View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

245 21.64%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

320 28.27%
  • Water-type, Froakie

471 41.61%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

96 8.48%
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1401

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

Froakie looks so cool! It's evolutions remind me of my ex.

Weird analogy huh

Dustox deserves a Special version of Huge Power! C'mon GameFreak!

#TeamFroakie
    #TheCascoonOfDestruction
        Spoiler:- :

I have... A WATER-TYPE FRIEND SAFARI! The first type I used to really like!
    and another one I don't know about..

Quote Originally Posted by Silicone View Post
    Froakie looks so cool! It's evolutions remind me of my ex.

Weird analogy huh
    I think it's weirder that you were with someone who wore their tongue as a scarf.
    *Dadum Tssch*

To be hones, Chesnaught is my favorite out of the three.
    I also prefer bulky attackers. . .
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Hard to say, at the beginning of the game I prefer Chespin, but once you get a Protean Greninja it kind of leaves the rest in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    To be hones, Chesnaught is my favorite out of the three.
    I also prefer bulky attackers. . .
    I completely agree. Protean Greninja is a good sweeper, but you better hope you've predicted correctly because it can hardly take an unresisted hit. Chesnaught (and Delphox on the special side, too) can both take hits and give them back which I vastly prefer over Greninja's powerful-yet-frail-ness.

I chose my starter without any knowledge about their final evolutions and I have to say I loved the Chespin's one. IMO it is the best one (despite the way they design its head). However I chose Fennekin but I'm ok with its final evolution. At least I'm glad I didn't end up with a pokémon using that creepy scarf...
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Ya know what I really wish they would have followed through with on Chesnaught. . ?

Why is he immune to Focus Blast but not Fire Blast? I understandit'd give him a one up on some movesets, but if he's immune to one blast move he should be immune to all blast moves.
    Yea, he'd be immune to one of his weaknesses but there's still flamethrower. They should have kept it consitent.

Instead of catering to Greninja, they should have made them all equally REALLY good.
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.

Why is he immune to Focus Blast but not Fire Blast? I understandit'd give him a one up on some movesets, but if he's immune to one blast move he should be immune to all blast moves.
    Bulletproof grants immunity to bullet, bomb, and ball moves, not blast moves. Focus Blast is "Fighting Spirit Bullet" in Japanese, hence why Bulletproof protects against it.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Ya know what I really wish they would have followed through with on Chesnaught. . ?

Yea, he'd be immune to one of his weaknesses but there's still flamethrower. They should have kept it consitent.

Instead of catering to Greninja, they should have made them all equally REALLY good.
    It's because in Japanese Focus Blast doesn't have "Blast" in it's name; it translates to Fighting Spirit Bullet. Since Bulletproof protects against ball and bullet moves, it provides an immunity against Fighting Spirit Bullet (Focus Blast) so it is consistent...in Japan. When it comes to things like that, it's probably best to look at the Japanese name and not the English name.

EDIT: dangit, got beaten to it by a minute!
    Last edited by bolter1; 1st December 2013 at 8:55 PM.

Be that as it may, if he's immune to "Okutank Cannon" (Octazooka) he should be immune to "Luster Cannon" (Flash Cannon).
    Haha, they don't even have consistency in Japan.

Be that as it may, if he's immune to "Okutank Cannon" (Octazooka) he should be immune to "Luster Cannon" (Flash Cannon).
    Forgot about Flash Cannon. Strange that it's not affect by Bulletproof, guess there is inconsistency.

Eh, both have unique abilities, decent movesets and stats for their respective roles. Protean is more useable in different situations, but Bulletproof has its uses as well that helps Chesnaught carve a role itself so it's not really catering to one over the other.

Delphox though, I really have to question the moveset options they gave it, or lack thereof I should say.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 1st December 2013 at 9:39 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Eh, both have unique abilities, decent movesets and stats for their respective roles. Protean is more useable in different situations, but Bulletproof has its uses as well that helps Chesnaught carve a role itself so it's not really catering to one over the other.

Delphox though, I really have to question the moveset options they gave it.
    They gave Greninja so many moves to abuse his ability. Shadow Sneak for Fighting moves, spikes for Electric moves, U -Turn, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Scald, Extrasensory and bar Spikes he gets STAB from all of them.
    Chesnaught, as we all know, didn't get any moves to abuse. No Drain Punch? Not even Superpower, or Close combat. How did he not get any of those moves? Although he did get other coverage moves he didn't get too many STAB moves to use. . .

and Delphox. . . Is depressing. . .

They gave Greninja so many moves to abuse his ability. Shadow Sneak for Fighting moves, spikes for Electric moves, U -Turn, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Scald, Extrasensory and bar Spikes he gets STAB from all of them.
    Chesnaught, as we all know, didn't get any moves to abuse. No Drain Punch? Not even Superpower, or Close combat. How did he not get any of those moves? Although he did get other coverage moves he didn't get too many STAB moves to use. . .

and Delphox. . . Is depressing. . .
    Greninja's more lucky really as it has limited options, but they're the right ones. The only moves it really can abuse are Water moves like Surf, U-Turn (which is more for momentum), Dark Pulse, Ice Beam and Grass Knot and it does have to rely on Hidden Power to complete its coverage options. Extrasensory is an option but not good coverage and its attack stat is too weak to really abuse Shadow Sneak.

Chesnaught gets Leech Seed and Synthesis, which while not perfect does allow it to tank. I do agree that it really wants Drain Punch though.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 1st December 2013 at 10:38 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Now that I've gotten a chance to train them all up...

With the way these 3 have been made, I actually really like them as a trio for Rotation or 3v3.

Chesnaught covers physical walling AND brawling (on top of being immune to some of the moves that'd hurt the other two), Delphox covers special with a bit of support (Mystical Fire/Light Screen shenanigans have been hilariously helpful, and Will-O-Wisp too for that matter), and Greninja sweeps with trickery in tandem (Spikes, priority Water Shuriken, and a whole host of solid physical/special attacks).

Which is rather fitting, given what they're all based upon. Right down to their movepools, they really feel like a Knight, Sage & Assasin. They've definately become my favorite starter trio.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 1st December 2013 at 10:25 PM.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

In X I took Chespin and Squirtle.

Chespin is really the only Gen VI starter I like; not fond of Delphox and Greninja's designs. As for the Kanto starters, I like them all, and picked Squirtle only because I needed a Water type on my team.

Favorite starter of them all is Totodile. <3
    3DS FC: - IGN: Jake
    Friend Safari:

I'm going to have my say on the starters.

In Y, I picked Fennekin, and I wasn't disappointed. Delphox was arguably one of the main stars of my team, as she destroyed almost everyone she came across. I will be honest, I wasn't fond of Braxien and Delphox at first, but they've quickly grown on me and now the Fennekin line are my favourite fire starters of all time. Although I really wish Delphox had a better movepool as it's opitions are really limited as of now. Hopefully, this will get fixed soon. Doesn't matter though, I'm still going to use the Fennekin line to the best of their abilities if I get the chance.

In X, I was originally going to pick Froakie, but after seeing so many people pick it (and I'm going to be honest, I'm tired of seeing Greninja everywhere, although I do like it), I decided to go with Chespin instead. I haven't got far in X yet so I don't know how it'll go, but I'm sure he'll be great. I like Chesnaught so I looking forward to it. Much like Braxien and Delphox, I wasn't fond of Chesnaught at first, but now I like him (I'm still not big on Quilidin, though).

All in all, I really like the new set of starters.

I was going for Fennekin up until I saw the evos.
    Ended up going with Froakie.

The more I use Chesnaught, the more I love him. He's on my OU team as my Assault Vest user, and he's been doing his job extremely well.
    He makes me proud when he takes hits like a champ and retaliates with an OHKO.

Here's my two cents. . .

When the starters were first revealed, Fennekin appealed to me instantly, so I chose her in Y. I will admit I was a bit disappointed with her not remaining on all fours, but Braixen's sass and sweetness grew on me, and by the time she evolved into Delphox, the whole line earned itself as my second favorite starter set. (Mudkip has my heart.)

Be that as it may, I've found the Chespin line to be handy. Design-wise, I liked Chespin, despised Quilladin, and for whatever reason I think Chestnaught's a tad cute. Aside from that, he's a great physical attacker and defensive wall.

I have yet to try out the Froakie line, but I am definitely looking forward to its possibilities.
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

My opinions about the starters after the evolution reveals are basically the same as before. Chesnaught is the best by far, second favorite starter (Meganium stands firm). Fennekin line is plain boring, and besides Braixen, lacks personality. Greninja is cool and all but it being overrated and overused annoys me.

~ Pokémon Y Team ~

3DS FC: 1736-0917-9729
    Snorunt / Sneasel / Dewgong

Delphox started out as my favorite, but I slowly started to fall for Greninja even before its hidden ability of Protean was known to the public. I've always been partial to speedy starters, and I've always wanted a ninja like pokemon that wasn't a bug type, so Greninja ended up becoming my 2nd favorite starter of all time (only behind Infernape). I still love my Delphox though. Great special stats, good enough special movepool, it's just a shame that the HA seems to have more risks behind it as opposed to the other two starters.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    Forgot about Flash Cannon. Strange that it's not affect by Bulletproof, guess there is inconsistency.
    I think it's more based on the move animation and not strictly move names. Flash Cannon is now more of a beam so I guess that's why it's ignored, it's more a of a visual thing. Same way how some arguably acceptable Pokemon aren't eligible for Sky Battles, Pidgey, Fletchling, Gengar etc because their 3D model has them touching the ground which would look strange in a Sky Battle.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

The more I use Chesnaught, the more I love him. He's on my OU team as my Assault Vest user, and he's been doing his job extremely well.
    He makes me proud when he takes hits like a champ and retaliates with an OHKO.
    i know. at first i thought that it was kind of... strange looking and not very good, butas i have used it i have begun to grow attached to it. This happens with a lot of pokemon, but it seems to have happened more for Chesnaught.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

This was actually a tough decision for me between Froakie and Fennikin. The final evolution combo types were very refreshingly unique especially Delphox's fire/psychic. After three generations of fire/fighting starter final evolutions it is about time they explored other possibilities. It's Froakie who has the more attractive final evolution but:
    1.) In generations two and three I had absentmindedly chosen the water starter and in the third it had been because I had not realized that I was selecting the pokemon which would be my starter as it was very different.
    2.) I had come to favor Mudkip in the third generation and thus have had the water starter a great number of times due to my many restarts in the generation.
    3.) from the moment I had seen the introductory image of Fennikin I had been attracted to it.

So in the end I selected Fennikin who is now a level 41 Delphox and does me proud. I've even grown more fond of the appearance.
    I'm looking for a reason, roaming through the night to find my place in this world.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/29lljsz.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/rteqmg.jpg[/IMG]
    Http://mooneyedwolf.deviantart.com
    http://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com

When Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie was shown, I loved them all!
    Of the second evolutions, I loved Frogadier and Braxien, to be honest, I was shocked about Quilladin, Bit I like it now, it so round, its cute now XD
    And when the leakings happend of Chesnaugh, Delphox and Greninja. I was very disappointed, I though they didn't fit at all.
    But know I love them all, from 1 -3rd stage

Chesnaught: I love this guy now, the only thing I still wished that he atleast had a spike or two on its head or ears coming out from his "egg Hat". But after a while, I gut used to it and now he reminds me of Buzz Lightyear xD But Chesnaught is still cool though!

Delphox: I didn't like it first, because it's had so weird proportions. small head, big fur skirt. The colours combined.
    But after seeing the Sugimori Art and spent time with it in the game, I loved it and I still chose Fennekin in the start of the game, even if I still very much wanted Froakie instead because I liked Greninja better then Delphox.

Greninja: When I first so the very early leak of it. I though "no way!, that can't be real". But it was xP. The only thing I didn't like about it was because his bubbles was changed with a long tongue scarf, which I though was just extremely weird. And I didn't like that his head was so trangled compared to Froakie anf Frogadiers much more round faces.
    But I really like the ninja theme on him and his attack poses.

I learned to love them all and now I love them
    I had too high expectations for the final evolutations because of all the fanart. But now, even if they weren't what I expected at all, I think the creators wanted them to be unique and not similiar to what people expect them to be. I love the themes of Ninja, Wizard and Warrior/Knight!

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast