that OU doesn't mean a Pokemon is amazing. It means it is overused because theres been a change in the competitive playing field. Not making it 'better' per-say but easier to use with the change that has come.
    They're overused because they are better.

My logic is simply that OU doesn't mean a Pokemon is amazing. It means it is overused because its newer.
    That is completely false, Gengar and Starmie are the oldest Pokémon in OU, and we still have examples like Scizor, Tyranitar, Tentacruel and the like.

What's OU is what stands out the most from their fellow companions whether by having a beneficial moveset, abilities and/or stats. Not all Pokémon are going to be equal in this regard, we're still going to have examples like Pyroar who has crappy abilities that don't benefit its stats while we have those like Scizor who with Technician and the right moveset soared into OU. That's not going to change and no matter what some Pokémon will always be better then others.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 23rd November 2013 at 9:55 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

They're overused because they are better.
    It sounds like a close minded statement to say that because not everyone thinks a Hydreigon is better than a Charizard. Some people have preferred to use it over the other and vice versa. Are you going to say since more people have Macbook Pro's than Windows Computers that they are better?

It sounds like a close minded statement to say that because not everyone thinks a Hydreigon is better than a Charizard. Some people have preferred to use it over the other and vice versa. Are you going to say since more people have Macbook Pro's than Windows Computers that they are better?
    No because:

1. That's not true.
    2. That's completely different, they're both computers and do the same thing. Metapod and Dialga do not do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    That is completely false, Gengar and Starmie are the oldest Pokémon in OU, and we still have examples like Scizor, Tyranitar, Tentacruel and the like.

What's OU is what stands out the most from its fellow companions whether by having a beneficial moveset, abilities and/or stats. Not all Pokémon are going to be equal in this regard and some do not make their case as well as others, that's a fact that cannot be denied.
    It can't be a fact if someone disagrees with it and it hasn't been scientifically/historically proven. Please enlighten me on how stats and the majority of what people choose makes a pokemon better. Better is an opinion not a fact.

No because:

1. That's not true.
    2. That's completely different, they're both computers and do the same thing. Metapod and Dialga do not do the same thing.
    Metapod and Diagla do the same thing? They attack the opponent. Computers do the same thing? They search on the web. If you want to get down to the raw meat and bones then you can also say Macs and Windows Computers don't do the same thing, one uses framework 4.0 the other runs on a completely different frame. You can't write off my opinion as wrong otherwise you sound close minded. I personally believe any Pokemon can be great if you train them right and that is my opinion please don't tell me otherwise with numbers and opinionated statements. In the end its just a video game.
    Last edited by ((JAWS)); 23rd November 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast